• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I wasnt really mad or anything. I just didnt want to argue on boards. Again lol.

I was only getting across that I dont mind the jokes, cuz we all joke about each other no doubt.

but saying things that are untrue, or without reason, is kinda whack.

That be all really

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
this new age pokemon ****

what happened to good ol charmander and squirtle.

I happen to like cyndaquils evolution series.

Actually, after saying that, I want to play pokemon now. I guess I might go buy it

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i currently have in my party

hitmonchan
scyther
marowak
machamp
krabby
ho-oh

most are temporary

meaning i'm keeping hitmonchan scyther and marowak hahaha

but krabby is tyte

Jem.

Smash Master
in SoulSilver I'm at 70 hours Playtime and at 208 in my pokedex :].

The only legendary I don't have is Mew, Latias, Kyogre, Rayquaza. I even have an event Arceus in my PC if someone ever wants to do the event to pick between level 1 Dialga Palkia or Giratina. I have a Celebi too but it turned out to not be the event one. I have the other 16 or so in my PC :].

My team so far is Arcanine (Breeded him to learn a thunder move -- gg water pokemon nice attempt at a CP)

Munchlax (Get tanked!!!!!)

Jolteon (EV Trained Speed - SP Attack need I say more? Perfect lead off. Hidden Power Grass so I can beat Rock/Ground types)

Empoleon (Another tank but penguin style!! plus I love his first form piplup. Water Steel is too good)

And I don't know who else I want on my team for battling without banned pokes :p

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I think those are the things that specifically boost a certain kind of stat.

like playing against a certain breed of pokemon will give you higher strength when you level up, etc.

I didnt know it but pokemon was mad deep lol

Jem.

Smash Master
i have only started to EV train one pokemon. hard to EV train and practice brawl with people and play halo and beat final fantasy 13 X_X so much to do

Kira-

Smash Champion
EV training *****

the slow and boring turtle racing stuff is my favorite

the do something over and over again because there's a 1/58923 chance you might get it is really lame

Vista

Smash Journeyman
I don't play pokemon because getting a decent Jirachi for my lead is too much of a pain

Vista

Smash Journeyman
IV breeding is bad enough, but not being able to IV breed (legendaries) is just plain annoying.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
hmmm, actually, somebody willing to explain EV training to me?

and a few ways of doing it, as if I had not played the newer versions of pokemon, such as after crystal.

Vista

Smash Journeyman
hmmm, actually, somebody willing to explain EV training to me?

and a few ways of doing it, as if I had not played the newer versions of pokemon, such as after crystal.
Basically when you fight a pokemon, your pokemon receives EV points in a certain stat depending on what pokemon you beat. You can't see these points though, you have to keep track of them as you go.

Your pokemon can have 510 EVs total, 255 max in a given stat. However, EVs only impact your stats in multiples of 4s, so giving a pokemon more than 252 EVs in a stat is a waste, and nothing past 508 EVs total will make a difference, leaving 2 left over EVs in the end

You can also get EVs through vitamins like proteins and stuff, each one gives 10 EVs to a stat I believe, and you can get up to 100 EVs in a stat with vitamins. There's also other ways to EV train more effectively.

You can also reset your EVs through use of certain berries if you don't know what EVs your pokemon has. It's important to know that you need to level once before EVs take effect, so if your pokemon is already level 100, changing it's EVs won't do anything.

So take a jolteon for example. Jolteon needs SpA and Spe. So when allotting EVs, you'd put 252 in SpA and 252 in Spe. The extra 4 usually go into HP.

With other pokemon that might use both special and physical attacks, you need to be more balanced in allotting EVs. There's also different combinations to maximize a pokemon's defense, which is important with walls like blissey.

You also probably wanna look up IVs and natues. Natures are pretty simple, each nature increases one stat and lowers another, so you just want to get a nature that benefits your pokemon and decreases something unimportant. Common natures are stuff like Adamant, Jolly, Timid, etc. There are also neutral natures that don't have any effect.

IVs are basically what gives a pokemon different stats from another. Each of your pokemon's stats have an IV value from 0-31, 31 being the best. You ideally want 31 in each stat (except ones that don't matter, like a jolteon doesn't need atk), which can be achieved through IV breeding.

So again with the jolteon, in the end you'd more or less want to end up with a level 100 Jolteon with all 31 IVs, timid nature, 252 EVs in speed and special attack, and 4 EVs in HP

IVs also determine the type and power of hidden powers, but I'm not going to get into that lol

wtf i wrote a lot. you're welcome kline LOL

pandacheck

Smash Ace
WA PR = fail, top 4 should be God status cuz no one else in WA can top them, i mean sh!7 a rusty DJ Combo can still wreck just about everyone in WA sept for the top 4 on the PR

Vista

Smash Journeyman
if rest of the PR is bad what does that make you lolllllllllll

Eggz

Smash Hero
burn *****

also ignore my last post
lets all go to the tournament in portland on that date. it seems all of oregon is going and its both games

Top Bottom