• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Grab Releasing

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Because **** gets overlooked in Q&A's **** it.

Video Link | Click Me

:mewtwo:

Havok said:
Did you know:

AIR RELEASE ONLY
You can Grab Release Down Air Wario.
You can Grab Release Nair Wario.
You can Grab Release Fair Wario.
You can Grab Release Uair Wario.
You can Grab Release Up Smash Wario.
You can Grab Release Forward Smash (first hit, careful timing) Wario
You can Grab Release, buffer turnaround, Up Tilt Wario.
You can Grab Release Forward Tilt Wario.

The Down Air requires precise timing, you can just jump and nair, you can just jump and fair, up smash is easy, uair is a little tricky but not even worth it, forward smash is also tricky and may be worth it.

PS: The Down Air Kills at around 110%~ with good DI, and maybe 115-120% with Great DI.

PS: You MAY be able to tip him with Up-B (Grounded), but thats useless. I also believe they can jump out of it JUST before hitting it if they buffer a jump.

Now the question is:

Who else can we ground/air release to something? (Mostly worried about AIR RELEASES)

I don't care if you knew this, I can't find the matchup thread of mightiness.

Matchup Thread- Guess what - Doesn't even MENTION THE GRAB RELEASES

Get over my posts, they'll be dwindling down.

SuSa

And this is why I make new threads... I would assume all Link mains contributed to the Matchup Discussion, and Bouse didn't just pull **** from his ***. {Arkive}

So when I found out the Grab Releases weren't mentioned, I almost **** myself at how Link mains overlooked it. {Like I keep saying people, think outside the box}

If you get pissed because I made a thread for this, go **** yourself. {Arkive}

ok researched ground releases. I was in training mode speed set to "1/4" and computor set to "control",
I grabbed the dummie and when in grab animation I started to hold down both mine(links) and the others sheild buttons. upon release I could see which one was the fastest to put up his /her/ it sheild. test for yourself it dont take a long time

results:
everyone was equal with exception from lucas and ness which recovered slower from release animation than link and DK that recovered faster.

opinions(mine of course):
several like pikachu was spaced to a distance were the jabs tip could hit him by just, which outranges pikachus jab and because of this becomes a viable option out of realeas.
luigi slided very far making release grab a very good spacing resetter.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Wow, that looks extremely nice. Almost as good as Marth's.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
If this is as Havokk says, then at high percents Link gets a free KO on almost the entire cast. :D

SuSa

If this is as Havokk says, then at high percents Link gets a free KO on almost the entire cast. :D
This only work on Wario because of his "special" air release.

Haven't tested other grab releases.

(At edge it seems we can get a SH fair on Meta Knight, but I think he can Up-B out of it, not 100% sure)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Oh Lootic tested ground releases not air releases. Dangit. D:

SuSa

Air releases (Except at edge) are a lot rarer (except for Wario for some reason, lmao)

Not tomorrow (I'll be busy) but the next day, I plan to test air releases, whom we can Dair, nair, or fair.

sasook

Smash Champion
And this is why I make new threads... I would assume all Link mains contributed to the Matchup Discussion, and Bouse didn't just pull **** from his ***. {Arkive}

So when I found out the Grab Releases weren't mentioned, I almost **** myself at how Link mains overlooked it. {Like I keep saying people, think outside the box}

If you get pissed because I made a thread for this, go **** yourself. {Arkive}

Nice to know Arkive is the only one with a stick up his ***.

Calm down Havokk, no need for fighting like that. I know you said you get easily offended, but you overreacted a bit to Arkive's post. Even Deva said his post wasn't meant to be interpreted that way.

And when Fear, one of THE nicest guys here, mentions even the slightest doubt in the validity of that other topic, you snap at him. Please just calm down, like Lootic said, these kind of things can go in the Metagame discussion thread. I do realize that that thread kind of "died" as you said, but thats because no new discoveries like this were made. Besides, whats wrong with reviving a useful topic? So please, just calm down. I hope what I said hasn't offended you, I'm just trying to keep the peace.

