• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Thrashr

Smash Rookie
Just incase ill bring my brawl/melee :p Thanks you guys for being so nice :X, its hard being in the country, noone plays brawl up here! cept technodeath, and im getting bored of stalemates (no pun intended :p)

Thrashr

Smash Rookie
i did say no pun intended :/ we stalemate all the time if anything he wins slightly more but i dont play it as much :p

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Ah-hah Mic not liking puns_ That's a first_ Just waiting on Muzga to post something horribly inappropriate_ Techno PM me when you find out about Jupz_ You'll only need pizza money and whatever for the tournament_

Muzga

Smash Ace
Ah-hah Mic not liking puns_ That's a first_ Just waiting on Muzga to post something horribly inappropriate
What did one pedophile say to the other pedophile while they were at the beach?
Youre in my sun

YOU WIN

Alzi

Smash Master
You know how we were talking about Tatsunoko vs. Capcom as maybe being a side tourney event i think we should do that once we all have the game or when it comes out here since i really like those style games. If only they release a acrcade stick along with it here in Australia that would be nice to have.

I think it was Bob who was talking about that old show in the mornings called Teknoman well he has now been confirmed to be in the PAL game of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Needs some astro boy aswell lol. :)

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
And will Bob's SQUAT fund idea be implemented?

Remember guys head down to the village cafe in Northbridge tonight at 8 pm to see Andre play some mad piano and hopefully get a job as a bar pianist!

ergoproxy

Smash Rookie
ZOMG sorry for back tracking but TEKNOMAN was the shiz!! I honestly cant wait for the release. Ive played the *** version and it is very promising. All the housemates here at team fighting mongoose (i.e KAne Trill and myself) will most likely to be coming the bi-weeklies. (especially myself) since i will be moving back to QLD in a couple of months.

Jupz

Smash Master
:\

No taking money out of the pot IMO. There are other ways of making money then to fundraise, especially for people who aren't going to squat who are essentially paying for us to go to SQUAT.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I don't like taking from the pot :(

Also, for this to work the money would have to be distributed evenly to all the people that are going - it wouldn't be fair if only one person got a ticket and the rest didn't. Additionally I plan on lowering the fees again when we start doing bi-weeklies because $30 every 2 weeks is going to be a pain and no-one can afford that (except for Elton lol).

I dunno, I feel that people play better with money on the line, I mean I do. People like Samuel and Richard (and me) look forward to competing for pride and the pot, and taking away from that will mean we have gotten to finals for not what we've been expecting. I mean, I'd still be happy with a boosted reputation if I won a tournament, but money makes winning all the more special.

I dunno, that's my take on things :/ It has generally been accepted in the smash community to never take from the pot unless it's for venue fees because of the reasons above

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
*scabs of brother who gets 25$ an hour for working at a petrol station.*
Vlade- you said you are quite wealthy.

Anyways my story with my wii (lol):

hacks it... uses codes and textures(not a lot of codes)... freezes after 4-44 minutes depending what brawl activities i am doing... next day after 30 min of game play- my wii cannot read wii disks...

After researching this i found many stories of other people having this problem e.g. a guy bought his wii and after 5 weeks this problem happened and he also hardly used it.( HE DIDN'T USE HACKS!)
ANother story- wii disk problem- a person disconnected his wii and left it for a few weeks by itself. After the few weeks the problem vanished like a flick of a working, unbroken light switch

SO I now believe that my story is a coincidence that i "hacked my wii" and the "wii disk errors" happened in a close time period. Now Aiden doesn't want to hack his wii untill i solve my wii problem.

Methods for my version 4.1 wii
1. Banner bomb method to get homebrew.
2. gecko192 in apps folder in the root of SD card (2 gs, FAT, etc CORRECT ONE).
3. used ocarina cheat code manager adding, " file replacement" code and several other codes into RSBP01 in SD card in "Codes" folder in the root.
4.got texture hacks in the correct folders. Doesn't differ to- http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225642

So yeah... i played with textures and sadly didn't get time to add the super mods to characters...

I'm goign to try the disconnecting idea: A day with wii disconnected only. I'm currently getting WAD installer up and going to play smash 64!!!

tourney- aiden and I are not going. maybe next time.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
true true. Clumsy me. lol.

When/If my wii is all smooth and hacked like Mic and the others I may start to bring it to your tourneys.

Alzi

Smash Master
Elton if your wii is stuffed up just buy a new one with your wealthy money.

To get $300 alone by your self is not that hard really. With a job if you work for 4 weeks you will have enough money to fly to squat and back. Another option is if you know you can't afford to go to squat just wait next year and save up from today for any future upcoming things like this. Or a even better idea could be we hold a Australian tourney here and make them pay to come to us :p.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah, definitely not going to host a Major in Perth this year with SQUAT V and Rocky already lined up. I just wonder how many people would want to come to Perth though, since it costs a fair amount to get here from the East.

I would get a job but I don't have time with school and sport

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Was considering getting a job doing lighting for shows and stuff, thats where my dad started out and he's good friends with the guy who does most of the lighting for shows in Perth. Only thing stopping me is the fact I'm reaaaaaaally lazy.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Marteh is here posting from The Village Cafe live with Muzga!

Yeah I had nothing better to do tonight so I travelled down, and HA to all you poor saps who were to lazy to make it, stop having social lives and listening to some creepy guy with a beard play piano, I mean after all, you all want a beard like that.

Advertising win yet again!

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
I just wonder how many people would want to come to Perth though, since it costs a fair amount to get here from the East.
Major problem right there. Its ok for us to go there in a small quantity of like 4 people but having to fly over 3/4 of our participants at least is going to be very difficult and unlikely. Im thinking of getting brawl + on my wii, will anyone help me at the tournament on sunday? Once again i cant come until like 11 cos i got tennis, so hopefully we can reschedule doubles until after singles? My reasons for this are to encourage people to stay after they have been knocked out of singles and of course me and alan will take your money :p

Alzi

Smash Master
Actually i too like the idea of Doubles starting after Brawl Singles. Once you are knocked out of singles you know that there is going to be somthing fun after woulds with your partner which is doubles.

I believe the best way to get Brawl+ is to get it on a SD card and load it from the SD card and when you want normal brawl again just take the SD card out.

Vlade

Social Outcast
No chance of Singles before Doubles

Doubles is the time for everyone to warm up, especially me since I'm doing all the hard work at registration (and bob and andre and travis and marty and others :D)

Plus, having Doubles before Singles is anti-climactic for the tournament - the most epic matches (Singles Grand Finals) should be last.

Is Andre doing well Marty?

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Alzi i'm pretty sure you are able to purchase a Nintendo arcade stick for wii, which will be awsome if we're planning on running TatvCap as a side tourney__

Looks like everyone who has a slight chance of winning some money are the only ones complaining about using pot money for flight distribution instead_ Vlade is usually always guaranteed to win money at every tournament alongside Sam, Ric and possibly Jupz/ Alzi so bi-weeklies will line your pockets fairly quickly Alister_

It's roughly around $400 return currently to fly to QLD_ With those costs we are seriously restricting a majority of people from being able to participate in SQUAT unless we find other avenues to assist in flight funding_ It doesn't bother me because me and Babbs work and will be heading there regardless of anybody being able to afford it or not_

The truth is that I want more people to come and if the majority allows it, pot money will greatly attribute to assisting people with flights and allow us to represent W.A in a national tournament_ The way i see it, only 5 people are guaranteed to win prize money currently, 2 of whom may not be coming (Ric/ Sam), leaving people who may want to go out of pocket_

Not everyone has a job and maybe the community would understand in having a reduction in prize money if it means sending our community representation to a national tournament and bringing Easterners to W.A for future majors_ Seems like i'm the only one who is caring at the moment, and at this rate, the only one going_

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I think you mean
Vlade said:
No chance of Doubles after Singles
I lost my voice from a party on Saturday and now I've got a bad sore throat, I **** well better have my precious yelling voic back for Sunday.

From the flights I've seen $400 is cheap, I personally would be fine for my money to be funding SQUAT even if I won't be going because I enter for fun and not for the money.

Vlade

Social Outcast
That's right Trav :p

I could use your argument for pools Bob. The only people complaining about pools were those who didn't make it out into the bracket. But that is irrelevant anyway.

I don't think it's fair to take money from the pot. Winners deserve to receive money for their achievements because it is a long road to the top. I understand where you're coming from Bob, with your ambition to get as many perthites as possible to go to SQUAT, but it isn't fair for people who rightfully win money by playing well to take their well-deserved prize away from them for other people.

Jupz

Smash Master
Also why should people like proxy/kane/trill for example (and everyone else who is not going to be going to squat) pay for the people who are? People can find their own ways of getting money, alzi has already listed a few.

Besides winners want their money.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Yay guess I have to post, and yeah I dunno bout the others but I enjoyed Andre's performance, also caught up on tafe work. Good work to Sam and Ric who showed literally like 5 minutes after he finished. Long story short, Andre kicked ***.

Personally I dont like the idea of money going to the flight, Id love as many people to be able to go to Squat as possible but it should be up to the winners whats the money used for, and if Sam wishes to use it, change it into 5c pieces and count it again, then let it be!

Oh and everyone rejoice, my phone is working again..Just has no credit!

Top Bottom