• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wait, WHAT? : Smash Bros Brawl Tourney. CANCELED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Hey, that would be great! Some SoCal support would be awesome. After all, Az DID manage to make it to OC3 and probably Super Champ Combo too. It's not much of a drive anyway.

If we continue with this rate of support, we'll likely make it into a larger format. Perhaps a 2 day event? How good would Brawl Crews be?

I've already begun looking into venues. The Phoenix Convention Center is about as nice as they come. Brand new, huge, accommodating, everything you could want from a venue seriously. But they look like they book up kind of quickly. One or two of the smaller rooms might be possible though. (Even the small rooms are advertised to hold >200 people with ease) I'll have to look more into it. In the meantime though, keep the excitement growing!
My gamertag is actually: FlyLeef, not Lesheik. That's my username on here. xD

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, this tournament seriously needs a name... It should be a backronym (Where you make the name first, and then come up with what it stands for later)

Possible takers:

BASHER----(Brawl Absolutely Should Have Extra Ridley's)
SPIKE ----(Several Pylon Inventories are Keenly Exasperated)
SMASH----(Some More Alcohol Should Help)
HELPING CHILDREN THROUGH RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT (Don't get me started...)

More to come as I think of them

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Might visit or something Tony? I know you can't back down from a challenge. Besides, everyone's coming.

I'm gonna put you down cuz I know that between now and December you'll be pumped. :)

PS: Once we get around 30 ppl, I'll advertise the tourney in the Tournament Discussion section. Don't I have to be a "tournament organizer" to do that though? I'll have to apply I guess...

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm up for it. If I can't make a ****ed name for myself in melee, then you can tell all your friends that I sure as hell will in brawl.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, Israel? Do YOU want to come?! Haha

And I doubt that will be completely true. I know the players around in Az here are pretty good at noticing little tricks and finding ways to counter them. If someone discovers the equivalent to the "Wavedash back + forward smash", I don't think a single technique will carry them the whole way through the tourney.

AfroZero

Smash Cadet
I don't usually plan months in the future, but I will come down from Texas to play with ya'll if I can. Oh yeah. I said "ya'll". How do you like that authentic Texas lingo?

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
hmm...that ya'll sounds fake, where are you really from?

i'll come to this! especially if im already living in phx by then! woo hoo

Goop

Smash Journeyman
I don't usually plan months in the future, but I will come down from Texas to play with ya'll if I can. Oh yeah. I said "ya'll". How do you like that authentic Texas lingo?
WE LOVE YOU AFROZERO!!!!!!!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
ROFL: Hey, does that mean you'll come down? How badass would it be to start off brawl with a good SoCal Vs Az rivalry? Az's coming to Super Champ Combo, so the way I see it, you owe us anyway. ;)

Maxxx: Thanks, and I dunno about color. I'm not in the Tourney Organizer group. I should probably apply, huh?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's pretty easy--I mean I got it. Although I probably only got it because of affirmative action. I love America.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
S. ome
M. ore
A. lchahol
S. hould
H. elp
!
!
!

My favorite, anyways...

South Paw is done with Melee... But he will be playing Brawl (until it's brokenness is revealed :-P )... and he will DEFINITELY be at this tournament...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Southern Utah might attend this madness. (All two of us.)

The Salt Lake City smashers are getting kind of boring. :p

PS: Sorry for busting up the club, ChaosTheory. I'm a post *****.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like that Rob... only if we could get an acronym for "wait" too... gimme a sec...

EDIT: Maybe:

With All It Takes, We're Having A Tournament
or maybe
Whatever Aspirin It Takes, We're Having A Tournament

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
also i vote for wait, what

considering its in my avatar....

>_>

oh and Xsyven we will just consider you as about 2 and half posts...so its still the 700 club.......

South_Paw

Smash Ace
LOL, maybe dan... maybe.. and trent, i cut my hair really short and im wearing my glasses again... so i might :p... i just need to dye my hair again, LOL

also, i saw that peach will be in brawl... therefore, i will not be playing it...... maybe...

AXE 09

Smash Master
*gasp* you put tucson and phoenix on the list of attendates, but not SV???? i think you should put SV on that list and put me under it :) actually put me as a maybe cuz i'm not sure if i can get a ride yet lol

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
WAIT, WHAT? 1:

We're All In Together, We're Having A Tournament.
With All It Takes, We're Having a Tournament.
Wonderful Action, Incredible Tournout, We're Having A Tournament.
Wow, Another Is Transpiring... We're Having A Tournament.

Or, WHAT Tournament? Who Hosts All These Tournaments?

Acronyms.
Amazingly Consistent Reminders Of Nerdiness; Yes, Maybe So.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Game II (The man responsible for the live OC3 blog and non-DVD videos) has expressed an interest in covering WW1 in some fashion. This would indeed be a mutually beneficial merger of talents. More to come of this as it breaks.

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
I'll try to convince my "crew" to go.

*EDIT*

WildWookie smashed his hands against the keyboard...and posted before I wanted to...

But uh yah, I'm quite interested in this. We all know Zelda is going to get an awesome buff and be the next Marth. ;-)

<3

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Yes, that is exactly what will happen. Did you guys see the new Brawl update? Zelda looks like she wants to take care of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom