• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wake County, NC - 'Scrub Education' Tournament [Date and Location set]

Malk

Smash Champion
It'd be awesome if you could come to this Munkey. Matta, man, you're talking more than Zio. If you're going to talk that much start putting someone down, that's how we do things in NC. Call thundachild fat. Do it.

hockey007

Smash Cadet
Are doubles going to happen before singles or the other way around. or are they at the same time? It would be nice to not get there and not wait a long time. It's not that I don't enjoy watching smash... but I have better things to do on saturday mornings.

LotsaEggs

Smash Rookie
Would it be possible to have this tournament on sunday, the 21th? I have church on saturday night so I won't be able to make it if this is saturday night also.

Matta_Mario

Smash Rookie
you have church saturday night? not sunday morning? thats weird i guess.. idk i dont go to church. i wouldnt mind it happening on sunday, ive got things to do this weekend too and id rather do it friday or saturday, but doesnt matter, just hurry up and decide so i can make my plans for the weekend more solid, cant keep ppl up in the air. since when do we got to talk smack malk? ive lived in nc all my life and talkin down to ppl is pretty pointless lol. words will get you no where, action is whats gonna make noise. go ahead and ask integrakid about that lol. he may recall a bush.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Well, it seems as if this is gonna be my next tourney. Could we please get a solid date and location for this please. Also I had to lol at munkey being refered to as three. That is simply too good. Hope to see you there munk.

Matta_Mario

Smash Rookie
lol well accordin to your power list thing he is number three. number three of what idk.. the state? your little group? who knows.. idk , but you do lol. what i do know is you got my friend worried like hell. its so weird cause hes like the most competitive person ive ever known and now all the sudden he is like we cant beat them, they are pros, they are well known. you ppl changed my friend lol, the only way he will get his confidence back now is if one of us can win. apparently there are a bunch of not so good ppl coming too though so we can definately beat them at the very least.

Malk

Smash Champion
Hahaha! Us? Pros? We suck, actually.
Your friend will kick our *****.
Pac, why aren't you coming to the jubilee this Saturday?
I haven't done any advertising for it because I'm lazy, but it's still goin' down boy.

Matta_Mario

Smash Rookie
lol thats what i said, im like, man ive never heard of these guys in my life what do you mean they are well known? and who cares how many times you post. not like you are hurtin anyone and if so thats what nc boys do right? lol

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Well he is number three in North Carolina, that's what it means. And while your friend shouldn't be scared it deffinatly means something if your on the power rankings list. especially with a ranking as high as his. That being said munkey sucks :) But so do all of us, lol. Just play your best and everyone will have fun! yay!

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
wtf... why am i being bashed?... i will consistently 3 stock all of these new guys..

i would have said 4 stock... but i didnt want to sound arrogant :)

Malk

Smash Champion
I am going to go dressed as you and call myself Munkey, you know.

It's going to be fun.
I will downsmash.

Matta_Mario

Smash Rookie
so im pretty new to the tournament world and all but is this scrub ed somethin done a lot? or did this guy just make it up cause he, like most, are tired of everyone thinking they are a master because they can beat a lvl nine? and i dont know why id go to a tournament to be taught how bad i suck and how fast i can lose ten bucks or whatever it may turn out to be. so for this power list thing. whats the deal on that? i mean if youre sayin youre best in nc how do other ppl get a chance to see how good they are in nc? are you all friends or i mean how many ppl tried to get on this list?

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
Myself said:
The purpose of the NC power ranking thread and the goal of the voting members is to provide the players of NC and anyone interested in such a means to generally compare the skill of NC players. It is not meant to say that person 4 beats person 6 every time, yet to simply state that on a consistent basis, these players outrank others in tournaments or respected matches (i.e. money matches or rivalry matches).
i explained it there... and yes, we are all friends now i guess?.. if you live in NC and you are not on that list... its because you aren't good enough yet, or because you arent active in the tournament scene.....
There are a few players who are really close to being on the list.. players like karn and dollar.. and there are some players who just refuse to be on the list, like T.C. and TLOZ

Anyone that lives in NC has a chance to be on the list... you just have to consistently place high at tournaments

But yes, it is the "official" NC power ranking list. Those are the 15 best players in the state.
I'm in charge of the list because i have the largest tournaments in NC.. and everybody loves/respects me :)

anymore questions?

Matta_Mario

Smash Rookie
well then.. thats good enough for lol. my friend integra and i havent really been into the tournament scene as you put it. i wonder why those two you mentioned refuse to be on such a list. well itd be nice to make a list, but its not really my goal, but if you are the best in north carolina then i definately have to play you.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
make sure you come to my next tournament... usually all the best from around the state come

check the munkaid 5 thread for information

Matta_Mario

Smash Rookie
hahaha, youre a funny guy. i dont know why he is like this. he says he only talks **** when he knows he will when lol, so he is being cautious i guess. i on the other dont really give a **** lol. i dont get intimidated. either youre better than me or you arent. i could tell you that most people arent, but words dont prove a thing.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
i will money match you both as soon as i get a chance to play you if you want... just name your price... $10?

Matta_Mario

Smash Rookie
well i just asked integra lol he said **** that! but if he can beat or at least get close to beating malk or that pacstrike guy he would reconsider. are you going to this tournament? or youre just sayin anytime we could get together oneday later on?

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
i'm going to TRY to come to this tournament... but i'm saying anytime we have a chance to play in the future

i 2 stocked pac the first time i played him at the last tourny :) <3

Twiggy

Smash Lord
lol hey look guys. I'm the highest power ranked player in this thread. and I play all characters... even the ****ty ones.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Wow, I can see that you're getting pumped MattaMario. Good to see some fresh smashers that are serious about this game. (I'm one too obviously).

Malk

Smash Champion
haha this is all so gay.

Matta you can use as many characters as you want. In fact, counterpicking sheik against everyone is some people's idea of fun.

IntegraKid88

Smash Rookie
apparantly im having conversations that im not remembering but yeah mario is telling me how hes gonna beat number 12 and stuff....and although i would say that i am better than most in this game....thats not to say that im gonna go into a tournament against people ive never played against cocky.....its not even that they are ranked....i think even the ranked people know there are people better than them who could care less about tournaments and stuff....and i doubt the smarter ones see unranked people and go "o well they obviously arnt good enough to beat me".....not that these people are gods....but i do think the best way to get better is to play good people.....and I just won that tournament here....so its hard to shoot for something.....anyways i hope it will be on the 20th its better for me and it should be fun

Twiggy

Smash Lord
this whole sheik is the best excuse doesn't work anymore. It only meant something whenever everyone thought she was in her own god-like tier. She's not even top anymore. After 4 years of her being the "best" people have come up with ways to beat her. Maybe you should look up those ways.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
apparantly im having conversations that im not remembering but yeah mario is telling me how hes gonna beat number 12 and stuff....and although i would say that i am better than most in this game....thats not to say that im gonna go into a tournament against people ive never played against cocky.....its not even that they are ranked....i think even the ranked people know there are people better than them who could care less about tournaments and stuff....and i doubt the smarter ones see unranked people and go "o well they obviously arnt good enough to beat me".....not that these people are gods....but i do think the best way to get better is to play good people.....and I just won that tournament here....so its hard to shoot for something.....anyways i hope it will be on the 20th its better for me and it should be fun

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ "i think even the ranked people know there are people better than them who could care less about tournaments and stuff"

As a "ranked person" (#3)... i promise you are not good.. EVERYONE thinks they are good before they discover the real tourny scene..

one of us will humble you soon enough... no worries

Matta_Mario

Smash Rookie
lol number three youre a funny guy, and for integra, ive been keepin you in your actual way. its not like im talkin **** for you. im just sayin what is fact. i agree with number one about the shiek thing. if someone beats you with shiek its because you arent good enough to beat that player, it doesnt mean shiek is unbeatable. no character is, no player is.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Yeah, our tournament that you won would be considered a "scrub" tournament. No one used advanced tactics there. No offense to you of course. You have better reflexes and timing then me anyway. I knew how to wavedash but I can't properly utilize it yet. Course I'm also learned SHFFL and Ledgehopping, but once again I need to be able to use them in matches. Knowing how to do them means nothing. Using them correctly is key to victory. On that note, I suck quite a bit. That's why I'm trying to go to tournies, find some peeps to play against, and get better, and improve my craptacular timing/lack of mindgames.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Munkey tw stocked me first match ever.....devestating. Till' I came back next match and beat your peach with a fast faller ;). But anyways unfortunatly Munkey is porbably right about the humbling, that's just usually how it happens. Also the power rankings dont really mean that #12 always gets beat by #3. If someone is on the list then it means they are good, at least compared to the rest of the state. It would be highly unlikely that someone that none of us have played is better than us in the state. Especially if I have never played you cause I have pretty much played everyone that matters in the state (or have at least seen them play in person) and most of the people that dont matter too, lolz.

Also not to use Sheik as a john, but your sheik is good Twig that would be why I wouldn't want to play it, not because it's the character but because it's a character that your good with. ;) Also sheik is gay :).

EDIT: lol @ Twig being called #1. He can't be number 1 cause NC is too crappy to beat Adam. lolz.

Twiggy

Smash Lord
lol... yeah but you guys play smash all the time. Before munkaid 4, I went over a month without playing. Went to the tournament cold as hell with nothing new or even practiced lol. and STILL kicked all your ***es (other than adam).

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
Holy ****, where did all these posts come from?!

Well, anyway, I've been busy. Latin exam, pantsload of homework from English. Anyway, I'm really surprised at the reception this is getting. I expected a tiny tournament with me, my friends, and like six guys from school. But it looks like this thing will be huge. I called up Gamefrog, and they do allow us to play Gamecube if I reserve it for a party. So yeah, the tournament will probably happen there, on Saturday. Sorry to the guy with church that night, but Sunday is an inconvenient day for a tournament, and with some of us having monday off, some having friday, and some having both off, it's easiest to just stick with saturday. If I can find out the price and just how long the 'party' lasts, I'll let you all know. The plan is to have singles first, and then doubles afterwards. But yeah, we want to be fighting for money, so I'll charge either five or seven to enter each, and then split up the pot for paying Gamefrog, the winner, and a bit to second, too.
I might be selfish and keep some of it for me, FYI. >>;

Anyway, here is the plan I'm considering. 7 bucks for entry for either. The first bit of the pot goes to paying Gamefrog (actually, to pay me the amount Gamefrog charges, since I'll have already payed at that point). Half of what remains go to first place. Half of what's left goes to second, and third place gets their entry fee back. I'll probably keep the rest. I'm going with bracket-style tournament, because of how many people are coming. I was thinking Round Robin, but with this many people coming, we can't handle that. No time.

Any more input?

Edit: Frick. I just called, and they have insane prices. Seriously. It's ten dollars for two hours, per person. So if fifteen people come, they want 150 bucks. If I hold it there, I'll have to charge ten bucks for admission to split even, excluding the doubles tournament.

So, now what?

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
have it somewhere else.. anywhere with tables and chairs, and enough room for everyone... i dont know if i can even come to this yet

maybe do what i do... i charge a door fee and take 10% of the prize money to pay the rent for the building

Top Bottom