• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Visiting Ohio

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hey Midwest (and specifically Ohio)

I was planning on traveling throughout America this summer, and while planning everything, I stumbled upon a problem with the Midwest.

[collapse=Background info on the flight etc]As you might know, Ohio is impossible to fly to for a reasonable price. For this reason I'm flying to New York/Pittsburgh and then taking a bus (Greyhound) to Ohio. [/collapse]

I'll be arriving around the 10th or 11th of July. I'm planning on staying 'til the 18th of July. The only issue is that when I leave the Midwest, my plane leaves in Pittsburgh, and there is no Greyhound available that gets me from Ohio to Pittsburgh on time for my plane.

So the question is, is there anyone who could recommend me another service that would get me there or drive me to Pittsburgh the 18th?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I probably couldn't get you to Pittsburgh, but if you were in the Cincinnati area and wanted to visit a 4th of July celebration my family normally holds theirs the weekend after 4th of July, so July 14th I believe. That could be an experience for you. :B

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I need to know a bit more information.

Where exactly in Ohio do you plan to stay? Cincinnati airport has recently been ridiculous with their pricing, but flights from Dayton airport are a cheaper alternative IIRC.

In terms of on the ground travel, I have no idea where your at so I can't recommend anything.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Ramses who do you think you are
I am but a man, just a man, human still. I live and breathe. I do good and bad. Sometimes one more than the other.

I need to know a bit more information.

Where exactly in Ohio do you plan to stay? Cincinnati airport has recently been ridiculous with their pricing, but flights from Dayton airport are a cheaper alternative IIRC.

In terms of on the ground travel, I have no idea where your at so I can't recommend anything.
I was planning on traveling with Jetblue, but they don't fly to Ohio whatsoever. I've tried some other corporations like US Airways and didn't get that great of results.

And yeah, my bad. Being European shines through here as I'm not used to a state being so big and the fact that there are hours of difference between east and west :v I should've elaborated, I thought it'd be best to make sure I can get out in the first place.
I currently have no place to stay, I still need housing. I'd need someone to house me from the 10/11th til the 18th, on which date my flight departs.

I'm planning on asking Juu but Lokii said she could get me housing.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you're housing in NEOH you're about 4 hours away from Ohio ohio, just FYI.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
It's one of the 3 actual areas in Ohio though rofl

ALL OF THE CORNNNNN

(okay theres for sure more than 3 areas but daaaaang so much countryside)

Also we need to go to Cedar Point, Ramses. Seriously. Best amusement park ever.

:phone:

clowsui

Smash Legend
You should probably stay in Ohio for the first 4-5 days of your vacation and then go to NJ for SKTAR since that'll be closer to a cheaper departing airport

Nope

Smash Lord
If you fly into Dayton (like Tako said Dayton and Columbus is cheaper), I would be willing to pick you up and house you until you figure out what else you want to do. Smashfield has players and plenty of couches.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Indeed, plus you're not terribly far away from Columbus. Assuming that I have an actual place by July (which I think is very reasonable), I can host you at whatever my place ends up.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
If you're housing in NEOH you're about 4 hours away from Ohio ohio, just FYI.
lol, for real? I can't stress how false this is.

If you can find housing in Columbus though, you are the middle of the state and not far from anywhere in Ohio. But NEOH affords you a closer drive to Pittsburgh... I'm not sure who can house you though up here.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Also we need to go to Cedar Point, Ramses. Seriously. Best amusement park ever.

:phone:
Sounds legit. I would be up for it haha.

You should probably stay in Ohio for the first 4-5 days of your vacation and then go to NJ for SKTAR since that'll be closer to a cheaper departing airport
I can't afford both. I'm going to SKTAR if I can't get a drive back to Pittsburgh, because I'd rather spend a week with some of my buds haha.

If you fly into Dayton (like Tako said Dayton and Columbus is cheaper), I would be willing to pick you up and house you until you figure out what else you want to do. Smashfield has players and plenty of couches.
The problem is finding flights to Dayton. I don't know too many good American flight corporations.
Thanks a lot for the housing offer though, that's a great start.

Indeed, plus you're not terribly far away from Columbus. Assuming that I have an actual place by July (which I think is very reasonable), I can host you at whatever my place ends up.
You thanks too for the hosting offer.

The main issue is a drive to Pittsburgh though.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I KNOW!!!!!!
Cedar Point day
Cedar point is closer to Toledo
Detroit-Toledo bus to pittsburgh
megabus awww yeyuh

Something involving those plans

Also Ohio/Midwest Cedar Point day is officially happening now
Its true.
We're gonna plan this
and it will rock
and maybe we can go to the beach

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'll need answer one of these days. I can't afford to wait too long with regards to booking flights.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Pittsburgh is 5.5 hours away for me, so no can do. Visiting Ohio but flying into PA is weird.

Edit:

Holy ****, the distance from my workplace to PA is longer than all of Holland.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think paying $300 to save yourself like 9 hours of driving between the two miiiiight be worth it. The drive alone would lower the cost difference significantly. Plus Dayton is closer to everywhere in Ohio; dunno what your plans are, but it would actually probably be easier and less of a hassle for you and your driver to just ask OH people for "travel donations" and they give you money.

If you can find someone willing to drive you to and from PA though, I guess that'd kinda be worth the $300 extra.

Man, a $300 flight to Holland is kinda crazy though.

Nope

Smash Lord
Flying to Columbus
Flying to Dayton
Flying to Pittsburgh
Let us know what places you are willing to fly out of and we can help you price tickets. Since you said you aren't as familiar with American airline companies.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I have to start booking soon and I've looked into more airlines with the help of some friends but I really haven't found anything.

If there's no way to get back to my airport I'll have to drop this :(

I'll let this go until Saturday after which I'll opt for SKTAR.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I can't work with "if" et cetera.

Anyway, I'm leaving this. I need to start booking soon to avoid the price drops and I still need to get some other stuff settled. So yeah.

Thanks for offering help to everyone who offered.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
so your coming to america and you wanna see OHIO!?!? looooooooooooooooooooool
This ^

anyway, there is a melee/P:M tourney in NEOH around this time (I think it's the 10th, not sure)
if you got a flight early enough, you might be able to get a ride down with some PA people if they decide to come, then just carry about your travels from there.

Top Bottom