• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGCdm74u0n0

What did it feel like to get your *** handed to you in the last 45 seconds of this match? :p

were you angry, is that why you quit the match? if so, thats a pretty messed up thing to do :ohwell:

Is Brinstar a good Wario CP, you did really well on that level.

Just wanted to say Hi Fiction :) I met you once at the Oxnard Tourney, you introduced yourself to me :bee:

You have an awesome Wario, i believe you pwned me online quite a few times.

If you had to say who is better, would you say yourself or Futile?

Edit: wow, just saw your ditto with Futile, good ****.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ummm... he was already dead, why's it matter that he no contested? Brinstar is one of the best Wario counterpicks (my favorite, in fact).

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
still, its pretty disrespectful.

Im not hating on fiction, we've chatted and played on AiB before, he's a cool guy.

Cool, now i know to ban Brinstar :p

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I've never seen the big deal with No Contesting when the match is already over. If anything it saves time, lol. Plus hitting no contest is like an instant forfeit.

People Plank and Camp and Stall... I consider that more disrespectful than just forfeiting a round.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I've never seen the big deal with No Contesting when the match is already over. If anything it saves time, lol. Plus hitting no contest is like an instant forfeit.

People Plank and Camp and Stall... I consider that more disrespectful than just forfeiting a round.
****ing chaingrabbing to spike for the last two stocks is pretty disrespecful.
i mean the only time i would really enforce CG's is when im down or it is a close match, but when you are 3 stocking a wario that you KNOW doesnt have infinates or CG's on you... why dont you just play the match out?

i mean really. i wouldve forfeited too. and gotten pissed. i hate people who do that just for the sake of saying they 3 stocked someone.

EDIT{ Jungle Japes CP FTW!

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
Wario can easily survive that, especially a player as good as Fiction.

It just shows how good SK92 is. Its the only reason i brought that up, ive never seen a wario gimped like that before.

Hell, i didnt know that was possible :/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario can easily survive that, especially a player as good as Fiction.

It just shows how good SK92 is. Its the only reason i brought that up, ive never seen a wario gimped like that before.

Hell, i didnt know that was possible :/
Fiction just recovered too soon and too close to the stage IMO. I mean obviously if Wario gets spiked he's not exactly far out from the stage but if he waited a bit longer he would have been out of range from Falco and he would still have his Upb.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
LOL. So now it comes out. This is the reason i changed my tag and color. I didn't know the matchup at all, and lost to 2 falcos that day (just because they got 1 and 2 in the tourney doesnt matter lol). I have learned the matchup now, so this should not happen again lol. The fact that this set was for 100 dollars probably made me a little more agitated that i lost so badly lol. And that match didn't show SK92's gimping skill much, it showed my inability to quickly adapt to the fact that I was recovering wrong. I was also trying to tech the spike, which I shouldn't have with the fact that I didn't know the timing for it. Actually both of those cg to spikes would never have hit me now, since I learned to double stick smash DI and barely ever get cg spiked again. I just failed those matches, and I wanted to put it behind me. LET IT DIE

Theres nothing dishonest about no contesting when you are already dead. I quit every match that I die slowly. Its already over anyway haha. I see nothing wrong when others do it either, its just a way to save time.

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
if i got pwnt that badly, id change my tag and color too ;)

jk

No shame in losing to Falco's. Esecially SK, he's probably the best Falco in the country.

On a serious note, how do you not know the Falco matchup? Thats like having no Meta or Snake experience :ohwell: what game are you playing? :confused:

Is Falco unlocked on your Wii ? :dizzy:

Good to hear you know the matchup now, cant wait to see a rematch :)

You going to Quizno's at the end of the month?

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
if i got pwnt that badly, id change my tag and color too ;)

jk

No shame in losing to Falco's. Esecially SK, he's probably the best Falco in the country.

On a serious note, how do you not know the Falco matchup? Thats like having no Meta or Snake experience :ohwell: what game are you playing? :confused:

Is Falco unlocked on your Wii ? :dizzy:

Good to hear you know the matchup now, cant wait to see a rematch :)

You going to Quizno's at the end of the month?
DEHF/Larry beat SK92 in that tourney lol.

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
Whats the subtle difference in timing between preforming a gattling combo and a DACUS? I'm using the same input but half the time I do a gattling combo instead.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well, seeing as Nado has the least priority right down the middle of it, if you're upairing beneath it it should be possible (or maybe just as it's starting up?) in theory. Or do you mean upairing w/ Game and Watch? :p :p :p

I usually just shield or dodge the nado.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
G&W ***** tornado lol. he has about 4 dif ways to punish it(key, uair, SDI to bair, upb) but thats not what i'm referring to

i was wario. i was above and it and during the beginning of the tornado. fastfalled uair into tornado. i wasn't anticipating it

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Okay. For the DACUS its like this. The actually DACUS ( no dash attack hitboxes) has 2 lengths, one which is the length of the dash attack (performed slower) and the far one, (which is performed faster). The dash attack gatling u smash has its uses in cutting right through pretty much any shield due to the fact that his dash attack his the shield low, while his u smash works on the middle and slowly rises to the tip, using poking through.

I'm 90 percent sure any attack in the game can go through the nado in its startup frames (prehitbox). To my knowledge, wario can ftilt through the nado, f smash though it, IDK if you can bair it, you can fart through the top of it (risky) or you can dair through the top which is what I usually do.

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly what I meant.
I mean, what's the subtle difference in the input that differentiates between doing a gattling combo and a DACUS. I find that I use the same input everytime, but half the time its a gattling combo and the other half its a DACUS. Is there a slight variation with the timing?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
what the heck is a gatling combo? Is that just the DACUS that doesn't travel very far?

vvv I believe Zori has already de-trap'd himself lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Gatling combo is a dash attack that turns into an upsmash after it, like the Falco one. I honestly don't know if there's an input difference, lol... for as long as I've been doing DACUS, I haven't figured it out.

And yeah, during startup the nado can be beaten by pretty much anything. I actually think ftilt always beats it though... unfortunately it's way slow.

And Zori, AC backairs are beast, that move can clash with 150% lucario fully charged auraspheres, lol. Also, stop being a trap :p

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
#1 those arent jokes
#2 I use
-dash
-c stick down
-c stick up
for gatling and
-dash
-cstick down
-control stick up
-hold z
for DACUS

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Play as Diddy for a while, learn his ins and outs, especially w/ naners, and then you'll figure him out. I'm not even kidding. Playing him helped me SO much vs him. Now I never lose to Diddy, lol.

Zori

Smash Champion
No, I guess i have not been 'de-traped' because I have no idea what that means, I asked because i want to get my wario better, it was a real question and i expect a real answer. Phantom stop being a trap.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Being a trap means making people think you're a girl when you're actually a guy, which I haven't done, but someone else in this conversation has :p

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGCdm74u0n0

What did it feel like to get your *** handed to you in the last 45 seconds of this match? :p

were you angry, is that why you quit the match? if so, thats a pretty messed up thing to do :ohwell:

Is Brinstar a good Wario CP, you did really well on that level.

Just wanted to say Hi Fiction :) I met you once at the Oxnard Tourney, you introduced yourself to me :bee:

You have an awesome Wario, i believe you pwned me online quite a few times.

If you had to say who is better, would you say yourself or Futile?

Edit: wow, just saw your ditto with Futile, good ****.
This is the Round 2 of that same tourny and Fiction ***** SK92 in this one lawlz

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Yesterday I beat all 3 best marths in socal all in a row and 2 stocked dsfs metaknight. I lost to his ddd due to an SD at 0 :( (DIing up and biked and accidentally flicked a diagonal up b )

Top Bottom