• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Pete278

Smash Lord
I picked up Wipeout HD as one of my two free games, hoping it would fill the void that no new F-Zero has left in my life.

It didn't.

So I went back to my old F-Zero X, and after about an hour of blood, sweat and tears, discovered my hands no longer remember how to snake with Black Shadow.

This may be the worst experience I've ever had in my life, though my N64 controller analogue sticks being made out of what appears to be cheese and anti-lubricant may have been part of the problem.

Richard7

Smash Ace
I picked up Wipeout HD as one of my two free games, hoping it would fill the void that no new F-Zero has left in my life.

It didn't.

So I went back to my old F-Zero X, and after about an hour of blood, sweat and tears, discovered my hands no longer remember how to snake with Black Shadow.

This may be the worst experience I've ever had in my life, though my N64 controller analogue sticks being made out of what appears to be cheese and anti-lubricant may have been part of the problem.
Get NTSC version of F-Zero X on Virtual Console, the difference is amazing.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Beer, I've been going to Karu's place in Doubleview for melee. It's up to Karu if he wants to invite more peeps.

My place isn't really smash appropriate anymore unfortunately (not enough room for CRTs like the good old days of my parent's place).

That said, it's not impossible.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well I wouldn't mind some Brawl or SSB64 sometime, when I get some free time.

Woops; my schedule sucks. Better luck in the holidays :(

KiSM

Smash Rookie
well i just finished my TISC appliactions, next year i hope to be organising and helping out Curtin or Murdoch events :D

Alzi

Smash Master
Going to do mine on Saturday.

fuuuuuark these last few weeks left of school are crazy.

Creative advertising and graphic design Curtin Uni as my first preference oh yeah!

MTGod

Smash Champion
Good stuff KiSM! Good luck to both you and Alzi for getting first prefs. If you end up at Curtin lemme know - the only smashers there at the moment are Kareem and I :D

MTGod

Smash Champion
ATTENTION DUELISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calibur1337 will be in Perth from the 16th-21st of September, so if you want to meet a genuine specimen of the fabled "East Coast Smasher" outside of its natural habitat this is a good opportunity!

Richard7

Smash Ace
ATTENTION DUELISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calibur1337 will be in Perth from the 16th-21st of September, so if you want to meet a genuine specimen of the fabled "East Coast Smasher" outside of its natural habitat this is a good opportunity!
Oh wow, I was actually thinking of making a post asking what happened to all the easterners planning on coming to Perth.

MTGod

Smash Champion
At the very least you should get to meet everyone. I doubt whether many of them will be up for smash but with ACL and BAM coming up do you really want to learn West Coast DI :D?

Alzi

Smash Master
Is there going to be a smash tourney for this calb guy?

Also I have been using my study periods at school very productively these last few weeks, been playing smash 64 on emulator and I am enjoying it. Other then can't tilt properly, smash attack at times, short hop it's still good.

MTGod

Smash Champion
If one is run it's probably going to be impromptu/little-to-no entry fee/house tournament. I'm too busy right to organise a proper one, and everyone else that used to TO have pretty much moved onto FAP.

Oh, and no one in Perth has touched the game in 6 months :p

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind some kind of smash/video game meetup with people but I don't expect a large scale tourney to be run for my presence or anything lol

Pete278

Smash Lord
Oh, also, there'll be a Captain Salty Pete's Mid-Sea Skirmish (number 3, specifically, on the 18th) during Calibur's stay in Perth. If there's enough demand, I can run Brawl simultaneous with other events, so he actually gets something to do. If anything, it'd be done to save him from Mic's 'study sessions'.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I'd be up for some brawl tournament, but would you have enough time/setup space to run it?

Vlade

Social Outcast
There should be enough space, but we would need setups.

As much as I want to I don't think I will be able to go to that Mid-Sea Skirmish though, it's just too close to exams and I gotta do some work lol

Richard7

Smash Ace
So who's picking up CaLibUr from the airport?

I'm sure we'll be able to have a house fest at someone's house while CaLibUr's here. I'll be up for it, as long as Brawl - is there :)

EDIT: Just curious CaLibUr, why are you coming to a wasteland like Perth?

MTGod

Smash Champion
So who's picking up CaLibUr from the airport?
Hi :D

Anyway, housefest at mine is pretty much redundant now lawl. GameCity is a much better place, and it's in the city, which is also a much better suburb. With Bubbletea :D

And Ric, there are actually things to do in Perth. And he probably also wants to get better at Combat Rock Paper Scissors before BAM.

Top Bottom