• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wake County, NC - 'Scrub Education' Tournament [Date and Location set]

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
Alright, sweet. So we can do it at your place, Lord Karn. That's good to hear. Does it still count as my tournament, or are you hijacking it since it's going to your house? >>

By the way, it's probably better if you don't use the word ****. It's a racial slur, not just a shortening of the name. See: WWII.

Malk

Smash Champion
Start at noon has worked. Doubles first, then singles. It's still your tournament.

But we're going to mug you if you try to keep any of the 'extra money'. That's not how things are done.

Also, do you expect us to provide tvs? I think it should be up to the scrubs to bring their own - that is the first step on the path to respectability in my eyes.

2_Percent

Smash Ace
Also, do you expect us to provide tvs? I think it should be up to the scrubs to bring their own - that is the first step on the path to respectability in my eyes.

haha..when is this tourney? maybe i'd be able to if i'm not busy with studios

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
cool i dont have to work that late that day. I get off at 11 that saturday so ill be there get ready pplz. Peace

l0ZR=)

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you ain't gotta worry about me keeping any money. I was mostly joking. Maybe.

Anyway, I have a TV I can bring, no problem. But I doubt we're going to get any scrubs to bring their own. These are people that have never heard of L-Cancels or Wavedashes, here. Hell, some of them probably don't even know what tilts are. I doubt they see this as anything serious enough to bring a TV to. How many TVs do you need? And do you need us to bring a cube for each TV we bring?

lord karn

Smash Master
@Pac: Uhhhh I sitll play Marth. I started to play ICs but that didn't work to well. I've been playing Luigi recently. I don't think he's very good yet, though. Maybe Falco. Hmmmmm.

IntegraKid88

Smash Rookie
Ok So
Place: Lord Karns place (Address Page 8)
Time: Noonish (12-1) untill finish
Events: Doubles First....Singles After
$10 dollar entry
Rules Ect: First Page

People
IntegraKid, MattaMario, Lord Karn, Malk, Negative Zero, Lozr, Dublio, Toshiba, Vincent....
i dont feel like going back and looking at any pages other than this....but i am also bringing a guest......so everyone tell how many people they are bringing so we can get an accurate count

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
yeah we are doing teams 1dt right. I found out i have to work 7 to 2 that day, so i will be late. I want to make singles doods. I would love to make teams =) work with me here.

Malk

Smash Champion
We can't wait to start until 3.... it'll go on forever if we do that. I dunno, I guess it's up to integrakid.

Toshiba

Smash Apprentice
Well me and vince are going together, and will be bringing each of our team mates for sure, as well as another 2 people most likely. So 6.

IntegraKid88

Smash Rookie
Well for the sake of all those driving for a good distance (namely me....i guess) i say we keep the doubles starting at one and Lozr is gonna have to settle for singles....i really rather not get home at 10pm just to make room for 1.....i have a group that probably feels the same and although none of the rest of them work....i have to work the next morning.....but im sure there will be time for you to play everyone and still have a good time

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
ill still have a good time yes i dont mind teams neway i just wanna make singles il get there round 230 so at least wait till then for singles if doubles is over

IntegraKid88

Smash Rookie
I dont see a problem with that........so we are still on for 12.....by 12 I mean everybody try and get there at 12 and we will wait 30 or so to see who shows up

Malk

Smash Champion
Yeah. We'll have stations set up by Friday night, so arrive any time you want. 6am smashing is a true man's pleasure.

The doubles should start at 12:34pm, with signups starting at noon. Singles will be after that, so don't worry Adam, it'll take until 4 at least. We'll probably have dinner in between too.

Looking forward to this everyone

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
i would rather do singles first if i come... i dont know how long we would be able to stay :(

Dublio

Smash Ace
Would it be ok if I brought my VCR along? Even though I'm unskilled, I would like to record myself being owned so that I can study my weaknesses and whatnot.

Malk

Smash Champion
We don't mind, as long as you set it up and don't whine when chocolate thunda smashes it.

Yeah sometimes when CT loses he stands up and roars
"Chooococoooollaateeee ThundaaaaaAAAAAAAHHH!"
and smashes vcrs

Dublio

Smash Ace
Lol, It's fine with me. The ability to record my matches is worth the chance of the VCR being broken. Stuff happens.

I also would like to see the mario ditto of Malk vs Matta. If they have one, of course. Hopefully we should have some arousing matches...err...interesting matches.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Malk mario ditto omgwtfbbq!!

Munkey what your doing is a b***h move.......Adam can't win if he isnt there to beat everyone, therefore singles should be second like they always are........but im not running it and i also hate that adam has so much of my money. >_> So up to the tourney runners.

Looking forward to this people, and maybe I can get in a Mario ditto with Malk, for epic-ness. Also adam let me save you a post and tell you that no one wants to play your mario. period. :)

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
my best friends birthday party is saturday night, and our ride would be leaving raleigh saturday to make it back for that party... so i have no choice.. i dont want to ride for 4 hours just to play in a doubles tourny... though we may not even go... MLK day has fcuked adams out of getting his check today... i guess i'll let you all know something soon

Malk

Smash Champion
The plan right now is to do singles first only if Munkey and Adams are in town for this tournament. We'll know by Wednesday.

Doubles will be second, then DRAFT CREW friendlies.

whoooo draft crew whoooo

Does anyone know if the rest of YGO is coming? They haven't posted anything in weeks.

Pac we're still team cape right?

LotsaEggs

Smash Rookie
I'm just wondering, what's Draft Crew Friendlies? Also, is there a reason why Twiggy is only allowed to use certain characters? Is it because he is extremely good?

Malk

Smash Champion
Well crew matches are when a group of people share a large number of stock, and each player plays until all of his/her stock are gone, then the next person takes his/her place. It's a long series of 1:1s designed to pit an entire crew against another whole crew.

Draft Crews are when two people are team captains and take turns picking players out of a large pool to be in their crew.

Friendly would imply free entry. Just for fun.

And Twiggy can use whoever the **** he wants, he just gets bored easily.

Top Bottom