• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

who would drive? stig? im down

EDIT: think i might update the first post, ****s ugly

EDIT 2: i think we should get in the habit of updating this every 2 months. we need more people to go to tournaments so we can have more than one per month, we get no practice lol. everyone needs to hurry up and get as good as me and shane so me and him can get better faster.

we need a panel, who wants to be a panelist? we (toph) should start renting out that UW venue for tournaments in between gc. there always seems to be a pretty good turn out at the friday fests, i bet we could get enough people for a tournement.

and everyone practice your tech skill, you guys play like you have arthritis

actually we dont need a panel, well just have everyone talk about it in this thread and see what we come up with, unless you guys would rather have a panel lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
we need a panel, who wants to be a panelist? we (toph) should start renting out that UW venue for tournaments in between gc. there always seems to be a pretty good turn out at the friday fests, i bet we could get enough people for a tournement.

and everyone practice your tech skill, you guys play like you have arthritis

actually we dont need a panel, well just have everyone talk about it in this thread and see what we come up with, unless you guys would rather have a panel lol
I'm down for that, we just gotta tell em a bit in advance.

and man you better not have been referring to me in the arthritis bit

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
WA PR = fail, top 4 should be God status cuz no one else in WA can top them, i mean sh!7 a rusty DJ Combo can still wreck just about everyone in WA sept for the top 4 on the PR
haha no

i was ****** the **** out of nate the last time we played (TP 4)

anthony you don't even play us, why do you bother posting when you have no idea how good anyone is?

@shane: probably down for that OSU tourney

Eggz

Smash Hero
woah theres a pokemon called noctowl?

dangit it sounded tighter when I read it while skimming cuz i combined it with adam's "black-a-lack" and got nacalactowl and nack a lack is a cute sound

i think ill just give up comprehensive reading in favor of more humorous skimming

so far toobusy is driving to the OSU thing, but I was hoping Vish or Kline would offer to drive that way we can have 2 or 3 carpools.
thatd be cool to have a couple melee carpools.
i know mikes always down to go to oregon if I go through the trouble of calling him

so lets assume we have some open carpool spots

Vish's carpool if he drives
Vish
Toph
Shane
Otto
?OPEN

Toobusy/Stig's carpool
Brawl players 1-5 possible open spots

Zeru's carpool
Zeru
Open
Open
Open

So Andy, Kline, Vista, etc.? Anyone down?

Also we definitely should start hosting biweeklies (GC as one of them)
Im down for $5-10 entry payout to top4 or 5 depending on how many entrants (at non gc. GC always 10)
And when all of you get good enough to be confident we can start doing things like leagues (theres already gonna be a melee NW league ran through gc starting with may GC, so you guys should try to take some sets off me and otto for that)

also whats the deal with all you guys who post in here hella but i still dont know what you look like (pandacheck)

go to tournaments jeesh man

edit: lol jeesh man sounds like a slur

the arthritis comment was directed at everyone but me >_>
well update this after gc.

toph, nate said he would **** you

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Well, there's a reason I play like I have arthritis xD I dunno what the rest of WA's excuse is.
You have arthritis? o_O

and omfg otto I ****ing swear if I wasn't in college and had a part time job and played like 4 video games competitively I would make you look like a sloppy piece of ****

but sadly i'm not kline ziingngggngngng

Vista

Smash Journeyman
LMAO Toph hahahahaha

Also I'd be down for tournies at UW

EDIT: Assuming John is down, lol

EDIT2: inb4 john saying "im fat"

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Toph even then I dont think you would be more technical than otto.

Ur at least 2 years behind.

Eggz-just a suggestion, but when you bring up tourneys and **** that you want ppl to be interested in or persuade them to go to. You should give some more information such as time, date, calculated gas cost, or a thread link.

and yes its because ppl are lazy, or something just dont know which tourney you are talking about and it takes more time for them to inquire about the information then to just have been given it.

Its kinda like saying such as this: but its wayyyyy tighter.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Toph, you dont know what my personal life is like. You have no idea what I do when Im not at your apt 1-2 times a month. I dont actually sit a home and smash all day.

Not to mention, I didnt say anything about my tech skill. I just said even if you had nothing else to do, you wouldnt be more technical than otto, who works and also goes to skool.

I just take awhile to warm up. and thats the truth. I dont come anywhere near warmed up after 10 games as you do.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Toph, you dont know what my personal life is like. You have no idea what I do when Im not at your apt 1-2 times a month.
EXACTLY O_O

youre a mystery

and thats why I was asking lol

edit: like I wasn't even THINKING about smashfest yesterday, let alone insinuating that I thought you played bad - I was just responding to your post :P

and yea my response to otto was semi-joking, I mean, he's Silent Wolf.

Vista

Smash Journeyman
i have horrible techskill but i can do double lasers which look impressive to most people get at me

i thought you were making some kline joke and werent serious about thinking youd be more technical than me if you had time toph. just thought id let you know that if you practiced as much as me id still be more technical lol. im the king of tech skill in whatever game i try to get good at. hmmph

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
all i know is that back at oc3 in the movie theater while we waited for the tournament to start you never once won that timing game to win an ipod in the airport.

NOT ONCE.

*sigh*

i'm really bored. and i haven't been bored in quite a long time lol

i got to the last one like 4 times. 2 of the times i obviously timed it right then it shifted, it wont let you win that easily lol.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
random post

yeah those things are rigged anyways, even if u get the timing right theres only a certain percentage that will let you get it, assuming were talking about the same thing

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
At first I didnt know what you were trying to say.

I was like K-On Ost ****in letters that dont mean **** lol.

But I guess Ill ask you , what its about cuz I need something to watch after bakemono guitaroman
I finished haruhi btw and it was aight. kinda cute but Im glad it wasnt longer or I think I would have lost interest. Idk if Im gonna watch the second and 3rd season.

C!Z

Smash Lord
You talkin bout the block stacker? I'm the **** at that lol. But yeah I time it perfectly and rarely get to the very top

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I know a guy in hawaii who spent more money than it would have cost him to buy a PSP on that game, while trying to win a PSP.

Top Bottom