• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi VERSION 3!!!

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Hang on, everyone

My apologies to everyone. I've had so much work and other things to do and think about in "real life", lately that I simply have not had time to work on this project. That being said, I assure you all that this project is not dead. Now, I'll make it up to you all by getting you guys up to date on the big 3 month gap, as well as going over what has already been accomplished, in order.
*Inhales deeply* So, we had Waluigi's model over Toonlink, thanks to Snoopy. MarioKing got us some original animations and I began a decent-looking moveset. I then fixed that up with getting rid of the stupid fire in his moves. We've been donated a variety of textures and CSP's and Snoopy fixed that hurtbox glitch to an extent along with making the sword effects invisible and getting him to grab enemies more fluently as I got rid of the ToonLink voice clips. When that was all said and done, Snoopy got Waluigi grabbing items like a pro and I finished up the bob-omb generating down-special. Snoop then got Wa working over Players 1, 2, and 4 perfectly. But, player 3's stubborn hurtbox problem is an unfixable mystery, so far. Since then, I've become much more experienced with changing animations, making PSA's, and even creating textures and CSP's. I assure you it's been worth the wait, as I've decided to begin changing Waluigi's moveset to a major extent. More to come! Thank you all for your patience.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
i posted that link almost 5 months ago...

but someone else is going to have to repost it. i have a few too many files basically all labelled 'FitToonLink_WAAAA.pac' to know which one it was i posted. that, and most of them are probably the V3 at this point, and i can't/won't post it because it's not my project.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
New/Old NEWS

This was meant to be a surprise and is actually pretty old news (for me), but I guess I'll tell you guys about it anyway because of all the fretting over when V3 will be out. So, to keep people excited and convinced that Waluigi is still alive and kicking (or, in this case, swimming), Waluigi's side-special has been replaced with...

air swim!!!

Waluigi swims forward, then swims backwards to his previous position.
If a foe is hit, they will suffer from about 7 damage and flinch/bounce upward depending on the amount of damage they have.
Very wacky move and fun to use!

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
All right!

So, how's he doing? :)
Well, work is very slow since I rarely have any time to work on him, but when I change something, it's usually pretty big. Waluigi is turning out a lot better that I expected. All I have left to do is get him to throw and attack enemies when grabbing them and...well, that's it. Then V3 will be out and about. :bee:

hammerbros.98

Smash Lord
Well, work is very slow since I rarely have any time to work on him, but when I change something, it's usually pretty big. Waluigi is turning out a lot better that I expected. All I have left to do is get him to throw and attack enemies when grabbing them and...well, that's it. Then V3 will be out and about. :bee:
You are creator of Waluigi V2? I am creator of Items PSA.

hammerbros.98

Smash Lord
I enjoyed your Waluigi project.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Waluigi is acting weird lately. :c Since I started using the new Stage Expansion code, when I play as Waluigi, sometimes his Motion file doesn't work, it'll revert back to Toon Link's default motion file and cause random freezing.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
......weird.

Maybe check the file size of the motion file?

Try to open Waluigi's model in the model viewer, open the motion file, and clean the animations.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Then check your SD card/backup/format/reinsert, then try again.
Still, having a motion file that's over 4.2 MB is BAD.

Just make use of the clean function and it should clean about 1MB of room, maybe more.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I did format-reinsert it. And I know it's bad. Once Tabuu's reached that size and it froze.

Well, I'll do that and see.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi SSJ3

I believe the reason people seem to be having issues using waluigi is due to the fact that the PSA file has been deleted from mediafire a while ago for unknown reasons. And I can't seem to reupload the old PSA. Mediafire won't allow me to. (and I can't reupload it to another site because I no longer have the old psa file, only the new one for V3) He obviously won't work properly without the moveset, so I'll be releasing V3 sooner than expected. He still won't be able to attack/throw enemies when grabbing them, but that will likely take a long period of time to fix and I honestly don't want to ask you all to sit tight much longer. Especially with V2 now missing the psa file and working improperly.

To cut the wire, Waluigi V3 will be released ASAP.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
No, doublek. I still have the old PSA file and I use it. But the motion pac doesn't always work.

PM me the new animation file and I'll try to reduce its filesize.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I THINK this is version 2, but someone on KC-MM asked me to fix this.

There you go.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xxv5q3791tddh2c

Hurtboxes, Bone References, and Visibility should be fixed. Also SSE attributes were modified to match his normal ones.

All Items should be holdable in the correct place now, He should always be visible, he won't get hit anywhere on the stage, his shield should be functional, Grabs, footstools, and throws are functional, and he should play smoother in SSE.

Do bear in mind I can't do anything any further on account of being unable to test in game as of now.
Porting the fixes on a more up to date version will only take like 10 minutes in a hex editor.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Been a long time since I tested Lyn in SSE, but I used Gray Fox in SSE 2 weeks ago.

Not sure why Waluigi would freeze in SSE.

hammerbros.98

Smash Lord
Here my Waluigi's Textures! I made all this!

Here Waluigi's Dark side!

Here download of Waluigi textures!
http://www.mediafire.com/?4lhhynz9nhjfy4i

Name of textures.
FitToonLink00 is original Waluigi
FitToonLink01 is Dry Waluigi
FitToonLink03 is Green Waluigi
FitToonLink04 is Red Waluigi
FitToonLink05 is Bright Waluigi (Past games)
FitToonLink06 is Waluigi's Dark side

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm.... hold on. When I got the pack, the .pac files were compressed. Unless the character is going over a transforming character, the character.pac file should never be compressed or it will freeze in training mode and SSE. check the .pac files of Waluigi, turn the compression to none if it's set at LZ77 compression, and try again.

Top Bottom