• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
26 Grimace Lane, Mushroom Kingdom, IMG EEK
But remember, it's always Waluigi time in our hearts...
Gotta keep the spirit alive, y´know.

So, i was thinking the other day, if Waluigi got into a main game or his own role, what would it be like ? In my opinion, there are plenty of possibilities, but not all would be as fitting as they would seem. While beggars can´t be choosers, let´s take a look at them.

Warning: Long post ahead

IT´S A WAANDERFUL GAME
WAA

WHAT IS THIS, YOU MAY ASK ? IT´S WALUIGI, YOU IDIOT. AND WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY CLOTHES ? THIS IS MY NEW OUTFIT ( AT LEAST FOR NOW ).

BUT WALUIGI, WHY WOULD YOU CHANGE YOUR AMAZINGLY FABULOUS PURPLE AND BLACK OVERALLS FOR THIS TACKY VEST ?

WELL, SIT DOWN. WALUIGI IS ABOUT TO TELL A STORY...

ONCE UPON A TIME, THERE WAS A FANTASTIC MAN CALLED WALUIGI. HE WAS THE NUMBER ONE, YOU-KNOW. BUT, APPARENTLY, NINTENDO, HIS BOSS, WAS ENVIOUS OF HIS PRESENCE. SO THEY DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO KEEP WALUIGI´S MIGHT AWAY FROM THEM, WHILE TAKING CARE NOT TO DISTURB THIS GOD IN PURPLE.

NOW, WALUIGI IS SAD,SAD,SAD, BECAUSE THEY DON´T LET HIM DO WALUIGI TIME. BUT THAT IS ABOUT TO CHANGE. WALUIGI IS PROTESTING AGAISN´T NINTENDO. HE IS CHANGING HIS CLOTHES, REFUSING TO SHOW UP AND BEING AS WILD AS HE WAS BORN TO BE. AND, SINCE THEY WON´T GIVE ME MY OWN GAME, I WILL MAKE MY OWN. BECAUSE NO ONE TAMES WALUIGI

"ahem"
I let Waluigi explain the situation because he hasn´t said anything in a while, and his words are more charming than mine. Anyway, Waluigi is sick of being Nintendo´s butt for jokes, and he wants his own adventure. However, he doesn´t know what to do. The purpose of this post is to help him find an idea for a game. Since the thread has been quite active lately, i feel like this is the right time to do this

Post your ideas on this thread (IF YOU DARE) and I, and Waluigi, will answer them. I may also post my own.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Gotta keep the spirit alive, y´know.

So, i was thinking the other day, if Waluigi got into a main game or his own role, what would it be like ? In my opinion, there are plenty of possibilities, but not all would be as fitting as they would seem. While beggars can´t be choosers, let´s take a look at them.

Warning: Long post ahead

IT´S A WAANDERFUL GAME
WAA

WHAT IS THIS, YOU MAY ASK ? IT´S WALUIGI, YOU IDIOT. AND WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY CLOTHES ? THIS IS MY NEW OUTFIT ( AT LEAST FOR NOW ).

BUT WALUIGI, WHY WOULD YOU CHANGE YOUR AMAZINGLY FABULOUS PURPLE AND BLACK OVERALLS FOR THIS TACKY VEST ?

WELL, SIT DOWN. WALUIGI IS ABOUT TO TELL A STORY...

ONCE UPON A TIME, THERE WAS A FANTASTIC MAN CALLED WALUIGI. HE WAS THE NUMBER ONE, YOU-KNOW. BUT, APPARENTLY, NINTENDO, HIS BOSS, WAS ENVIOUS OF HIS PRESENCE. SO THEY DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO KEEP WALUIGI´S MIGHT AWAY FROM THEM, WHILE TAKING CARE NOT TO DISTURB THIS GOD IN PURPLE.

NOW, WALUIGI IS SAD,SAD,SAD, BECAUSE THEY DON´T LET HIM DO WALUIGI TIME. BUT THAT IS ABOUT TO CHANGE. WALUIGI IS PROTESTING AGAISN´T NINTENDO. HE IS CHANGING HIS CLOTHES, REFUSING TO SHOW UP AND BEING AS WILD AS HE WAS BORN TO BE. AND, SINCE THEY WON´T GIVE ME MY OWN GAME, I WILL MAKE MY OWN. BECAUSE NO ONE TAMES WALUIGI

"ahem"
I let Waluigi explain the situation because he hasn´t said anything in a while, and his words are more charming than mine. Anyway, Waluigi is sick of being Nintendo´s butt for jokes, and he wants his own adventure. However, he doesn´t know what to do. The purpose of this post is to help him find an idea for a game. Since the thread has been quite active lately, i feel like this is the right time to do this

Post your ideas on this thread (IF YOU DARE) and I, and Waluigi, will answer them. I may also post my own.
Well, he could open up a bridal boutique (points if you get the reference)...

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Well, he could open up a bridal boutique (points if you get the reference)...
I got the reference, and i liked it

GAME IDEA 1: A BRIDAL BOUTIQUE GAME/FORTUNE STREET-ESQUE GAME ?

WALUIGI´S CREW
A game consisting of Waluigi opening a bridal boutique shop and attending costumers from the Mushroom Kingdom would be a funny idea, but not one that would be very productive. After all, a game consisting of a bridal boutique wouldn´t be that enjoyable. Unless we tackle this issue with a different eyesight.

A game that consisted of Waluigi opening business ( one of the possibilities being a bridal boutique shop ) in the Mushroom Kingdom or some new place in a similar way to Fortune Street, however, is a much better idea. How about this: Waluigi is trying to find a job. He already works as the owner of his oil motor company, construction company and creator of weapons. However, he wants to, not only expand his current business, but create more. The game deals with Waluigi trying to open business, creating the buildings he needs to, destroy other buildings and deal with rivals trying to get in his way, such as Foreman Spike, or another nosy jerk trying to stand in the way of our big-nosed jerk.
Waluigi could get an costume redesign, altough this will be discussed later

This idea pays homage to the Wrecking Crew games and the Bridal Boutique joke, fits with Waluigi´s greedy and jerkish business man personality, and allows for Waluigi to have his own universe, with his own cast of characters and locations. It would be to Waluigi what WarioWare was to Wario. The only problem is that this game would have to come after Waluigi having appeared on a main game or his own. Current viewers should be as used to the character as people were when WarioWare came out. Waluigi´s characteristics should be more explored and demonstrated in order for the game to fit

Overall, i give this idea a 9/10. It´s an ideal direction for the dastardly cheater to go after having his own adventure

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Waluigi’s best realistic shot at getting in a mainstream game is for Nintendo to cut the arbitrary taboo on Wario showing up in them. Far more likely in the RPGs, and that’s where Wario and Waluigi would be best used anyway. The often suggested Wario and Waluigi: Partners in Crime would be amazing, and would make more sense than a game starring Bowser anyway. It could and probably would still have them team up with the Mario Bros. That said, with Dream Team actually daring to bring back some old characters (Most notably Popple), it’s possible we could just get the Wario Bros to show up more casually in antagonist recurring sub-boss roles, which is how they really should’ve been in the series to begin with.

The closest thing that would be likely for Waluigi getting his own game would be as a sidekick to Wario in a platformer, probably titled “Wario Bros” (With some fancy subtitle). This would be remotely likely if they even were confirmed brothers, but Nintendo is being stupid about it like with how they refuse to make the Koopalings Bowser’s children because they like keeping their characters one dimensional.

If Waluigi did get his own game without riding Wario’s coattails, I think it would specifically have to play on his underdog Dick Dastardly complex. Essentially, characters would treat Waluigi like they treat Luigi in some of the Mario and Luigi titles, with nobody knowing who he even was and him having to rise to fame. While Psycho Waluigi had some questionable level design, it was on the right track giving him a new ability for a gimmick. Maybe like in that game, Waluigi finds some artifact to give him some new power to give him more interesting gameplay, and with this new power he has the motivation to go out and garner the fame he needs?

First he tries to get fame by being a hero and defeating the local villian, but this doesn’t take up that much of the game. Afterwards when he still hasn’t gained that much fame for it, he goes to more villainous methods to get people to acknowledge him. For the generic optional “collectibles” of the game, there are specific spots where Waluigi can graffiti his emblem, unlocking some extra levels by doing this due to having more “fame”. He doesn’t even particularly want to be a hero or villain, he just wants to leave his mark on the world.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm so mad that they haven't given him something like this in the Warioware games yet. It would make so much sense! He would be Wario's partner in crime (aka co-owner of Wario's businesses), and he could own multiple side businesses that are separate from Wario's for the most part. He could have a demolition company (explaining his affinity for bombs), a scrap metal shop (which he uses materials from to help Wario with his inventions, namely the hardware used for Wario's game systems or whatever), and an automobile repair shop (he would be the one keeping Wario's bike, Mona's scooter, etc. in good shape). It's so obvious!

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Warning received
Dat title.

He's right. Rosalina cheated. Waluigi was planned, but Rosalina went to Mr. Sakurai and........ummmmm.........

Let's just say that "she did some things" that Mr. Sakurai liked and made him feel nice, and she promised she would do it again every single night as long as she was in Smash 4.

Same with Peach. It was going to be Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Dr. Mario, and Waluigi in Melee, but Peach convinced Sakurai to do otherwise using her special woman "brain-magic" that made him feel nice.

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
He's right. Rosalina cheated. Waluigi was planned, but Rosalina went to Mr. Sakurai and........ummmmm.........

Let's just say that "she did some things" that Mr. Sakurai liked and made him feel nice, and she promised she would do it again every single night as long as she was in Smash 4.
So Rosalina commanded Luma to tickle him on his chin to make him feel better?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So Rosalina commanded Luma to tickle him on his chin to make him feel better?
Close.
Rosalina mind controlled a bunch of Smash fans to praise Sakurai rather than calling him a troll. This made Sakurai's ego enlarge, thus making him feel good.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Far more likely in the RPGs, and that’s where Wario and Waluigi would be best used anyway. The often suggested Wario and Waluigi: Partners in Crime would be amazing
GAME IDEA 2: MARIO AND LUIGI:SUPERVILLAIN SAGA/RPG

An RPG game featuring, or starring, Wario and Waluigi is an great idea, albeit one that has been wasted. Nether one of these two had appeared in the RPG games. Wario was set-up for a cameo in Partners in Time, but he, and all the other characters who would appear, were replaced by E.Gadd. Waluigi was perfect for a Dream Team appearence, even if just a cameo inside Luigi´s mind, but he wasn´t even mentioned. The Wario Bros have a chemistry with the Mario Bros that should be explored a lot more. An RPG where the 4 mustaches team up would be a pleasure to the eyes, just to see the two pairs interact with each other. However, there is the issue of why on earth would the Wario´s team up with the Mario´s. At best, all i see is an RPG where they have parallel stories that end up crossing themselves. 6/10. The idea sounds and isgood, but the story would have to take all sorts of twists and turns in order to make this team-up happen
GAME IDEA 3: WARIO AND WALUIGI: PARTNERS IN CRIME

Everytime someone discusses an idea for a Wario & Waluigi game, the name Partners in Crime comes across. An RPG/platformer featuring the two doing what they do best: comedic villainy. There are numerous ideas to get these two together on a adventure that fits their characters. Overall, this is a 9/10 idea. Why not 10/10 ? Because the idea is a game for Waluigi, not Waluigi and Wario. While this idea is excellent, the end result would be that, like M & L, the game would end up focusing more on Wario unless the circunstances said otherwise. This is one of the reasons why it´s not a good idea for Waluigi to be in a Wario Land game.
But still, a fantastic idea. 9.5/10

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I could see Toad still being likely, but *on topic*
Waluigi Time! WAAAAAA!
WAAAAA?

Wa!!!!!=Normal
WAAAAAAAAAwawa!=Sad
Waaa?=What?
WAWA!=*sobsob*
WAAAAAAAAA.=HEY.
wawa....=sorry
WAAAA?=Wat?
WAAAA!=Yay!

Waaa? wawa.... WAWA!

huehue cx

If it makes it any better, I'd think it'd be interesting to see more of Waluigi. Give him like a spinoff in WarioWare or something like that, at least.
He sorta seems like an interesting character. I just wished that they gave Mario more recognition. Make both sides happy, you know? DLC or some of the sort at least, because there's SO much characters people want. I know it's impossible to do all, but still. If only it wasn't impossible.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I got the reference, and i liked it

GAME IDEA 1: A BRIDAL BOUTIQUE GAME/FORTUNE STREET-ESQUE GAME ?

WALUIGI´S CREW
A game consisting of Waluigi opening a bridal boutique shop and attending costumers from the Mushroom Kingdom would be a funny idea, but not one that would be very productive. After all, a game consisting of a bridal boutique wouldn´t be that enjoyable. Unless we tackle this issue with a different eyesight.

A game that consisted of Waluigi opening business ( one of the possibilities being a bridal boutique shop ) in the Mushroom Kingdom or some new place in a similar way to Fortune Street, however, is a much better idea. How about this: Waluigi is trying to find a job. He already works as the owner of his oil motor company, construction company and creator of weapons. However, he wants to, not only expand his current business, but create more. The game deals with Waluigi trying to open business, creating the buildings he needs to, destroy other buildings and deal with rivals trying to get in his way, such as Foreman Spike, or another nosy jerk trying to stand in the way of our big-nosed jerk.
Waluigi could get an costume redesign, altough this will be discussed later

This idea pays homage to the Wrecking Crew games and the Bridal Boutique joke, fits with Waluigi´s greedy and jerkish business man personality, and allows for Waluigi to have his own universe, with his own cast of characters and locations. It would be to Waluigi what WarioWare was to Wario. The only problem is that this game would have to come after Waluigi having appeared on a main game or his own. Current viewers should be as used to the character as people were when WarioWare came out. Waluigi´s characteristics should be more explored and demonstrated in order for the game to fit

Overall, i give this idea a 9/10. It´s an ideal direction for the dastardly cheater to go after having his own adventure
GAME IDEA 2: MARIO AND LUIGI:SUPERVILLAIN SAGA/RPG

An RPG game featuring, or starring, Wario and Waluigi is an great idea, albeit one that has been wasted. Nether one of these two had appeared in the RPG games. Wario was set-up for a cameo in Partners in Time, but he, and all the other characters who would appear, were replaced by E.Gadd. Waluigi was perfect for a Dream Team appearence, even if just a cameo inside Luigi´s mind, but he wasn´t even mentioned. The Wario Bros have a chemistry with the Mario Bros that should be explored a lot more. An RPG where the 4 mustaches team up would be a pleasure to the eyes, just to see the two pairs interact with each other. However, there is the issue of why on earth would the Wario´s team up with the Mario´s. At best, all i see is an RPG where they have parallel stories that end up crossing themselves. 6/10. The idea sounds and isgood, but the story would have to take all sorts of twists and turns in order to make this team-up happen
GAME IDEA 3: WARIO AND WALUIGI: PARTNERS IN CRIME

Everytime someone discusses an idea for a Wario & Waluigi game, the name Partners in Crime comes across. An RPG/platformer featuring the two doing what they do best: comedic villainy. There are numerous ideas to get these two together on a adventure that fits their characters. Overall, this is a 9/10 idea. Why not 10/10 ? Because the idea is a game for Waluigi, not Waluigi and Wario. While this idea is excellent, the end result would be that, like M & L, the game would end up focusing more on Wario unless the circunstances said otherwise. This is one of the reasons why it´s not a good idea for Waluigi to be in a Wario Land game.
But still, a fantastic idea. 9.5/10

3 game ideas for Waluigi and none of them are Waluigi Oil Company :(

Last edited:

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
If Waluigi did get his own game without riding Wario’s coattails, I think it would specifically have to play on his underdog Dick Dastardly complex. Essentially, characters would treat Waluigi like they treat Luigi in some of the Mario and Luigi titles, with nobody knowing who he even was and him having to rise to fame. While Psycho Waluigi had some questionable level design, it was on the right track giving him a new ability for a gimmick. Maybe like in that game, Waluigi finds some artifact to give him some new power to give him more interesting gameplay, and with this new power he has the motivation to go out and garner the fame he needs?

First he tries to get fame by being a hero and defeating the local villian, but this doesn’t take up that much of the game. Afterwards when he still hasn’t gained that much fame for it, he goes to more villainous methods to get people to acknowledge him. For the generic optional “collectibles” of the game, there are specific spots where Waluigi can graffiti his emblem, unlocking some extra levels by doing this due to having more “fame”. He doesn’t even particularly want to be a hero or villain, he just wants to leave his mark on the world.
Okay then...

GAME IDEA 4: WALUIGI´S OWN ADVENTURE

WAA ! WALUIGI LIKES THIS IDEA BEST
Altough there is a long time to come before Nintendo acknowledges Waluigi´s potential for an adventure, i will already say that this is the best idea, simply because of the possibilities. Waluigi seems to be the Nintendo poster boy for the unliked underdogs, the oddball weirdo of the Mario franchise. As Martinet puts it, ''Waluigi feels like all the good things that should be happening to him are happening to other people".

A game starring the purple cheater would be great for establishing the character in Nintendo´s history, and expanding his role further, without necessarily shunning him further into obscurity. Waluigi is too selfish and similar to Wario to be in the WarioWare series. Why would he help his partner in a scheme that won´t benefit him ? Waluigi would most likely try to take the company for himself.
I don´t see him helping the Mario Bros either, and if he were to appear on a Luigi game, the role he would get would be something like this.

Neither can he depend on Wario for a role. Luigi started to gain notoriety after having games were he wasn´t the player 2. He was the protagonist. The problem is, Luigi´s games still had a Mario feel to them. They were mostly "Mario games with his green and coward bro".Luigi has enough substance and character to make games of his own, with his own themes and attributes, without going away from his character, and so does Waluigi. A Waluigi game should not be a "Wario game with his lanky, weird partner". It should be a Waluigi game, with Waluigi´s attributes and characteristics. Wario Land was a game with mechanics that worked since the game played like a brutish and sluggish Mario game. Since Luigi´s games follow the Mario mechanics, how would Waluigi´s games work ? By following Mario´s mechanics again ? Quite simply, i believe Nintendo has to create a true "Luigi" game in order to make a good "Waluigi" game.

Which leads to the next topic.
The greatest issue is the character himself. A Waluigi game should exist, just not right now. Why ? It´s not because of the character´s reception ( which is pretty good at this time ) or profits constraints. It´s because of Nintendo´s issues with dealing with their own characters. Let´s compare these two games
Shadow The Hedgehog
Wario Land

What are the differences and similarities between these two games ? Wario Land launched the popular character of Wario into a greater role, gave him his own characteristics and playground and turned him into a franchise. Shadow The Hedgehog took the popular character of Shadow, maximized his characteristics until they weren´t tolerable and shattered a cracked fanbase. These games had the same promise, and it shows. Both characters are very similar to the protagonists of their franchises, but they are darker, less moral and extreme. Where Wario Land succeded ? By showing the previously one-dimensional character of Wario in a brand new light. Suddendly we saw the reason why he did the things he did, we respected him and even sympathized for him. The game played like a brutish and less acrobatic version of a Mario game, which is the way Wario was portrayed. He took Mario´s characteristics a step further and added his own. Shadow the Hedgehog took a previously established character who ended his life in a high note and worsened his traits. Shadow became whiny, angsty. The previously mysterious character was angsting all the time with issues that he should have long ago dealt with. The game added the options of guns and motorcycles, which is a nice break from the current Sonic gameplay. However, if you are a hypersonic hedgehog who can control time and fire destructive blasts of energy, why would you use a motorcycle ?. Quite simply, the idea was good, but it wasn´t executed as well as intended

Like Wario and Shadow, Waluigi himself is a darker and more amoral than the character who he comes from. However, Waluigi manages to one-up Wario in that regard because of how much does Waluigi deviate from the series as a whole. Waluigi, quite simply, has showed no positive qualities so far. He lies, he cheats, he deceives, and he does everything in his power to destroy his rivals, in a similar way to Bowser. However, Bowser has his soft qualities, such as his crush on Peach, his children ( even the Koopalings), how well he treats his followers, his willingness to step aside and play a game with Mario, etc. Waluigi´s life basically consists of attending the party games and dealing with his own business, a.k.a: taking care of his piranha plant army (Mario Party 3), continuously stalk Luigi or find ways to defeat the brothers, etc. But what really makes him stand-out is his motivation. Bowser is motivated by his desire for conquest and an unfulfilled love. Wario is motivated by greed. DK, when he does something bad, does it due to an inability to control his insticts. Kamek, Koopalings, etc do the things they do out of loyalty for Bowser. These are the most frequent bad guys because they fit the Mario series better. In the Mario series, the bad guys are never evil, just misguided. Waluigi falls into that rule, according to Charles Martinet, because of his self-pity and desire to be the best. However, i´ve made a deeper analysis of the character...

The other bad guys of the Mario series are those we see in the RPG´s; Fawful, Princess Shroob, Dark Star, Dimentio, etc. These characters are driven by insanity, hate or a simple desire for conquest. They are not misguided. They know they are bad, and they know they hurt people, and they like it. King Boo falls into this pattern. And, surprisingly, so does Waluigi. Waluigi is motivated by two things: his desire to prove himself, show the world he is the best and become the number one superstar, and his hatred for the kingdom, who continuously makes fun of him and "cheats" him out. He does what he does because he feels like he has no other option, and, according to the Mario Tennis bio, he believes that, until he destroys the Mario Brothers, he will not succeed in anything.
He´s a Mario character who, examined deep enough, shows a disturbing depression and repressed rage (Luigi, altough his is noticeably less extreme) , masked in boisterous showmanship and the "i´m number one" act (Wario)

Sweet dreams...

My point is: making a series that follows a hero with nothing heroic whatsoever isn´t uncommon in recent works of fiction. Characters like Dexter, Hannibal and Walter White are the protagonists, but their characters are so inhuman and incapable of redemption that we feel bad for rooting for them. While Waluigi has never done anything that bad, his personality fits with the actions those 3 are capable of. Dexter murders dozens of people. Hannibal has zero indifference over those he eats, and Walter White poisons a child and manipulates even his family for the sake of his ego. They all put on facades ( Waluigi acts like Wario to mask the fact that he is more like Luigi than he would like to admit ) to mask the fact that, deep down, they are troubled persons who are desperate for power. Waluigi would do anything to be popular, and is quite capable of being a threat when he puts his mind into it (Mario Party 3, Mario Party-e, DDR: Mario Mix). What stops Waluigi from standing in the same spot as other tragic and monstrous characters such as Norman Bates, Jeff the Killer and Joker is the fact that he comes from a series aimed primarily at children, his emotion is more of self-pity than that of violence ( since the Mario series avoids hostile characters ) and he hasn´t done any such monstrous deed. The worst so far is his claim to enslave the world in DDR: Mario Mix, and even Bowser has planned worse.

While this seems like a load of crazy bull****, one has to remember that Waluigi´s character seems to be getting sillier with each game, no longer setting up bombs for the player or kicking Bowser´s ass, and, in Mario Kart 7, he seems to have been removed not only because of time constraints, but due to the game´s director seeing his frame as unfitting for the product´s charm [http://www.gamememo.com/2012/01/22/mario-kart-7-waluigi/]. Thanks to the Mario series´s tone, Waluigi is more silly and weird than creepy, but if we removed him from these games, then what ?

He would still remain silly and weird, of course. The character wasn´t made with the intention of being scary. While Waluigi is far from being the "creepy pedophile" people talk about, i still think this character is quite dark for such a light-hearted game. it´s even mentioned in his first Mario Tennis bio. "Most characters of the Mario series tend to have positive attitudes, but Waluigi seems to be lacking that, and he clearly doesn´t want it". Remember in the Mario Strikers games were everyone suddenly turned violent ? Waluigi still stood out, at least amongs´t game dialogue, as the despicable and jerkish one

TL:DR: A Waluigi game would be the best idea, but it need darker themes for a darker character while retaining the silliness of the Mario series, and Luigi needs to have more defined games

I think i write too much...

Last edited:

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
3 game ideas for Waluigi and none of them are Waluigi Oil Company :(
''He already works as the owner of his OIL MOTOR COMPANY, construction company and creator of weapons. However, he wants to, not only expand his current business, but create more. The game deals with Waluigi trying to open business, creating the buildings he needs to, destroy other buildings and deal with rivals trying to get in his way ''

I have mentioned the oil motor company as part of the in-game jobs that Waluigi has. Part of that game would consist of Waluigi trying to expand that business

I edited some of the images so i wouldn´t get them removed, but the point is still exemplified in the new images

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Okay then...

GAME IDEA 4: WALUIGI´S OWN ADVENTURE

WAA ! WALUIGI LIKES THIS IDEA BEST
Altough there is a long time to come before Nintendo acknowledges Waluigi´s potential for an adventure, i will already say that this is the best idea, simply because of the possibilities. Waluigi seems to be the Nintendo poster boy for the unliked underdogs, the oddball weirdo of the Mario franchise. As Martinet puts it, ''Waluigi feels like all the good things that should be happening to him are happening to other people".

A game starring the purple cheater would be great for establishing the character in Nintendo´s history, and expanding his role further, without necessarily shunning him further into obscurity. Waluigi is too selfish and similar to Wario to be in the WarioWare series. Why would he help his partner in a scheme that won´t benefit him ? Waluigi would most likely try to take the company for himself.
I don´t see him helping the Mario Bros either, and if he were to appear on a Luigi game, the role he would get would be something like this.

Neither can he depend on Wario for a role. Luigi started to gain notoriety after having games were he wasn´t the player 2. He was the protagonist. The problem is, Luigi´s games still had a Mario feel to them. They were mostly "Mario games with his green and coward bro".Luigi has enough substance and character to make games of his own, with his own themes and attributes, without going away from his character, and so does Waluigi. A Waluigi game should not be a "Wario game with his lanky, weird partner". It should be a Waluigi game, with Waluigi´s attributes and characteristics. Wario Land was a game with mechanics that worked since the game played like a brutish and sluggish Mario game. Since Luigi´s games follow the Mario mechanics, how would Waluigi´s games work ? By following Mario´s mechanics again ? Quite simply, i believe Nintendo has to create a true "Luigi" game in order to make a good "Waluigi" game.

Which leads to the next topic.
The greatest issue is the character himself. A Waluigi game should exist, just not right now. Why ? It´s not because of the character´s reception ( which is pretty good at this time ) or profits constraints. It´s because of Nintendo´s issues with dealing with their own characters. Let´s compare these two games
Shadow The Hedgehog
Wario Land

What are the differences and similarities between these two games ? Wario Land launched the popular character of Wario into a greater role, gave him his own characteristics and playground and turned him into a franchise. Shadow The Hedgehog took the popular character of Shadow, maximized his characteristics until they weren´t tolerable and shattered a cracked fanbase. These games had the same promise, and it shows. Both characters are very similar to the protagonists of their franchises, but they are darker, less moral and extreme. Where Wario Land succeded ? By showing the previously one-dimensional character of Wario in a brand new light. Suddendly we saw the reason why he did the things he did, we respected him and even sympathized for him. The game played like a brutish and less acrobatic version of a Mario game, which is the way Wario was portrayed. He took Mario´s characteristics a step further and added his own. Shadow the Hedgehog took a previously established character who ended his life in a high note and worsened his traits. Shadow became whiny, angsty. The previously mysterious character was angsting all the time with issues that he should have long ago dealt with. The game added the options of guns and motorcycles, which is a nice break from the current Sonic gameplay. However, if you are a hypersonic hedgehog who can control time and fire destructive blasts of energy, why would you use a motorcycle ?. Quite simply, the idea was good, but it wasn´t executed as well as intended

Like Wario and Shadow, Waluigi himself is a darker and more amoral than the character who he comes from. However, Waluigi manages to one-up Wario in that regard because of how much does Waluigi deviate from the series as a whole. Waluigi, quite simply, has showed no positive qualities so far. He lies, he cheats, he deceives, and he does everything in his power to destroy his rivals, in a similar way to Bowser. However, Bowser has his soft qualities, such as his crush on Peach, his children ( even the Koopalings), how well he treats his followers, his willingness to step aside and play a game with Mario, etc. Waluigi´s life basically consists of attending the party games and dealing with his own business, a.k.a: taking care of his piranha plant army (Mario Party 3), continuously stalk Luigi or find ways to defeat the brothers, etc. But what really makes him stand-out is his motivation. Bowser is motivated by his desire for conquest and an unfulfilled love. Wario is motivated by greed. DK, when he does something bad, does it due to an inability to control his insticts. Kamek, Koopalings, etc do the things they do out of loyalty for Bowser. These are the most frequent bad guys because they fit the Mario series better. In the Mario series, the bad guys are never evil, just misguided. Waluigi falls into that rule, according to Charles Martinet, because of his self-pity and desire to be the best. However, i´ve made a deeper analysis of the character...

The other bad guys of the Mario series are those we see in the RPG´s; Fawful, Princess Shroob, Dark Star, Dimentio, etc. These characters are driven by insanity, hate or a simple desire for conquest. They are not misguided. They know they are bad, and they know they hurt people, and they like it. King Boo falls into this pattern. And, surprisingly, so does Waluigi. Waluigi is motivated by two things: his desire to prove himself, show the world he is the best and become the number one superstar, and his hatred for the kingdom, who continuously makes fun of him and "cheats" him out. He does what he does because he feels like he has no other option, and, according to the Mario Tennis bio, he believes that, until he destroys the Mario Brothers, he will not succeed in anything.
He´s a Mario character who, examined deep enough, shows a disturbing depression and repressed rage (Luigi, altough his is noticeably less extreme) , masked in boisterous showmanship and the "i´m number one" act (Wario)

Sweet dreams...

My point is: making a series that follows a hero with nothing heroic whatsoever isn´t uncommon in recent works of fiction. Characters like Dexter, Hannibal and Walter White are the protagonists, but their characters are so inhuman and incapable of redemption that we feel bad for rooting for them. While Waluigi has never done anything that bad, his personality fits with the actions those 3 are capable of. Dexter murders dozens of people. Hannibal has zero indifference over those he eats, and Walter White poisons a child and manipulates even his family for the sake of his ego. They all put on facades ( Waluigi acts like Wario to mask the fact that he is more like Luigi than he would like to admit ) to mask the fact that, deep down, they are troubled persons who are desperate for power. Waluigi would do anything to be popular, and is quite capable of being a threat when he puts his mind into it (Mario Party 3, Mario Party-e, DDR: Mario Mix). What stops Waluigi from standing in the same spot as other tragic and monstrous characters such as Norman Bates, Jeff the Killer and Joker is the fact that he comes from a series aimed primarily at children, his emotion is more of self-pity than that of violence ( since the Mario series avoids hostile characters ) and he hasn´t done any such monstrous deed. The worst so far is his claim to enslave the world in DDR: Mario Mix, and even Bowser has planned worse.

While this seems like a load of crazy bull****, one has to remember that Waluigi´s character seems to be getting sillier with each game, no longer setting up bombs for the player or kicking Bowser´s ***, and, in Mario Kart 7, he seems to have been removed not only because of time constraints, but due to the game´s director seeing his frame as unfitting for the product´s charm [http://www.gamememo.com/2012/01/22/mario-kart-7-waluigi/]. Thanks to the Mario series´s tone, Waluigi is more silly and weird than creepy, but if we removed him from these games, then what ?

He would still remain silly and weird, of course. The character wasn´t made with the intention of being scary. While Waluigi is far from being the "creepy pedophile" people talk about, i still think this character is quite dark for such a light-hearted game. it´s even mentioned in his first Mario Tennis bio. "Most characters of the Mario series tend to have positive attitudes, but Waluigi seems to be lacking that, and he clearly doesn´t want it". Remember in the Mario Strikers games were everyone suddenly turned violent ? Waluigi still stood out, at least amongs´t game dialogue, as the despicable and jerkish one

TL:DR: A Waluigi game would be the best idea, but it need darker themes for a darker character while retaining the silliness of the Mario series, and Luigi needs to have more defined games

I think i write too much...
I think you’re grossly exaggerating and over-interpreting such a simplistic character just because there isn’t a lot to go on. Yes, Waluigi would be more brutal in a more adult themed series, but so would Bowser/Wario/etc. Think of the “There will be Brawl” interpretation of Wario, as an example. I don’t think Waluigi’s level of “evil” is higher than Wario’s, given how they seem like two peas in a pod in the various Camelot intros for sports games (Most notably Gamecube Tennis). If anything, Waluigi is less evil than Wario, as Waluigi can’t be as motivated to do anything by raw greed like him. Waluigi is more of a prankster and conman archetype. Maybe a thief, but that’s about as far as I see him going. Comparing Waluigi to characters like Walter White and the Joker is very ridiculous. Given he’s mostly in sports games, the earlier comparison I made to Dick Dastardly is best – he’ll do his best to cheat and get ahead, but it’s not like he’s going to just spontaneously murder his opponents. A darker Waluigi like what you’re suggesting also loses a lot of the more humorous likable aspects of the character.

D

Deleted member

Unlike Wario, Waluigi does have ambition to conquer the world.

....he's just ****ing terrible at it. And is too distracted by his hatred of Luigi to put thought into it.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
I think you’re grossly exaggerating and over-interpreting such a simplistic character just because there isn’t a lot to go on.
You know, you´re actually right. I did went a bit overboard on interpretations. I tried to think of the character in a context outside of the Mario series. I apologize for having gone WAY over-the-top. However, i still stand true by some of my statements.While it´s true that the characters of the series would be changed in a more adult setting, i chose Waluigi as the stand-out example because of how we never saw him outside of the sports contest, and we don´t know what he is capable of so far. The most we have seen were his attempts to take over the world in DDR:Mario Mix, and we all know how that turned out.

So far, we have seen two settings where the characters had some of their characteristics changed: Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Strikers. These games had brought some of the worst the 4 plumbers had to offer.

Mario in the SSB series seemed like a slightly different one. We usually see the plumber with a happy smile, the willingness to be nice to his enemies and never hold grudges. In the Subspace Emissary, Mario was constantly frowning, not smiling even once during the game and pulling no stops agains´t his opponents. These changes occur because of the circunstances. At the time, Mario supposedly believes that Peach is dead or trophified. That´s why he even tries to squash Link or Bowser, the villain he is usually on friend-enemy terms with. The occasions were we see Mario angry ( Mario Galaxy is an example ) are the most serious ones, and it shows on this game
In the Mario Strikers games ,everyone turned all jerkish and violent, and Mario was no exception. He turned into a sore loser showman. He would cheer and hog all attention for himself, much like most of the other characters, and when he lost, he would throw tantrums. Most characters did the same, including Bowser/Wario/Waluigi, etc

Here are some of the other designs the characters were supposed to have

So far, Mario Strikers was the only Mario game where the characters changed setting. The game was no longer a bright,cheery adventure through a magical land or a fun reunion with friends and enemies to play a game. It became a brutal soccer game where the characters were more violent than before. That´s why the game has an +7 rating. For a Mario game, a series with perpetual E for everyone ratings, that´s kinda big actually

Wario in the Mario Strikers games was rather mellow, really. He turned into a comic relief more than before. Since everyone became an jerk, the villain characters had to one-up them. Wario tried by exploding himself and beating his assistants for not throwing him up, but his animations became mostly comic relief. In the Subspace Emissary, however, i think this may have been the only time where Wario was actually creepy/scary. Wario´s greed became more than just a reason for his adventures. It became a reason for us to fear him. Wario became the loose cannon, doing as he felt like. To be truthful, Wario rarely did evil things. The most i remember so far is taking over Mario Land and enslaving the population, and that was in his first appearence. Wario himself isn´t much of an evil character anymore. He´s an sociopathic, unscrupulous hero who does as he feels like doing, in a similar way to characters such as Kratos, Dexter and Deadpool

Waluigi hasn´t made an appearence in the Subspace Emissary, but his Mario Strikers self is probably the most memorable appearence the character has ever made. Waluigi was his usual self. He was the despicable cheater with a mean streak and a desire to beat everyone. However, since the game was, in itself, a more mature one than the others, Waluigi could really let himself go. He was openly rude and offensive, showed an" i´m an a-hole and you know it" attitude in his victory poses and celebrated his victories by smashing an eletric soccerball in the face on a member of the opposite team and crotch-chopping later. This outlandish personality clashed heavily with his previous "everyone cheating but me". That personality didn´t stick for the following games. This was actually discussed with the developers of the game during an interview

The conversation is more side-to-side rather than top down. I’m just thinking about Waluigi’s crotch chop. Does Nintendo look at that say, “What’s that doing there?” Or is a cultural thing and its not really something that’s completely understood? It’s in the first game, it’s in the second game…

"Ken Yeeloy ( Producer): We definitely added to it in the second game – the team crotch chop, the fake out crotch chop where he looks like he’s going to do it then gives the finger wave to the camera."

"Mike Inglehart (Game Designer) : When they came to work with us going back to the first game, what they were looking for was a North American developer to do something different with the Mario IP (intellectual property). Back then a lot of discussion that we had was that Nintendo was given an unfair stereotype that their products were aimed at kids. What they were looking to do was, “Lets change it a little bit and lets show people that anyone can have fun with this – it’s not just for four and five-year olds.” So, I think the Waluigi example is maybe extreme, but in terms of that character personality it really lends itself well and when people see that goal celebration it doesn’t seem out of the ordinary for Waluigi. When we got together at the beginning that was part of the mandate – to take the Mario IP and lets do something that people wouldn’t expect to see; give it more emotion, give it more depth."

"Ken Yeeloy: And that’s a good example of that North American feel they were looking for, Nintendo never would have come up with that on their own if they were building that game."

"Mike Inglehart: There were a few discussions on it."

"Ken Yeeloy: It wasn’t an easy, breezy thing to get through but it did get through and we didn’t push too far but I think it actually gives the game that little bit more flavor. You know it wasn’t a Japanese developer."

When the games change, the characters change. When Mario Strikers came out, we were able to see a different side of Waluigi. When SSB came out, we were able to see a different Wario. But it doesn´t mean that these personalities ( Wario´s evil sociopathy in SSE, Waluigi´s violent a-hole in MSC ) never existed. They just never had a chance to be demonstrated properly

Yes, Waluigi would be more brutal in a more adult themed series, but so would Bowser/Wario/etc. Think of the “There will be Brawl” interpretation of Wario, as an example. I don’t think Waluigi’s level of “evil” is higher than Wario’s, given how they seem like two peas in a pod in the various Camelot intros for sports games (Most notably Gamecube Tennis). If anything, Waluigi is less evil than Wario, as Waluigi can’t be as motivated to do anything by raw greed like him. Maybe a thief, but that’s about as far as I see him going.
This actually raises 2 very good questions: What motivates Waluigi ? What evil thing has he ever done ?
The first question has 3 answers and those answers are 3 of the seven sins: Wrath, Lust and Envy.

Lust: This trait , while weaker than the others, is more centered on his crush for Daisy and his lust for victory. This motivation is a pillar that supports the Wrath and Envy. Waluigi´s lust for victory and approval is what drove him to show up in the Mario tennis tournament. He wanted ( and still wants ) to be popular in the Mushroom Kingdom. That´s one of the reasons why he does what he does. Altough, if we are talking in the sexual sense, there´s Daisy. Waluigi has a crush on Princess Daisy, as stated in several instruction guides. Contrary to popular opinion, this is not the primary reason why he hates Luigi. It´s one of the reasons why he hates Luigi. His lust for the approval of the princess and the public drives him to work as hard as he can. His failures lead to the next motivation.

Envy: This is no brainer. Alongside the absurdism, the defining trait of Waluigi is his self-pity. Why does he accuse everyone of cheating ? It´s a way of trying to diminish the other characters´s victories while he repeteadly blames himself for his failures. He envies the cast ( altough he will never admit it. his bios and actions speak for themselves ), especially the Mario bros. He believes that, until he defeats the Mario bros, he will continue to fail in his life. He would do anything, absolutely anything to be in the top. And that brings us to the next and final motivation.

Wrath: Most villains of the Mario series are quick to irritate and have a harsh temper, but Waluigi pushes it to an entirely new level. In my opinion ,he may be the angriest and most spiteful character in the Mario series. Scored a single point ? He throws a tantrum, calls you a cheater and promises revenge. You beat him ? He´ll try hard to get back at you. Are you Luigi, a.k.a the guy who, supposedly, makes him unable to succeed in anything ? He´ll stalk you until he knows your weaknesses and trains really hard solely to defeat you. This level of obsession and anger with things sterns from the tragedies and adversities that Waluigi faces constantly.

And here ends the cycle of Waluigi´s emotions and motivations. His lust causes him to want and try, his envy blinds him to reason, and his wrath takes him back to the beginning. This is what motivates Waluigi. While Wario is motivated by greed and doesn´t do much beyond cheating at sports game and screwing his employees, Waluigi´s life basically consists of working as hard as he can to defeat the brothers and prove himself to the world. He is motivated by his lust to be adored, his envy of those who defeat him and his anger for the world that pokes fun of him

2: What evil thing has he done ? So far, nothing worse than the things Wario has done.
We can´t compare the two tricksters´s deeds to the actions of Bowser, King Boo and etc, so i will compare one´s actions with the other. Since these two have the most actions when together, i will count their individual "bad" actions. By defining "good" or "bad", i mean how these actions affect other people. For instance, Wario stole a treasure from an underground cave and had his revenge on the Amazon mask tribe(Virtual Boy Wario Land ). However, this hasn´t been a bad thing for anyone except the demonic tribe, and no one suffered from this. Waluigi continuously stalks Luigi. So far, this had no effect in Luigi´s life ( i´m not sure he even acknoledges it ), so i doesn´t count.

Wario has: taken over Mario´s kingdom and enslaved his population, turned the creatures of a forest into monsters and attempted to take over the Mushroom Kingdom, raided Bomberman´s planet, stole Dr.Mario´s megavitamins, tried to steal the profits from his employees, stole two consoles from someone in a WarioWare game, worked alongside the subspace army and turned Peach/Zelda and Ness into trophies, went on a trophy hunt even though he didn´t need to and attacked plenty of characters when they were unaware of his presence or uncapable of defending themselves. 12 on the bad side

However, he has: stole a statue back from Syrup( who stole it from the MK) and intended to sell it to the MU ( he was pretty much homeless at the time ), goes out of his way to rescue his pet chicken, saves the residents of the music box world, saved Princess Shokora and broke the Golden Diva´s curse, destroyed the Black Jewel, helps Starfy complete a level in her game, defeats Terrormisu andsaves the Shake Dimension ( despite caring only for their treasure ). Almost all of these actions were motivated by greed, but the fact that those actions help someone are enough to count them. 9 on the good side

In general, i would say Wario is a bad guy, who does the right things for the wrong reasons

Waluigi´s bad actions: tried to keep the star stamps for himself, kicked Luigi out of his own island, installed explosives througth that entire island in order to challenge the players, trapped Mario in a room full of falling hammers, set-up an extremely destructive bomb for Mario to defuse, broke the protecting spell in truffle towers, attempted to conquer the world through mind control and stole a treasure from Wario ( altough that may not necessarily be a bad thing ). 8 actions

Good actions:...............defeated Bowser in Mario Party 3 in order to be able to steal the show. 1.

In general, i wouldn´t say that the fact Waluigi hasn´t done as many evil things as Wario makes him any less bad. Wario seems to have morals. He seems to be willing to do nice things as long as he gets his treasure. Waluigi cares only for himself and the humiliation of others, but so far he has sucked at being a villain, altough that doesn´t make him any less evil

Comparing Waluigi to characters like Walter White and the Joker is very ridiculous. Given he’s mostly in sports games, the earlier comparison I made to Dick Dastardly is best – he’ll do his best to cheat and get ahead, but it’s not like he’s going to just spontaneously murder his opponents. A darker Waluigi like what you’re suggesting also loses a lot of the more humorous likable aspects of the character.
Comparing Waluigi to the Joker, Hannibal and Jeff the Killer was a massive overstatement and a mistake of my part. The reason why i chose the Joker was because of the similar narcisism, lack of care for others, resentment at the world and the passion for chaos. Waluigi claims to wish to flood the world with chaos in DDR: Mario Mix, and the Joker is a well known agent of chaos. But the Joker´s actions are far too terrific and selfless.Those 3 characters are pure evil. They have no characteristics that enable us to feel sorry for them. They are incapable of having any feelings for anyone

However, i still stand by my Walter White comparison. While Walter White isn´t any less terrible than the examples above ( he is one of television´s most monstrous characters and it shows ), the reason why i stand by this comparison is because, like Waluigi, Walter has an uncanny ability to blame all of his issues on other people. Everything bad that happens to these both are others to blame. They resent the world due to not giving them what they want. Waluigi blames the mushroom people and the Mario bros, especially Luigi, for making his life unhappy and his goals unachieved. Walter blames Gretchen and Elliot for his unrecognized genius and his family for his mediocre life. These two are insecure cowards who do bad things because of their frustration on the world and because they feel like it. The major difference is that Waluigi does bad things because he doesn ´t feel like he can do otherwise. He plays the image of an bad guy, but he is, deep down, a small and insecure man who wants approval. Walter does bad things because he is an awful person who insists to himself ( and others ) that he is a good guy ( at least until the end of the series ).

And, finally, i don´t think a dark Waluigi would lose the comedic aspects he has. Look at Mario Strikers. Waluigi can make us laugh while not being as pathetic as usual. In general, i think we would laugh less at his failures and laugh more at his comedic being.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The point about the Deadly Sins.....I can't help but feel one of my GameFaqs posts about the duo inspired that point.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
The point about the Deadly Sins.....I can't help but feel one of my GameFaqs posts about the duo inspired that point.
It was you ????
This is such a small world afterall

Anyway, yes, i read that post on GameFaqs, i found it brilliant and i saw how good it would be to apply it to my reply. I was having a hard time trying to express what drives Waluigi, and it helped me get my point across. At first i thougth about including Greed and Pride instead of Envy and Lust, but i decided he wasn´t that keen on either of these characteristics

Smady

Smash Master
Waa, your crazy over-analysis of Waluigi brings a tear to my eye. What an imagination. Although I think it's all a bit much, I think what is great about Waluigi is how he's a straight-forward loser. Luigi is the underdog you root for, Waluigi you root against. He's a hate-filled and bitter villain who dedicates his time to showing up in racing or sports games. That simple archetype leaves him open to interpretation, sure, but filling in those blanks definitively I don't know. I think that's up to every fan who wants to expand on the character.

For example in the fan game Psycho Waluigi, he accepts a blatantly evil power to take over a kingdom, dethroning the monarchs in a antithetical way to how the Mario Bros. save the kings in Mario 3. Sakurai in Smash would leave the character ambiguous so that scenarios like that work, the more open the character is the better an avatar he is for players of all stripes.

If you want to analyse why the character is popular (or unpopular) it is because of players who want to be represented by Waluigi when they play the Mario spin-off games. Not to say they're hate-filled and bitter, but generally Waluigi fans tend to favour the characters that get a bit of flack, yet have a great personality. He's easily overlooked, and under-appreciated in the view of his fans. To get behind a character like that I think is what's really interesting about Waluigi.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
So, does anyone have pictures of people crying? I'm starting a collection, to compare them to myself.
R.I.P. Waluigi, 2001-2014 "You tried hard but it wasn't enough."
I hope Falcon is good again at least.

Smady

Smash Master
Falcon is fine, don't worry. He's one of my mains so I'd be worried if there was any doubt. Waluigi's hot competition from other Mario reps is basically the opposite for Falcon, who has one or two other characters in his series that could be in at all. He's not going anywhere, or the entire F-Zero series goes unrepresented as well.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Wow

Brushing the crazy Waluigi over-analysis aside, i remembered an old Brawl In The Family comic that dealed with the current topic...
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Smady

Smash Master
I meant no offence Waa, if you thought that. You have a truly creative mind.

While we're posting art, how about one of my favorites. You know it brings to light one element of Mario sets I think Waluigi can generally do without pretty handily, the increase of limbs to extenuate the space a foe can dodge. Most prominently seen in Mario's forward aerial, Waluigi's good height and long limbs mean he doesn't need that and can work on long reach to make up for it.

Smady

Smash Master
You're not alone, @ Z1GMA Z1GMA

Though Waluigi is at least an assist trophy. There are thousands of hardcore fans who would love to see their character represented at all in Smash, but they're too obscure to get a mention. I count it as a blessing we get even what we do for Waluigi, it's better than nothing. There's always next game for a playable slot.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
You're not alone, @ Z1GMA Z1GMA

Though Waluigi is at least an assist trophy. There are thousands of hardcore fans who would love to see their character represented at all in Smash, but they're too obscure to get a mention. I count it as a blessing we get even what we do for Waluigi, it's better than nothing. There's always next game for a playable slot.
I guess you're right :(

D

Deleted member

Waluigi may not be joining the Wii U/3DS game, but we can always have Waluigi Time and wait for this to be released for our Project: M (and the vanilla Brawl version).
Sure, we'd have to sacrifice Pit, but who cares about that ***** angel anyway? :troll:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Waluigi may not be joining the Wii U/3DS game, but we can always have Waluigi Time and wait for this to be released for our Project: M (and the vanilla Brawl version).
Sure, we'd have to sacrifice Pit, but who cares about that ***** angel anyway? :troll:
I don't see why Pit has to go to play as Waluigi. I mean, they added Mewtwo, Roy, and seperated all transformations and have to cut anyone.

Ah well, at least this opens up a whole new opportunities for NPCs to become playable. Do you know what this means for me?
Sandbag for Project M!

D

Deleted member

I don't see why Pit has to go to play as Waluigi. I mean, they added Mewtwo, Roy, and seperated all transformations and have to cut anyone.

Ah well, at least this opens up a whole new opportunities for NPCs to become playable. Do you know what this means for me?
Sandbag for Project M!
.....Because this is someone else's mod, not from the P:M team.

....duh.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
My favorite title for a waluigi game comes from Nintendo Power back when Waluigi first appeared: "Waluigi's Repo Depot"

To be fair, Waluigi and Wario could easily inherit Mario and Luigi's old Blast Corps. franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom