• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleverprofilename

Smash Rookie
I'm quite hyped about the idea of Nintendo's number Waa-n cheater getting in to brawls chaos.

I was actually thinking about it and, this might be a bit off of an idea, but I kinda feel that Walugi would make an amusing RPG character.

:phone:

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Would love to see Waluigi even as a hilarious joke character, provided he isn't terribu.

grizby2

Smash Lord
what are you talking about? all this "joke" character business... waluigi is more realistic than snake. (even on mondays)...

but really, he'd have the same feel as wario IMO. kind of a joke, but serious about what he does....winning:awesome:

D

Deleted member

...yes it is.
Sakurai deliberately made him bad, thus he's a Joke Character. Joke Characters are characters that are just bad by deliberate design.
This is where characters like Pichu and Dan Hibiki (pre-IV, though he occasionally went into Lethal Joke Character territory)

What you're thinking about is a Fighting Clown, a character that is rather silly compared to other fighters, but is just as capable.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FightingClown
Waluigi would fit that trope to a tee. Like Wario does.

D

Deleted member

Did he deliberately make Pichu bad? I thought he was underpowered, not a full-on joke.

D

Deleted member

Pichu was deliberately designed as a weak character. Sakurai says so on Pichu's page on the Melee Dojo (even going as far as to say Jigglypuff was designed as the weak character in the previous title).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pichu hurts himself when he attacks. How in the world could that simply be underpowered?

D

Deleted member

I don't know if I'd call that a joke character though, it's just that he had to be notably weaker than Pikachu.

D

Deleted member

Sorry, but I'm not going to accept a TV Tropes page as proof. Weak on purpose, is not weak in comparison to another character, it's arguable.

Waluigi certainly won't be weak or a joke character. Like Game & Watch isn't a joke character.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Is one of the reasons why the WAA would be a joke character is because of his appearance and character? If so then I disagree. But I agree that he would be a fighting clown.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
@ Lugu: If anything, he'll just be one of those zany trump characters; not a joke character

Now can we stop arguing over the semantics over what is a joke character? And back to WAAA?

D

Deleted member

How do you guys reckon they'd handle the sports influence? I'd hope we would get standards or smashes dedicated to the bat and racket.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Some examples of sports are already in Peach and Ness's f-smashes. Shouldn't be a problem.

D

Deleted member

Ness' bat references Earthbound and Waluigi's far more sports-relevant than Peach. Surely a whole input section should be dedicated to bats or rackets or gold clubs...?

D

Deleted member

No to bat.
The only sports weapon he should have is the racket, given that it represents the series he debuted in. And it should be to him what the Master Sword is to Link.

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the double post, but it seems that slowly and slowly, Waluigi being in Dark Moon is seeming to be just a pipe dream.
It's already confirmed that multiplayer has 4 Luigi clones, so he's not there.
It's been revealed that King Boo was the one who shattered the Dark Moon, so that can't be Waluigi's doing.

So unless Waluigi has some sort of secret role we don't know about yet (like possibly pulling a Hades), I'm starting to lose hope.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Waluigi's heyday was the Gamecube era. He was quite a new face at that time.

Since then, however,
Nintendo has left him to rot in the spinoffs. Despite his closeness to Wario, he hasn't appeared in a single WarioWare game yet. He was (oddly) cut from Mario Kart 7. I'm worried what will become of him.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Sorry for the double post, but it seems that slowly and slowly, Waluigi being in Dark Moon is seeming to be just a pipe dream.
It's already confirmed that multiplayer has 4 Luigi clones, so he's not there.
It's been revealed that King Boo was the one who shattered the Dark Moon, so that can't be Waluigi's doing.

So unless Waluigi has some sort of secret role we don't know about yet (like possibly pulling a Hades), I'm starting to lose hope.
That's not too surprising. I don't think it affects his chances though.

D

Deleted member

Oh no, I didn't mean it for his chances (though having a major appearance in Dark Moon would have probably shut up the "he's not important" people), but it's more or less a dissapointment to me, seeing as Nintendo missed a perfect opportunity to flesh out Waluigi and his intended creation as Luigi's rival. (Then again, there still is the fact that King Boo is out of his portrait; unless Nintendo decides it doesn't matter how he got out, I suppose Waluigi releasing him to raise hell for Luigi could still work in there.)

And if not Dark Moon, there's also Dream Team, as it takes place within Luigi's subconsious. Bounds are Waluigi would make an appearance in that too.
Even if not those, it is the Year of Luigi, which means as long as the year goes by, there could still be SOMETHING in regards to Luigi's lanky purple nemesis.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
And if not Dark Moon, there's also Dream Team, as it takes place within Luigi's subconsious. Bounds are Waluigi would make an appearance in that too.
Even if not those, it is the Year of Luigi, which means as long as the year goes by, there could still be SOMETHING in regards to Luigi's lanky purple nemesis.
I sure hope so.
I'd also be pretty dissapointed if neither Wario or Waluigi made an appearance or cameo or whatever in Dream Team.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Remember that one time purple green mario used some brambles and it was kind of cool well he should have a whole moveset of that because thats what people think of when they see Waluigi right.

CROTCH CHOP LOL XDDDD!!!! <33

D

Deleted member

Remember that one time purple green mario used some brambles and it was kind of cool well he should have a whole moveset of that because thats what people think of when they see Waluigi right.

CROTCH CHOP LOL XDDDD!!!! <33
Remember that one time pink limbless mega man did standup comedy and it was kind of cool well he should have a whole moveset of that because thats what people think of when they see Sukapon right.

TONDEKER LOL XDDDD!!!! <33

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You pulled the ol'...

Switcheroo on me.

And when I haven't had any sleep too. You're good.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Waluigi is probably the best character that could be added for the next Smash.
Pbbththth...

Silly Oasis. Don't you know that's Baby Daisy!

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I support Waluigi 100%. Mario needs more Reps. Yes, I said it. So far, Mario has 4 Reps to Zelda's 5 and Pokemon's 6. The Mario series needs to reassert itself as the highest selling Video Game franchise of all time.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I support Waluigi 100%. Mario needs more Reps. Yes, I said it. So far, Mario has 4 Reps to Zelda's 5 and Pokemon's 6. The Mario series needs to reassert itself as the highest selling Video Game franchise of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom