• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Visible Hitboxes For Yoshi

bigman40

Smash Master
Eternal, you think you can post the PSA for this? I wish to test some stuff with it on and I need to look at downB and Nair (nonsweetspotted). I just wish to confirm some thoughts I had on them.

Sharky, I think it'd be good if you posted these pictures with your Guide. Would help people understand Yoshi attacks better.

~Mieu

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
The hitbox pictures Eternal Yoshi made for us are awesome, but thought it would be even more beneficial for spacing if we could actually see Yoshi's feet/tail superimposed on the hitboxes. I took some of the pictures from Sharky's guide and copied/pasted them over Eternal Yoshi's hitbox pictures using Paint (notes on how some of the pictures were matched up are included). I made these a while ago, but forgot to post them:

Jab 1:

Jab 2:

Ftilt:

Dtilt:

Nair:

Fair:

Bair:

Uair: (this one has to be wrong; the tip of Yoshi's tail is definitely a hitbox)

Dair:

Those moves for which I didn't make superimposed images had pictures that could not be usefully combined, or in the case of Dsmash, I wasn't sure which hit was which.

Since Sharky and Eternal took pictures from different angles, the Yoshis in the guide/hitbox images don't match up perfectly (rather poorly in some of 'em), it'd be great if someone could make better superimposed images by taking pictures of Yoshi's moves with and without hitboxes from the same angle/zoom. Putting them together in Paint isn't hard.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Nice job. :D

Regarding the different sizes of the boxes and where they're supposed to be/not supposed to be, keep in mind that the size and number of boxes on any particular move can change (and many do) during the active frames of the move (active frames being the frames where "attack" hitboxes are present). For example, neutral air has a notably bigger hitbox (or it's supposed to, at least) in the first few active frames of the move, where the picture in the above post shows the box for the move as it's nearing its end even though the graphic depicts the beginning of the move. Up air, similarly, may just have a change in size or number of boxes at some point.

Pictures like the ones provided by Eternal Yoshi are great to get an idea of moves, but remember that the active frames are important and that the boxes during them can change (sometimes significantly).

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I've been away for a while I know.
I lost the FitYoshiMotionEtc.pac file and have to rebuild it to go with the FitYoshi.pac so the hitboxes will display properly.

Will upload them when I can.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
P.S

I know this'll be a hassle but do you think we can get the Hitbox pics Frame by Frame?

D:
If we can find a way to get the hitboxes to work with extended tail animations, someone can make a video and slow it down to show how the hitboxes work. I've seen a video like this for Bowser.

Also, Eternal Yoshi is awesome for working on this.

Judo777

Smash Master
wait if his tail extends further than the hitbox doesnt that mean the moves have negative priority (aka hit hurt box extends further than his hitbox does)?

Yikarur

Smash Master
the hitbubbles are not 100% accurate, I notice that when I compare my frame data with the bubbles and tested it multiple times, sometimes there is a bubble but not a hitbox.
very inaccurate bubbles :(

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
wait if his tail extends further than the hitbox doesnt that mean the moves have negative priority (aka hit hurt box extends further than his hitbox does)?
the hitbubbles are not 100% accurate, I notice that when I compare my frame data with the bubbles and tested it multiple times, sometimes there is a bubble but not a hitbox.
very inaccurate bubbles :(
They may not be 100% accurate, but dtilt's hitbox is noticeably shorter than his tail is.

bigman40

Smash Master
Dtilt, Fsmash, and Fair (maybe Nair too) don't have hitboxes overlapping Yoshi's Hurtboxes. Everything else is perfectly overlapped with the exception of Yoshi's Dair (hixboxes blew his feet) and Uair (slight hitboxes on the side of him).

Top Bottom