On topic: I think this is pretty cool, I've always found grab releases quite interesting. Good find IMO. Btw, the only matchup thread we have now is NintenJoe's guide on MK lol.

Please don't leave Havokk, I enjoy reading your discoveries (BACL ftw).

Replying on a cell phone browser takes FOREVER O_o

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Why does Wario air break? He should only air break if the opponent holds them up. Link doesn't hold Wario up. What gives? (unless the opponent purposely air breaks, I don't see how this could happen!)

Edit: This is infact useless. Wario must of been purposely air breaking. Nothing a tried work on a human, and when I tested it on a CPU they air broke. They're stupid that way.
Useless in a matchup unless a Wario main is drunk and takes pity on Link a purposely air breaks.

Linkforce

Smash Apprentice
"Video cannot be viewed in your country"

Lol Wtf?

Anyway, PKNintendo is right. I know for a fact that Link can't force an air release on Wario, so this is pretty unreliable except if you grab him at like, the edge =/. Which is probably why it wasn't mentioned in the matchup thread.

MrEh

Smash Hero
It's always nice to know.

Too bad most competent Wario's will always force a ground release, unless you grab him over ledge. :p

SuSa

Why does Wario air break? He should only air break if the opponent holds them up. Link doesn't hold Wario up. What gives? (unless the opponent purposely air breaks, I don't see how this could happen!)

Edit: This is infact useless. Wario must of been purposely air breaking. Nothing a tried work on a human, and when I tested it on a CPU they air broke. They're stupid that way.
Useless in a matchup unless a Wario main is drunk and takes pity on Link a purposely air breaks.
Unless Wario makes no attempt to break out he air breaks from what I've tested.

So what's worse, letting you pummel 20-30% more onto him when you grab him at 100%~ or getting grab released into an attack that you can DI?

PKNintendo

Smash Master

So what's worse, letting you pummel 20-30% more onto him when you grab him at 100%~ or getting grab released into an attack that you can DI?
Untrue. Attempt or no attempt, Wario will ALWAYS ground break from Link. I made the same thread once about this happening too on the Wario boards, turns out the lvl 9 cpu forcefully jumped.

Linkforce

Smash Apprentice

You'll only jump break on 2 conditions:

1: If your character model is not touching the floor
2: If you enter "Up" or "Jump" as one of your commands while trying to break free from an opponent while NOT being pummeled.

As long as condition 1 is not met, a Wario player can control how he is released.

SuSa

hmph.

Won't work on competent Wario's then, only scrubs who don't know how to not be air released.

Disregard thread, because you know. This chance (should) never arise.

Seeya all

Linkforce

Smash Apprentice
hmph.

Won't work on competent Wario's then, only scrubs who don't know how to not be air released.

Disregard thread, because you know. This chance (should) never arise.

Seeya all
Not saying its not useful. Just saying you shouldn't rely on it...

Btw I still want to see that vid. Wtf is up with this country business lol.

SuSa

I have no clue about the country business.

Not saying you shouldn't rely on it, just saying its far less useful then I thought it'd be.

+ I planned to leave before this, found this, posted this, stayed to stick it out, and now it's pretty much done discussion wise because its dependant solely on the Wario to be a scrub and air break, which against any competant Wario shouldn't happen, which means none of this should happen unless it's offstage, where the dair (which is by far the most useful one) gets risky.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Is Wario's ground release slow enough where you can sometimes nail him with a dmash? If I managed to land a grab on Wario, I wonder what I could hit him with...

Like hoping for a dair might be too much, but if you could get a jab in there, this could still have some promise.

Linkforce

Smash Apprentice
You can but, both players can input actions at the same time after the release. So Wario can shield/dodge whatever you throw out.

You could probably like, pivot boost a forward tilt to mess with their head but thats about it.

You can but, both players can input actions at the same time after the release. So Wario can shield/dodge whatever you throw out.

You could probably like, pivot boost a forward tilt to mess with their head but thats about it.
+ wario is close enough to use his jab (and probably grab too, didnt test it) which means he can attack link also.

wario and link is ,as linkforce said, equally fast out of a groundrelease,

Top Bottom