• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

True Romance

Smash Ace
Might play the wai con FFA thingy, it's a pretty silly rule set though lol. Might just go mk and stall out the 4 way battles and then just fight one on one at the end lol.

Regardless of any of the gaming events wai con should be pretty fun, particulary excited for eminence!

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
So waicon is this saturday_? Bah i always miss it_

glenn don't give up IC's, although choosing Olimar wouldn't be a bad choice to replace Jiggly for your hard matchups_ Love Olimar, hate how boring he is to play_ Need you to teach me zamus_ ;)

Alzi

Smash Master
I will go to this Wai Con and enter the following:

Super Smash bro's brawl

Lol i am such a pro when it comes to 4 vs 4 with items on 3 stock i won a connecion tour though the other rounds where all 2 minute matches and i was lucas then. Toon Link definatly does the trick in these situations or marth just get a smash ball and **** up everyone.

So it's only $35 for entry right and you can enter in the competitions for free? I might go with my family and they can check around the city while i am in there.

Oh just remebered i have a driving lesson this saturday at 8:00 so i should be there at around 9:30 maybe. Do you have to register early for the brawl or not?

Also for the red steel 2 fans it's coming out March 25th we are also getting blue, pink and black wii remote colours.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Blech, items... I'll pass thanks :p If people aren't going to Waicon to have their eyes burned out by dancing cosplayers, you're welcome to come round here to play some Brawl - I really need to practice more ^^ (Saturday after 2.30pm or Sunday is cool, just give me some warning if you're going to head round... If enough people are interested may even make it into a day 'fest???)

CURRENTLY CONFIRMED FOR LASER TAG ---> 13 more people needed!!! (TY Vlade for putting it in the thread title)
North:
Trav (30th)
Mic (30th or 7th)
Andre (30th or 7th)

South:
Jesse (30th or 7th)
Pete (30th)
Jon/Jesusface (30th or 7th)
Andy (30th)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mic if you're going bring my melee! Think I left it in your wii :(
Kk, I'll bring it.

If you're playing FFA items, you want to play Sonic.

Sonic smashball is just OP.
*Dangles medal from last year* Pokemon Trainer isn't too bad either.

And if it was like last year, the top two move on, so if you get a match including another of us...eeeeeeey!

Alzi

Smash Master
Theres been alot of leaked stuff about the new Zelda wii and it could just be all rumours or fakes or it can be true but the new Zelda wii is going to be such a good game.

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Marx you actually didnt verse me in the tourney.... Duno where you got that from.

Alzi

Smash Master
LOL. No he wasn't.

And speaking of that guy in the red shirt who was he anyway? I remeber seeing him at one tournament ages ages ago.

Alzi

Smash Master
I don't know i don't vs you as often. The only people i can saftley say have improved in a crazy way since i have either vsed them in friendlies alot or have faced them in tournaments alot are:

Trill- I remeber first match was against him in a tourney bracket then it was pools next tournament i think. I remeber even spiking him loads in pools but at Kane's latest smashfest he was the one spiking me loads lol. :p

Glenn- We can all say he's improved but i notice it in friendlies when he ask me to play.

Andeh- Lol when he used Pit / Kirby / Ness they were terrible compared to his diddy kong since he picked up his best character again he has become a machine.

Those are through playing them and actually realised the improvment. You've improved aswell Technodeath but i only realised it through those double friendlies and that's doubles. :p But i have seen you improve the same with Muzga. I think i've only really vsed you guys once in a tourney bracket but what i see in other games i can say you have definatly progressed since your last tournament. Theres alot of others who have improved from my exprience like Bob and Mic. I think i should do a Jupz and friendlie alot of diffrent people that i don't usually.

As for sam believe it or not i have seen more improvment in him aswell lol. I've vsed Samuel alot through the tournment bracket acouple tournaments ago i would always get him like 2nd or 3rd in the early part of the winners bracket. >_>

_cherv_

Smash Apprentice
i realy want to go to waicon and enter the toyrney
but idk details somebody tell me and i come
time?
location?
cost?
other stuff?

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
wai-con: 128 Player Brawl 4-way Free For All Tournament.

(i Would Expect It To Be The Same As Supanova's Brawl Rules-3 Stock, All Items On Medium Or High, Etc.)

i Recommend Everyone To Look At The Schedule: http://www.wai-con.org/wai-con/schedule/

date And Time: Saturday (23rd January)
12:00am To 4:30pm (12:00-16:30)

21 Mounts Bay Road, Perth

food: Food Can Be Purchased From The Cafe During Opening Hours. Additional Food And Drink Is Also Available At The Bus Port Adjacent To The Centre. Please Note That Food Is Not Allowed To Be Consumed Within Wai-con But A Cafe Area Is Available Outside To All Patrons.

cost: Ticket Purchase- $35. Pre-registering Is $30. For More Info- http://www.wai-con.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/permissionletter.doc

prizes: Unkown

minors Permission Forms Are Required For Attendees Under 18. In Order For Your Registration To Be Completed, You Must Fill Out The Permission Letter And Bring It With You Upon Your Entry To The Convention. These Forms Will Be Available At The Registration Desk At Wai-con If You Are Bringing Your Guardian Along.
Permission Letter (pdf): http://www.wai-con.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/permissionletter.pdf
Permission Letter (doc): http://www.wai-con.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/permissionletter.doc

floorplan:
http://www.wai-con.org/venue/perth-convention-and-exhibition-centre/

schedule:
http://www.wai-con.org/wai-con/schedule/
^ .

True Romance

Smash Ace
Guys trust me, unless you want to go to waicon for waicon it is definitely NOT worth $35 for the brawl tourney.

I don't know it may be different this year, last year it was run by a pack of ignorant arse holes. You weren't allowed to use custom controls, every one would have to pick a character and go to the stage select and wait for a stage to be announced the TO thought would be "epic" to play on. Hyrule temple and pirate ship were probably the two MOST balanced stages I got to play on lol.

After the tourney was over and I was playing friendlies with Andy, Proxy and some other randos, the dude who ran the tourney waddled up to me as I was entering in custom controls (which I no longer use but it's the point of the thing) and said "Errghhh *blublblubblubblub* Why ar U puttin in custom contrls,,, so stpd" I replied with "Hey buddy **** off", and then the half hour we had left to muck around and play friendlies was some what enjoyable. It was a friggin miracle Mic could stay sane enough to play out the whole thing and end up owning every one lol.

So the moral of the story? Sure play the tourney if you want, I might since I'll be there anyway, but if you're not going to waicon for waicon you'll be really dissapointed lol.

True Romance

Smash Ace
what about Graeme?
Although Graeme's snake is also on the rise, he's only really been playing the character in singles since Squat *from what I've seen*. Where as Proxy was a pretty well established snake, making top 4 twice.

Funnily though he's now dropped snake, mains falco and seconds TL lol. I'm looking forward to seeing him own some Queenslanders in the not too distant future :p

Technodeath

Smash Champion
yeah fair enough, last i checked at the tourny on the 10th, me and graeme went even.

but yeah, hopefully me and Graeme tear this **** up and do well in the future.

i just need to find a concrete partner for tournaments :(

True Romance

Smash Ace
yeah fair enough, last i checked at the tourny on the 10th, me and graeme went even.
I don't understand what you want from me. Firstly it's like "Oh waits you forgot Graeme" and now it's like "Last I checked I was as good as him!" lol.

Either way, your Snake was pretty good when I played you man, I just have bucket loads of good Snake exp now lol. If you continue to improve it will be scary in no time.

Alzi

Smash Master
You are a better player then Graeme so i'm guessing your Snake might top his up. Just if Sam's Snake is better then both your snakes you need some improving to do. :p. I've seen him play a good diddy kong so Andeh's diddy kong must be better otherwise it just doesn't make you look like your good at brawl if someone who mains toon link and just randomlly plays some other character for fun and plays it better then your own main.

I can't make it to Waicon as i did realise i have a driving lesson what i didn't realise is it cost $50 for that lesson and what i also forgot to realise is that TvC is coming out soon.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
I don't understand what you want from me. Firstly it's like "Oh waits you forgot Graeme" and now it's like "Last I checked I was as good as him!" lol.

Either way, your Snake was pretty good when I played you man, I just have bucket loads of good Snake exp now lol. If you continue to improve it will be scary in no time.
i didnt mean "What about Graeme?" like that. i meant it as in that i thought you had forgot about him using snake. >_<

basically with any match up i play down there i've had no previous experience, it's all just theory to me and then me putting it into use whether i've actually read the match up or not. i just TRY and play smart. that D3 tip you gave me will.. well already has actually worked out good for me so far. the only decent MU experience i have is against MK >_>

but i do plan to learn match ups better, i do plan to improve edgeguarding and nade game. i also find that i might not use aerials as much as i see Ally and such using, but that's just my playstyle i'm assuming.

Alzi

Smash Master
You need to become sneaky with snake. Many people think it's just oh lets just throw some random grenades here do some tilts plant a random c4 here because i just randomlly want to place it here. The only thing you are allowed to do randomlly without thinking is up tilt because that always hits at lol situations.

But yeah i am pretty sure you play better then Graeme in general Techno not trying to make it look mean or anything just saying what i think.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I do find it rather amusing this debate of Graeme vs Techno
1) How many of you have actually versed Graeme in a serious match
2) How many of you have actually versed Techno in a serious match
3) Who cares?

Alzi

Smash Master
I vsed Graeme last tournament match he has actually improved. I don't know if thats because he uses snake now. :p

I'm not trying to enter a debate or anything i'm just saying i think Techno has the better snake. Don't mind if people think diffrently or think Graeme has the better Snake since i won't mind.

The one other thing you should be doing is taunting with snake.

Muzga

Smash Ace
I vsed Graeme last tournament match he has actually improved. I don't know if thats because he uses snake now. :p

I'm not trying to enter a debate or anything i'm just saying i think Techno has the better snake. Don't mind if people think diffrently or think Graeme has the better Snake since i won't mind.

The one other thing you should be doing is taunting with snake.
Thats fine. Its your opinion. We get it
Why do you think that?
What is the basis for what you are saying?

Muzga

Smash Ace
i cant man...
i just.......
CANT!
i'm......
iiii'mmmmmmmmmm
IIIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

Top Bottom