• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waiting Room Achievements

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff
- Make a complete round trip from one ledge to the same ledge

Kirby
- Cross the bottom of the stage

Luigi

Snake
- Without Cypher, get a Star KO from 0% taking only 2 hits

Sonic

Wario
- Eat 4 Sandbags without touching the ground

Browny

Smash Hater
Jigglypuff

complete an entire loop of the stage, from one edge, all the way over and under the stage back to the same edge without touching anything, including grabbing the ledge on the way back :D

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Not destroying my Wii after waiting in there for 1/2 an hour ><

Kirby under the stage.

That's about it I guess.

Cleo555

Smash Cadet
Hmm star k0ing urself in the waiting room if possible! I think only a few characters can do that including Wario, Snake, Link, and Toon link.

bobson

Smash Lord
Spend two consecutive hours in the Basic Brawl waiting room legitimately (IE: no connection problems, with Basic Brawl functioning normally) without finding a match.

This one shouldn't be hard.

Holty

Smash Apprentice
Leaving the waiting room to subsequently quit WIFI play altogether.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
getting under the stage with snake. takes alot of practice :D
How the F did you do that???

Is the waiting room stage longer than FD? Is it identical in design but for its length? I ask cause I've never really known but I suspect they are the same but for their length cause Kirby has an easier time going under FD than Practice stage it seems...

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Not letting the punching bag touch the ground or fall off the edge before the brawl begins :D

oh wait sorry someone already said that lol

Shawk

Smash Rookie
I like to hit the Sandbag in the air and see how long it takes to hit the ground. My record is like 43 seconds. :p

BSP

Smash Legend
How the F did you do that???

Is the waiting room stage longer than FD? Is it identical in design but for its length? I ask cause I've never really known but I suspect they are the same but for their length cause Kirby has an easier time going under FD than Practice stage it seems...
The waiting room is longer.

Can anyone make it under with Lucas?

Holty

Smash Apprentice
I kept the sandbag up for 8 minutes with Sonic. Could've easily been longer, but the timer ran out and I cbb'ed to go on anyway.

UberMario

Smash Master
Snake
-KO'ing the Sandbag with a Cardboard Box
-Dying off the top of the screen

Mario
-Preventing the Sandbag from EVER touching the ground using ONLY FLUDD while waiting about 60 seconds for a "With Anyone" match to start
-Returning to the stage after falling downwards completely off-screen
-Returning to the stage after falling downwards completely off-screen AND knocking the sandbag back on to the stage when it was ALSO off the bottom of the screen
-Knocked the Sandbag off the stage by only walking into it

Kirby
-Eating two Sandbags without touching the ground

Captain Falcon
-Six perfect Knees of Justice in a row.

Yoshi
-999% damage to the Sandbag within two minutes

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Don't mean tk drag this up, but anyone who thinks WR is longer than FD is foolish.
You're kidding, right? Try going under FD and WWR with Kirby. It's much harder to do WWR, and you don't even have to go as low as you do for FD. :dizzy:

Manaboy

Smash Cadet
you must of been really bored or something to be spending that much time

Don’t know how old this post is and couldn’t really care, less

Anyway assuming all of you player are of the USA version, you lot must of been really bored or something to be spending that much time in the waiting room, :confused:

Blame the hackers/cheaters and above all the creators of USB gecko for making such device that allowed hacking, it’s nothing new, PSO on the GC had the same problem and that was because of ARmax. :(

I mean there is no one ever on “with anyone” mode, you’d have a better chance finding someone on the Japanese version and even that's drying up,
It a good thing that the UK/Pal version it still alive and kicking but with the recent cheating ******* that come on around midnight that’ll end up the same way. :(

Don’t know if you remember but back in the days there was some hackers that done so much to make Gamecube games play online via Lan with ARCS (Action Replay Control simulator) and there was so many people begin for Smash brother melee support, that was very buggy anyway Brawl was the answer to wanting to play online but now the USA have killed the goose that lays the golden egg.

PS it’s really hard to find a legit match these days, sad, really.

Your better off playing MKWii specially having backup hacks to fight fire with fire as it were, whenever there are ******** cheaters on…. Then again the USA where never ones to play fair :ohwell:

I am just glad that Nintendo decided to lock the region on SSBB. :chuckle:

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman

Anyway assuming all of you player are of the USA version, you lot must of been really bored or something to be spending that much time in the waiting room, :confused:

Blame the hackers/cheaters and above all the creators of USB gecko for making such device that allowed hacking, it’s nothing new, PSO on the GC had the same problem and that was because of ARmax. :(

I mean there is no one ever on “with anyone” mode, you’d have a better chance finding someone on the Japanese version and even that's drying up,
It a good thing that the UK/Pal version it still alive and kicking but with the recent cheating ******* that come on around midnight that’ll end up the same way. :(

Don’t know if you remember but back in the days there was some hackers that done so much to make Gamecube games play online via Lan with ARCS (Action Replay Control simulator) and there was so many people begin for Smash brother melee support, that was very buggy anyway Brawl was the answer to wanting to play online but now the USA have killed the goose that lays the golden egg.

Your better off playing MKWii specially having backup hacks to fight fire with fire as it were, whenever there are ******** cheaters on…. Then again the USA where never ones to play fair :ohwell:

Wtf are you talking about. I rarely see hackers on With Anyone and every time I do, they just want a Taunt Party. And every time I go on With Anyone there's always plenty of people.

And your whole post has pretty much nothing to do with WWR achievements and is just bashing the US and the few hackers there who are just trying to make a TAUNT PARTY. Seriously, every Giga Bowser/Warioman I've seen only attacks people who attack him :dizzy:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
The waiting room is longer.

Can anyone make it under with Lucas?
I thought so, and ha! I would really love to see a vid of it happening if it's even possible, it's hard enough to go under FD, but waiting room ... nah.

Don't mean tk drag this up, but anyone who thinks WR is longer than FD is foolish.
Originally I thought they were same, but after a while I noticed how much easier it is to go under FD than the waiting room. And it's not just cause of the clearance space UNDER the stage to the blast zone, it's cause it's longer. Kirby -barely- makes it... he has to expend at least 2 side-b's and all his jumps AND his up-b (fully extended reach), where as going under FD I've made w/no side-b's or if I do side-b say, twice, I have extra jumps/don't need to up-b.

Well being new to the site, the age of the OP (original post) is displayed under OP poster's information. It was 12-16-2009, 07:52 PM

You should not assume, ever, but SWF actually is home to posters from around the world. Those of us in the US that enjoy WA mode have spent lots of time in the waiting room. Not necessarily because it takes so long to find matches, but because of how many logins we've had. I can boast over 25 thousand matches in WA mode.

Blame the hackers for what? A hacker is the one who has to wait, and you'd know that but for your poor assumptions (again). Having hacked myself, one of the most popular hacks is to play with 2 people on one Wii. This hack requires you be the host room, and others must join you, rather than you joining another room already in progress. This often leads to longer wait periods.

Playing the Japanese version does NOT hook you up suddenly with Japanese players in Japan. LOL! And no, the US region is not suddenly dead on WA mode. Around this time of year for 2 years straight Brawl has been purchased and played by newcomers. And I get matches daily, and with typically low wait times.

lolwut? No really, you need to rewrite that, it's illegible. I -think- you're trying to blame hackers in the US for ruining your WA experience in EU? If that is the case, let me correct you on that... the US and EU regions do not interact at all in WA. Players in WA can only connect to players on their own continent.

Again, this is YOUR experience. I find legit players often.

Ugh, again with the broken syntax. Proofread before posting, please, it's courteous and will gain you more positive (or useful) feedback. It sounds like you're suggesting MKWii is "better" because at least you can fight Hackers with... your own hacks? o.O Ok, first, no. And secondly, lol! And third, actually Nintendo instituted WIFI bans... because of MKWii hacking. Yeah. -.-

WHAT? Dude, half of what you said before was assuming there was not a regional lock on SSBB, but now we see you actually know there is!?

I want my 5 minutes back. If I don't have it inside of week, you're toast. :mad:

j/k new guy. welcome to SWF, home of the indigent, unappreciated, and the volatile.

RickyPro

Smash Cadet
With Peach:
I pulled (In this order) Beam Sword, Bomb, Stitchface. Like... right after another.
And
with Somehow I changed pokemon in the air. Glitch I guess. But still, accomplished.

Holty

Smash Apprentice
Getting under the stage with Link...

Anyone tried getting under with Yoshi?

Manaboy

Smash Cadet
You should not assume, ever, but SWF actually is home to posters from around the world. Those of us in the US that enjoy WA mode have spent lots of time in the waiting room. Not necessarily because it takes so long to find matches, but because of how many logins we've had. I can boast over 25 thousand matches in WA mode.
Oh that’s surprising, last time I looked, nearly all of the yanks on fsmash.org said that nobody plays the With anyone mode.

Those of us in the US that enjoy WA mode have spent lots of time in the waiting room
I can boast over 25 thousand matches in WA mode
I could’ve said the same about the pal version, I’ve played over 7026+ hours (not including SSE)

Blame the hackers for what? A hacker is the one who has to wait, and you'd know that but for your poor assumptions (again). Having hacked myself, one of the most popular hacks is to play with 2 people on one Wii. This hack requires you be the host room, and others must join you, rather than you joining another room already in progress. This often leads to longer wait periods.
Like I didn’t already know that................ I was on about the Hit lag and the other lag hacks that makes the game run 00.1 FPS

Playing the Japanese version does NOT hook you up suddenly with Japanese players in Japan. LOL! And no, the US region is not suddenly dead on WA mode. Around this time of year for 2 years straight Brawl has been purchased and played by newcomers. And I get matches daily, and with typically low wait times.

Oh is that so, you sound so much like an idiot, read my post on the link below, I have verified this myself, its not console region dependent its more game region, I posted about SSBB being region locked ages ago.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223252

lolwut? No really, you need to rewrite that, it's illegible. I -think- you're trying to blame hackers in the US for ruining your WA experience in EU? If that is the case, let me correct you on that... the US and EU regions do not interact at all in WA. Players in WA can only connect to players on their own continent.
Nope wrong again, I was on about this App that can be found at this link

http://fuzziqer.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3

This was a difficult attempt to make SBM online butin the end, SSBB done a professional job of this but hackers had to try and make SSBB more like melee, overall ruining it

Again, this is YOUR experience. I find legit players often.
Me and nearly everyone on fsmash.org

Ugh, again with the broken syntax. Proofread before posting, please, it's courteous and will gain you more positive (or useful) feedback. It sounds like you're suggesting MKWii is "better" because at least you can fight Hackers with... your own hacks? o.O Ok, first, no. And secondly, lol! And third, actually Nintendo instituted WIFI bans... because of MKWii hacking. Yeah. -.-
The banning is useless as one can prevent Nintendo from banning them

WHAT? Dude, half of what you said before was assuming there was not a regional lock on SSBB, but now we see you actually know there is!?

I want my 5 minutes back. If I don't have it inside of week, you're toast. :mad:
Well that makes two of us, I want my 5 minutes back too :chuckle:

j/k new guy. welcome to SWF, home of the indigent, unappreciated, and the volatile.
Whatever…………

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Lol Mana there are no "lag hacks" that work on wifi. It's just lag from the crappy WFC, not hackers, rofl. If you try to use a lag changer or w/e on wifi it'll just desynch you. *coughyoureanidiotcough*

bobson

Smash Lord
Like I didn’t already know that................ I was on about the Hit lag and the other lag hacks that makes the game run 00.1 FPS
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

djm111

Smash Cadet
Ice Climbers - Carry the Sandbag from one end of the WWR to the other using only Blizzard.
- KO the Sandbag with an Ice Block (the Sandbag must not be touching the ground when the Ice Block hits)
Luigi - Taunt Spike the Sandbag
(Multiple players needed, in the Waiting Room of the With Friends mode) Get two Luigi's to star KO each other from the top of the waiting room at approximately the same time using non sweetspotted Up+B's. (One of you can probably explain this better than me)

Snake - Selfdestruct 30 times while the Sandbag is not visible on the screen (This one requires you to stick C4 to the Sandbag)

Wario - Eat a Sandbag while it is not visible, off the top of the screen) (Fully charged Wario Waft required)

Top Bottom