• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTE: Team Real or Team Fake on the Grinch Leak

Team real or fake on Snapchat leak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
No greys allowed. Make your bold choice. This thread is for those who would rather not cycle through hundreds of pages of the discussion thread to gauge consensus.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm saying it's fake. It's just way too optimistic. Seven more characters, with all bar Mach Rider being fan favorites? It's a pipedream.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
It just seems a little too good to be true.
So many characters left to be revealed when we've been told that reveals will slow down? Banjo-Kazooie being one of them no less?
It'd be really cool if it was real, but it just doesn't seem very realistic.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
It's real unless you believe someone thought out planting a profanity laden 4Chan post weeks in advance of spoofing a little known French marketing agency's office and obscure employee on top of faking a wristband and photoshopping the images on it. Anyone who says team fake on this is just being contrarian. Even if the catastrophically small chance it is fake turns out to be the case, it's pure dumb luck because the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It just seems a little too good to be true.
So many characters left to be revealed when we've been told that reveals will slow down? Banjo-Kazooie being one of them no less?
It'd be really cool if it was real, but it just doesn't seem very realistic.
Yeah. This doesn't seem realistic. Well, I don't think that we are getting 7 more characters, all of whom barring Mach Rider are either heavily requested characters or highly expected characters. There's also, like you said, the issue involving the spacing of the reveals. They would have to cram 5 trailers into one direct that will pretty much be packed with content (including the mystery mode, the online modes, the rest of the singleplayer content, and the Vault features will most likely be shown off in this direct).

Last edited:

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I have no aliases and I have no idea wtf you're talking about.

EDIT *above poster had written something about me or someone being another account with an alias and it was since edited.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Here I come, rougher than the rest of them
The best of them, tougher than leather
You can call me Knuckles, unlike Sonic I don't chuckle
I'd rather flex my muscles

I'm hard as nails, it ain't hard to tell
I break 'em down whether they're solid or frail
Unlike the rest I'm independent since my first breath
First test, feel the right, than the worst's left

Born on an island in the heavens
The blood of my ancestors flows inside me
My duty is to save the flower
From evil deterioration

I will be the one to set your heart free, true
Cleanse yourself of them evil spirits that's in you

Streaking lights, loud sounds, and instincts
Are the elements that keep me going
I am fighting my own mission
Nothing's gonna stand in my way

Cleanse yourself of them evil spirits that's in you

Won't be frightened, I'll stand up to all the pain and turmoil
Just believe in myself, won't rely on others
Get this power to wipe out the havoc and anarchy
This is my planet, gonna fight for my destiny

Here I come, rougher than the rest of them
The best of them, tougher than leather
You can call me Knuckles, unlike Sonic I don't chuckle
I'd rather flex my muscles

I'm hard as nails, it ain't hard to tell
I break 'em down whether they're solid or frail
Unlike the rest I'm independent since my first breath
First test, feel the right, than the worst's left

I have no such things as weak spots
Don't approve of him, but gotta trust him
This alliance has a purpose
This partnership is only temporary

Cleanse yourself of evil spirits that got in you

Freedom will be waiting when serenity is restored
This is my planet, I shall not surrender

Get this power to wipe out the havoc and anarchy
This is my planet, gonna fight

Freedom will be waiting when serenity is restored
This is my planet, I shall not surrender

The new porcupine on the block with the buff chest
In the wilderness with the ruggedness
Knock, knock, it's Knuckles, the bloat thrower
Independent flower, Magical Emerald holder
I'll give you the coldest shoulder
My spikes go through boulders
That's why I stay a loner

I was born by myself, I don't need a posse
I get it on by myself, advisories get shelved

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Want it to be real desperately, but I'm still not convinced.
I'd say I'm 50/50.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
If it’s real, I’ll certainly be satisfied with the roster, even though i’m not sure about Chorus kids.

TheCraigadile

Smash Rookie
At first I thought it was a blatant fake, but as the time goes on and I’m after hearing the background, I’m starting to become more optimistic. I would be really excited for this as
  1. Ken is a simple Echo who i would probably use over Ryu.
  2. Geno I don’t really care about, but others do so I would be happy for them.
  3. Isaac has been on my wishlist for years.
  4. Chorus Kids is a pretty odd but unique choice. Interested in them.
  5. Mach Rider is HYPE!
  6. Shadow is meh. Similar situation to Geno.
  7. BANJO BANJO BANJO BANJO BANJO!

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
IDK, does seem to be to good to be true but the effort and connections (both to original source and other leaks) made just seem to coincidental to be just a really elaborate fake so I am leaning more towards real. I think most can agree though that would be incredible if real.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I think it COULD be real but I'm leaning on fake. Simply because we're getting closer and closer to launch. I doubt Sakurai would drop 5 newcomers and 2 echoes in one last Smash direct and Sakurai himself has stated all characters will be revealed before launch. I mean how would you even structure that? The Direct would have to be at least an hour long if not more if Sakurai goes in depth on characters movesets. He still has to talk about "Spirits" mode, trophies, online modes/features, whatever else is in Games & more (like All-Star mode, Event mode, multiman melee, smash run, homerun contest, etc.) That's a LOT to cram into a Smash direct. Am I saying it's not possible? No. Am I saying it's improbable? Yes.

I mean I guess he could do another 50 facts extravaganza but I can't remember were there any character reveals in that besides Mewtwo as DLC at the end? Yes I know it's a different beast all together considering the 3DS game has already been released by the time that direct aired so we knew the entire roster. But I just can't picture another 50 fact extravaganza where Xander Mobius is narrating and then it shows Fact 23: and it's a cinematic reveal trailer for Mach Rider and then Sakurai shows up gives us a "history lesson" on his moveset then it goes back to Xander then it goes to fact 36: it's a cinematic trailer of Isaac then Sakurai appears again, etc. Seems very pace-breaking and doesn't flow that well. I honestly think we're only getting 2 more newcomers and and a few more echoes that's it. So I'm going on team fake and if I'm wrong I'll buy whoever the 1st person to like my comment is a $20 eshop card.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Too good to be true. FAAAAKE.
You're right. All the leaked newcomers are either huge fan favorites, expected characters, or characters scrapped from previous games. This leak also flies in the face of Sakurai's comments, as he said that the newcomer reveals are going to slow down, and I highly doubt that they would drop 5 uniques and 2 echoes in a single direct.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I can't believe this leak. Our newcomer total counting echo fighters would literally go up to 16, and that itself is unbelievable, and the specifics of the newcomers is also quite weird. I get most of them, but Mach Rider? I think between Mr Game and Watch, Little Mac, Duck Hunt, Ice Climbers, and ROB, we have enough retro based fighters. Don't even get me started on the Chorus Kids.

This leak just doesn't look real to me, but I guess we will see when ever the inevitable Smash direct happens.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I believe it's real. Can't be proven fake yet, and it's very exciting to have literally any kind of remotely credible leak beyond just Vergeben's claims.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I don't believe Mach Rider will be in the base game. Also, if these are all the newcomers in the base game, I won't be buying it unless DLC adds someone I want.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
maybe real, but I don't want it to be. Mach Rider instead of Excitebiker? what a load of tosh.
This is exactly how I feel. I'm fine with all the picks but picking Mach Rider, someone less iconic and popular than Excitebiker from a worse game, over Exictebiker would be a bit of a stab in the throat.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
This is exactly how I feel. I'm fine with all the picks but picking Mach Rider, someone less iconic and popular than Excitebiker from a worse game, over Exictebiker would be a bit of a stab in the throat.
Again, I think that Mach provides the moveset ready-made and it's easy for an Excitebiker to be the costume or even a DLC echo.

Dan

Smash Lord
Days like these are always so hard to come home and catch up on everything; I'm Team Real: the shot showing how the banner would wrap around a circle and the panoramic diagram is doing it for me. The Monsters Inc. world in KH3 got leaked in this same weird way.

Dan

Smash Lord
Mach Rider is badass, and he has a gun (which Excite doesn't); Sakurai had mentioned buying a toy gun as a reference for something... I would believe this is it.

I'm not complaining at all as this would be an amazing end to a so far amazing game, but if they swapped Ken and Chorus Kids for Dixie and Waddle Dee it would be sheer perfection.

Dan

Smash Lord
This is the video anyone debating its authenticity wants to watch:

99.99% Team Real; if it's fake, the people involved deserve presidency.

Khao

Smash Lord
Not even remotely buying it. Nothing about this thing is not easily fakable, the amount of characters is ridiculous considering what we've been told, and it's literally just the characters on everyone's wishlists. The only thing that makes this "leak" different than every other one that's already confirmed to be fake is the whole marketing ****, but even if that's the case, it's far from an indication that this was impossible to fake.

Last edited:

Room100

Smash Apprentice
I'm really curious to see how this turns out. I voted Real because that's where facts are leaning towards right now ("it's too good to be true" doesn't mean anything in relation to this awesome game), and I believe Sakurai's statement was more about time and not about quantity.

As for the roster, as was fine as it is already besides personal wants like Sylux and Doom Slayer, so this is just even more icing on the ludicrously tall cake. To anyone saying Mach Rider or Chorus Kids don't deserve it, 1. If they were scrapped in the past then it's a cool idea to see all these plans throughout Smash history come to light, and 2. ...do K Rool or some others really deserve it? Look I agree that Mach and Chorus are weird and I don't personally care about them but realistically there's no reason for characters like K Rool to be in. But if a character is making someone happy, Sakurai included, then the more the merrier.

If this turns out to be fake it'll be one of the best Smash fake leaks ever.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
Also, regardless of if this is real or not, I like that this is at least bringing Vergeben to question. Incineroar was always the weird one out in terms of fan-requested characters (because, for real, basically EVERY newcomer is someone who's been asked for a lot). I've usually aligned with his leaks, but it'll be interesting and juicy to see the conclusion to all these base-roster leak wars.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'm really curious to see how this turns out. I voted Real because that's where facts are leaning towards right now ("it's too good to be true" doesn't mean anything in relation to this awesome game), and I believe Sakurai's statement was more about time and not about quantity.

As for the roster, as was fine as it is already besides personal wants like Sylux and Doom Slayer, so this is just even more icing on the ludicrously tall cake. To anyone saying Mach Rider or Chorus Kids don't deserve it, 1. If they were scrapped in the past then it's a cool idea to see all these plans throughout Smash history come to light, and 2. ...do K Rool or some others really deserve it? Look I agree that Mach and Chorus are weird and I don't personally care about them but realistically there's no reason for characters like K Rool to be in. But if a character is making someone happy, Sakurai included, then the more the merrier.

If this turns out to be fake it'll be one of the best Smash fake leaks ever.
No reason for K.Rool to be in? The main villain of Nintendo's 5th best selling franchise? Yeah he missed 3 games so what!? So did Bowser (SMB2, Super Mario Land, SML2), so did Ridley (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, and Metroid 2: Return of Samus), and Ganondorf technically hasn't appeared in a mainline Zelda since Twilight Princess in 2006. Yet I NEVER see anyone saying they shouldn't be there. Tired of this BS bias towards K.Rool simply because YOU don't like the character. There's PLENTY of characters I dislike in Smash but I can be happy for their fans and can see WHY they deserve to be there. But it doesn't matter now he's in (he should've been in since Melee) and I'm tired of going through this rodeo.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Mach Rider is badass, and he has a gun (which Excite doesn't); Sakurai had mentioned buying a toy gun as a reference for something... I would believe this is it.

I'm not complaining at all as this would be an amazing end to a so far amazing game, but if they swapped Ken and Chorus Kids for Dixie and Waddle Dee it would be sheer perfection.
Mach Rider is the first fighter on an actual vehicle, which is just flat out amazing

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Yeah. This doesn't seem realistic. Well, I don't think that we are getting 7 more characters, all of whom barring Mach Rider are either heavily requested characters or highly expected characters. There's also, like you said, the issue involving the spacing of the reveals. They would have to cram 5 trailers into one direct that will pretty much be packed with content (including the mystery mode, the online modes, the rest of the singleplayer content, and the Vault features will most likely be shown off in this direct).
Keep in mind that Sakurai is a fan of retro characters and we've yet to get one for this game

So Mach Rider would be the closest we will have to a retro character. Mach Rider was one of the characters Sakurai did considered in Melee as well

Dan

Smash Lord
Not even remotely buying it. Nothing about this thing is not easily fakable, the amount of characters is ridiculous considering what we've been told, and it's literally just the characters on everyone's wishlists. The only thing that makes this "leak" different than every other one that's already confirmed to be fake is the whole marketing ****, but even if that's the case, it's far from an indication that this was impossible to fake.
I'm assuming you'll see the light as the day goes on, but here's one morsel of evidence (in a bleeping pyramid):

His name got out AND his LinkedIn is now private/not available. Not only that, but a french Nintendo News site confirmed that this person does work for the company printing all of this.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
No reason for K.Rool to be in? The main villain of Nintendo's 5th best selling franchise? Yeah he missed 3 games so what!? So did Bowser (SMB2, Super Mario Land, SML2), so did Ridley (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, and Metroid 2: Return of Samus), and Ganondorf technically hasn't appeared in a mainline Zelda since Twilight Princess in 2006. Yet I NEVER see anyone saying they shouldn't be there. Tired of this BS bias towards K.Rool simply because YOU don't like the character. There's PLENTY of characters I dislike in Smash but I can be happy for their fans and can see WHY they deserve to be there. But it doesn't matter now he's in (he should've been in since Melee) and I'm tired of going through this rodeo.
Woah there partner. Bold of you to assume I don't like K Rool/didn't want him in. "KRool4Smash!" was my wi-fi password during college. I'm just saying that there's arguments to be made for/against basically any character so to ride solely on that when debating a leak doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom