• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

True Romance

Smash Ace
After seeing the best Link in Aus and the second best Snake play A LOT(well currently the best one actually IN australia :p) I can confidently say two things.

Firstly Link should NEVER be able to gimp snakes recovery under any circumstances lol. And secondly it's not THAT bad a match up for Link, but it's definitely still in Snakes favour.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
the fact is, even IF you can gimp me while im using cypher or whatever, i still have c4. i wouldnt attempt at recovering at any height that allows your boomerang/arrows to hit me unless im forced to do so. bombs are a little more flexible.

it is just my opinion. i dont think gimping snake is all as easy as you make it out to be. i also think you underrate nikita as an edgeguard tool? even if it all doesnt gimp you, it doesnt take long for utilt to kill you depending on the rate im racking damage.

see this is where you're wrong. the only reason i played snake that tournament, and decided to go back into maining him was because i pulled him out in doubles and seemed to do alright. i dont think i'm all high and mighty as you say, i can be beat rather easily imo. the fact i main snake doesnt mean i wont use falcon in tourny matches.
First of all, thank you for actually replying with your opinion. I appreciate it.

And I said that because I remember you saying on msn you were always getting beaten when using ganon, and you were going to use a different character, within the high region.

I suppose its very debateble, no matter what I say its always going to be argued because my point from links side of the arguement is contested.

I don't believe however its 45:55 in Snakes favour. 50:50 at the very least.

But whatever im going to leave it there before anyone else decides to join in.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
And I said that because I remember you saying on msn you were always getting beaten when using ganon, and you were going to use a different character, within the high region.
even so, i do play to win, but i play to have fun at the same time. yes, my Ganon is on a decent level. but i dont really enjoy coming last in every tournament i attend, it is both a disappointment to myself and a bit of a waste of money seeing as i have to travel a long way :/ but then again someone has to come last right? as typical as it is, the only character in the higher end of the charts i enjoy to play, and can actually win fights with is Snake.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
That's how I feel with Link, I know he's crap, but im proving to that I can break that barrier, and not give up. I lose A LOT, im not exagerrating either, but it just pushes me to suceed and practice more, I definetly have fun playing Link. I've always loved Link and he just suits me & my play style really well. And That's good you're not using Snake just for a win button.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
hey marx i wanna link ditto u see how my link goes :D btw if u dont know i was one of the tall guys in the link shirt
Yeah I remember you man.
I envy your shirt.

Sure, but if its over wifi don't expect anything. Hopefully my disapointing Link these past couple of days will actually somewhat suceed.

You live north or south? My guess is north?

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
yes north we'll wait till next tourney HATE Wifi!!!!!!!!!!!
I might actually be coming to Kanes now with Dude:) to Kane's (aka, Rob or ben's borther) since Ben can't make it, Rob and I might be catching the train there And back. Hoping we can get a lift from the train station to Kane's house yeah? >.<
You catch the joondalup line to clarkson, yes?

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Always picked him for a Danielle_

As for your discussion about Link_ I think it is a tough decision to main a lower tier character because of the obvious disadvantages you face in comparison to your higher tier brethren_ It is a wise choice initially though as it teaches you to deal with certain situations that may otherwise be 'easier' for other characters_

I learnt this whilst maining Olimar_ He was an easy character to use and i did well with him, but in all honesty i never fully understood the game as much as i do know as Shiek_ By maining someone who has her own difficulties i have forced myself to learn more about Brawl and learnt to better appreciate it_

Now i could easily just go back to Olimar or pick up a higher tier character and have a greater understanding on how to play due to my experience with Shiek, but in the end it also comes down to comfort choice_ What initially started as a mess around character became a commitment and it's important to never forget that_

Kane chose MK to win but began to dislike his choice in character_ It's something we always succumb to along the line and need to make a choice where we go_ Some choose new characters who happen to sit higher on the tier list, others lower_ Either way the truth is, once you truly learn how to play Brawl then you won't succeed purely by character choice, whilst doing 'better' you personally won't be progressing_

Good night Danielle_

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Haha, so my name is Danielle now?

But yeah you are on money, after playing link for such a long time my understanding of the game is a lot better I've found when I can't aproach something I gotta try a different way, or see what im doing wrong to try and fix it. He is a very high matience character, id say more out of the whole lot. Long time ago before "tiers" were a big thing I use to main falco & snake, and they weren't as fun as playing Link.

MTGod

Smash Champion
'Sif ignore me, Peater!!! :(

Is there any way to grab a hold of the commentary by itself, without the game audio (or even without the game picture???)

somewhat yes.
how come you havent been there?
too much brawl.
From what Sean and Jon tell me, a lot of people from my old high school frequent the joint... I still keep in contact with the good people, and I'd rather not see the rest of them :p

Trav doing a bit of a Jesse post huh?
Yes, but he didn't put nearly enough :p's in :p Alzi attempted one as well, it seems, but rounded off with another fantastic story :p

Should have just been like 'Yo, let's hang out *****'.
So you young'uns pick up chicks by swearing at them nowadays??? ****, looks like I need to step it up xD

the only cool thing i can do with link is dthrow bomb and hit them with nair while they're coming upwards
That's pretty impressive... The best thing I can do with Link is not use him :p

So I just watched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya season 2,
GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please :p???

Haha, I love playing the guessing game. I've told Marty, I doubt he remembers.

I plan to reveal it, sometime. Aha.
You told us (me and Jon, and maybe some others if they were there at the time) that it was Keith, but I have an inkling you're fibbing :p

Still, you have the right to be called whatever you want, so I don't really mind calling you Marx if you prefer it :p

No fair, you know I have an axeity of telling people my real name that I met off the internet.
Im not joking either.
Sorry Marty, but from what you tell me you're not a very secretive person xD

It's not like you have to tell us your mother's maiden name or name of your first pet. :p
I remember this episode of Psych where this one couple went to speed-dating places to go around and gather infos about peeps and then steal their identities... Crazy psycho **** people come up with, huh???

Always picked him for a Danielle_
Just gotta say, I love Bob's posting method - it's like playing Blankety Blanks with the punctuations :D I'm gonna go with... Exclamation mark!

Now if only Ness can work out a way to play Duelists...
Ness and Lucas can double-team Duelists theoretically by PKT2 into each other, but I think we both remember how god**** mother-****ing ****balls on the grill hard that is, eh??? :p

Top Bottom