• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Waluigi is a rather chaotic individual, and Smash is a rather chaotic game. He just fits.

With the rate of random abilities the Mario games give him as the situation demands, it is also very possible that Waluigi would have new random abilities out his arse (not literally) to use that would still make sense (at least as much sense as Waluigi makes) if he was in Smash.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
My reasoning exactly. I love Mario & Pokemon, and thusly have the hardest time figuring out who should represent the series in Smash since I like so many characters. But your logic on Waluigi makes perfect sense, which is why he's my top choice for a Mario character

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if the Mario series got one more representative, Waluigi would be my first choice. Bowser Jr. and Toad are nice, but I feel Waluigi would have one crazy moveset in comparison.

If they found a way to get the Koopa Kids to work as one character I'd chose that. I just can't imagine that working, so Waluigi it is.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Waluigi needs the crotch chop as a taunt. Or a counter move, which he'll grab hold and baby toss you away.

:phone:

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if the Mario series got one more representative, Waluigi would be my first choice. Bowser Jr. and Toad are nice, but I feel Waluigi would have one crazy moveset in comparison.
Exactly. I really want to avoid clones, and I think they'd have to go way out their way to make Waluigi a clone character of anybody. Bowser Jr. I fear runs to great a risk of becoming a Young Link-esque clone of Bowser, and Shadow Mario (which I hope would be included) to similar to Mario. Toad, I'm just not as big a fan of.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi is a rather chaotic individual, and Smash is a rather chaotic game. He just fits. With the rate of random abilities the Mario games give him as the situation demands, it is also very possible that Waluigi would have new random abilities out his arse (not literally) to use that would still make sense (at least as much sense as Waluigi makes) if he was in Smash.
Agreed. Waluigi would be the perfect Wildcard character in Smash, considering people wouldn't know what he could do next (i.e. air swimming as a recovery) :troll:

Waluigi needs the crotch chop as a taunt. Or a counter move, which he'll grab hold and baby toss you away.

BEST TAUNT? OR BEST TAUNT? :awesome:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Agreed. Waluigi would be the perfect Wildcard character in Smash, considering people wouldn't know what he could do next (i.e. air swimming as a recovery) :troll:
My thought would be using a tennis racket as well as stomping from Brawl. His racket could even reflect projectiles, which would be a cool trick.

Maybe his final smash is him creating. Breaking the 4th wall. Seems like a Waluigi thing to do.

D

Deleted member

His Final Smash is attacking the opponent's damage meter directly. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No his Final Smash should be him shouting : WALUIGI NUMBAR ONE! And then he gets hit in the face by a Blue Shell. :smirk: Oh, and he dies afterwards.

That would, for me, be the only acceptable way of Waluigi being made playable.

D

Deleted member

Well then, the way I see it, Waluigi's Final Smash would be Impa appearing out of the darkest pits of Hell, all derpish as usual, then Waluigi grabs her and starts beating the other characters with her body as it gets torn up and she screams in pain.
At least until there is nothing left to beat the opponents with. :troll: And seeing how much of a twig Impa is in SS, that won't take long. :laugh:

But not before he crotch chops in her face. :smirk:

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Final smash: Waluigi comes out of the TV and actually attacks the players playing as the opponents :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't care about Impa anymore. :reverse:

Anyways. what better Final Smash suggestions? I personally like the Blue Shell.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Anyways. what better Final Smash suggestions? I personally like the Blue Shell.
summons some Phirana Plants in reference to Mario Part 3

vine control like demonstrated in Mario Strikers

a Bob-Omb attack for reference to the Mario Kart games

Create a tornado in reference to his abilities in Mario Power Tennis.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Up to THREE times I tried to create a thread. All with text about as long as you can imagine, all with made up movesets right from the scratch. Each one better than the other. Aka, much detail and work was done on it, and the server decided to be a ***** on me and now, I don't care anymore. :awesome:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I would suggest a final smash similar to the wall-luigi ability in mario strikers charged. The thorny walls trap the characters and push them off-stage, or better off-screen.

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
Even though Waluigi has only appeared in sports games and spin offs, the potential for his moveset is great. I think that a more creative moveset could be put together for Waluigi as opposed to those who have appeared in the main series games such as Bowser Jr. and Toad. (Even though I support Toad)

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
I love how all these people care about Waluigi but barely anybody cares about Luigi -.-

Waluigi: About 500 posts
Luigi: About 100 posts

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I love how all these people care about Waluigi but barely anybody cares about Luigi -.-

Waluigi: About 500 posts
Luigi: About 100 posts
Nobody posts in the veterans sections very much because most people assume that those characters will be back.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
B: bomb attack, Bup: A weird spinning drill attack that goes up drilling then drills down, Bover: his weird swim move he does in Mario tennis, Bdown: would be a goofy ballerina spin. Waluigi is the shadow of a shadow, he has such potential.

alien803

Smash Cadet
Waluigi does not need a sports-based moveset, though one tennis move would be fine as it is his origin. He has:
-plant powers (wall-luigi, vine whip, pirrhana plants)
-teleportation
-swimming in the air
-the whirl-luigi
-bob-ombs
-kicking people into the ground
-the vomit-inducing whiskered eggplant

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi does not need a sports-based moveset, though one tennis move would be fine as it is his origin. He has:
-plant powers (wall-luigi, vine whip, pirrhana plants)
-teleportation
-swimming in the air
-the whirl-luigi

-bob-ombs
-kicking people into the ground
-the vomit-inducing whiskered eggplant

But those ARE sports based moves

Waluigi pretty much needs every single aspect he's ever used/displayed in every Mario game; including some original ones. It will get boring real fast if all he ever did was throw bombs and took out piranha plants; hence why sports should be included among others

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I would actually hope he would have some sports-based moves. They are pretty important to his character. Not an all sports moveset, but some must be present

D

Deleted member

But those ARE sports based moves

Waluigi pretty much needs every single aspect he's ever used/displayed in every Mario game; including some original ones. It will get boring real fast if all he ever did was throw bombs and took out piranha plants; hence why sports should be included among others
He's talking not moves like "swing tennis rackets" or "swing golf clubs" or "throw dodgeballs", etc.

However, I disagree with the tennis racket. It represents his roots, and Brawl solidified it. I mean, why not use a tennis racket as a main weapon like Link uses a sword or Dedede uses a hammer? Is that not unique in it's own right?

And kicking people into the ground is not sports-based anyway. That came from Brawl.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
He's talking not moves like "swing tennis rackets" or "swing golf clubs" or "throw dodgeballs", etc.

However, I disagree with the tennis racket. It represents his roots, and Brawl solidified it. I mean, why not use a tennis racket as a main weapon like Link uses a sword or Dedede uses a hammer? Is that not unique in it's own right?
I actually kind of like that idea. Especially if that is how he is played, the tennis racket could even work like Mario's cape.

Say if a bob-omb is thrown at you, you can swat it back at them. That would be an awesome playstyle

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I never thought of the tennis racket like that, it puts a pretty unique spin on it. I'd still like to see it do damage, but that could be an interesting twist to the attack

D

Deleted member

Waluigi should "cheat".
As in, able to reflect things just by hitting with his tennis racket, having a tether recovery/grab (vines) as well as having great jumps, and good recovery (Whirluigi and Swimming Return), another method of recovery (Wall-Luigi acting as a platform underneath him in the air) and even an extra Special as a taunt (Sparky Sticker).

The only downside/way to make him not too cheap would be that Waluigi would be a lightweight (since he's so skinny and tall).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
having a tennis racket would be a nice touch to him, representing his first appearence in Mario Tennis.

and, @GoldenYuiitusin, your whole idea of cheating fits him well. I think he has very good potential to be a unique character in Smash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The only downside/way to make him not too cheap would be that Waluigi would be a lightweight (since he's so skinny and tall).
That puts him at a risk of being low tier, with same attributes like Zelda. I believe he should a middleweight, like he was in Mario Kart DS.

D

Deleted member

That puts him at a risk of being low tier, with same attributes like Zelda. I believe he should a middleweight, like he was in Mario Kart DS.
Unlike Zelda, Waluigi is the "King of Recovery".
Excellent vertical recovery (Whirluigi), excellent horizontal recovery (Swimming Return), a tether grab (vines), supreme jumping skills (puts Falco to shame), and an extra platform in case the previous isn't going to be enough (Wall-Luigi).

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Unlike Zelda, Waluigi is the "King of Recovery".
Excellent vertical recovery (Whirluigi), excellent horizontal recovery (Swimming Return), a tether grab (vines), supreme jumping skills (puts Falco to shame), and an extra platform in case the previous isn't going to be enough (Wall-Luigi).
You know, all that is pretty genius. I just had one concern about the Whirluigi. How could we come up with a way for it not to be another "Mario/Luigi Tornado" in button input and mechanic?

Perhaps an extra "third" jump where you have to keep mashing the jump button for it to go up?

I love the Whirluigi and I think it shouldn't be left out completely; but rather incorporated in some way. I don't know though, any ideas guys? :urg:

D

Deleted member

You know, all that is pretty genius. I just had one concern about the Whirluigi. How could we come up with a way for it not to be another "Mario/Luigi Tornado" in button input and mechanic?

Perhaps an extra "third" jump where you have to keep mashing the jump button for it to go up?

I love the Whirluigi and I think it shouldn't be left out completely; but rather incorporated in some way. I don't know though, any ideas guys? :urg:
Simple. Have Whirluigi be his Up Special and have it automatically fly him upwards rather than button mash for it.

@Diddy: No. Just no. Waluigi needs a FS that represents him, such as my Final Smash idea of Destruction Dance, where causes a rain of Bob-Ombs and a flurry of Bullet Bills from the sides with his magic dancing. It helps reference one thing Waluigi is known for (Bob-Ombs), his time as a major villain (DDR: Mario Mix), and Bullet Bills, which he's not all known for, but has shot one at Mario in Sluggers' opening and it helps make it less of a Sudden Death ripoff.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
@Golden ..........you just blew my mind!!!! That's pure genius! Well done! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom