• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smady

Smash Master

Waluigi may not be joining the Wii U/3DS game, but we can always have Waluigi Time and wait for this to be released for our Project: M (and the vanilla Brawl version).
Sure, we'd have to sacrifice Pit, but who cares about that ***** angel anyway? :troll:
They captured the essence of Waluigi really well in this moveset.

He's odd, full of awkward movements and has lanky air moves. The kind who makes you look twice to make sure what you saw was accurate. It's disheartening that Sakurai didn't find this just amusing enough to be worth a slot as even a joke, over Wii Fit Trainer. It would not be hard to add in Waluigi's model from another game and add a few awkward melee moves here or there, maybe a tennis racket prop, but then Waluigi has been rejected from any mainline Mario game and WFT represents a million seller, I suppose. Oh well, always next game, until then we can always play with items on, just the way Waluigi would have wanted it.

Hopefully the extra wait for Waluigi does mean instead of a generic melee set that is random and weird, we get a full-on sports inspired one that takes aspects from all his spin-off appearances. I would feel entirely vindicated in him missing out on Smash 4 if that's the case.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hopefully the extra wait for Waluigi does mean instead of a generic melee set that is random and weird, we get a full-on sports inspired one that takes aspects from all his spin-off appearances. I would feel entirely vindicated in him missing out on Smash 4 if that's the case.
Other than the random Tekken moves in his Down Special (which were added to "celebrate" Bamco co-developing Smash 4), the moveset is fine as it is.
Almost every move is inspired by something and it doesn't resort to using random sports equipment that isn't unique to Waluigi.

On another note, MOAR WAA COMIX:
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2014/04/01/555-waluigi-finaluigi/

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
26 Grimace Lane, Mushroom Kingdom, IMG EEK
oh got not again...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

WAHAHA ! WALUIGI IS GLAD TO ANNOUNCE THE RETURN OF THE AMAZING WALUIGI COMICS. THERE ARE MORE TO COME FOR SURE. READ THE COMICS NOW.
WAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Phew, i really should control my Waluigi moments. They aren´t that often guys. Except on April Fools.

As soon as i was coming close to return home from school, i thought" Wait ! It´s April Fools! The Official Waluigi Day !" I hope there are Waluigi in the family comics " And i wasn´t dissapointed.

And yes, April Fools is Waluigi Day. While every time is Waluigi time, April Fools is an entire time of full of Waluigi TIME WAA !

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

.....he'll be back.

Waluigi Time is only over until someone releases him from the AT capsule....

.....and the one who'd be willing to do it is still out there.

Smady

Smash Master

There's always the chance that Waluigi sneaks in as another rep,

Although at this point, pretty sure the closest we're getting is seriously another purple Luigi palette.

I'm actually kind of worried that the Mii's going to steal a lot of Waluigi's moveset potential if it gets in, as it would naturally use up all the sports moves and other random props that'd normally be part of Waluigi.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That BitF comic is actually kind of depressing because it makes me think of the other assist trophies. What did they do wrong to get sealed up? I'm sure that's not what Matt intended but now I'm going to feel bad whenever someone is confirmed as one.

D

Deleted member

There's always the chance that Waluigi sneaks in as another rep,

Although at this point, pretty sure the closest we're getting is seriously another purple Luigi palette.

I'm actually kind of worried that the Mii's going to steal a lot of Waluigi's moveset potential if it gets in, as it would naturally use up all the sports moves and other random props that'd normally be part of Waluigi.
There's more to both Miis and Waluigi than sports props.

So even if Miis use nothing but sports props, it wouldn't take away from Waluigi's full potential; his abilities. I.e. Purple thorns, teleporting in puffs of purple smoke, swimming in midair, energy blasts with his symbol, etc. as well as weapons such as the Whiskered Eggplant (which can cause poison/sickness), his special wrench in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, and the Whisker Missile from Arcade GP 2 and Arcade GP DX.

That BitF comic is actually kind of depressing because it makes me think of the other assist trophies. What did they do wrong to get sealed up? I'm sure that's not what Matt intended but now I'm going to feel bad whenever someone is confirmed as one.
Conversely, Little Mac was made free; wonder how that happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smady

Smash Master
There's more to both Miis and Waluigi than sports props.

So even if Miis use nothing but sports props, it wouldn't take away from Waluigi's full potential; his abilities. I.e. Purple thorns, teleporting in puffs of purple smoke, swimming in midair, energy blasts with his symbol, etc. as well as weapons such as the Whiskered Eggplant (which can cause poison/sickness), his special wrench in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, and the Whisker Missile from Arcade GP 2 and Arcade GP DX.
I disagree that realistically, teleporting, purple thorns, energy blasts and items are ever going to be used for Waluigi. It's too random for even Waluigi, and doesn't lend itself to a Mario Bros style set. Look at Wario, even he retains elements of a Mario Bros set, most obviously in his back throw and other melee attacks.

Waluigi needs the tennis racket that is practically his symbol in Smash Bros to work. If the Mii takes all the sports equipment away, it will make it a bit of a Balloon Fighter situation, where to make an original Waluigi set, you have to concede much of the character's potential is already taken by another character.

Not to be such a downer. Mii may not do that and Waluigi won't be killed forever by it either, but it would definitely not be good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I disagree that realistically, teleporting, purple thorns, energy blasts and items are ever going to be used for Waluigi. It's too random for even Waluigi, and doesn't lend itself to a Mario Bros style set. Look at Wario, even he retains elements of a Mario Bros set, most obviously in his back throw and other melee attacks.

Waluigi needs the tennis racket that is practically his symbol in Smash Bros to work. If the Mii takes all the sports equipment away, it will make it a bit of a Balloon Fighter situation, where to make an original Waluigi set, you have to concede much of the character's potential is already taken by another character.

Not to be such a downer. Mii may not do that and Waluigi won't be killed forever by it either, but it would definitely not be good.
The only move Wario has remotely close to the Mario Bros. is his forward throw, which comes from the Wild-Swing Ding from Wario World.
His back throw is him punting the opponent with his ass.

Smady

Smash Master
The only move Wario has remotely close to the Mario Bros. is his forward throw, which comes from the Wild-Swing Ding from Wario World.
His back throw is him punting the opponent with his ***.
Oh yeah, I got mixed up and you're right it is forward throw. I still feel that the themes of Wario's set closely relate to Mario and Luigi at times - specials aside, it's entirely melee and strictly a brawling fighting style. It would therefore be weird for Waluigi to start summoning vines, puffs of smoke and so on, I don't see how that would fit on specials, let alone any other moves.

For specials, the set I made had a bike from Mario Kart (to reference Wario's bike), a blue shell for up special, a "Loser's Aura" inspired by Mario Tennis to reference Wario and Waluigi personality, then lastly a Bob-Omb move. The rest of the moveset had plenty of sports equipment, but it was for attacks. That's still pretty wacky and I put in plenty of melee too, because there is no way Waluigi would be totally estranged from the other 'plumbers' from Mario Bros in terms of playstyle. So it's a concern that if he doesn't have sports all to himself, he does get reduced to something like what we saw in the Project M video. It'd be great fun and I'd love to see Waluigi at all, but it's not unique in the slightest, just more of a wink to Waluigi fans. Realistically I doubt Sakurai would go for that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No offense, but what you're describing is very generic, arguably even more so than the Waluigi hack.
It also doesn't make sense to me; namely "Loser's Aura" and a Blue Shell being a recovery move.

Smady

Smash Master
You simply haven't read the set, and I don't expect that set to resemble an actual Smash Bros Waluigi. It's an example of how wacky I feel Waluigi can possibly get. It stops short of using the "Whisker Missile."

Just because what he does is simple doesn't mean it can't be very unique and original in Smash Bros. See: Little Mac.

Last edited:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
The implication that Waluigi should get in with random one-off stuff like vine and thorns is like saying that Peach and Bowser should've been built with their one-off trippy Mario RPG moves in-mind. It's spitting in the face of their potential to ignore the iconic stuff in favor of what is essentially a generic magic attack.

I really don't mind or care whether Waluigi uses mostly melee or mostly props, but I think it'd be awful if he used 100% of either. As long as the personality is there, I really don't mind - I just don't think the the energy blast crap really works in terms of personality.

D

Deleted member

.....hate to sound like a hypocrite, but what iconic things are there if you don't use Waluigi's special abilities? Abilities present with other abilities such as Wario's farting (Vines/thorns were to Waluigi what farts were to Wario in Strikers Charged).

All that'd be left are generic sports equipment that damn near any Mario character can use. At which point, why throw in Waluigi? You could have Daisy show up with the exact same style instead.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, i don't think the PSA moveset was generic or boring. I mean, it's hard to include in new effects, and it transmitted the essence of Waluigi pretty well.

When it comes to Smash Bros, each character needs a moveset that represents the character. Captain Falcon's moveset is flashy and manly, Luigi's moveset is awkwardly strong, and so on and so forth. Sometimes this works for clones . Let's say we have character X and character Y. Character X came first and character Y came later and took his moveset. This usually isn't much of a problem because character Y is usually similar enough to character X for both move sets to work. For instance, Falco could not have Luigi's moveset, in the same way that Mario could not have Fox's moveset. But Luigi's moveset can be similar to Mario's and Falco can have similar moves to Fox, because their movesets are fitting for the character and, despite having similar attacks, usually have enough tweaks to play in entirely different ways. Even characters with no resemblance such as Falcon and Ganon can have similar attacks but play in entirely different ways.

Waluigi is a different case. While it would be random if Peach and Bowser turned up using one-shot powers such as Bowser's rock summon move, we have to remember that Waluigi's powers are always changing. Purple vines, water creation, illusion creating, etc. All of these powers came right the **** out of nowhere ( like Waluigi) and they never stuck for more than one game. Maybe two or three, but that's it. For instance, Mario commonly uses fireballs or power-ups, Luigi's uses the Poltergust or variations of Mario's abilities, Peach will use hearts, Wario will fart or pull bombs and so on and so forth. Each character has abilities that originate from their own series, characteristics or even relations to other characters. Since Waluigi has no main games where he appears and his characteristics are random and crazy, Waluigi's powers and skills come out of the blue, so there isn't really an iconic ability for him to use.

In order to create a Waluigi moveset, we would have to use either sports skills or his random powers. Sports gear and moves are very generic since anyone could use them. Peach herself uses a racket and a golf club in her F-smash. If Smash Bros were to include Daisy, she would use either variations of Peach's moves or pull out sports gear, since Daisy has no powers or abilities beyond using Peach's heart moves with a flower aesthetic and that random crystal power in Strikers. If Waluigi were to ride a kart or a bike for the sake of replicating Wario's bike attack while referencing a sports move, it would have been awful in a lot of ways. I'm not saying Waluigi should not use sports or party gear. I believe that, if Waluigi were to use them, the moves that include them should have a characteristic of Waluigi. In my Waluigi moveset, I have included several sports moves. Some were pretty awful, such as the Gold Mantis f-smash. However, for the sake of this paragraph, take the f-smash where Waluigi uses his bat. It includes a Mario sports reference, but it includes characteristics of Waluigi and one of his own traits ( the more he charged, the weaker it got, but the reverse happened when sweetspotted), which makes this move singular to Waluigi. In my opinion, if Waluigi were to use sports gear, he should use iconic things he himself has, such as his purple tennis racket, his specialized bat, the Doctor Octopus-sequence machine in Mario Sports Mix, and etc.

As I have described above, Waluigi is different from the other characters in terms of powers and abilities because his are never consistent. I believe that his most iconic powers, such as air-swimming ( his most famous), tornado spins and vine creation, are definitive inclusion, while others such as the energy blasts, the teleports and illusion creating, should be taken with a grain of salt. I would prefer a moveset with these powers instead of a sports moveset. But it doesn't mean it's the best option.

I my opinion, if Waluigi were to get into Smash Bros, he should use a moveset that consisted of 4 things: his penchant for **** Dastardly tricks and machines ( sports gear), absurd powers and abilities (the special moves he uses) and things or attacks only Waluigi himself would do. And finally, he would need the same treatment that Falcon, R.O.B and Luigi got: obtain new powers that seemed like they always existed and were fitting with his play style and nature. That has happened to many characters before, and it definitively should happen to Waluigi if we were to transport the purple pest into Smash Bros. The PSA focused on attacks with his personality, SmashDaddy's MYM moveset focused on the sports gear and Golden's moveset focused on the special moves. My moveset sloppily attempted to include all 3 factors and it didn't work out as well as it could. Let's hope Nintendo takes these factors into consideration.

As a side-note, I will be incapable of making long ass posts like this one so oftenly, due to personal affairs. However, I will be soon posting my second Waluigi moveset, as a very very late April Fools joke. This moveset is inspired by the characters's memes, abilities he could use and things we discussed in this very thread.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess with BitF Waluigi, he was just way too chaotic to not have on a leash. At least Waluigi doesn't actually behave like that anywhere else.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
I guess with BitF Waluigi, he was just way too chaotic to not have on a leash.

WAA! NO ONE TAMES WALUIGI ! HE WAS BORN TO BE WAAILD.

At least Waluigi doesn't actually behave like that anywhere else.

You know what, I actually think he does, altough not to that extent (then again, we haven't had a chance to see much of Waluigi). Many people say Bitf Waluigi doesn't behave like normal Waluigi. However, both:
  1. Have unhealthy obsessions with Luigi, to the point of stalking
  2. Engage in strange activities without explanation
  3. Are prone to speak in third person and WAA-person
  4. Are anti-social characters who no one wants around
  5. Are surprisingly strong once they've put their mind into it (Waluigi beat Bowser, Witf Waluigi scared the CD-i spirits)
  6. Speak senseless nonsense with illogical logic
  7. Are very fond of purple
  8. Are prone to steal the show for themselves whenever they have the chance
  9. Love causing as much chaos as possible, even if it's just a petty act of malice
  10. Are lonely, troubled characters who just wish to be loved.
  11. Have bad dietary habits
  12. WAA
I think that, if Nintendo were to include Waluigi in more appearences and flesh him out a bit more, he would be very similar to WitF Waluigi.

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master

One of the best parts of the direct for me: Sakurai is a clear Waluigi fan. Fingers crossed for Smash 5.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
woawoawoawoawoawoawoawoawoa

Waluigi... as a WARIO character ?

This.... is definitively something worth noticing. This could be something as little as a "lol who cares" from Nintendo

or

Waluigi is officially acknowledged as a Wario character despite not showing up in the Wario games.

I hope it´s the second one.

Also, Waluigi is stomping on Pit, the same character he is replacing in the PSA hack for Brawl. I guess Waluigi has another nemesis on his list.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It was a longshot, but I was right.

....shame it wasn't about him being playable as a "Wario" character, but still.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Put on your tinfoil hats, it's time for a crazy conspiracy theory.

Sakurai said that Assist Trophies will factor into All Star mode. All Star mode is more or less 'The Arena' from Kirby Superstar, just with a Smash Bros. twist. Kirby Superstar allowed you take a helper with you in order to lighten the load. Given the massive amount of characters All Star mode will have this time around, could it be possible that you can choose an Assist Trophy to aid you during battle? Does that mean that you could make All Star mode Waluigi time?

Last edited:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
If the Wario icon counts for anything, the "Waluigi won't get a Mario character slot" ideology won't exist come next Smash.

Smady

Smash Master
Put on your tinfoil hats, it's time for a crazy conspiracy theory.

Sakurai said that Assist Trophies will factor into All Star mode. All Star mode is more or less 'The Arena' from Kirby Superstar, just with a Smash Bros. twist. Kirby Superstar allowed you take a helper with you in order to lighten the load. Given the massive amount of characters All Star mode will have this time around, could it be possible that you can choose an Assist Trophy to aid you during battle? Does that mean that you could make All Star mode Waluigi time?
I kind of doubt this would happen, but it's certainly possible.

A Wario/Waluigi team would be really cool.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
A Wario/Waluigi team would be really cool.
Speaking of Wario, it feels kinda strange to me that he is taking so long to be confirmed. I mean, we know he will be back. After all, Game & Wario was released just recently, and the character was a long desired one ever since the Melee days. But it´s strange that he is taking so long to be confirmed. Even Ashley showed up first in the pictures.

Maybe Wario is having the same treatment Yoshi got. Sakurai held Yoshi´s reveal because he wanted to better showcase the new posture and buffs of the character (altough he could have done it sooner and avoided all the whining fans). Maybe Wario is taking so long because they could be doing some changes to his character, such as a greater resemblance to Wario Land´s playstyle.

Smady

Smash Master
Speaking of Wario, it feels kinda strange to me that he is taking so long to be confirmed. I mean, we know he will be back. After all, Game & Wario was released just recently, and the character was a long desired one ever since the Melee days. But it´s strange that he is taking so long to be confirmed. Even Ashley showed up first in the pictures.

Maybe Wario is having the same treatment Yoshi got. Sakurai held Yoshi´s reveal because he wanted to better showcase the new posture and buffs of the character (altough he could have done it sooner and avoided all the whining fans). Maybe Wario is taking so long because they could be doing some changes to his character, such as a greater resemblance to Wario Land´s playstyle.
He was probably just on the cusp of being revealed, but Sheik/ZSS took the spotlight because they needed an explanation about removing transformations. That and Yoshi was even more of a shoo-in for a reveal, considering he's one of the original 12. After four veterans and one newcomer, there isn't a whole lot of space. On the other hand, the more he's put off the more hopeful I am they get rid of his awful up and down special, as well as moving around his shoulder barge and making him less of a spastic on moves like down smash

D

Deleted member

So sexy.

Between this and the Shadow PSA being made for P:M as well, it saddens me I have to replace Pit and Sonic just to add two of my favs in.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
I got back on the internet recently, and i´ve heard that Mario Golf World Tour was launched recently.
And i have found these beauties...

( oh god they brought the sWAg rose back)
( STOP. WALUIGI TIME)
Peach is no longer a terrible artist

( and they say this guy doesnt have a personality)

We haven´t seen such Waluigi greatness since the days of Strikers.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I got back on the internet recently, and i´ve heard that Mario Golf World Tour was launched recently.
And i have found these beauties...

( oh god they brought the sWAg rose back)
( STOP. WALUIGI TIME)
Peach is no longer a terrible artist

( and they say this guy doesnt have a personality)

We haven´t seen such Waluigi greatness since the days of Strikers.
You have a couple of broken images for me. 1, 3, 6, and 8.

D

Deleted member

Don't know why Waluigi needed the Music Keys; he can already take over the world with his superior dancing skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom