• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Mains Interview Thread! Interview: TooBusyToCare!

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Sorry for the miscommunication, Zigs, but I'm not feeling emo about Brawl anymore. I'll update this when I get home from school.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
JNig

Q. How's it feel to be a power top?

A. Feels good, man. In fact, it feels GREAT.

Q. Will your bro EVER learn what power tops and power bottoms are?

A. I might let him know if things get too out of hand, but for now, he will never know.

Q. How amazing is Bowser on a scale of 1-10?

A. Amazing? I'd say 7, since Giga Bowser is THE 10. But he is awesome, no doubt.

Q. JNig why is your name JNig?

A. Well, ya see, my first name is Justin, and back when I was a freshman in high school, I was on the wrestling team. One of the captains said that I act really black. Not "wigger" black, but super chill black. Other people have told me this as I went through high school, which is cool I guess.

Anyways, the captain thought I should have a nickname. J=Justin, N=you know.

Q. Jnig; how frustrating is lee martin's lucario?

A. Honestly, I haven't played Lee's Lucario in a very long time. He always goes MK on me. I guess when I get to the point I can beat his MK, he'll use Lucario. When I play him, I always expect the unexpected, and never get caught up in his tricks. I'm sure his Lucario would be a fun matchup.

Q. Why you stop going to BD?

A. Because my router sucks/I suck at wifi.

Q. Outside of TX what states have you been to for smash? Favorite MU? least favorite? Do you feel pressure of having to place well as you continue to do well? Whats your playstyle? Any Wario influenced you? Why Wario? Any advice for new warios or people interested in learning him?

A. I absolutely cannot handle wifi anymore. At least not with Wario.

I've been to Florida once for a tourney. Other than that, just TX for OoS.

Fav matchups: Wario vs. Diddy (bananas are really fun), and Wario vs. Toon Link (mostly since I play with Hyro so much)

Least fav matchups: Wario vs. DDD. The fact that I actually have to care, no matter who the DDD player is, is what's really annoying. And Wario vs. Ike. Ike can be such a pain.

When I started to get really good placements, I wasn't too worried about pressure. I've looked past that aspect, which I think is a crucial step at getting good. You shouldn't worry about how people think how good you are, nor should you worry about how good your opponent is. That's how I've gotten closer and closer to beating people like Lee. Also, when it gets to the point to where it's expected of you to do well, the pressure from others reduces, while the pressure on yourself to be consistent rises. I would say I am usually aware of pressure, but I have learned how to stop it from affecting me.

I guess my playstyle is consistently poking at you. I like watching my opponent and learning their patterns and such. Definitely more aggro than defensive, since I'd rather keep pressuring my opponent than missing punishing opportunities so I can camp. Not that I don't like to camp. I've finally been able to use killer wafts at will, now I'm focusing on how to play when my opponent is unpredictable/unorthodox, as well as add a little tire mixup to my game (learning to instant-throw or whatever is so much fun!). Oh! and the airwalk-->upair is REALLY underrated; it's a really good mindgame, since no one does it.

Wario is a very special character. You must learn to annoy your opponent (pokes, wafts, gimps, tires), without getting annoyed by every little thing (outprioritzed, getting outcamped, CG's/grab releases). You have to be multi-dimensional in order to be truly successful. And if you can't camp, DON'T play this character, lol.

EDIT: Woops, skipped "Why Wario?"

At first, I started playing Shiek/Ike, but I had no real skills or exp for the competitive scene. I, like many people, was "the best in my neighborhood," which consisted of 10 or so bros. My older brother started to get competitive a few months before me, so when he started to get better than me, I joined in. I got ***** a lot, then switched to Pikachu since I loved Quick Attack Cancelling. I mained Pika for a few months, and started to improve. The day before one tourney, I was housing Sars Pirate and Hyro, and they both suggested I should main Wario since I play so evasive. I've been solo Wario ever since. I finally got a grasp of how the game should be played and how I should correct my mistakes, something I hadn't done with any other character. I can safely say I owe most of my success to Wario.

Q. jnig why your color?

A. Cuz I like it. I don't like any of the biker outfits, and it was either the double classic (LSU) or sailor (I think it's the best, of course), so I chose sailor.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I guess I'll start...

<_<

DP,

What's your favorite Stage, Matchup?, move?

Where does you name come from?

What did you think of MLG Raleigh?

Describe your playstyle!

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Dp, whos your favorite wario player right now :D

Who taught you all your sexy ****ing wario MOVES?

what was it like almost beating keefs geh *** mk.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
DP, list 3 adjectives that describes you personally.

list one that describes the wario boards.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
I guess I'll start...

<_<

DP,

What's your favorite Stage, Matchup?, move?

Where does you name come from?

What did you think of MLG Raleigh?

Describe your playstyle!

Favorite stage is frigate orpheon. **** is a mad fun stage and I feel I can beat anyone on it. i get into my groove and love when the stage flips and ****ing causes someone to **** up.

favorite matchup is mk. I love the challenge of fighting that over powered piece of ****.

favorite move hahah ask snap about this one. short hop air dodge into bike lol.

my name Damage Points is my xbox live name which I stole from the gears of war pro(I was also a semi pro myself) kid doesn't know I'm the one who stole his tag dumb ****er.

mlg Raleigh was my first national. most fun I've ever had. met cool peeps. sky was one of the coolest out of state players I met. also loved reflex elev8 and Sorasin. can't wait for more nationals. they are complete ****.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
Dp, whos your favorite wario player right now :D

Who taught you all your sexy ****ing wario MOVES?

what was it like almost beating keefs geh *** mk.
my favorite wario right now is hunger. the way he moves is so sick. I want my wario to move like that.

my boy snap taught me everything about the game. I've only been playing smash since April of this year. I've done suprisingly well. when u have people as good and as nice as snap near u it's a easy game to pick up.

and **** that match. I ***** his *** on frigate lol. I should have won I choked mad hard on smashville. got him to high % last stock and I sd'd. that would have been a huge match for me. def think I can beat him. he's good tho.

Sky`

Smash Lord
my favorite wario right now is hunger. the way he moves is so sick. I want my wario to move like that.

my boy snap taught me everything about the game.
I've only been playing smash since April of this year. I've done suprisingly well. when u have people as good and as nice as snap near u it's a easy game to pick up.

and **** that match. I ***** his *** on frigate lol. I should have won I choked mad hard on smashville. got him to high % last stock and I sd'd. that would have been a huge match for me. def think I can beat him. he's good tho.
I see.
Whatev. We'll see what happens genesis 2.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Sky da bess.

Seriously one of the funniest coolest guys ive met

"At the end of the day, what the bracket gonna say"

"Dont matter how you got there just that your there"

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Sky, why am I so hard after watching you play mks?

thoughts about the d3 matchup?

Wario's worst matchup? why?

do you plan on showing me your moves one day?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Were you or were you not scared to mm me at Bio 4? xD

Is Zex's Snake really the "Wario slayer"?

Is Nair or is it not the sickest move in Wario's arsenal? I mean come on, gimping, comboing, poking, what could be better?

Sky`

Smash Lord
1. Almost: I was on time for my match. He was late. MLG is a professional event. I will not be disadvantaged due to the carelessness of somebody else. Having said that, I did not 'push' to have him DQ'd. AZ would not let any exceptions through. It's your constant trolling that's led you to believe that. And if you had any sense in you're head, you'd try to process that. But I understand if you're choking on his ****, that could alter some thought.

2. Masky: As long as people believe that Wario can be played like gluttony and be successful 100% of the time, Wario is going nowhere. However he does have a bright future as top 4 in this game if he continues to meld playstyles like Fictions, with mindsets like Futile.

3. Almost: People who want to learn wario should not have the mindset of, "I WON CUZ OF A FART AND NOW I THINK MY WAROO R GOOD". Wario is one of those characters that can show Instant success. But if you want to be incredible. It will take much time and effort, especially when you're dealing with higher ups, like MK, Snake, Marth, DDD, Falco.

4. Snap: I timed Kryz and Ally out. JV 4 Stock. That's what the bracket says.

5. Dyno: I learned the secret to fighting MK, I'd like to think. Idk. Without trying to sound pretentious, I find that the MK mu is much easier than people make it out to be. He isn't unpunishable, he isn't invincible. He's subject to Trades just like DDD, and he can't Nair out of a perfect Dair. Problems solved.

6. Dyno: D3 Must be played with rhythm. After the Dair, you have to know that the Airdodge will come, and then you Bite. After you shield the Bair, with rhythm, you will automatically Fair. Bite = Auto Grab = Auto Fair chain = Edge guard. Top platform. Wait. Wait. Wait. Bike + Tires = No CG. Thanks to Jeepy, we've found a combo that's incredible. It's Pretty much Dthrow tire, catch Auto throw up Grab dthrow fart. Haha. D3 isn't too scary. Just annoying.

7. Dyno: Wario's worst MU is a tie between a Reactionary MK, and a patient snake.

8. Dyno: What do you want to know?

9: Pwn: I don't like the Wario Ditto. if I played you, I would have gone Falco. But I don't like playing Wario in general, he's super gay.

10: Pwn: Zex is just really good. He's just a slayer. not really a Wario slayer. I've taken his MK and his Marth to last game. He's just a reactionary/option cover-er. Wario's worst nightmare.

11: Nair is incredible. Nuff said.

12 Fiction: Idk. :] I am trying. I've been ***** with money recently.

13 Kaffei: Here's the kicker, and here's where I get the insults.
I think it's even. 45-55 at Worst.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
when are you gonna come see me? i miss you babe

also can we both pick an awesome new wario color for both of us to main? because the brown one is ugly as **** and the only reason people ever use it is to meat ride fiction

also i think wario is better than falco and maybe even diddy
i think he is top 3 potentially
how do you feel about this?

ill put more later when it isnt 3:45 am and im not falling asleep at my desk lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Ready to get infinited this summer?

Favorite movie ever?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I wasn't choking on his **** I just wanted to hear wht you had to say about it becuase I don't think I ever seen you say anything about it.

Sky`

Smash Lord
when are you gonna come see me? i miss you babe

also can we both pick an awesome new wario color for both of us to main? because the brown one is ugly as **** and the only reason people ever use it is to meat ride fiction

also i think wario is better than falco and maybe even diddy
i think he is top 3 potentially
how do you feel about this?

ill put more later when it isnt 3:45 am and im not falling asleep at my desk lol
I'm gonna come see you what, the 18th of Dec or something?

I choose brown not to meat-ride fiction, but it's the wario color I used to beat Sean, choice and C@nip. So I've kept it.

I think that he's better than Diddy. Maybe not falco. But top 3-4, totally.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What's with the apostrophe after your name?

Why so serious?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
1. Almost: I was on time for my match. He was late. MLG is a professional event. I will not be disadvantaged due to the carelessness of somebody else. Having said that, I did not 'push' to have him DQ'd. AZ would not let any exceptions through. It's your constant trolling that's led you to believe that. And if you had any sense in you're head, you'd try to process that. But I understand if you're choking on his ****, that could alter some thought.

2. Masky: As long as people believe that Wario can be played like gluttony and be successful 100% of the time, Wario is going nowhere. However he does have a bright future as top 4 in this game if he continues to meld playstyles like Fictions, with mindsets like Futile.

3. Almost: People who want to learn wario should not have the mindset of, "I WON CUZ OF A FART AND NOW I THINK MY WAROO R GOOD". Wario is one of those characters that can show Instant success. But if you want to be incredible. It will take much time and effort, especially when you're dealing with higher ups, like MK, Snake, Marth, DDD, Falco.

4. Snap: I timed Kryz and Ally out. JV 4 Stock. That's what the bracket says.

5. Dyno: I learned the secret to fighting MK, I'd like to think. Idk. Without trying to sound pretentious, I find that the MK mu is much easier than people make it out to be. He isn't unpunishable, he isn't invincible. He's subject to Trades just like DDD, and he can't Nair out of a perfect Dair. Problems solved.

6. Dyno: D3 Must be played with rhythm. After the Dair, you have to know that the Airdodge will come, and then you Bite. After you shield the Bair, with rhythm, you will automatically Fair. Bite = Auto Grab = Auto Fair chain = Edge guard. Top platform. Wait. Wait. Wait. Bike + Tires = No CG. Thanks to Jeepy, we've found a combo that's incredible. It's Pretty much Dthrow tire, catch Auto throw up Grab dthrow fart. Haha. D3 isn't too scary. Just annoying.

7. Dyno: Wario's worst MU is a tie between a Reactionary MK, and a patient snake.

8. Dyno: What do you want to know?

9: Pwn: I don't like the Wario Ditto. if I played you, I would have gone Falco. But I don't like playing Wario in general, he's super gay.

10: Pwn: Zex is just really good. He's just a slayer. not really a Wario slayer. I've taken his MK and his Marth to last game. He's just a reactionary/option cover-er. Wario's worst nightmare.

11: Nair is incredible. Nuff said.

12 Fiction: Idk. :] I am trying. I've been ***** with money recently.

13 Kaffei: Here's the kicker, and here's where I get the insults.
I think it's even. 45-55 at Worst.

Yay I think it's even too =)

Top Bottom