• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WABA - *Road To Apex* - $500+ Pot Bonus! - Less Than a Month Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
By the way guys, pre registering is going to end tuesday (Nov. 6th). Sign up so we can get you housing if you haven't.

We will be doing some variation of bracket pools, we are still discussing how we're doing it, but it'll be bracket pools for sure. No doubles pot bonus or pools.

I can't house anyone at all anymore, sorry, I have a family issue on the weekend of the tournament where a lot of my family will be staying at my house over the weekend :/. Here is something that I wrote up and it's' copied and pasted for ride housing/housing info:

So basically if you need housing and you're not FL then you can stay at the venue for $3 a night. There's nothing there but floorspace an AC, we'll have some pillows and blankets, but not a lot so if you can bring your own or a sleepingbag then good. It's $3 a night.
So here's how rides are going to work for anyone I'm giving a ride to (Player-1). You will HAVE to take Marta to me. Marta is Atlanta's biggest public transportation system, it consist of a rail station and busses, but you probably don't need to worry about MARTA busses. If you are taking Megabus you are dropped off RIGHT at a Marta rail station. All you have to do is walk down the stairs and go to one of the machines and buy a breeze card for $1, load two trips (this is your ride to me and your ride back) on to it which is $5 so $6 total. Here is a map of the Marta's route:
http://www.itsmarta.com/rail-schedules-or-route.aspx
Megabus drops you off at the Civic Center on the red/gold line. You are trying to get to North Springs Station on the Red line (furthest one North). So once you have your trips loaded on the breeze card just go scan your card by the gate and walk through, and then get on the station going NORTHBOUND! At the top of the train/shuttle thingy will be an electric sign saying which line the train is on. You want to be on the red line, but if it says gold line then that's fine too, you're just going to have to tranfser to the red line by the latest at the lindbergh station. If you're getting here after 7 pm then you're going to have to take the gold line first and tranfser to the red line because the red line stops operating in that area after 7 pm. When you're transferring all you gotta do is step off of the train, wait til next train comes and get on (if it says red line on it).
If you're flying in then you'll still have to take Marta to get to me, it's still $6 a trip and you still want to be on the Red line going Northbound to North Springs station, you'll just be starting from where the map says "airport" instead. There'll be signs in the airport around the luggage pick up to where MARTA is.
After you get to me I'll pick you up and drop you off at the venue. I'll be charging ~$5 in gas, maybe a bit less (this will cover any rides I'm giving you though).
So basically for marta: Go North, Be on Red Line, if you are on Gold line transfer to red line at lindbergh, get to North Springs.
Cost for housing and rides will be like $17 at worst.
SO IF YOU'RE FROM OUT OF STATE AND NOT FL AND NEED HOUSING (unless you specifically talked to DRN about any exceptions) REGARDLESS IF YOU NEED A RIDE OR NOT YOU NEED TO POST HERE SO I KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE I CAN TELL THE VENUE OWNER TO EXPECT. IF YOU NEED A RIDE YOU NEED TO TELL ME WHEN YOU'RE ARRIVING AND WHEN YOU'RE DEPARTING SO YOU'RE NOT MISSING YOUR RIDE OUT OF HERE. YOU CAN POST HERE OR TALK TO ME OVER AIM/SKYPE/FB.
IF YOU'RE ARRIVING ANY OTHER WAY THAT'S NOT MEGABUS OR PLANE THEN YOU NEED TO POST SOMETHING NOW SO WE CAN WORK OUT A WAY TO GET YOU.

since a lot of you are also reading this post let me take this time to reiterate this. The Alabama Smash League will be recording most singles bracket tournament matches using their SD card system. Basically they can use a hack on some SD cards they have to hack wiis without homebrew so it has force replay and infinite replay on. We have like 16+ of these SD cards for sure, and probably some others. WHEN YOU GET DONE WITH A MATCH SAVE IT TO THE SD CARD, NOT THE WII. After the tournament we'll collect the SD cards up and upload it to this channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmashBrosTVLive?feature=g-user-u

Also guys bring setups. If you're taking a bus or plane or something here and can't bring a TV at least bring a wii please, it'll help a lot.

and there was actually an update to the above copy and pasted message about housing and rides. The venue might not be available for housing Saturday night due to an event going on Sunday morning for something completely unrelated. If not, don't worry about it. We'll get you housing, but we're figuring this stuff out ASAP.

quoted for this page ^^

Rood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rood2790
Getting hype. Just wondering will there be a stream if I cant make it?

(sry if i missed that in the post)

8Bitman

Smash Master
When I pre-Reg'd I only said that I was entering Singles and didn't know about doubles. Now I know I am teaming with Stingers, should I re-pre-register?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Is there anyone who would be willing to help upload just for this tournament?
I can upload from my college internet connection most likely. I have no idea how I will get your SD card back to you though.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hey, Does anyone have the codes for save all replays and such?

I would like to provide as many replays as possible for the ASL while i'm here.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I mean, I can give you details now. Do you have a capture card? If you have a capture card, an SD card, and a good internet connection, then you are good to go.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Alright, housing stuff is figured out. You can stay the venue both nights for $5, one night for $3. Everyone must be out of the venue by 8 am Sunday morning though. So the only people I know I'm giving rides to right now are:
-mjg
-ally
-holynightmares (no, not holy from Canada, other Holy)

I think NC needed rides from megabus too right? I need to know who you are and what your arrival/departure times are so I can make arrangements for pick ups and drop offs.

SHAWDY

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShawdyLink
Hey, Does anyone have the codes for save all replays and such?

I would like to provide as many replays as possible for the ASL while i'm here.
If you are asking for the replay hack that allows you to save any replay over 3:00 minutes then here you go. I will also throw in the tags replay as well.

Unlimited replay
040EB804 60000000

Tags In replays
0404B140 38A00000

You're welcome :)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Oh. I already got those on my Wii, thanks shawdy.
I was referring to the save every single replay no matter what code. Like, it saves it for you.

Cam hooked me up tho. Shootout.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
ANYBODY PLANNING TO GO TO APEX: (or anyone that wants to fly somewhere soon)

Spirit is having some crazy deal right now which ends TONIGHT (i believe)

if u sign in and in the promotion code you type "50off"
you can get rediculously cheap fairs, regardless of the time.

Just got Apex tickets for myself, Brianna LoliLovesRain Constable and David Seibrik Silberberg for $382.74!

Basically reposting in case people didn't see David post it.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
ANYBODY PLANNING TO GO TO APEX: (or anyone that wants to fly somewhere soon)

Spirit is having some crazy deal right now which ends TONIGHT (i believe)

if u sign in and in the promotion code you type "50off"
you can get rediculously cheap fairs, regardless of the time.

Just got Apex tickets for myself, Brianna LoliLovesRain Constable and David Seibrik Silberberg for $382.74!

Basically reposting in case people didn't see David post it.
Did the tickets cost that much each or total, because holy **** if it's total.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Umm I don't even know if spirit airlines is a national chain. Don't get everyone's hopes up unless it is

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Good enough I guess. Long as it isn't just the southeast, since some smaller airlines are regional only. Just want to make sure

Cause last time everyone was posting in here about the southwest deal they had and this tourney wasn't even eligible :laugh:

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom