• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Waluigi has a new phrase in his repitoire.

You suuuuuck!

Courtesy of "It Sucks to Be Weegie" Waluigi.
EDIT: Well, I shouldn't say "new". the comic has been around for a while. I guess it would be more accurate to say that I'm bringing this out of obscurity. Nice to see other psychotic Waluigis in comics outside Brawl in the Family.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I may be the only person who feels this way, but even though I would be alright with Waluigi, because he is WARIO'S partner in crime in the Mario spinoffs, I would see him as out of place if he was from a different series than Wario.

Sure, it may not mean much, but Waluigi basically fits into the Mario series because of Wario. Like I said, it's probably just me. I find it comparable to those who say that Luigi should get his own icon for Luigi's Mansion, except on a much, MUCH smaller scale.

D

Deleted member

Or, if Luigi's Mansion 2 has a big role for Waluigi like I am predicting it will, Luigi AND Waluigi can be Luigi's Mansion characters.

He's Luigi's rival/enemy first, Wario's partner second.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I honestly would be upset if Luigi got his own icon for Luigi's mansion. He gets his own icon for 2 games, as opposed to the many he has been in alongside Mario, who he originally started with? No thanks, Luigi is a Mario Bros. character first.

Sure, Wario got his own icon after the same circumstances, but Luigi is FAR different than Wario as far as relation to the Mario series as a whole. Just mentioning it because I can see that argument coming from a mile away

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I've figured I should show this pic in the right thread.

The only reason I'm for Luigi getting a series of his own, is so that King Boo can get in!
This has been my reason (possibly his best chance?) for wanting King Boo in smash for a while. Either playable or an AT.

Or, if Luigi's Mansion 2 has a big role for Waluigi like I am predicting it will, Luigi AND Waluigi can be Luigi's Mansion characters.

He's Luigi's rival/enemy first, Wario's partner second.
I'd like this to happen. Then King Boo could replace Waluigi for the Assist Trophy spot.

:phone:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Nope. Daisy will easily be the 2nd player to PEach or Luigi. Waluigi only has Wario.

WALUIGI HATES LUIGI!

D

Deleted member

Considering he pretty much stalks Luigi, it wouldn't be surprising for him to be in Luigi's Mansion 2.

And perhaps before he makes his move, we have a little cameo appearance far in the background of him spying on Luigi with his Waluigiscopes.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Considering he pretty much stalks Luigi, it wouldn't be surprising for him to be in Luigi's Mansion 2.

And perhaps before he makes his move, we have a little cameo appearance far in the background of him spying on Luigi with his Waluigiscopes.
I can see Waluigi being the antagonist of Luigi's Mansion 2, and instead of rescuing Mario again you have to rescue Daisy. It would do a favor for the Character Bio Waluigi has in the Mario Party 4 Manual where it states he has a crush for Daisy, and it's one of the reasons he despises Luigi.

This most likely won't happen, but this is my wish plot for Luigi's Mansion 2.

D

Deleted member

So then the Luigi's Mansion cast would be Luigi, Waluigi, King Boo, Daisy, and E. Gadd. :troll:

And Toad and Bowser Jr. would be added to Mario to even the two out.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'd like it if Yoshi was in Luigi's mansion 2 with that light bulb power-up from SMG2!
So It would be: Luigi, Waluigi, King Boo, Yoshi, Daisy, and E. Gadd. :troll:

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Something that I had in mind was if Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon was kinda like Super Mario Land 2; y'know, having the main character (Mario, Luigi) collect certain objects (6 Golden Coins, Dark Moon Pieces) to retrieve something of his ownership (Mario's Castle, Luigi's Mansion) from his rival (Wario, Waluigi) ? That'd certantly be interesting.

jigglover

Smash Lord
That move-set is drab and broken. It's impossible not to recover with the thing's recovery, and gliding doesn't even leave him helpless! The up+B goes up way too far. The taunt can't deal 20 odd damage, Luigi's is the only one that deals damage and that is 1!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
That move-set is drab and broken. It's impossible not to recover with the thing's recovery, and gliding doesn't even leave him helpless! The up+B goes up way too far. The taunt can't deal 20 odd damage, Luigi's is the only one that deals damage and that is 1!
One, that wasn't his taunt. It was his nuetral special WAA:awesome:
Two, he doesn't glide. That is his side special and it does leave him helpless.
Lastly, the fact that he gets almost no horizontal boost from his up B balances that out.

Personally, I like the moveset. The only thing I would change is the down B because it's kinda random. Maybe something to do with his vines or pistol from Mario and Sonic London Olympic Games.

D

Deleted member

I've never understood why people support Waluigi so much. Such a boring and uninspired character. Not to mention he's not a Wario character, but actually a Mario character, and we have 4 of those already and that's plenty. Any more Mario franchise reps should be added as Assist Trophies and Bosses. I wouldn't mind having a ****huge list of Assist trophies if it will shut you people up. My biggest gripe with the Waluigi support is that not only is his concept boring, but if he DOES get in, that's one slot that could have been given to a whole 'nother 1st party franchise.

Look, first give me a proper Waluigi game, then we'll talk about him being a fighter in Smash.

@Arcedenik
>The Mario franchise, something Sakurai is afraid of expanding too heavily on, has two stronger contenders than Waluigi already. Props to making this thread and sticking behind your guns, but no one likes Waluigi. Easily the most hated character on the boards. Even more than Tingle, Krystal, and Lyn.

Wait, Lyn is hated on here? Why?

D

Deleted member

^ And this is an example of a butthurt anti-Waluigi derp. :laugh:

Because how dare someone that he doesn't like have fans. It's a frigging travesty. :troll:

^Best response possible.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Wait, Lyn is hated on here? Why?
Because she's an boring and uninspired character, she's also an Fire Emblem chracter and we already have 3 and that's enough representation so we don't need her, and if she does get in, it's gonna be a waste of a slot which could've gone to someone more deserving.

D

Deleted member

Careful what you say when you try to use people's words against them, Jhonny. You might want to leave the arguing to me.

Lyn may be boring, but she's far from uninspired, though if you want to draw comparisons to someone, there's Ira, the first female swordfighter in the series, though that's a bit of a stretch in itself.

Fire Emblem also currently has 2 characters, not 3. Just because Roy was in Melee and was planned for Brawl, he doesn't count until he is back in Smash. However, you are right in that we don't need her, as the forementioned Roy as well as Krom are far more reasonable (and likely) choices.

Lyn's only saving grace that doesn't really affect anything in the long run is that she isn't another blue-haired swordsman (but instead a green-haired swordswoman). But then Micaiah would be better suited for that arbitrary reasoning, given that she has silver hair instead of blue, she's female, and she doesn't use swords as she is a mage.
But yes, someone more deserving from another series would be a better choice.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I would love for one of Waluigi's taunts to be the rose toss like Dudley has in 3rd Strike. He tosses it behind him and stuns the opponent for a split second on impact.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

^Best response possible.
I agree! :troll:

Waluigi deserves to be the troll addition to smash4
you're wrong. that place belongs the one and only Tingle.

it's not that Waluigi has much to say about, be seeing he's a counterpart to Luigi, and the other three are already in the games, his inclusion would complete the circle. and he's popular as well.

another thing... Waluigi could use attacks based on Mario spin-offs. think about his Brawl appearence as an Assist Trophy.

in his moveset, he could use not only the Tennis racket, but a golf club, and his Final Smash could be similar to Captain Falcon's: driving a kart and beat the enemies with it.

another move he could pull is throwing Bob-ombs, since Bob-ombs are Wario and Waluigi's signature item in Mario Kart: Double Dash, it's not a stretch.

one thing to consider is the fact that he's described as a cheater, so he could have trickster type moves. he could maybe plant traps or counter moves.

I'm not really a supporter of Waluigi, but he has good potential as a fighter.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I guess people do like the idea of Waluigi, seeing as how long this thread is still kicking,

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi is pretty controversial, but I kind of like that about him. I think he would fit in well in the Smash world, having been described as the type of guy who would do anything to win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom