• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Gut feeling? or is there something that leads you to believe this?

Turns out Next Level Games is making this. Previous Mario games they've worked on?

Super Mario Strikers - GCN
Mario Strikers Charged - Wii

Both of which Waluigi were in and the origin of the Waluigi's crotch-chop, no? They seem to like him. haha

Maybe that'll lead to the developer including him in the game?
I doubt it, they were spin-offs and so Waluigi had to be in. Isn't Luigi's mansion: Dark moon spin off, Luigi series or main-stream? Lots of things say that sales went up with the game-cube because a main-stream mario game (sunshine) finally got onto it, and Luigi's mansion was released before that so I'm going with spin-off.

D

Deleted member

Does it really matter about "mainstream" or "spin-off"?

So what, by some set of "rules", Waluigi is forbidden to appear in a non-sports or kart title?

Honestly, this is literally Waluigi's perfect chance to spread out.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I was just saying that the reason he was in the strikers game was most likely the fact that it was a spin-off. I agree that this is Waluigi's only foreseeable chance to move away from the spin-offs, but is Luigi's mansion not spin-off as well?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I was just saying that the reason he was in the strikers game was most likely the fact that it was a spin-off. I agree that this is Waluigi's only foreseeable chance to move away from the spin-offs, but is Luigi's mansion not spin-off as well?
Luigi's Mansion is a main series game staring Luigi actually. It would be a real spin-off if it was starring Luigi and had no major Mario appearances. (Like Wario Land and Donkey Kong Country.)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Honestly, I don't really get why Waluigi gets so much hate

Yeah, he's a little unoriginal, but I honestly consider him to be the funniest Nintendo character in existence

He would be a cool character for Smash, IMO

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
People dislike Waluigi from the fact that he's not consindered a "main" Mario character, most just see him as a fill-up character for the roster in the Spin Offs. That's his origin as well, Wario needed a partner in Mario Tennis 64 and Waluigi was created. Not by Nintendo, but by Camelot. But even with all these facts against him, i still consider him a Mario character. He's really funny and has a personality of entertainment. His name isn't "unoriginal" or "doesn't make sense" either, "Wa" is a Japanese term for the word "Bad". So it basically translates to "Bad Luigi".

I don't see why we only need canon Mario characters to be the reps in Smash, Waluigi would be a perfect rep for the spin off games which sells just as much as the main Mario games, if not, more.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Not only that, but Sakurai lamented that he wasn't able to put Waluigi in Brawl.

All you wa-haters are gonna rage so hard when he's announced. I'm probably going to disappear for a few days after Waluigi is revealed.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Not only that, but Sakurai lamented that he wasn't able to put Waluigi in Brawl.

All you wa-haters are gonna rage so hard when he's announced. I'm probably going to disappear for a few days after Waluigi is revealed.
Interesting words there. rage so hard when he's announced.
After Waluigi is revealed.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Waluigi has always come off to me as a "troll" character. Even more than Wario. Having him in Brawl would just be a nice add, cause you can always use one more troll character.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Waluigi has always come off to me as a "troll" character. Even more than Wario. Having him in Brawl would just be a nice add, cause you can always use one more troll character.
I find this true as well. Waluigi is most certainly a troll character.
@Golden, what does it matter whether he's a rival of Luigi's or a partner of Wario's? He's a filler none-the-less. We didn't need Warupeach at all, we could have had regular Koopa, Goomboss or kind boo.

D

Deleted member

@Golden, what does it matter whether he's a rival of Luigi's or a partner of Wario's? He's a filler none-the-less. We didn't need Warupeach at all, we could have had regular Koopa, Goomboss or kind boo.
In the original Mario Tennis?

King Boo and Goomboss didn't exist yet (so they would have been like Waluigi), and Goombas, let alone Goomboss, wouldn't work as they have no hands (this is actually adressed on the Japanese page about "Warupeach", and remember, this is before the Baseball games).
The only one of that list that could have been in is regular Koopa.

EDIT: But you know who COULD have been in as well? Metal Mario. He was in Mario Golf for the N64, also made by Camelot, and he was the only other Mario character that wasn't a generic golf-playing human. (Like how Mario Tennis had the 4 generic tennis-playing humans)

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
Goomboss would be called goomba king in that time,and wuzent made yet nor king boo look @ release dates will ya?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
But you know who COULD have been in as well? Metal Mario. He was in Mario Golf for the N64, also made by Camelot, and he was the only other Mario character that wasn't a generic golf-playing human. (Like how Mario Tennis had the 4 generic tennis-playing humans)
He's also in Dr. Mario 64, Mario Kart 7 (as Mario's rival), and Mario Tennis Open. I made a move set for him thats somewhere in the Mario Bros. Character thread. Compared to other Mario characters I don't expect him to ever make it to the roster, unless I turn on the metal box item :troll:. Also people would rage if we've got Metal Mario over Dr. Mario or Paper Mario.

Btw, what's a Warupeach? I'm afraid to google it to find a pic with Wario's face on Peach's body.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Well, as I said before, Movie Maker won't work, so here is my new and improved Waluigi moveset in text!

Neutral Attack – Waluigi swats twice with his tennis racket.
Dash Attack – Waluigi leaps forward and swats as if he’s desperately trying to return a serve that’s farther away.
Strong Side – Waluigi does a backhanded swat with his tennis racket. This can reflect projectiles.
Strong Up – Waluigi punches upward like hitting the Dice Block in Mario Party 9.
Strong Down - Waluigi punches at a downwards angle in front of him.
Side Smash – Waluigi stomps forward like one of his finishing Assist Trophy attacks.
Up Smash – Waluigi leaps up and headbutts at an angle, as if hitting a soccer ball into a goal with his head.
Down Smash – Piledriver Stomp (Assist Trophy attack). Only the first stomp embeds people into the ground.
Ledge attack – Waluigi rolls up from the ledge and attacks with a falling axe kick.
100% ledge attack – Waluigi slowly pulls himself from the ledge, then thrusts his elbow forward.
Floor attack – Waluigi breakdances as he pulls himself up.
Neutral Aerial – Waluigi will ballerina spin like his “dodge” in Mario Sport’s Mix’s Dodgeball.
Forward Aerial – Waluigi will spike downward with his tennis racket.
Back Aerial – Waluigi kicks both legs back like Mario’s Back Aerial from Smash 64.
Up Aerial – Waluigi kick-flips.
Down Aerial – In reference to the Drop Rocket technique from Super Mario Strikers, Waluigi crashes downward feet first.
Grab/Tether Recovery-Waluigi grabs opponents and ledges with a purple thorn whip from Mario Strikers Charged.
Pummel – Knees opponent.
Forward Throw – Serves the opponent with his tennis racket.
Back Throw – Tosses opponent back, then back kicks them.
Up Throw – Waluigi spins around, then tosses the opponent up. (Hey, Mario, Luigi, and Wario all have spinning throws…)
Down Throw – Waluigi will get into a clouded scuffle with the opponent, ending it with a strong kick forward that makes the opponent slide across the ground. (Pretty much what he did to Bowser in Mario Party 3.)
Standard Special- Power Serve: Waluigi pulls out a signature tennis ball engraved with his symbol and lightly tosses it in the air. Pressing a specific button will make Waluigi serve the ball; Press the Special Attack button again to perform a Medium Serve with an orange trail, press the Normal Attack button instead to perform a Light Serve with a blue trail, or press both the Normal and Special Attack buttons at the same time to do a Strong Serve with a purple trail.
If pressed too early, Waluigi will miss and the ball will bounce on his head in a comedic fashion. Press too late or don’t press at all, and Waluigi merely catches the ball.
Waluigi can also rarely serve a Bob-Omb (which will explode on Waluigi if he fails to serve it) or a Whiskered Eggplant, which will cause Poison status to whoever it hits. ****See “Other Neat Stuff” for info on Poison!****
Waluigi can also serve any small item he is currently holding, which will hurt Waluigi if he fails to properly serve them.
If used in the air, Waluigi will hop up a little while serving, like Yoshi’s Egg Toss.
Side Special- Swimming Return: Waluigi’s Defensive Power Shot from Mario Power Tennis. Waluigi will swim forward in the air, unaffected by gravity. Waluigi will hit people as he moves forward. This is great for horizontal recovery, but has no vertical recovery properties.
Up Special- Whirluigi: Waluigi’s Offensive Power Shot from Mario Power Tennis. Waluigi will spin and cause a literal tornado to form around him as he rises upward. This move is great for vertical recovery, but has no horizontal recovery options.
Down Special- Wall-Luigi: Waluigi’s Special Ability from Mario Strikers Charged. Waluigi will spawn a vertical wall of purple thorns right in front of him on the ground. This wall is impenetrable, and will damage anyone it touches; even Waluigi. This wall lasts for a short while, and another cannot be made until it disappears.
If used in the air, Waluigi will spawn a horizontal wall right below him. While this wall will hurt Waluigi, it can help him by allowing him to jump again and give him more recovery options from farther away.
Final Smash- Destruction Dance: In reference to Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, Waluigi starts to dance while it rains Bob-ombs like in Sudden Death mode. Bullet Bills will also fly from the sides of the stage, and giant purple thorn spirals will rise up from the bottom of the stage, similar to the Thorn Helixes from the Subspace Emissary.
Taunts-
1. Waluigi strikes a pose similar to his Melee trophy and says “Waluigi Time!”
2. Waluigi makes a pose similar to his Brawl artwork and yells “Ha-ha!”
3. Waluigi snickers as he places a Sparky Sticker on the ground (only two at a time can be placed; if he tries to place a third he notices he doesn’t have any left and yells “Waa?!”)
Victory Poses-
1. Waluigi faces the left and Crotch Chops, faces the right and Crotch Chops, then faces the camera and Crotch Chops while continuously chanting his name.
2. Waluigi strums his Tennis Racket like a guitar and ends by striking a “chord”. (Victory animation from Mario Power Tennis)
3. Waluigi will toss his tennis racket into the air, leap up, catch it, land kneeling down, then faces the camera while his eyes shine. (Victory animation from Mario Tennis Open)
Entrance-Waluigi comes crashing down from the sky, like his Home Entrance in Mario Strikers Charged. When he lands, he cackles to the sky like his Assist Trophy entrance.
Other Neat Stuff-
-When Waluigi does a Dodge Roll, he doesn’t roll. He disappears in a puff of purple fire and reappears where a normal character would go after a Dodge Roll. (Like his Deke in Mario Strikers Charged)
-Waluigi, being the poor sport he is, doesn’t clap for the winner. He bites on his tennis racket instead, like his losing animation from Mario Power Tennis and Mario Tennis Open.
-Waluigi is meant to be somewhat of a lightweight (though close to middleweight) due to being somewhat of a King of Recovery with numerous options to get back to the stage, as well as the fact he hardly has any mass. Think of his weight like Mewtwo in Melee.
-Poison Status: The rarer opposite of the Curry status. The poor unfortunate soul who has this status will have a sickly green aura around them and like how Curry makes the character hop around in their idle, Poison will make the opponent hunch over in pain while looking like they might vomit (or in R.O.B.’s case, shake erratically to reference a computer virus). While Curry makes a character dash all the time, while slightly increasing the speed, Poison will make a character Slow Walk at a slightly slower pace. Also, instead of being able to give out damage while under Curry, those under Poison take rapid damage until it goes away. This attribute has a rare chance of occurring from spore attacks from Ivysaur, White Pikmin attacks, and always occurs from being hit by a Whiskered Eggplant.

D

Deleted member

Crotch Chop is useless as an attack. It's meant to be a type of "suck it" victory, to which it is properly placed as such in the moveset.

D

Deleted member

Bumped with a bit of more trivia.

Apparently, on the Mario Tennis website, to hype up Waluigi's first appearance, there was a minigame on the site where you.....clipped his toenails.....urg.

The More You Know. *star with rainbow* (too lazy to pull up image)

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Waluigi, the close second biggest hated character in Nintendo (I think the Duck hunt Dog is liked more than him!)

D

Deleted member

If Waluigi was near the most hated of Nintendo characters, why does he have fans? MANY fans, I might add.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sure Waluigi has fans, but adult and classic Mario fans (especially the ones on Gamefaqs) are the only ones who truly hate him. Even sites like Tv Tropes, Game Informer, and IGN labeled him as the Scrappy of the Mario franchise moreso than Birdo, Daisy, and Junior. I guess only Smash fans, spinoff lovers, and young Mario fanboys like us truly loves him the way he is. :/

D

Deleted member

That is being very generalizing.
You don't know for fact that adult Mario fans and classic Mario fans hate him just because of a select group.

Likewise, you don't know for fact that Smash fans, spinoff lovers, and young Mario fans like him just because of a select group.

There is love and hate of every side. But the fact that there is love shows that he isn't AS hated as people claim he is.

EDIT: And then again, there's also the "Love to Hate" concept, where people just like hating on him. Similar to the Duck Hunt Dog, he's iconic and popular, but the fact he laughs at you make people love to hate on him for fun.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Sure Waluigi has fans, but adult and classic Mario fans (especially the ones on Gamefaqs) are the only ones who truly hate him. Even sites like Tv Tropes, Game Informer, and IGN labeled him as the Scrappy of the Mario franchise moreso than Birdo, Daisy, and Junior. I guess only Smash fans, spinoff lovers, and young Mario fanboys like us truly loves him the way he is. :/

That's being very... I don't think that there is a word for it, is there? It's like saying only girls like the colour pink, every school-child hates school etc.
Besides, i'm far from a classic mario fan, and I am also far from a Waluigi fan. (though he is my second-most wanted due to me not particularly liking any other mario characters except for yoshi reps(yes, shy guy is still a yoshi rep to me.)) There you go, your argument is flawed.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Right, that does seem silly of me to try to make a generalization of haters. It wouldn't neccesarily matter since he still is adored by a fair amount of fans regardless, especially those who have known him since playing Mario Tennis in the 64 days. He was so badass and intimidating at first, then slowly evolved into the lovable and goofy oath we know and love since the Gamecube Era. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom