• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

And I find it funny when Waluigi ballerina spins to avoid said dodgeball to troll. :troll:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Not before Waluigi calls Wario to completely obliterate Bowser with his most powerful attack yet.....
The Wario Waft
:troll: :troll: :troll:
Which only succeeds in ticking him off into going Giga. Wario retaliates by turning into Warioman and they battle it out...meanwhile Junior and Waluigi become completely irrelevant to the fight. :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Which only succeeds in ticking him off into going Giga. Wario retaliates by turning into Warioman and they battle it out...meanwhile Junior and Waluigi become completely irrelevant to the fight. :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:
After Giga Bowser and Wario-Man started fighting, Waluigi and Jr. realized that it would simply lead to nothing and instead they decided to have a tea party with Toad and Paper Mario. :troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Exactly, besides, you'll be surprised at how long Bowser can hold his breath for. Anyway, Bowser orders the Koopa troop to attack in Jigglovers' formation of popularity. Warioman can not handle the Paratroopas!

After Giga Bowser and Wario-Man started fighting, Waluigi and Jr. realized that it would simply lead to nothing and instead they decided to have a tea party with Toad and Paper Mario. :troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:
I prefer where my story is going.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, besides, you'll be surprised at how long Bowser can hold his breath for. Anyway, Bowser orders the Koopa troop to attack in Jigglovers' formation of popularity. Warioman can not handle the Paratroopas!
Wario-Man wears pink, he can't be destroyed.

I prefer where my story is going.

But in all seriousness, let's stop right here before this turns into a freaking fan-fiction.

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
and then Waluigi ask for 1 sugar cube and Toad gives him 2 and then Waluigi cross chops the table in half :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:
(I had to XD i'm sorry)

D

Deleted member

Anyways, a point I keep seeing about Waluigi is that he was made to be a doubles partner for Wario in Mario Tennis.

After actually playing the game and seeing that game's roster....where's the logic in using "doubles partners" come in?
I mean, look at this:

How do doubles work?
Obvious doubles:
Mario & Luigi
Wario & Waluigi
Peach & Daisy
Bowser & Boo (implied in the opening)

But... what about the rest?
Is Yoshi's partner Baby Mario or Birdo? And for the one that isn't Yoshi's partner, who is THEIR partner?
Who's Toad's partner?
Is DK Jr. supposed to be DK's partner, despite being of different generations (DK being of the Rare Donkey Kong series, Jr. being of the Classic Donkey Kong series)?
What about Paratroopa and Shy Guy?

As for other logic, why is Bowser partnered with a Boo anyway? Why not an actual member of his race like Paratroopa? Or a higher up minion? Or even his eldest son, Ludwig? Heck, if Wario needed a doubles partner, why couldn't he have teamed up with Bowser? Both were enemies of Mario, and as the saying goes, "the enemy of my enemy is my ally". Why was Waluigi even needed?

This is why I believe Waluigi was NOT created just to be a doubles partner, but rather to give Luigi a rival like how Mario had Wario. Him being a potential candidate for a tag-team with Wario was a mere bonus.
I mean, think about it. Before Waluigi, what did Luigi have? Almost nothing, huh? Even excluded from the latest major adventure title.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Anyways, a point I keep seeing about Waluigi is that he was made to be a doubles partner for Wario in Mario Tennis.

After actually playing the game and seeing that game's roster....where's the logic in using "doubles partners" come in?
I mean, look at this:

How do doubles work?
Obvious doubles:
Mario & Luigi
Wario & Waluigi
Peach & Daisy
Bowser & Boo (implied in the opening)

But... what about the rest?
Is Yoshi's partner Baby Mario or Birdo? And for the one that isn't Yoshi's partner, who is THEIR partner?
Who's Toad's partner?
Is DK Jr. supposed to be DK's partner, despite being of different generations (DK being of the Rare Donkey Kong series, Jr. being of the Classic Donkey Kong series)?
What about Paratroopa and Shy Guy?

As for other logic, why is Bowser partnered with a Boo anyway? Why not an actual member of his race like Paratroopa? Or a higher up minion? Or even his eldest son, Ludwig? Heck, if Wario needed a doubles partner, why couldn't he have teamed up with Bowser? Both were enemies of Mario, and as the saying goes, "the enemy of my enemy is my ally". Why was Waluigi even needed?

This is why I believe Waluigi was NOT created just to be a doubles partner, but rather to give Luigi a rival like how Mario had Wario. Him being a potential candidate for a tag-team with Wario was a mere bonus.
I mean, think about it. Before Waluigi, what did Luigi have? Almost nothing, huh? Even excluded from the latest major adventure title.
Mario and Luigi.
Wario and Waluigi.
Peach and Daisy.
Baby Mario and Toad, they're both in a way side-kicks to Mario and little small red things.
Yoshi and Birdo.
Dk and Bowser, they're both Rivals of Mario and power-houses.
Paratroopa and Boom they're both generic enemies in the koopa troop and can fly.
Shy guy and DK JR. are unique and fun! Dk jr is only in these three games (and dk maths) and was he not popular? So he could have just got in to try and buff up sales since they weren't sure how their first mario tennis game would sell (mario's tennis does not count). Shy guy was just in as the other rep of super mario bros. 2 since they can't have just Birdo representing that can they!?

Easy.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Mario and Luigi.
Wario and Waluigi.
Peach and Daisy.
Baby Mario and Toad, they're both in a way side-kicks to Mario and little small red things.
Yoshi and Birdo.
Paratroopa and Boom they're both generic enemies in the koopa troop and can fly.
Shy guy and DK JR. are unique and fun! Dk jr is only in these three games (and dk maths) and was he not popular? So he could have just got in to try and buff up sales since they weren't sure how their first mario tennis game would sell (mario's tennis does not count). Shy guy was just in as the other rep of super mario bros. 2 since they can't have just Birdo representing that can they!?

Easy.
Personally, it looks to me like Bowser/Boo, DK/DK Jr, and Koopa/Shuy Guy make more sense as tag partners.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Mario & Luigi
Wario & Waluigi
Peach & Daisy
Yoshi & Birdo
Baby Mario & Toad (the only real weird one)
DK & DK Jr.
Bowser & Boo (Implied in the opening)
Shy Guy & Paratroopa

D

Deleted member

Well, my way or your way it still means that doubles did play a part in Mario Tennis and Golden was wrong.
You didn't prove jack ****.

All you did was make blind assumptions on what partners would be based on personal belief.

Counterpart+It seems Miyamoto approved Waluigi then.
Well then, it appears I was right in that Waluigi was made to be a rival to Luigi; not to be a "doubles partner". Afterall, unless there was a "Warudaisy" as well, "Warupeach" would have completely broken the "doubles" thing.

But thank God there was no "Warupeach"....if she would have been anything like Terrormisu, then a rather large bullet has been dodged.

EDIT: Found direct proof of this just by searching: http://translate.google.com/transla.../www.camelot.co.jp/gimon/gimon13.html&act=url

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Mario and Luigi.
Wario and Waluigi.
Peach and Daisy.
Yoshi and Birdo.

Easy.
:dizzy:

Guys...

Here are the official Mario Tennis (N64) Doubles Teams:

(Player 1) & (CPU)
-Mario & Luigi
-Luigi & Daisy
-Wario & Waluigi
-Waluigi & Paratroopa
-Peach & Mario
-Daisy & Birdo
-Baby Mario & Donkey Kong
-Toad & Peach
-Yoshi & Baby Mario
-Birdo & Yoshi
-Donkey Kong & Toad
-Bowser & Boo
-Paratroopa & Bowser
-Boo & Wario
-Donkey Kong Jr. & Donkey Kong
-Shy Guy & Bowser

If you want to argue these, go talk to Miyamoto.

Even if Waluigi was made to be a doubles partner for Wario (which he obviously wasn't), I don't see why it would matter. I mean, who the hell cares? Why does it matter?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
:dizzy:

Guys...

Here are the official Mario Tennis (N64) Doubles Teams:

(Player 1) & (CPU)
-Mario & Luigi
-Luigi & Daisy
-Wario & Waluigi
-Waluigi & Paratroopa
-Peach & Mario
-Daisy & Birdo
-Baby Mario & Donkey Kong
-Toad & Peach
-Yoshi & Baby Mario
-Birdo & Yoshi
-Donkey Kong & Toad
-Bowser & Boo
-Paratroopa & Bowser
-Boo & Wario
-Donkey Kong Jr. & Donkey Kong
-Shy Guy & Bowser

If you want to argue these, go talk to Miyamoto.

Even if Waluigi was made to be a doubles partner for Wario (which he obviously wasn't), I don't see why it would matter. I mean, who the hell cares? Why does it matter?
Those are...really weird pairings. And it matters because it's the reason most people hate him: he's seen as nothing more than roster filler, and hasn't really contributed much to the series as a whole.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Those are...really weird pairings. And it matters because it's the reason most people hate him: he's seen as nothing more than roster filler, and hasn't really contributed much to the series as a whole.
I still don't get why people hate Waluigi for being filler.
I mean, we got all of the filler clones in Melee and yet, nobody seems to hate them because of that.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I still don't get why people hate Waluigi for being filler.
I mean, we got all of the filler clones in Melee and yet, nobody seems to hate them because of that.
It's not Smash specific, it's a more general thing than that. He's been getting hit with hate like that since before SSB was even a thing.

It's also true that some people don't like him because they feel his character design is lazy, but I never really agreed with that.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
It's not Smash specific, it's a more general thing than that. He's been getting hit with hate like that since before SSB was even a thing.

It's also true that some people don't like him because they feel his character design is lazy, but I never really agreed with that.
They're still fools nonetheless.
They'll see, Waluigi will get them. Some day. Some time.
In a theather near you

D

Deleted member

I have a big feeling that Waluigi will play a big role in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon...

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I have a big feeling that Waluigi will play a big role in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon...
Gut feeling? or is there something that leads you to believe this?

Turns out Next Level Games is making this. Previous Mario games they've worked on?

Super Mario Strikers - GCN
Mario Strikers Charged - Wii

Both of which Waluigi were in and the origin of the Waluigi's crotch-chop, no? They seem to like him. haha

Maybe that'll lead to the developer including him in the game?

D

Deleted member

That was one of the things that lead me to believe that. It certainly seems NLG has a bit of favoritism towards Waluigi.

Another thing is that this is Luigi's game, and Waluigi was designed to be Luigi's rival. He even stalks Luigi, as revealed in M&S London Olympics 3DS. (He invented the "Waluigiscopes" in order to spy on Luigi to discover any weaknesses.)

While an argument would be "well, why wasn't Waluigi in the first Luigi's Mansion?", but as a counter, Waluigi hasn't shown much of what he's capable of prior to it. Literally the only things we've seen him do at that point are play tennis and compete in a Mario Party.
Since then, Waluigi has been given wierd powers and tools, especially in the previously mentioned Stikers Charged, where he can teleport in puffs of purple smoke, spawn purple thorns, and even use a thorn whip.

I just have this gut feeling with these facts that Waluigi is going to play a big role somehow. I'm even willing to bet my account on a month long ban if he's not in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom