• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

loganhogan

Smash Ace
*Ignores Diddy*

Anyway, we should really get back to Anna herself. Have we discussed her other animations yet? Like her Taunts, Victory, Lose, Sleeping, Swimming animations etc etc? :/
The restore staff could be implemented in her sleeping animation, and be the means to shine on her to wake her up. I remember staff users in FE10 had the ability to do that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sorry. I mean no harm.

Anna is just really unlikely.

According to my : OWN, PERSONAL, HUMBLE, LOWLY, OPINION nothingmorenothingless

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The restore staff could be implemented in her sleeping animation, and be the means to shine on her to wake her up. I remember staff users in FE10 had the ability to do that.
That does sound pretty interesting. And a nice little way to wake her up in comparison to other characters in the game. :)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Cool idea that adds some humor as well.

After all, Anna could have allusions to other FE games other than Awakening, which wouldn't be a stretch since she appeared in all FE games except Gaiden.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sorry. I mean no harm.

Anna is just really unlikely.

According to my : OWN, PERSONAL, HUMBLE, LOWLY, OPINION nothingmorenothingless
You already said it once, you don't need to keep spouting the same **** like a broken record.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Okay how about this for Anna's victory and lose animations?

* Anna does her victory animation from Fire Emblem Awakening and says "Another happy customer"

* Anna puts her sword out and says to the player "Keep this up and someday I may love you even more than money! Haha... no, seriously."

* Anna sits on her giant bag of money and basically does the same pose as this image and says "CHE-CHING!" as she winks.

* Her lose animation would be her staring at the floor and looking as if she has lost a ton of gold. Or her just applauding the winner.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I think one of her taunts should be her "Violence is on sale today!" quote. That'd be really funny. I like your ideas though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think one of her taunts should be her "Violence is on sale today!" quote. That'd be really funny. I like your ideas though.
YES! That quote should definitely be in the game in some form. Maybe as she enters the stage perhaps? Eitherway, she should definitely use that quote. :awesome:

And thanks. :grin:

@Kikwi-Kiwi: do you mind if I put those ideas in the OP?
Sure go ahead, I'm trying to help the thread around anyway. ^_^ It would be a shame to leave these ideas buried in the middle of the pages anyway. Especially if we get interrupted with more anti Anna arguments... >_>

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, I feel like an old person for saying this, even though it was only six or so months ago. But still.

Back in the day, we had a Rate Their Chances thread here. It's sort of funny. Back then, Anna was dismissed by pretty much everyone (myself included, though I'm less cynical about her now) and got abysmal scores. I wonder: if the RTC thread were to be redone in today's age of speculation, would Anna do better? I personally think so, seeing as there is actually a decent fanbase for her now.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Okay, I feel like an old person for saying this, even though it was only six or so months ago. But still.

Back in the day, we had a Rate Their Chances thread here. It's sort of funny. Back then, Anna was dismissed by pretty much everyone (myself included, though I'm less cynical about her now) and got abysmal scores. I wonder: if the RTC thread were to be redone in today's age of speculation, would Anna do better? I personally think so, seeing as there is actually a decent fanbase for her now.
Well I didn't contribute to the RTC thread so I wouldn't know but Anna has currently 14 supporters who have commented in this thread so I guess if all these people were to show their support on RTC she will likely do better I guess. And if we count her fanbase as a whole who want to see her in smash she'd no doubt do just fine.

But that's just me really...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want to reply but at the same time I don't wanna be sounding like an asshole. Wat do?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm doubting that Anna will be on the roster if the support is coming in now.
Yeah. I would agree. I think the roster has pretty much been finalized at this point, and its more a matter of who will be bumped out from Sakurai's primary list rather than who Sakurai will add to it.

Also, this may tie into the topic here since people are curious about whether Anna is popular in Japan. Well, on a Japanese FE forum, there was a topic about who their favorite "red-headed FE character" was. You can probably guess which character came up the most...
:roymelee:

Cain from Marth's games was the second most common name. Anna was only mentioned 2-3 times in the entire topic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No mention of Cordelia? :awesome:

What's with me liking all the lance users...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also, this may tie into the topic here since people are curious about whether Anna is popular in Japan. Well, on a Japanese FE forum, there was a topic about who their favorite "red-headed FE character" was. You can probably guess which character came up the most...

Cain from Marth's games was the second most common name. Anna was only mentioned 2-3 times in the entire topic.
Quite curious that Anna isn't popular in Japan after all... perhaps I should mention that in the OP for when I add a pros and cons section.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No mention of Cordelia? :awesome:

What's with me liking all the lance users...
A lot of the popular choices aside from Roy were characters from Marth's games (Cain, Julian, Minerva, Maria). Aside from characters from Marth's games, there was Alvis, Azel, Jill, Allen, and Eliwood that came up a bit.

I don't remember how often Cordelia came up.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
A lot of the popular choices aside from Roy were characters from Marth's games (Cain, Julian, Minerva, Maria). Aside from characters from Marth's games, there was Alvis, Azel, Jill, Allen, and Eliwood that came up a bit.

I don't remember how often Cordelia came up.
No Titania, what the heck and Cordelia was the 2nd most popular female parent character in awakening. First is somehow, Tharja.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No Titania, what the heck and Cordelia was the 2nd most popular female parent character in awakening. First is somehow, Tharja.
I am sure Titiania came up a few times.

Also, although Lucina is a popular character in FE13, her popularity does not translate into interest for Smash 4. This may sound strange, but there have been several cases of this phenomenon in the past. For example, FE4 was very popular in Japan, yet there was little interest to see Sigurd/Celice playable.

A much more prominent example would be Toad. Toad is incredibly popular in Japan, and is even the most popular racer of the Mario Kart series in Japan, yet there is little interest for him to become a playable character in Japan.

So Anna not being asked for playable status in Japan does not necessarily hurt her in comparison to Lucina, since there is little interest in her as well.

I have no idea why the West likes Anna much more than Japan does.

As said earlier, Anna's best shot for playable status this time is either manifesting as an idea by Sakurai himself or a suggestion from Intelligent Systems. The only thing popularity will help Anna with would be getting in as an Assist Trophy.

However, if she continues to be popular among Smash Bros. and FE fans, and continues to have playable roles in future FE titles, she would be a very serious contender for Smash 5.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I want to reply but at the same time I don't wanna be sounding like an *******. Wat do?
Well, I don't hold anything against Anna. I actually like her character design in Awakening.
I just don't see her as likely as people who support her claim. I find that her chances are blown WAY out of proportion by those who support her, especially considering how competed the FE stots are. Likewise, I gotta side with Diddy on the fact that Impa, who's got a better shot, gets a lot of hate.
Granted, that's probably Diddy's own fault.
Well then, instead of putting debuffs on our characters how about you go put some buffs on yours? I have no illusions of Anna's likelihood, and nothing you say or do will rescind my support of Anna, nothing, you're only breeding hatred and stupidity through these sorts of things. Maybe if I come to the Impa thread and see your passion for Impa I might want her in as well, but take that tripe out of here. This isn't so much directed at you two as everyone who does this, and thanks for finally simmering down/holding back (I know this is a bit late).

Hey, she WAS my first Avatar S support.

Okay how about this for Anna's victory and lose animations?
* Anna does her victory animation from Fire Emblem Awakening and says "Another happy customer"
* Anna puts her sword out and says to the player "Keep this up and someday I may love you even more than money! Haha... no, seriously."
* Anna sits on her giant bag of money and basically does the same pose as this image and says "CHE-CHING!" as she winks.
* Her lose animation would be her staring at the floor and looking as if she has lost a ton of gold. Or her just applauding the winner.
On that note, she could say something like her confession scene when in a team battle: "Keep this up and I may start to love you more than money! Hahaha!" But not the part after the ellipsis, because that's what makes it a confession scene, not just regular whimsical Anna. Anna reminds me a lot of Morgan too, both are so bubbly and whimsi-*GASP*, Anna x Avatar is now part of my head canon.
Trickster victory animation is eeeeehhhh, I don't really like any of their victory animations in FE.
Losing? Grumpy/focused face, and applauding, hands close to her face and slightly turned away.

Well, guys, what do you think about the Levin sword? If she gets in I really think her two main weapons should be staffs and the Levin sword.
Now that I think about it, she's a really good excuse to get a staff wielder into the game as well, even if in FE they don't attack with it surely she can, huh! And with the Levin sword she can use magic attacks AND sword strikes!

IT'S BECAUSE WE'RE GREEDY CAPITALISTS WHO LOVE WHIMSICAL AND STRONG-WILLED WOMEN. Also I'd say she's pretty cute :3

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Did someone mention taunts?

I personally think one of her taunts should have her flipping a coin or something(maybe tossing the coin in the air, then spinning and catching it). Maybe have her say "CHA-CHING!" when she does it. Another taunt should involve that fist-pump thing she does when she KOs an enemy while using a sword.

IMHO her FS should be Lethality, perhaps with a bow. I could also see her not being affected by terrain.

D

Deleted member

Well then, instead of putting debuffs on our characters how about you go put some buffs on yours? I have no illusions of Anna's likelihood, and nothing you say or do will rescind my support of Anna, nothing, you're only breeding hatred and stupidity through these sorts of things. Maybe if I come to the Impa thread and see your passion for Impa I might want her in as well, but take that tripe out of here. This isn't so much directed at you two as everyone who does this, and thanks for finally simmering down/holding back (I know this is a bit late).
You know... I get the feeling you're very easily trolled.

If I was that kinda guy I could have easily started a flame war between two characters I don't particularly care for.

All I was saying was my own opinion on the character to try and see where the support comes from, maybe even see if you guys manage to convince me to hop on the bandwagon. It was mostly directed at Yuii, logan, Mask and Frost. As I was more than anything curious about the situation, that's all. I took sides with Diddy because the guy was getting eaten alive so I thought I'd lend a hand and a voice of reason. That's all. I didn't intend to start a flame war, or to "debuff" your character. This isn't some sort of election or political campaign. Hell, like Chrono said, the Roster's likely been settled by now.

I still stand by the idea that FE should get a spinoff fighting game. Then we can see the likes of Anna take the stage as a fighter.

Fire Emblem X Soul Calibur anyone?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, on a Japanese FE forum, there was a topic about who their favorite "red-headed FE character" was. You can probably guess which character came up the most...
Japan loves their Roy. I'm clueless as to why considering he's a pretty mediocre character in Melee and The Binding Blade, but this is not the Roy thread so I'll drop the topic.

Anna is somewhat of a meme in the Fire Emblem fanbase, at least from what I've seen. She's kind of the "troll-ish" character of the fanbase in a vein to someone like Waluigi or Tingle, and at worst she's depicted as a scam artist.

I still stand by the idea that FE should get a spinoff fighting game.

Fire Emblem X Soul Calibur anyone?
Fire Emblem + Dynasty Warriors. Don't care if it's technically not a fighting game, that would be neato.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anna is somewhat of a meme in the Fire Emblem fanbase, at least from what I've seen. She's the "troll-ish" character of the fanbase in a vein to someone like Waluigi or Tingle, though to a lesser extent.
In a sense, she's kinda like that, with that whole RNG goddess stuff, since the RNG can screw you up in Fire Emblem.

Take a look:
RNGGoddess.png

D

Deleted member

I don't get it... What exactly makes her the RGN Goddess?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Japan loves their Roy. I'm clueless as to why considering he's a pretty mediocre character in Melee and The Binding Blade, but this is not the Roy thread so I'll drop the topic.
I think a lot of it stems from them:
1. Loving Roy in Melee (most people who play Smash Bros. are not competitive players).
2. Getting into the FE series through enjoying Roy in Melee.
3. FE6 being their first game in the FE series, as well as FE6 being highly regarded in general (just look at those review aggregates I posted from a Japanese game review website . FE7, which was closely related to Roy's game, was also highly regarded).
4. Roy being a pretty cool character in Hasha no Tsurigi, which was a FE6 tie-in manga that ran in Shonen Jump for a bit.

I am surprised about how much activity this topic has had. I wonder if this is permanent, or whether its going die down a week or two from now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't get it... What exactly makes her the RGN Goddess?
Don't ask me. All I know is that she's just known as that throughout the FE fanbase.

Like Habanero said, she's kind of a trollish character not unlike Waluigi and Tingle.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anna ain't beating Roy. Sorry.

Waluigi and Tingle also shouldn't be playable.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Anna ain't beating Roy. Sorry
Its also debatable whether she (or Lucina) can even beat out Chrom. Chrom has the most support of any FE13 character. I wonder how much support Chrom would have had if he was not "bland" (although he gets outshined by My Unit and Lucina in FE13, I am talking more about him being another blue-haired swordsmen who is mercenary-like).

D

Deleted member

Master Knight class or bust for me.

and since we're probably not getting Master Knight Anna, I'd say bust.

Top Bottom