• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City 9 - This weekend! HYPE!

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
Wtf? I have every right to complain about a blatant seeding error. Like Mew2King, I am a top seed, and we are crewmates. I should not be playing him any time before semi-finals. I'm not that upset over it because I only lost to really good players and I won teams. Don't accuse me of rigging brackets. That's stupid and clearly false. Sorry, but one single event in June =/= the standard.

@Bum: <3. Keep coming to NJ, aka MK Country, AKA We **** at Teams Land.
Well, until you change your disgusting signature; that looks like a retired, medieval, bearded man, I will continue to rant about you playing with the brackets as if it was your own balls, only to give yourself pleasure.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
maybe forte was 4th seed and you were just unlucky enough to be put in m2ks bracket. chances are youd have to play m2k at some point anyway, so if its early, than you will just play a bunch of noobs in losers anyway. since you are 4th seed, you should easily handle them.
I played Forte immediately in losers and should probably be 4th seed over him at this point. I'm not trying to sound cocky. I'm just going off of the facts. I didn't face any noobs in losers. After him would have been dmbrandon and then Pierce.

teh_spamerer said:
June 07, 2008(almost)
Inui puts me, dmbrandon, Emblem Lord, Atomsk, and Bajisci on the same side of the bracket. The best people on the other side are Eazy, Ether, and Inui. dmbrandon loudly complains for 30 minutes and then Inui swaps me and Eazy while making fun of dmbrandon by saying that he's only complaining because I'm on his side of the bracket.
What? I immediately corrected it. I made the mistake of overrating Eazy.

You are forgetting something, as well. Keitaro was on the same side as me, and he was/is a good player like the rest of the people you mentioned. Nice job leaving out a fact to make me look worse.

June 28, 2008
Inui let's dmbrandon make the doubles bracket. Chu+M2K and Azen+Chillin are on the same side of the bracket. Guess what side Inui+Diem are on? Yup, the other side.
I don't see how I can "let" dmbrandon make the bracket when he was the main host of Montage's events. He decided to do it that way, and the results turned out pretty accurately. I've always been a very high seed in doubles.

I fight Azen before Inui does, that makes perfect sense. Because of that I have to fight Malcolm and dmbrandon to get to the same spot as where Inui fights Atomsk.
That was a mistake (not even a very large one considering how many amazing players where there that could be seeded highly). However, it certainly wasn't "rigging" of any kind. Why would I make myself fight Azen before semi-finals knowing I'd lose and have to face Atomsk, someone who was ****** me at the time? Btw, Malcom was an unknown player at the time and not a high seed at all, so don't pretend fighting him was a big deal.

EC Presents: Harry Potter & the Planking Meta
October 04, 2008

Inui lets Keitaro make the bracket. <_< wonderful bracket making decisions.
Keitaro and NinjaEdd made the bracket and other people like Atomsk looked it over. They all said it was fine, and so the tournament began. I trusted them to do fine. I did not make that bracket at all.

Yes, this is a long time ago and your brackets no longer suck all the time. HOWEVER, it is complete bull**** to say that brackets at your events were all 100% perfect except for where you moved Bajisci
Excuse me, but I never said all of my brackets were perfect. Mistakes can happen.

I said I never rigged anything besides putting Bajisci with Atomsk way back in June hoping that Atomsk would lose. Even at that event, I didn't have many easy matches and I won the tournament and even had the play out grand finals to do so. I don't rig brackets.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, spam doesn't seem like hes your friend to me lmao.
Yeah, he's quite possibly my absolute worst enemy on the boards. I can't think of anyone that consistently damages my reputation and attacks me more than he does.

We're mad chill in person and over AIM, though.

Strange.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
What? I immediately corrected it. I made the mistake of overrating Eazy.
You did not immediately correct it. Maybe you didn't spend 30 minutes but you sure as hell didn't correct it immediately. dm said it was NONSENSE numerous times and then you repeatedly made fun of him for only saying that because I was on his side of the bracket.

You are forgetting something, as well. Keitaro was on the same side as me, and he was/is a good player like the rest of the people you mentioned. Nice job leaving out a fact to make me look worse.
When Keitaro complained on numerous occasions that his worst matchup is against Marth and that he considers it instant loss and you beat him in sets prior to that tournament...he is NOT a threat.

I don't see how I can "let" dmbrandon make the bracket when he was the main host of Montage's events.
And yet you somehow managed to make the singles bracket at the tournament at the venue you procured.

He decided to do it that way, and the results turned out pretty accurately. I've always been a very high seed in doubles.
...the results don't make the bracket fair. If Azen and M2K fight R1 in winners and then the loser beasts losers bracket and gets second it doesn't make it fair that they fought R1. Also, are you seriously saying you deserved to be seeded higher than one of those teams? In terms of skill you didn't deserve it and 3/4 of the members were the only people who came from MD/VA.

That was a mistake (not even a very large one considering how many amazing players where there that could be seeded highly). However, it certainly wasn't "rigging" of any kind. Why would I make myself fight Azen before semi-finals knowing I'd lose and have to face Atomsk, someone who was ****** me at the time? Btw, Malcom was an unknown player at the time and not a high seed at all, so don't pretend fighting him was a big deal.
It's not that you couldn't fight him later, it's that you fought him before me. Worked out for me since I lost to Chillin in losers and would have lost earlier if I fought him where you did but it doesn't make the decision nice.

Malcolm said:
Winners' bracket
Defeated Pride
Lost to Bajisci

Losers' bracket
Defeated Spaz
Defeated Eazy
Defeated Keitaro
Lost to Teh Spamerer

Overall placing: 13/62

Keitaro and NinjaEdd made the bracket and other people like Atomsk looked it over. They all said it was fine, and so the tournament began. I trusted them to do fine. I did not make that bracket at all.
I never said you made the bracket. But you entrusted it to people who shouldn't have made it. Obvious error: Punishment Divine gets a bye and NinjaLink doesn't LOLOL

Excuse me, but I never said all of my brackets were perfect. Mistakes can happen.

I said I never rigged anything besides putting Bajisci with Atomsk way back in June hoping that Atomsk would lose. Even at that event, I didn't have many easy matches and I won the tournament and even had the play out grand finals to do so. I don't rig brackets.
merriam webster said:
to manipulate or control usually by deceptive or dishonest means <rig an election>
Some of the bracket decisions you have made could easily be considered dishonest/deceptive. Also, fawking run pools at your events so no one will complain

B@sic Sausage

Smash Apprentice

You did not immediately correct it. Maybe you didn't spend 30 minutes but you sure as hell didn't correct it immediately. dm said it was NONSENSE numerous times and then you repeatedly made fun of him for only saying that because I was on his side of the bracket.

When Keitaro complained on numerous occasions that his worst matchup is against Marth and that he considers it instant loss and you beat him in sets prior to that tournament...he is NOT a threat.

And yet you somehow managed to make the singles bracket at the tournament at the venue you procured.

...the results don't make the bracket fair. If Azen and M2K fight R1 in winners and then the loser beasts losers bracket and gets second it doesn't make it fair that they fought R1. Also, are you seriously saying you deserved to be seeded higher than one of those teams? In terms of skill you didn't deserve it and 3/4 of the members were the only people who came from MD/VA.

It's not that you couldn't fight him later, it's that you fought him before me. Worked out for me since I lost to Chillin in losers and would have lost earlier if I fought him where you did but it doesn't make the decision nice.

I never said you made the bracket. But you entrusted it to people who shouldn't have made it. Obvious error: Punishment Divine gets a bye and NinjaLink doesn't LOLOL

Some of the bracket decisions you have made could easily be considered dishonest/deceptive. Also, fawking run pools at your events so no one will complain
not to mention ur fat

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
Come on people now
smile on your brother
everybody get together
and love one another
right now

Well, except Inui and Spam, this is better than the Super bowl, they both have no flavor but heck, fun to watch.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't recall it taking a lot of time at all.

You still forgot to list him, possibly just to make the seeding look worse than it was just to make me look worse (seems to be your favourite hobby on Smashboards).

I think that was our first Marth vs Falco set................

Usually multiple members of the crew make the brackets. I didn't touch the doubles bracket and dmbrandon and NinjaEdd did it.

An extreme situation like that isn't really relevant because nothing that extreme has happened with regards to me.

I don't really care if we deserved it or not. At worst, we were seed 3, and I didn't make the teams bracket at all.

And such mistakes have not been repeated for many months. Why continue to complain about something when it hasn't happened for such a long time? I don't intend on trusting others with brackets anymore because I personally get screwed over a lot and I have to listen to people like you complain about things from half a year ago so much.

Some of the bracket decisions you have made could easily be considered dishonest/deceptive. Also, fawking run pools at your events so no one will complain.
Well, if you think that, oh well. You can either believe me that I don't rig brackets and stop complaining, not believe me and continue to pointlessly complain (if you haven't realized all these years, I do not change), or you can show your distaste for my brackets by not attending my events. It's up to you.

I will not be running pools at my events. I'd rather put an event like crews or low tiers in.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
And such mistakes have not been repeated for many months. Why continue to complain about something when it hasn't happened for such a long time? I don't intend on trusting others with brackets anymore because I personally get screwed over a lot and I have to listen to people like you complain about things from half a year ago so much.
Do you ever actually read what people post?
Don't accuse me of rigging brackets. That's stupid and clearly false. Sorry, but one single event in June =/= the standard.
me said:
I'm getting tired of reading this nonsense in like 2910138120938902 threads so I'm going to dispel it.
You have made it sound in over 9000 threads that you have only made only one bracket mistake in your life. That is 100% false and I felt like pointing out that you're lying. That's not complaining, that's being..."blunt and honest" :bee:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No, I didn't say I only made one bracket mistake. I said I only minorly rigged (and I use that term pretty loosely considering how accurate the seeding by skill/crews was anyways) a bracket once.

That is true.

Actual mistakes have been made more than once, with almost none in the past few months, but rigging doesn't happen. That's what I'm defending myself against constantly, so stop accusing me of rigging brackets.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Hey all, just letting everyone know that me and Alex are going to come up with the next monthly date hopefully by tomorrow! Most likely it won't be until March just because there's so many tournaments in Feb and it's a short month. Soo technically it's not a monthly haha, but we're shooting to make it first week in March.

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
Ok, seriously guys, you gotta sneak into the kitchen to get a snack without waking daddy, when you pass by, you gotta press his alarm clock, will he wake up? "wakes up" back to bed! DON"T WAKE DADDY! Ok, why the f*ck would you press the man's alarm clock if you are trying not to wake him up? I hate these kid games, what was the other one? Hungry hungry hippos, ok so you got to make your hippo obese no matter what, even if he is full you gotta keep munching until his greed destroys him.

Misleading games that DM probably plays.
If you are not quick, Sh*t comes out your chest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3syQV7WDAU&feature=related

The most ******** voice I ever heard..wait, put your balls WHERE!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV1h...C4A3E8D6&index=53&playnext=4&playnext_from=PL

Ok, time to let your kids golf with a f*cking wild animal that eats your ball and flings it back at you at light speed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8lD...C4A3E8D6&index=52&playnext=3&playnext_from=PL

I want to money match Spam in this game, although I am under the impression that it requires crack to play because I am not sure how the kids see smilie faces and checkers giving high fives but ok http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUkCPPJ1CNw&feature=related

Warning, may cause blindness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHJrZZ-G0VI&feature=related

Ok, one more MR. f*ck it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8OUCipRNuE&feature=related

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hey all, just letting everyone know that me and Alex are going to come up with the next monthly date hopefully by tomorrow! Most likely it won't be until March just because there's so many tournaments in Feb and it's a short month. Soo technically it's not a monthly haha, but we're shooting to make it first week in March.
Will this one be a Melee Monthly or a Brawl one?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Yeah, these are most likely going to stay Brawl from now on. Alu has the Melee bi-weeklies, and even Vanz said there's enough Melee tournies going on so it wouldn't be a complete loss if I couldn't do it.

I do apologize for the laggy TV's but I figured it would happen. I'm going to try and obtain another two set's of component cables so that the other two won't be AS bad. But I think with the amount of TV's people will bring we will be able to work around that in the future. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the venue though. I'm pretty sure we could fit a couple more TV's in there if need be.

Next time I'll try to make sure all TV's have no tripping enabled.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
VC?

The venue was good. Alex was a really good host besides a few seeding errors I'm sure he'll never repeat. I hope there's more of these in the future.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
VC?

The venue was good. Alex was a really good host besides a few seeding errors I'm sure he'll never repeat. I hope there's more of these in the future.

The venue was really good except for some laggy TVs but that will change in the future so this monthlies will be really good as they go on.

Also Inui are you still housing people for COT4? If so can you house me if their is space?

lightxdream

Smash Apprentice

The venue was really good except for some laggy TVs but that will change in the future so this monthlies will be really good as they go on.

Also Inui are you still housing people for COT4? If so can you house me if their is space?
I want to really know how this will change...people will bring MORE tvs I hope then lolz.

SRLY what do people expect lan centers to be...all crts I seen those fail miserable *cough nyclan cough* cause they wanna be competitive...for lan centers its about casual and I got comp cables for most but what can u do with native 720p/1080i/1080p tvs and a **** game thats 480p >_<

Im glad people brought tvs though to help out and I said to many...if you want to play on regular tvs you can just dont stay in a 10 match line cause I will take the ppl at the end and force them to play.

I am not staying til 1am cause a mid level player who uses a **** MK wants a non laggy tv while top level players come to me and say " you want me toplay on teh laggy tv to get it done quicker".

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Keep hosting alex your the best tourny host and all your tournaments have like 70+ haha :)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Tentative date for the next one: March 7th

I CAN'T exactly update the title or first page cause someone is banned >_>

lightxdream

Smash Apprentice
btw guys if anyone has my white controller and classic controller please tell me my white controller had a marth sticker on the side of it

GuruKid

Smash Ace
So upset I didn't make it to the first tournament... I'll be sure to make this one. Heard the recent one was lots of fun.

btw guys if anyone has my white controller and classic controller please tell me my white controller had a marth sticker on the side of it
... Someone stole your controller?

Top Bottom