• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Are Marth and Peach considered Wario's hardest MUs to most people? It seems like they're the toughest for him, although MK seems difficult also.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Not to be a fanboy **** riding *** but

Glutonny is amazing asdiofjaoifdasfdafiohufsda

SAX

Smash Ace
I believe warios worst match ups are peach,DDD and MK. If the mk know the mu, *cough* gallax *cough* haha, then it's pretty hard to win. DDD is just dumb, and peach has the safest options I swear. All other mus are either even or in warios favor IMO.
Marth is even with tires.
:phone:

SAX

Smash Ace
Can Marth pressure Wario so he can;t get out tires very often? Or can you camp him out with bike to get them?
Marth has the tools to pressure wario when he has momentum, but it's so easy to just jump and circle camp for a couple seconds to regain stage control.
Point blank, yes but wario is too awesome of a character to let it happen to him. Just jump away from his fairs, read his spacing and punish accordingly(fthrow, uair etc) then run away and insta crash bike lol. Marth is really easy to get tires out on

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I haven't had much experience with the Marth matchup yet, those were just my thoughts. I need some more experience with my Wario. :O

SAX

Smash Ace
It's all cool! Post whatever question you have or opinions you wanna hear, that's what we are here for! I'm pwneroni will give his input too, he's really supportive here.
And I think once you learn how to fight marths, I think you understand more about wario as a character. It forces you to learn how to focus on your opponent, set up baits, and get hard reads cause that's how you're gonna win.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Lolz, thanks for the support :D. Wario is such an awesome character. Do Warios usually leave the controller settings to default? Or is it all up to what people like. Especially about if people like tap jump on or off for Wario.

SAX

Smash Ace
Lolz, thanks for the support :D. Wario is such an awesome character. Do Warios usually leave the controller settings to default? Or is it all up to what people like. Especially about if people like tap jump on or off for Wario.
It's all personal preference with wario. I use tap jump off and that's it. That seems to be the most common thing. That and setting r to attack for Dacus. I personally don't, but alot of players find themseleves dacusing more consistantly with r as attack.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Okay, thanks. I'm going to consider my controller settings, but I can DACUS pretty consistently with just default setting. I'm thinking about that tap jump, I had it off when I used to play Diddy for a while. I turned it back on because right now I'm playing Falco and Wario.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol. Marth not an easy character to get tires out on. Even when you do, what's the ****ing point? Mikehaze sees your tire, and raises a Fair. GG!

SAX

Smash Ace
Lol. Marth not an easy character to get tires out on. Even when you do, what's the ****ing point? Mikehaze sees your tire, and raises a Fair. GG!
You predict the fair and then throw the tire at them. Or you can ust bait a fair and the jump over them to dthrow tire > uair.
Again, maybe it's cause cfl doesn't have the best marths, but fair is easy to get around. IMO anyway.

Geerz

Smash Cadet
post it masky, I shall find a way to abuse it especially against Metaknight's nair
and my control setup is L to jump, tap jump off, and Y to shield. L for jump is really helpful for the flying bike thing

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I randomly did this in a friendly and managed to save the match, if anyone cares :3

It's not as dramatic since iirc I did it to ROB's laser, but now we at least have video proof
I've done this a few times in friendlies on purpose. It's actually pretty cool...

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
So on the Mario boards someone said that wario loses to falcon. Discuss.

It's probably not that bad for Falcon, since his aerials are pretty **** against Wario and he has the grab release to knee. However, Wario does have a 0-70% dthrow chaingrab against him, as well as tires and the bike which have yet to be explored in the matchup. For now I would say 50-50 even until further notice (IMO).

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
C. Falcon can really do that well against Wario? That's amazing. I would've thought at least a little in our favor.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
lol 50-50? what a joke.

C. Falcon has some VERY good grab release followups on Wario, but his grab is pretty horrible and Wario can avoid it quite easily.
Wario has 0-70 chaingrab
Bite beats out Falcon's entire moveset due to horrible priority (yes, even Falcon punch will only net a trade if perfectly spaced)

and apart from that, Wario is well... WARIO. high tier. Falcon is low tier. Various other advantages that Wario has over Falcon.

I'd say at least 55:45 Wario's favour.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
lol 50-50? what a joke.

C. Falcon has some VERY good grab release followups on Wario, but his grab is pretty horrible and Wario can avoid it quite easily.
Wario has 0-70 chaingrab
Bite beats out Falcon's entire moveset due to horrible priority (yes, even Falcon punch will only net a trade if perfectly spaced)

and apart from that, Wario is well... WARIO. high tier. Falcon is low tier. Various other advantages that Wario has over Falcon.

I'd say at least 55:45 Wario's favour.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Bair beats Bite.

Not acting beats Bite.

Lol I don't understand how people see Bite as a counter to anything in that MU, whiffed Bite = get grabbed. Falcon doesn't have to approach all the time, he doesn't have to approach at all if he doesn't want to. He can just stay grounded and take his time to find patterns if you decide to 'camp' him.

But hey, if course Bmack knows what he's talking about. He's played several top Falcons.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Bair beats Bite.

Not acting beats Bite.

Lol I don't understand how people see Bite as a counter to anything in that MU, whiffed Bite = get grabbed. Falcon doesn't have to approach all the time, he doesn't have to approach at all if he doesn't want to. He can just stay grounded and take his time to find patterns if you decide to 'camp' him.

But hey, if course Bmack knows what he's talking about. He's played several top Falcons.
I think his point is if they commit to an approach bite will beat their option, but I know what you mean and it makes more sense. I think bite is a very useful tool vs. Falcon since it beats all of his options bar not acting, but isn't something that should be overused because then it will be read.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I think his point is if they commit to an approach bite will beat their option, but I know what you mean and it makes more sense. I think bite is a very useful tool vs. Falcon since it beats all of his options bar not acting, but isn't something that should be overused because then it will be read.
^^^^^^^^^^mhm.

I can never ever believe that it's in his favor. Ever. Plus the knee is easy to sdi cuz of its nature :awesome:. Just make your sdi suck more like mr.doom. He also shouldnt be getting many grabs at all. and his aerials can be dodged easily if you learn his zoning habits.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
SDIing the Knee rarely matters rofl.

This MU is a lot harder than some of you realize. 50-50 sounds about right, maybe 55:45 Wario's favor.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
You can make it a lot harder for Falcon by using.... guess what.... tires. You can effectively wall him out, punish him for approaching with tire options oos, and have a safe approaching tool (Dthrow it behind him, hit him into it and you have frame advantage if he is shielding). Tires can also lead into easy grabs, and whaddaya know we have a 0-70 chaingrab. I'm beginning to think the matchup may be more like 60-40 Wario, but the only top Falcon I've played was Rebaz and that was at the first Genesis.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
SDIing the Knee rarely matters rofl.

This MU is a lot harder than some of you realize. 50-50 sounds about right, maybe 55:45 Wario's favor.
It was joke lmao :laugh:
That would almost make sense if it weren't for the fact that he doesn't zone with his aerials.
Uh..ok even better then. Cuz without zoning in on us he'll just be blindly rushing which makes it easier. Every character zones. It's a basic tab of gameplay like spacing and baiting.

SAX

Smash Ace
It was joke lmao :laugh:

Uh..ok even better then. Cuz without zoning in on us he'll just be blindly rushing which makes it easier. Every character zones. It's a basic tab of gameplay like spacing and baiting.
Or he can just sit there. And wait. Which is what mic does lol.
I do believe wario wins 55:45 though. I think wario can just out gay falcon. Smart farts win this one for wario

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Or he can just sit there. And wait. Which is what mic does lol.
I do believe wario wins 55:45 though. I think wario can just out gay falcon. Smart farts win this one for wario

ok? Let him wait. I'll be building up my fart and getting closer to timing him out.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
ok? Let him wait. I'll be building up my fart and getting closer to timing him out.
I'm not saying he's not supposed to zone, I'm saying he's not supposed to zone with aerials.

And you're ******** if even after the explanation given, you still don't understand that you cannot infinitely camp without getting predictable and getting grabbed.

GG Wario boards, my monthly attempt to give you a chance has once again failed.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm not saying he's not supposed to zone, I'm saying he's not supposed to zone with aerials.

And you're ******** if even after the explanation given, you still don't understand that you cannot infinitely camp without getting predictable and getting grabbed.

GG Wario boards, my monthly attempt to give you a chance has once again failed.
Ya i agree there. But ima agree to disagree on some things

xzx

Smash Lord
Shield all hits and don't approach, because the Wario can do another dair which will/may hit you. I think up-smash would out-prior it, but not sure. Maybe an up-tilt?

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Chair is such an idiot. of course bite gets countered by not approaching. my point was obviously that if Falcon jumps at Wario for example or if Falcon approaches or Wario approaches Falcon he has that much less options to punish the bite with. it's like how bite isnt so useful against MK and Marth because they can beat it out so easily with their regular moves.

Stop being an ******* for no reason.

Top Bottom