• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

kewl_niven

Smash Journeyman

Muzga

Smash Ace
Hey guys. I'm considering having a tourny at my place. i live in marangaroo (closest to warwick station, on the clarkson line.)
If i were to hold such a tourny what sort of numbers would i be looking at? sound good to anyone here?
I was thinking saturday, august 2nd.

Ill post more spesific details when i get the time.

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Idk about the rest of the Rockingham area smashers, but I'd probably be able to make it, I might end up needing a lift from the train station though, if I end up catching it.

Btw, vids will be up very soon. Sorry for the delays, been bogged down with work :(

Muzga

Smash Ace
Okay heres my post about the tourny. its based on cals template from a few pages back with a few changes. (nothing significant)
PK Brawl 4!!!!
(despite the fact that its in marangaroo, not port kennedy)
Anyone with a more imaginitive or better name, let me know. i lack the imagination to think of my own name:p)

*** Saturday August 2nd ***
*** 9 parin Rd- Marangaroo ***

Entrance:
$5 to enter in to the tournament, if you don’t want to enter you are still welcome to come down and watch/play some non tournament matches.

Signup:
In order to register, please contact me (Andre) on 0421 744 909 or let me know in this forum or via PM, once I have received confirmation of your entry I will add you to the list. Please try to let me know as soon as possible, it can be quite difficult to organize brackets with odd numbers – especially when I’m unsure of the final amount of people turning up.

Start time:
12 noon – it is recommended that you arrive at least half an hour early though, so we are able to begin on schedule, I will be there from 9:00 am setting up though along with a few others, so if you want to get some games in before the tourney starts feel free to arrive earlier.

Prize:
$5 entrance split 80/20 1st + 2nd place

Rules:
Each match will be 3 stock 7 minute time limit. Items are off.

Each set will be decided through a best of 3 series of games with the Advanced Slobs counter-picking system. The format of this system is as follows:

For the first game of the set, both players announce their character that they will be using without the other player knowing (optional).
The map is decided in one of two ways, if both players are able to agree on a neutral map then that one will be played, if the players are unable to agree on a map then it shall be decided through the game’s random function, which only contains maps on the neutral list.

For the second and third game, the format is a bit different. The loser of the previous game first picks the map that will be played, this can be from the neutral or counter-pick list. Once the map has been selected the winner of the previous game chooses their character, the loser – who has chosen the map – chooses their character last.

The Neutral and Counter-pick stage list is as follows:

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpick Stages
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Luigis Mansion
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet(D)
Pictochat
Delfino Plaza (D)
Mario Circuit (D)
Onett (D)
Green Greens (D)
Green Hill Zone (D)
Bridge of Eldin (D)
Corneria (D)

BANNED
All other stages

and MKS INFINITE DIMENSIONAL CAPE!!!!

(D) signifies the stage is not selectable if someone is using Dedede, unless both players agree.

We will be having two televisions running the tournament matches, unlike the previous tournaments though, i have no way to record matches so unless someone brings some means of a recording device (let me know if you plan to), all that will be posted will be the brackets.

Sadly im not rich. ive got two tv's (and one barely passes as a tv) so if anyone wants to help out by bringing spare tv's/wiis/pal brawls/other games that would really help out!

Currant Entrants List:
Muzga
Sam
Daterian
Sam1
Mic_128
Cal
Ichigo
Glenn
Daniel
Jon
Andrew
Bournabog
Robo-ninja
Brax
John
Callum
Synnic
Kewl_niven
karl
Adrian

In order to set this tournament up and make it work im going to need a fair bit of help since ive never done anything like this before.
We will be offering lifts from warwick station and back for anyone who wants to come along!

Hope to see you there!
Take care!

Daterian

Smash Cadet
Sam and Myself can probably make it, so put us down ^^. Man, we live right in the middle of PK and Marangaroo, why cant you people live closer! :p

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey peeps..! i've left a roster of my working schedule at home so i can work some tournament days in my favour for I AM A GREEDY OLIMAR.. >_>

Anyways.. I surprisngly will be home for my week off at that time heh so i will be coming..! Its great to see more people start taking some initiative and help build this scene through tournaments, gatherings and most of all the perth thread.. Perths definately getting some fire in its eyes so im really looking forward to coming to your next tournament..!

Thanks muzga for being able to hold the next tournament and i hope to see you all there..

BLAH..!

Muzga

Smash Ace
hey cal, how do you record the brawl videos on your laptop? would 2 weeks be enough time for me to prepare such arrangements? perhaps for my dodgy pc? because id really like to chuck videos from this tourny online!

Good to see weve already got a few entrants. hope to see more soon!

Also everyone, to save time if you have a spesific control scheme yould you pm me with your ingame name and your choice of controller settings? that way i can be prepared before anyone gets here:p

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
PK Brawl III - Vids!

Hey all, sorry for the delays - I've been pretty flat out this week.
As you may have noticed, the vids have been up on youtube for a few days now, now all I've got to do is link them here.

Huge thanks to Eric for his work with doing the majority of the compression, it made things so much faster and easier :D

Muzga - Put me down for the tournament, it looks like I'll be free that day :)
I'll send you a PM about the specifics of recording shortly.

Anyways, sorry for keeping you all waiting, here is a compiled list of all of the matches played in PK Brawl 3, enjoy!

Round 1

s&y(Snake) vs Brax(Gano/Wolf)
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Cal(Shiek/Fox) vs C7(Pit/Snake)
Match 1
Match 2

Dice(MK) vs Luigi(Zelda/IC's)
Match 1
Match 2

Eric(Fox) vs Dan(Olimar)
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Sam(TL/Snake) vs n1v(ROB)
Match 1
Match 2

Round 1 Losers

Dan(Olimar) vs Luigi(IC's/Shiek)
Match 1
Match 2

Brax(Bowser/Lucario/Wolf) vs Cal(CF/Peach/Fox)
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Round 2

Muzga(MK) vs Dinos(Ike/Pikachu)
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Sam(TL) vs Ric(Olimar/Diddy)
Match 1
Match 2

s&y(Snake) vs C7(Snake)
Match 1
Match 2

Dice(MK) vs Eric(Fox)
Match 1
Match 2

Round 2 Losers

n1v(ROB) vs s&y(Snake)
Match 1
Match 2

Cal(Shiek/Fox) vs Ric(MK/G&W)
Match 1
Match 2

Dan(Olimar) vs Dinos(Ike/Pikachu)
Match 1
Match 2

Ric(Lucario/MK/TL) vs Dan(Olimar)
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Eric(Fox) vs n1v(ROB)
Match 1
Match 2

Round 3

Muzga(MK) vs Sam(TL)
Match 1
Match 2

Dice(MK) vs C7(Pit)
Match 1
Match 2

Round 3 Losers

Dice(Ike/MK) vs Ric(Lucario)
Match 1
Match 2

n1v(ROB) vs Muzga(MK)
Match 1
Only seems to be one match recorded here sorry :(

Ric(g&w) vs Muzga(Gano/MK)
Match 1
Match 2

Round 4

C7(Snake) vs Sam(TL)
Match 1
Match 2

Losers Bracket Finals

Ric(G&W) vs Sam(TL)
Match 1
Match 2 - This one seems broken atm, I'll fix it asap.

PK Brawl 3 Grand Final

C7(Snake) vs Sam(TL)
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4
Match 5

As per usual, if you've noticed any mistakes beyond the ones that I have already pointed out, please let me know and I'll fix them as soon as possible, thanks.

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
hey all new here, me, my bro and my mate will come.....been wanting 2go 2 a tourney for ages but they have all been 2 far away =( lol

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I have self-appointed Mic_128 as the State Representative for the GotGames National Brawl Circuit. <3 you Mic.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Even though I'm not running the current tourneys? I think I'll be getting some help from a few associates ;)

Muzga, title's changed and advertised on PALGN and Aussie-Nintendo

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
Wow, looks like competitive smash here could really be taking off :bee:

I'm happy to help with organization in any way possible, just let me know if you need me to handle anything.

EDIT -
Was just thinking, It'd probably be possible for me to take care of organizing a meet for the players who choose to play offline, allowing for those of us to choose so to complete all of our sets in a single day. Additionally I would be able to record matches, which may provide powerful evidence in the resolving of any dispute that may arise.

Muzga

Smash Ace
its saturday the 2nd of august:p
(woo! sounds like things are about to get really sweet as far as tournament play goes)

so cal, what would be needed to record matches?

Muzga

Smash Ace
Thanks for hosting the upcoming tournament Andre. Count Dean, Daniel and myself (Jonathan) in.

If you would like I could bring my recording device to your place, if you haven't got your hands on one yet.
sweet. thatll make recording for both tvs then!
(if someone brings anything better then my 15-inch:p)

would you please be able to remind me of what ill need to run your recording device in a pm, jon?

Title change again plx
the saturday is on the 2nd of august, not 4th:p

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hello smash children.. Ive been keeping my eyes on this thread whilst away and managed to check out the latest vids before last flying out..

I have to say im really impressed with the overall matches and how improved everyone has become its insane and scary to think how well people have gotten in the span of what? a month?

Mega excited to hear the news about GotGames hosting a brawl league and hoping that things work out in my favour to compete and lodge round results in advance otherwise imma be testing out nintendos horribly lame online system from the wonderfull pilbarra..

Apologies for my absence peeps seeing i cant host many tournaments with Cal doing so in my more permanent absence, i wil however be looking forward to brawlling on with you all at muzgas tournament, hopefully grasping in hand a shiny new white controller ZING..! neways my lunch break is just about over so i wish you all the best and hope to hear more news on this tournament CAO..!

BLAH..!

Muzga

Smash Ace
just a reminder to
everyone. PK brawl 4 is NEXT saturday.
and you should be here by 12 so we can begin!
(just got 2 guests:p)
Just dont waste your petrol guys:p

Yes it is on,
Next saturday
9 parin road, marangaroo.
Be there!

Im looking forward to seeing how everyones developed!
theres gonna be about 25 people here including spectators.
Hopefully it should run without a problem though.

Cal-

Smash Apprentice
I just asked brax, he'll be there.
s&y is down here tonight I think, I'll ask whether he'll be going when I get the chance.

Synnic

Smash Rookie
wow looks like there will be a big turn out for this upcoming brawl tournament

andre add me to the list as well, chances are ill most likely be free on saturday

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
hey my mate cant make it anymore =/ so it will just be me and my bro, his name is glenn if u wanna chnage his name on the list :D lol

Muzga

Smash Ace
okays. the lists been updated.
also, anyone who requires a lift from the station, would you please PM me so i can get numbers for people who need lifts?

Muzga

Smash Ace
If anyone can bring a spare TV that would be tops.
you seriously dont all want to play tournament matches on a 15-inch screen do you?

Muzga

Smash Ace
cheers niv! i was looking forward to giving you a rematch actually.
you gave me a fair bit of trouble last time!
give me a ring whenn youre near warwick, k?
0421 744 909
if i dont pick up call me on 9343 9076.
woo! more people!!:D

Edit: people who call, my name is andre, not muzga:p

Le Cheese

Smash Rookie
hey me and my friend have never played in a tourney before and wanted to try it out. We're ok, probably get pwned but oh well you have to play good players to get better. My name's Calum and my friend's is evan and also emma may be coming. schaweet:)

Top Bottom