• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
Probably best thing to do would be to subscribe to this thread so that it sends you updates by e-mail. If an event happens it will surely be posted in this thread.

NOmoreTAS

Smash Rookie
I do not think I am capable of making reunions, even though I've got 2 TV's and one american Wii. However, if someone is interested on friendly matches with the South Americans, you can contact me.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Yeah the Brawl scene has been rather dead, our last regular tournaments stopped around January 2012 from memory.
We had a one time reunion 2 months ago, turnout was pretty good.

Personally I'd be in favour of trying to organise these things again, the only issue is having to use CRTs for them really makes it hard to setup.

So yeah as of ATM we have no plans but that could change, just subscribe to this thread and see how it goes.

Btw did anyone pick up a Gray memory card last tournament for the Gamecube?

Someone took mine out and it didn't come home with me.

It has my Chao of like 10 years on there D:

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, I wouldn't be opposed to more brawl tournaments. Since it'd be rather casual though maybe we could try some new formats to make the tournaments run quicker on less TVs? Like, 1 stock matches or something? Or Stamina mode? Or Brawl Minus :D?

Let Perth break away from the norm.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
We have a skype group for wifi brawls. All of Aus. 12 people are in it.
LOL

add my skype if interested
skype- eltoNNNNNN
And I will add ya to the group.

Tremulant51

Smash Rookie
Yeah the Brawl scene has been rather dead, our last regular tournaments stopped around January 2012 from memory.
We had a one time reunion 2 months ago, turnout was pretty good.

Personally I'd be in favour of trying to organise these things again, the only issue is having to use CRTs for them really makes it hard to setup.

So yeah as of ATM we have no plans but that could change, just subscribe to this thread and see how it goes.

Btw did anyone pick up a Gray memory card last tournament for the Gamecube?

Someone took mine out and it didn't come home with me.

It has my Chao of like 10 years on there D:
heya everyone.
me and my bro love brawl and 64 smash. Really hoping some tournaments could be organized . Particularly BRAWL . Also looking for any one on one matches if you live within 30k radius of perth. Hit us up, I play as snake who RULES and me bro plays as the monkeyboy, we can beat everyone else we wknow so we wanna see how we compare to the best in Perth. Also , no items definatelty and 3 - 5 lives i reckon and only ubrestricted levels or even only final destination?....
**** YEAHHH!!!
Ben

Alzi

Smash Master
Corpse, I am liking your signature as it definitely brings back some hilarious memories although you are missing a quote from Alzi. (actually not a quote a lot of quotes)

Also I plan to be a huge threat when smash 4 comes out. Planning to destroy everyone in my path.

I will become Australia's best super smash bros 4 player.

Edit: Project Smash will be starting two weeks from now, hope everyone is looking forward to it.

Edit2: Also who made the perth smash fb page?

Alzi

Smash Master
So anyone else still hyped ever the trailer?
#Fanboy

10/10 will be game of the year for sure, absolutely nothing will beat this game.

The graphics look amazing and it is in 1080p too which is awesome. The visuals aren't even final so they definitely will be much better on release.

wii fit trainer a hilarious addition to the roster in a good way, villager looks awesome, megaman looks awesome the whole game is looking awesome.

Sakurai is a genius.

Also confirmed by Alzi's theory there will be either 42 characters in the next game or 49. If not those numbers than 100% it will be between 42-49 no more and no less. In terms of newcomers it will be between 12-16.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Wait, Alzi isn't using size 1 font?
WHAT IS THIS?

(Apart from the last line)

EDIT: Also this game needs to hurry up and come out so I can be known as part of the Smash Scene and not Pokeclectic.
Those guys are scary individuals.......

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Sakurai said:
"I would consider the changes that we're making this time around not as fixes, but that we're changing the direction," he said through a translator. "And so the vision for the overall balance of the game in Smash Bros Melee, it was sort of more focused towards more hardcore players. Then when it came around to making Brawl, this was a game that was targeting a Wii audience where there were a lot of beginner players, so it sort of leaned a little bit more in that direction.

"So now, for this time around, we're sort of aiming for something that is in between those as far as the speed of the game. Because I don't really think this time we're in a situation where we're trying to accommodate that many new players."
The good news keeps coming.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Megaman actually looks so interesting and fun to play. I'm always a fan of characters with different 'modes'.

Marteh you can show them Pokeclectic guys who's boss when this game comes out haha

I hope there's combos and opportunities for being creative with combos in this game but it's for me to tell if that's going to be possible, but I can tell that there does seem to be more hitstun in this game which could allow for this.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I wonder if Toon Link will be back. Considering the WindWaker HD remake on the Wii U, it could be likely that he won't get cut from the returning brawl cast.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I'd be sad if G&W were to go, besides he's got that new Game & Wario thing coming out so hopefully that keeps him relevant enough.

Would also want PT back, just give him some other gen starters.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Marteh you can show them Pokeclectic guys who's boss when this game comes out haha
Already done that...
Yeah toon link won't be returning. Following the cut list will be these characters:

Game and Watch
Pokemon Trainer
Ike
Snake
Wolf
Lucario
Sonic
R.O.B
Lucas
I get a feeling at the very least, G+W Sonic and PT will be stayng
Lucario will be replaced by Mewtwo Form 2
ROB has a good chance of staying too

Alzi

Smash Master
My example how using the website design you can kinda estimate / guess how many characters there may be:

http://i43.tinypic.com/11mdety.jpg

How is my character selection too, was way too hard trying to think about who would fit and who wouldn't. Imagine what sakurai is going through.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Sup guys! Our friends over at Oceanic eSports are having a tournament as part of their weekly event. It's happening at Varsity Bar (UWA), and the prize is a bar card, so I'm imagining this is an 18+ event. Any questions/all the details at: http://www.facebook.com/events/1380685165481301/

None of us here are TOing this event, so it's more than likely just gonna be a bit of fun, nothing serious. Exactly what you want when you're drinking :D Come down, have a laugh.

Pooncahontas

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, setting up a social competative event for all perth smash 64 players. Just need to get the ball rolling to see who will be interested. Will be 18+ aswell. As itll most probably be at my house or my new house id rather not have parents or anything on my back. Soz bout that :/
Can ppl email me on : smashbros64perth@hotmail.com and ill get back to ya. Thanks. Lets make 2013 a good year for smash64 :D

Cheers,
Leroy

:phone:
Hey man, I'd definitely be down for competitive smash 64 in Perth. Message me on this or 0468 52 52 00 if you wanna set something up. I've got a few other people that I play with too. I'll send and email to that address but will I get a reply?

neXianXavia

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm up for some brawl, I'll put my code up shortly.

My skype is the same as my forum name, feel free to add me. :D

Alzi

Smash Master
neXianXavia I know you just registered yesterday but I hope you stick around for smash bros wii u. Big things are happening to the Perth Smash scene, I am talking large tournaments more than what we use to have.

TheLuckyLuigi

Smash Rookie
Is there anyone around 11 or something? Cause I've been training with smash for eeeevvvveerrr and would like to be in an actual tournament. So if someone wouldn't mind setting up a tournament in Perth that would be awesome. :)

TheLuckyLuigi

Smash Rookie
neXianXavia I know you just registered yesterday but I hope you stick around for smash bros wii u. Big things are happening to the Perth Smash scene, I am talking large tournaments more than what we use to have.
what tournaments? I've been busting to go to one. I live in Perth too. :)

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
You never know, a 13 year old kid came third the other day in the Tekken world championships

But yeah buddy sorry but there hasn't been a community run tournament for a few years and it doesn't seem like there will be until the new smash drops.

If you still want to get a semi-competitive brawl fix I believe Cafe Myriade (the board game cafe) in the city runs a brawl tourney like every Wednesday from what Iv'e heard. Otherwise the two big conventions are your other best bet, Waicon normally runs it (badly), and Smashboards has had some representation via a booth at Supanova run by the small big man himself Mic over the last few years.

Top Bottom