• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario in Brawl+

Revven

FrankerZ
Wario is ... really good. I'm not joking, even though he's already good in Brawl, Brawl+ just... makes everything he could do before actually possible (combo wise). His Fsmash is still really good, his aerials are amazzzzinnnggg, his bite is just Godly and overall he is really easy to transition to from Brawl. He plays virtually the same (except you have to be way more offensive than before of course) and he's just... really good. Videos below (not me playing). Just FYI, there are only 2 frames of buffering to work with.

Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (Bowser)
Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (Snake)
Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (Samus)
Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (DDD)
Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (Ganondorf)
Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (Ike)
Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (Link)
Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (Mario)
Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (Fox)
Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (Ivysaur)
Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (R.O.B)
Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (Ivysaur) 2
Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (Sonic)
Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (Wolf)
Peru (Wario) VS. Cape (DK)

Wario only loses one thing out of this entire transition, and that's his infinite CG on Bowser and Ganondorf. HOWEVER! He still has a CG on both of them, Fox, Falco, and CF up to roughly 45%. So, it's a pretty hefty advantage for him, especially considering how easy it is to buffer the Dthrow into the next Dthrow. On other characters, his Dthrow puts people into their tumble at early percents, roughly 20-30%ish range so he has to actually techchase with it now (since they can tech it now). Whether you want to look at that as something good or bad is up to you. Other than that, Wario is still really good, rest assured he won't be changing anytime soon haha. I also have one match of myself using him up at the moment, feel free to check it out d00ds.

0WN1N (Wario) VS. Shell (Lucas)

Feel free to comment. Oh, FYI (if you didn't know) Peru is Reflex's brother apparently (Cape told me this).

Forgot one more thing.

DO NOT TALK ABOUT BRAWL+ IN GENERAL. THIS IS JUST ABOUT WARIO IN BRAWL+. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT BRAWL+, DON'T SAY IT!

D

Deleted member

- For the moment, please hold off on discussing Brawl+ on character specific boards. A decision is currently being made as to whether these threads should exist on character boards, or on another board specifically for this purpose.
10characte

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit confused. What is Brawl+? Is it Brawl after hacks?

It looks like Brawl in fast forward to me. Could you elaborate for those who are in the dark on this?

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
Dang, Wario is a BEAST! I think he'll be top tier or top of the list in Brawl+, easy.

From the looks of those vids, yes. But who really cares. It won't ever be used in official tournies. And yes, I saw what was said at the end of the thread, but isn't this kinda pointless.

Revven

FrankerZ
Modded version of Brawl to try an appeal to those who dislike the physics engine in Brawl.
Actually... no.

Brawl+ is a more competitive version of Brawl (no, not by popularity or amount of people playing it) where all the mechanics that makes Smash a competitive game come back into Brawl and make it a really awesome game. (Things like hitstun or dash dancing). There's no wavedashing either.

From the looks of those vids, yes. But who really cares. It won't ever be used in official tournies. And yes, I saw what was said at the end of the thread, but isn't this kinda pointless.
No, it's not pointless. There's already players like Drk.Peach playing it, Rofa, The Cape (as you saw above), Niko K has played it, and a bunch of other really known people play it (****, even Gimpyfish is close to playing it). Everybody who tries it loves it, seriously, and if you don't like it you're just stubborn or like regular Brawl too much.

It'll be its OWN scene, it won't take over Brawl.

Brawl + sucks....
Have you played it before? No, not the REALLY OLD sets back in the Fall, the NEW PLUSERY sets. If you haven't played it, you really have no opinion. :dizzy:

/offtopic

Revven

FrankerZ
Uhm, could you link the codes? I think I've got an old version.
Umm yeah. Hold on.

Codes

DL the most bottom one, click the folder and DL the .gct. You're going to need the new Gecko OS to run it though which is below:

Here

DL is, unzip it, ignore the MACOSX that's there and just drop the folder into apps (don't replace you're old Gecko OS). So it should look like this: apps > geckoos_brawl

Boot HBC, click the Gecko OS WITHOUT the icon and click launch game. Enjoy! Be sure to look at the changelist.txt to see what's changed.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Wario is awesome in brawl+, I have done a clap->clap->clap-> waft on someone before. it did a crapload of damage. Also since moves dont stale killing is even easier than it already is with always full power claps, f-smashes and other moves.

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm going to talk about Brawl+ in general. It's trash and I can't wait for it to cross the right lines for the right law suits. I smell jail time.
do you just troll every Brawl+ thread you see? Thanks for adding nothing and ignorant statements to our forum. Keep to yourself since you have nothing valuable to add to this conversation about wario in B+. Seriously every post I see you do this on I'm gonna report you on as its nothing but inflammatory to the community for no reason whatsoever.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Feel free to comment. Oh, FYI (if you didn't know) Peru is Reflex's brother apparently (Cape told me this).
Peru is my good friend from college that plays Smash with us sometimes.

elev8 is my brother, who was there as well (but he plays Yoshi/Snake/Dedede).

Gichan

Smash Champion
Holy ****, Wario is high tier still in B+, looks like suh a good game, but I am waiting for some stable rules to follow first, after that there will be B+ tournies here in Canada like every week.

Top Bottom