• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Wow, since when did Perth have a smash scene? I'm there for the next one, count me in. Just where abouts would it be held, since I don't have my license will have to either get public transport or sister to drop me off...:/.
The PK Brawl tournaments that we have held recently (and any smashfests that I plan to hold, for that matter) have been down in the Rockingham area, If you're unable to drive then the train is another option - we can easily pick you up from the Warnbro station.

@cal
Depends if im working but id love to join any brawl meetups!
So do you guys plan on holding another PK brawl?
We'll probably be holding another PK Brawl once PAL Brawl comes out, I can really say anything for sure, seeming as we've not talked about another one yet, but if I had to take a guess I'd say probably sometime next month :p.

I bet you were looking under the Australian eBay then. If you just go to the international one there's almost a million of them.

Either way you were all just jealous of my super sexy white controller.
Well it is a sexy controller ;). Our current ones are getting really old so we've decided to get new, more reliable ones, not to mention the extended cable is a big plus.

Pen_Ninja

Smash Rookie
i might be able to drop by if its ok with everyone else... kinda depends where, when, who, age etc coz my parents r silly about this stuff

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pen Ninja, your parents have every right to be concerned, and if you are young then I wouldn't go meeting with internet randoms on your own (get parents to drop you off, go with friends etc).

How many people were going to Oran's this weekend? I live close and may be free 3 or 4ish, might drop by for some time.

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be at Oran's, but I'm the only one from the Rockingham area going. Everyone else here is going to a show that day.

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
looks like only 5 or 6, including cal. On the upside, we'll have the whole house to ourselves, so we can go crazy, wreck the place, etc. I might bring my neo geo, for some hardcore metal slug/Garou action.
Hope you can make it Ryan, I need a challenge (other than Oran).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
*Groan* Metal Slug....I'm doing stuff with Sel on Sat, so can't make it. :(

On the plus side, should be free for the next one, and by then have the metal slug collection on Wii.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Dont listen to bringer Pen we have candy and illicit drugs.. >.>

Jokes aside though the more the merrier at smash tourneys so its good to see some new faces showing.. Any concerns and queries theres always a phone number or something ppl can call to arrange transport etc..
General concensious is supply your own hookers..

Sorry to say i wont be heading down to this meet-up cause of a gig also but its cool to see more ppl showing interest in such things..

BLAH..!

Daterian

Smash Cadet
Cal, me and sam would probably attempt to come to a smashfest of some sort, we have finished uni for this semester so we have some free time on our hands.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Next PK Brawl, the winner MUST submit to taking the Bowser Challenge

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
In Brawl?

What stage would that be on? I would imagine that it would need to be a small one. Also, the Bowser players need to be good players, and I don't know how we would work that out.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Also, the Bowser players need to be good players, and I don't know how we would work that out.
the 2nd 3rd and 4th placers maybe?

Stage, beats me, FoD isn't in...New Yoshi Story perhaps?

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Cheers for hosting, Oran and Sly, it was good to meet everyone there and hang out :)
I'll probably host a smashfest sometime soon, I'll post the details once I sort things out.

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
Thanks for coming, I'll see if we can have another next month or something, it depends on Oran. Hopefully I won't be so brain dead next time :p

abraxis

Smash Rookie
omg mic, lol @ animorphs reference... epic win
i cant remember what the blue horse scorpion thingys are called though, its killing me!

also, for those interested: the next PK Brawl will be approx 1-2 weeks after the PAL release, we have to gauge any version balance changes first... you never know how many fun mechanics they will take out of the game just for us aussies >_<

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I made it in Spore's creature creator. It's awesome fun.

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Haha, that Spore Creature Creator is great, Here is my attempt, it's pretty convincing evidence that I should never be in charge of the evolution of anything, ever.

Anyways as Brax said, we are aiming to run PK Brawl 3 on the 12th of July, I'll have the details written up soon.

Muzga

Smash Ace
@cal's creature:
Back foul beast! FROM WHENCE YOU CAME!

anyone think they can stand up to sams toon link?:p

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
I think we may have to bound and gag sam when he gets through the door to even out the competition lol..

Cals workin out some details on whats goin on as i may or may not be in town at the town depending on work..

That spore creature creator thing is evil.. Cal came round n showed us it the other night so looking forward to seeing the completed version and how ****ed up i can make these things..

Anyways hope to catch yall soon..

BLAH..!

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman
W00t! Another tourney! ^_^

Only 1 more week and then I finally won't be the only person in the Perth Smash scene without access to Brawl. =)

Maybe if I actually had the game I wouldn't do so terribly in the tournaments. >_<

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Here's the official post about it, it's pretty much an edited version of the previous tournament post I made. I'll be editing in extra details that I've forgotten and entrants, so be sure to check back on it.

