• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wake County, NC - 'Scrub Education' Tournament [Date and Location set]

Toshiba

Smash Apprentice
ya me and my friends had kinda planned on it the way it was originaly organized. It just seems like a lot to change it all around for 2 guys who may or may not come. But whatever, group/ tourney holders decision.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
well it seems that YGO will be coming to this one :) me, Adam, TLOZ, and 59JS should all be coming. TC can't come unfortunatly, but i will represent falcon for him!

Malk we are still teaming but idk if team cape will be able to beat some of the better teams. So there is a possibility that the cape will have to transform into a knee rest team ;) other than that we are still good. I'll try to get there kinda early so we can practice on our already amazing teamwork XD.

Finally, sorry to hear about your problems munkey, hopefully you and adams can still make it and show everyone what #3 and #4 can do LOLZ. good luck!

Malk

Smash Champion
****, that's a lot of opposition to singles first. Anyone care to give a reason why?

Other than Adam wants money.

Right now Munkey will probably say he can't go anyway 'cause that's his style and Singles will be second and everyone will be happy, so stop worrying.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
we arent going to come... 8 hours in a car isnt worth it for just a doubles tournament
plus my parents would have to make the trip twice in 2 days...

the munkaid 3 teams tournament started an hour late... because 59js called me to tell me that ygo was running late...
i love how you guys watch out for me, when i watch out for you

you play adam all the time... plus he would still be there if you did doubles second, the only time i get to play any of you is at munkaid.. i tried making an effort, but you couldnt compromise

thanks for being so reasonable, and giving such good reasons for being d!cks about it, fcuking us out of being able to play you guys

IntegraKid88

Smash Rookie
we will get dublio to send you some tapes and you can hold a contoller and pretend you are playing......?

besides this wasnt meant to be a huge tournament and we probably have way more people than the host ever thought would come.....so dont freak out about missing it, and dont blame all these people for not wanting to wait for you.....if we ALL dont really want to wait or switch than we arnt gonna change for a few people......and im sure at the tournament you mentioned they all agreed to wait an hour.....unless you are a ssb dictator or something.....

anyways im starting to get pumped for this tournament so i may start some throwing of trash

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
wow...................
besides this wasnt meant to be a huge tournament and we probably have way more people than the host ever thought would come.....so dont freak out about missing it, and dont blame all these people for not wanting to wait for you.....if we ALL dont really want to wait or switch than we arnt gonna change for a few people
I dont care about how big this tournament was suppose to be. I wanted to play malk, karn, pac and those guys, since i <3 them and never get to play them...

and im sure at the tournament you mentioned they all agreed to wait an hour.....unless you are a ssb dictator or something.....
59js called, I told everyone that we would be starting teams late, MY CREW said "no problem", i ignored what the scrubs said. Malk even said he would rather do singles first, you guys are just being fagg0ts about it

but you mean nothing to me... i wouldn't have talked to you... and i wouldn't have played you unless it was in the tourny, so stfu

Dublio

Smash Ace
Ouch, harsh. Where'd all the love go? It really doesn't matter which one we do first. We'll end up playing both anyway. Just trying to get some tourny experience, that's all. But Munkey does have a point though, 8 hours is a buttload of time to be driving in a car for only a doubles tournament.

Malk

Smash Champion
By tonight I will decide is singles or doubles are first. I'm honestly leaning towards singles, as Munkey is a stranger in our lands and has precedence in my book.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
I know i dont care which is first, but it sounded like it was a long shot for you to come anyways munk. I know how the trip is and the drive sucks.........hopefully next time?

anyways we should be getting pumped over this!!!! just a couple more days!!

ps.Malk did you get everything with like the TV's and setups straight?

Dublio

Smash Ace
PUMPED! Must have craploads of friendlies, record matches, overanalyze matches, realize mistakes, fix those mistakes, and repeat! Err...Yes, it should be very fun.

Malk

Smash Champion
We should be good with TVs. We can easily get three and one of the nubs will bring one. I dunno. Ask Karn.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
so whats it gonna be, ppl have said in earlier in other post that they want singles 1st cause thats what they were planning on, and munkey and adams said they wont come unless singles 1st, whichever way it goes ppl arent gonna be happy but we gotta decide. I still say doubles 1st, we do love you munk but we would be screwing other ppl over as well if it went the other way. So whats it gonna be, who is gonna make the decision neway, neg. zero malk? Peace

PacStrife

Smash Ace
who exactly would be getting screwed other than you if singles is first?
sorry adam but, QUOTED FOR TRUTH. If munk and adams can come if singles are first then singles should be first. Plus maybe we would actually have a tourney where we wouldn't already know who was gonna win. I dont think it would inconvinence people too much. Anyways, it's about the friendlies anyways lol. That's always the best part to me!

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
if singles is second... i would still win if i were able to stay... lozr sucks.. and i always get knocked out of the tourny by twiggy... or some RANDOM ****ING PEACH PLAYER THAT I DIDNT METAGAME FOR...... lozr has never beat me in a tournament... i dont think

Malk

Smash Champion
Really I meant I'd know by tonight. Honest.
Sorry guys
Munkey is talking to Adams right now to see if they can make it.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
Well, I may or not be able to go. It'd really suck to not be able to go to my own tourney.

Ironically, I don't think any of the scrubs I planned to have come will be able to make it. But I'll live.

Dublio

Smash Ace
So for the people that are coming, we are pumped up and ready for friendlies yes? I haven't played Smash for 2 weeks, so this is my chance to get some action. Yay!

hockey007

Smash Cadet
Well, I may or not be able to go. It'd really suck to not be able to go to my own tourney.

Ironically, I don't think any of the scrubs I planned to have come will be able to make it. But I'll live.
yes but us new scrubs will fill the gaps :chuckle:
and hopefully zero will be able to go to his own tourney.... and if he doesn't show... is it still his?

Malk

Smash Champion
Neg zero can come. He had the wrong address at first. I'm pumped too, I haven't played smash in weeks either.

IntegraKid88

Smash Rookie
I dont mind if singles or doubles is first as long as there arnt any delays....earlier there was talk about waiting for and hour or something......but yeah doubles or singles is fine by me and all that i bring......infact i dont care if you decide or not....im gonna show up and play both so its up to those who have to leave or arrive late

I am also feeling the pump.....i have to go to court friday which im not looking forward to....but after that ill be crazy excited

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
well dang pplz i dont know whats gonna happen, yet munk if me and you meet in singles im gonna take youz out. Peace

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Man I really can't wait for this one. Should be great competition!!! Me and Malk should be taking teams cause we are too good and ummmmmm............ I guess that's it!

Everyone this is officially only two days away!!!!!!!!!!!! Practice up everyone, make sure your at your best! See ya there!

Malk

Smash Champion
oh FUC KKKKCKCKC YEAH SNOW DAY
I'm pumped
I haven't talked to Munkey but we're gonna do singles first anyway, I Just want it down on the calendars for good

WHEWW SNOW
TAKE THAT GLOBAL WARMING MONSTRUO

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
see i told you there were some pplz that would like to have singles 2nd. It wasnt just me. You might as well wait for me then, i could try to get off like at 130 or so. or earlier.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Man, it was 36 degrees this morning. So close and yet so far. All we got was freezing rain. I want a freakin snow day too! Hopefully I will do well at the tournament, although I haven't played for 2 weeks. Hard to improve if you never play anybody and all.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Adam you are missing the first thing we do whatever it is. Even if you get off st 1:30pm you wont get there till after 2:30pm, which is alot different than waiting till 1:00pm. Hopefully Munk and adams can come though, <3 those guys, lol.

Dublio

Smash Ace
I have no idea what tournament starts when, but if everything works out fine and we don't get lost, the four of us should be there by 12:00ish. (Best case scenario, hopefully we don't get lost). That should allow us some warm-up time and friendlies. Omg, 44-45 hours till the tournament! (44 if at 12:00, 45 if at 1:00)

Malk

Smash Champion
I wanted registration to start at noon and the tournament to be underway by noon and a half.

If you're going to be a little late (before 1pm) call me, and I'll delay, but I realllly want to start by 1. My number is (919) 607-1656

If I get no calls singles is starting at 12:30pm

Dublio

Smash Ace
I like the idea of draft crew friendlies. Sounds like a neat idea. Some good people mixed with scrubs. (Poo, I'm considered a newb still. Curses!)

38 hours left till the tournament yay!

Top Bottom