• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wake County, NC - 'Scrub Education' Tournament [Date and Location set]

Toshiba

Smash Apprentice
So your saying 10 per single and also 10 per person per team? I can deal, but if theres a cheaper place thatd be nice.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Ouch, I wonder how they ever get business with them being so expensive and all. Course maybe sometime Matta, Integra, and I could go down to Raleigh sometime and have a smashfest with Malk and his crew (That is when you play tons of smash matches together, is it not?) . Anything to get more practice and improve ourselves, yo.

Malk

Smash Champion
If any of you guys ever want to play hit me on my cell phone or aim. Send me a PM and I can send you the number, and the aim is MolskelvianDeity.

About the tournament - just find a new site. Find a big hall we can use, somewhere, and find a bunch of tvs to borrow from friends and family. If it's a nice venue people won't really mind a door fee, but if you are going to take from the pot to pay for the venue then it needs to be $10 singles and $20 doubles at least to be worthwhile for faraway people to come.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Maybe if they could make it to raleigh then we could have it at Karn's house? Then we could kinda set it up like normal and we would have a smash tourney there. This would mean that it would be moved to raleigh but if all the people could still come it might work. Just a thought?

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
I'll do what I can. If I find a place that's better, I'll update the thread title. But seriously, I don't know of any places other than Gamefrog where I could have a smash tourney of this size.

IntegraKid88

Smash Rookie
Anywhere is fine just find a place asap......you can have it at my house if you all drive this way.....save me some time......but really find a place....if you and all your friends are attending someone must have a garage or room with some space for table and stuff.....like people said before.....tables and outlets is all we need. yeah i imagine we will lose interest if the tournament seems like its thrown together at the last moments so chop chop

Dublio

Smash Ace
Yes, it doesn't matter where it is, we just have to satisfy our pleasure before we have empty orgasms and will be dissatisfied with our partners and have to buy new prostitutes. Err...I mean play smash with new people before we spontanously combust from waiting.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
hey im l0zr.

And i may come to this

whats the date, im too lazy to look for it. Peace my friends

Hope i can make it cause i gotta play the new pplz.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
Seriously? I could just fling some chairs, tables, and a TV into the garage and it'd be alright with you guys? >>;
It might make it a bit longer of a ride for you Raleigh folks, but it would be really simple to just throw it at my house in the garage. And we do have a space heater, so at least it could be slightly warm.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Your garage must be very large to hold a lot of people. Still it would be funny to see a huge crowd in a tiny space. I've got to buy a camera so I can record my matches.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
It's not huge, per se. It can fit a car, a golf cart, and a lawn mower. If it can't fit everyone, we could relegate them to the barn until it was their match or something. Space shouldn't be a problem if we do it at my house.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Hmm, whatever we decide we probably have to think of it fast. This way we can have proper plans before people lose interest.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
The garage kinda sounds......iffy. Just make sure it would be a fun environment to play in and that you can get the necessary supplies, aka TV's, cubes, tables, chairs, possibly food. All in all just make sure that the space the tourney is being held wont adversly affect the "fun factor".

If we were to have this in Raleigh assuming everyone could make it. Then we would have a very nice venue and all of the supplies that we would need. All I'm saying is consider doing it in Raleigh cause that's a sure thing. Just PM lord Karn to get the ok from him. I have been to garage tourneys before........ they arent the best venue and they sure dont beat in side a house with plenty of room to play and close to resturants.

Matta_Mario

Smash Rookie
do you have a community college or something near by? you could talk to them, they always have open classes at certain times in the day, nice big rooms, tables for miles, youd have to bring your own tvs and what not but im tellin ya its the promised land if i ever heard of one.

J-Chance

Smash Rookie
There is a large NC tournament coming up in Goldsburo. The event itself is called the G2Expo.

The event encompasses many aveunes of gaming. During the day, there will be many, MANY stations for both CASUAL and tournament play.

The event is on Jan 27th, 2007. Please check out the thread, and post in it to show your support.

Also, Jwong is coming down with us to ensure a competitve event. We all look forward to seeing ya'll.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=94137

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
Nothing personal, but you could you post about that in that thread? I'd rather you not advertise some other tournament in my thread.

If I had a place in Raleigh, I'd be holding it there. I don't live all that near Raleigh, so I don't know the neighborhood much at all. If there is a good place, I'm hoping somebody who actually lives there will tell me.

(*Glares at Malk*)

Toshiba

Smash Apprentice
well talk to lord karn, because wake is pretty far for me and my friends and i think most people are nearer to raleigh. Im not sure about this, but there is a place near us, in moore county (near pinehurst) where we could probably have it, but i think that may be too far for this tournament. Let me know, and if not, we will probably just have one here in a couple months or something for whoever can.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Yup lol. Does anyone have a problem if it's in Raleigh though? If not, then all we have to do is get the ok from Lord Karn.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
****ing hell! Not Raleigh! I'd come if it wasn't so far.. If I could get a ride with someone, then yeah, I'd go. I need practice anyway. Munkaid was my first tourney and I sucked there. XD.

IntegraKid88

Smash Rookie
Raleigh is cool........i guess im driving all these people......im really looking forward to this one now its got lots of good people going im ready to be beaten badly......lets just hurry and find some specifics for location and time.....oh and that guy posting that other tournament was the one we were talking about Mario....so i guess i found t....kinda

Malk

Smash Champion
Raleigh is always fine. We can have smashfests or tournaments whenever, really, and Karn just loves cleaning up y'alls messes.

Ummm. Ok? Anything more?
The address is..I dunno. 5170 Brilliant Drive or something, Raleigh, NC, some zip code. Ask Pac. Pac knows the way.

and everyone: Lord karn just got into UNC-Chapel Hill. Be sure to congratulate him. Soon we will have tournaments going on there since David and him will both be attending. They have a huge smash population up there, everyone just sucks. Wish him luck.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Lord Karn you are too good. I wanna rematch with my Link vs. your Marth! Also have you learned how to play a secondary character yet? Anyways I'll let the rest of YGO know about this and we should have a really good turn out!!

Matta_Mario

Smash Rookie
good stuff integra, youre still the man lol. maybe youll meet steven that guy that told me about it and uses link. ive seen some **** do amazing things with link, but steven aint a *** so i dont think he will be much lol.

Top Bottom