PK BRAWL 3
*** Saturday July 12th ***
*** 18 Morfontaine Pde – Port Kennedy ***

************************************​

Entrance:
$5 to enter in to the tournament, if you don’t want to enter you are still welcome to come down and watch/play some non tournament matches.

Signup:
In order to register, please contact me (Chris) on 0415857522 or let me know in this forum or via PM, once I have received confirmation of your entry I will add you to the list. Please try to let me know as soon as possible, it can be quite difficult to organize brackets with odd numbers – especially when I’m unsure of the final amount of people turning up.

Start time:
12 noon – it is recommended that you arrive at least half an hour early though, so we are able to begin on schedule, I will be there from 9:00 am setting up though along with a few others, so if you want to get some games in before the tourney starts feel free to arrive earlier.

Prize:
$5 entrance split 80/20 1st + 2nd place

Rules:
Each match will be 3 stock 7 minute time limit. Items are off.

Each set will be decided through a best of 3 series of games with the Advanced Slobs counter-picking system. The format of this system is as follows:

For the first game of the set, both players announce their character that they will be using without the other player knowing (optional).
The map is decided in one of two ways, if both players are able to agree on a neutral map then that one will be played, if the players are unable to agree on a map then it shall be decided through the game’s random function, which only contains maps on the neutral list.

For the second and third game, the format is a bit different. The loser of the previous game first picks the map that will be played, this can be from the neutral or counter-pick list. Once the map has been selected the winner of the previous game chooses their character, the loser – who has chosen the map – chooses their character last.

The Neutral and Counter-pick stage list is as follows:

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpick Stages
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Luigis Mansion
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet(D)
Pictochat
Delfino Plaza (D)
Mario Circuit (D)
Onett (D)
Green Greens (D)
Green Hill Zone (D)
Bridge of Eldin (D)
Corneria (D)

BANNED

All other stages

(D) signifies the stage is not selectable if someone is using Dedede, unless both players agree.

We will be having two televisions running the tournament matches (and with PAL Brawl out, I should be fine to set them up easily), both of these will be recording. The matches will be uploaded to youtube once they have been compiled. If you would like a match in uncompressed to higher quality either approach me on the day with a storage device (blank DVD or USB) and I will happily transfer the clips onto it for you. I can also arrange to upload compressed clips to filefront, just contact me via PM if you want one. Clips usually range from 80 to 190 mb is size, depending on their length.

We will also have TV’s set up to run games other than smash, most likely we will have a television dedicated Guitar Hero and additionally I will try to bring another TV that can be used for friendlies/other games.

Currant Entrants List:
Cal
Niven
Muzga
Eric
Sam
S&Y
Graeme
Brax
Dan
Jon
Dean
Bamfojm
Dry Bones

If required we can arrange lifts from Warnbro train station, it’s real easy to get here so don’t stress!

It is highly recommended that you bring your own controller.
I’m not 100% sure what the food setup will be, pizza seems to work well but if people want to try something else that’s fine, I’m up for anything.
There is adequate space for anyone that would like to stay the night.

If you would like to help out and bring spare consoles, games or TVs we would much appreciate it!

************************************​

Synnic

Smash Rookie
Hey Eric here

Two tourneys gone by with a third coming up, thought I'd say something...really appreciate the effort you guys are putting in holding these tourneys, keep up the great work!
As for this upcoming tourney, you can expect me coming, so add me to the list ^^

Shiekah

Smash Cadet
I'll be coming too! Dont leave out my toon link!

oh and about that bagging and gagging....that was a joke right? *trembles in fear*

Mic_129

Smash Clone
BRoomer
REMINDER: Brawl Connection tour at Westfield Carousel 7th+8th of July

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Good to see all the usual participants signing up again, I look forward to seeing you all again on the day :D
If anyone knows of anyone who will be coming who isn't on the list, please let me know asap and I'll add them.

Thanks for spreading the word once again, Mic, it is much appreciated. :D

Vlade

Social Outcast
Add me to the Perth smashers list.

However, it's very hard for me to get to rockingham area as I live in Hillarys...
I'll probably have to sit this tourney out.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
**** that connection tour would be sweet.. Ive just been notified bout a job thats 2/1 fly-out so i might be forced to miss this tourney and the connection tour out.. Once i get a solid roster we might be able to work around it so im home for the next one..

If i dont see yall there than good luck and bring gaffer tape for sam.. >_> jks

BLAH..!

Top Bottom