• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A bike simply makes sense because Wario has one on his side special, Waluigi having the same would mean that he has moveset symmetry with his brother.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A bike simply makes sense because Wario has one on his side special, Waluigi having the same would mean that he has moveset symmetry with his brother.
But Waluigi isn't Wario's brother.

And people would be crying clone....

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Forgot about this thread.
He'd have a strange move set that's for sure. I just don't know who to see as liklier. I mean, Waluigi was obviously considered. Because he was an AT. That means he will be again. But Bowser Jr. is the only Mario series staple that is important, and not present.

:phone:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Forgot about this thread.
He'd have a strange move set that's for sure. I just don't know who to see as liklier. I mean, Waluigi was obviously considered. Because he was an AT. That means he will be again. But Bowser Jr. is the only Mario series staple that is important, and not present.

You have a habit of wanting certain threads to die...

If Waluigi can't get into Brawl because he was an AT than what about Tingle?

TheCreator

Smash Lord
You have a habit of wanting certain threads to die...

If Waluigi can't get into Brawl because he was an AT than what about Tingle?
The only thread I ever wanted to die was the Wreck it Ralph one sir. And I said that Waluigi was MORE likely because he was an AT.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Waluigi hasn't appeared in any main series game, yet. His mainstay was spinoffs. Tingle has had the luxury of being the sold protagonist in a couple of games.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The only thread I ever wanted to die was the Wreck it Ralph one sir. And I said that Waluigi was MORE likely because he was an AT.

My apologies. When you said 'he will be again." I thought you meant will be an AT again.

And Tingle isn't a protagonist in Zelda. He's a side character. He is, however, a protagonist in his own games.

Either way, what would Waluigi's taunts be?

TheCreator

Smash Lord
These thread topics are starting to mesh :dizzy:
Oh god. Waluigis taunts would be amazing. I can't wait to taunt spam lol

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Is Waluigi only a Mario sports and party character?
Has he appeared in any other games?

D

Deleted member

Correction, he was the main antagonist of the game. He was not the final boss; that was Bowser, who showed up randomly out of nowhere after Mario found all the Music Keys, and stole them so he could.....cure his tone deafness.....wow.

Waluigi was actually the first boss of the game, but he, being the devilshly cunning cheater he is, didn't keep all of the Music Keys to himself because he KNEW Mario/Luigi would go after him. So he hid 3 of them and kept one.

Wondra

Smash Cadet
I think Waluigi has every right to be playable this time around.

In my mind, he (via his moveset) could help represent Mario's sports / party offshoots, since he remains ever present in those arenas.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I actually really support Wa; Jr. is a good choice too, but I feel like people hate on Wa for reasons they don't understand, and he could really add something comical to the roster.

D

Deleted member

Exactly. He just has this chaotic vibe that just "fits" the chaotic vibe of Smash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mariowiki says Waluigi runs a motor oil company. Could be one of his moves, like spilling oil and making others trip. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Problem with that is that it came from a guidebook for Mario Kart Wii.
Him having a motor oil company is rather dubious without an actual nod in the game.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Not as dubious as Yoshi being part dragon. The only reference to that besides in smash bros is that yoshi's character is based off of Tamagon from Devil World...according to wikipedia.

An oil based moveset wrought with potential trip causing moves fits Wa too well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Not as dubious as Yoshi being part dragon. The only reference to that besides in smash bros is that yoshi's character is based off of Tamagon from Devil World...according to wikipedia.
It's actually based on Yoshi's abilities in Super Mario World, when he swallows a flashing multicolored koopa shell.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Waluigi, I don't hate him. But he only appeared in most spinoff games; most notably Kart, Party, and Sports. Wario can bash (Wario Land), Luigi can vacuum ghosts (Luigi's Mansion), Mario is generally the main character of the series, no need for explanation. What can Waluigi do? Waluigi can party, play sports, and drive karts too. Mario, Luigi, and Wario can also party, play sports, and drive karts too. There's nothing unique enough about Waluigi to make it into the roster.

D

Deleted member

Waluigi can swim in air, teleport in purple puffs of smoke, create actual tornadoes by spinning (as opposed to just spinning LIKE a tornado like Mario/Luigi), create purple thorns to either act as a wall or a whip, etc.
He's a bundle of randomness as the games see fit. Meaning he has unlimited potential in Smash. I mean, Brawl has him stomp people into the ground; something he's never done in the Mario games thus far. As another testament to superior leg strength, he was even able to kick Bowser's *** in a fight, ending it with a strong kick to the face.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Waluigi can swim in air, teleport in purple puffs of smoke, create actual tornadoes by spinning (as opposed to just spinning LIKE a tornado like Mario/Luigi), create purple thorns to either act as a wall or a whip, etc.
He's a bundle of randomness as the games see fit. Meaning he has unlimited potential in Smash. I mean, Brawl has him stomp people into the ground; something he's never done in the Mario games thus far. As another testament to superior leg strength, he was even able to kick Bowser's *** in a fight, ending it with a strong kick to the face.
Another way to put it is that every nonsense idea is thrown at him because he's a trash bin of a character.

...I'm sorry, I'll leave.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Waluigi, I don't hate him. But he only appeared in most spinoff games; most notably Kart, Party, and Sports.
The way I see it, that's fine! Why *shouldnt* he rep those? His move set can be based on them, and why does he have to have anything else? The sports games are no less important to Nintendo history!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll have to admit, Waluigi kicking Bowser's *** like that was kinda cool. Also, was Mario Party 3 based on Paper Mario or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom