• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

D

Deleted member

Well, I don't think it's stupid. I just think it's too soon. I like the character's design and concept, and she has a lot going for her, but her getting in over a lord will be a near impossible battle.

Man, the more and more I look at FE the more 'meh' I feel about it. Roy for example, no matter how much I try to work a decent moveset for him, comes out as a poor man's Shulk. He can't inherit badass punching moves like Sol, because he lacks the spine for it.

Chrom is about as plain as you can get, sure his design is cool, but he's just a less cool verison of Ike.

Lucina's got a good shot, but her playing differently from Marth is a stretch, granted, she makes a better arguement for being a Semi-clone than Roy, considering Marth is her ancestor. Hell, she could have totally different moves, but her playstyle would be similar. Sort of like Wolf is to Fox. However, TWO lords from the same continent is kinda overkill, an Elibe lord would be better.

Anna's got neat fighting potential, but imo, she's not important enough in the series.

I guess Shorty was right, Lyn's our only good shot at a unique and interesting fighter from FE, but given her drop in support I'm not putting forth any bets.

Imo, we're gonna get Lucina, and we'd better learn to like her.

D

Deleted member

^^^^ Is there an edit of that picture with Groose and Zelda?

Groose is awesome btw, I wanna see him in more Zelda titles.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I don't think it's stupid. I just think it's too soon. I like the character's design and concept, and she has a lot going for her, but her getting in over a lord will be a near impossible battle.

Man, the more and more I look at FE the more 'meh' I feel about it. Roy for example, no matter how much I try to work a decent moveset for him, comes out as a poor man's Shulk. He can't inherit badass punching moves like Sol, because he lacks the spine for it.

Chrom is about as plain as you can get, sure his design is cool, but he's just a less cool verison of Ike.

Lucina's got a good shot, but her playing differently from Marth is a stretch, granted, she makes a better arguement for being a Semi-clone than Roy, considering Marth is her ancestor. Hell, she could have totally different moves, but her playstyle would be similar. Sort of like Wolf is to Fox. However, TWO lords from the same continent is kinda overkill, an Elibe lord would be better.

Anna's got neat fighting potential, but imo, she's not important enough in the series.

I guess Shorty was right, Lyn's our only good shot at a unique and interesting fighter from FE, but given her drop in support I'm not putting forth any bets.

Imo, we're gonna get Lucina, and we'd better learn to like her.
This is what I've felt to for the longest time. It's gonna be Lucina people, wether we like it or not. And I, personally like it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This is what I've felt to for the longest time. It's gonna be Lucina people, wether we like it or not. And I, personally like it.

I adore when people say "This is gonna happen" or "This will happen"... >_>

Did you go to some astrologist to know about the future?

D

Deleted member

We should probably take this to the FE General, but imo Lucina is a much better choice than Chrom and Roy.

D

Deleted member

I adore when people say "This is gonna happen" or "This will happen"... >_>

Did you go to some astrologist to know about the future?

Hey, I said "imo."

I'm just looking at the situation and saying what I think is most likely.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Hey, I said "imo."

I'm just looking at the situation and saying what I think is most likely.
I was responding to Diddy Kong when he stated this: "It's gonna be Lucina people, wether we like it or not."

How does he know if she's gonna be in SSB4?

That's why I made that sarcastic remark about going to an astrologist.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
>Says Sheik will be replaced, Impa is a good contender for this
>NOOO YOU LIE SHEIK WILL DEFINITELY RETURN CAUSE <biasreasons> IMPA SUX SUX SUX
>Says Anna won't get in, Lucina is more likely
>YOU'RE NOT SAKURAI!! ANNA DEFINITELY HAS A CHANCE CAUSE <biasreasons>

I love you Smashboards.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
>Says Anna won't get in, Lucina is more likely

I love you Smashboards.
That's funny, because I remember you saying this.

The reason we objected to you and asked you if you knew the future/was Sakurai is because you said that Lucina was definitely gonna be in. Not because she was more likely.

How do you know that its definitely gonna be Lucina? It may as well be Chrom for all we know. You don't know, just like we don't know. Only the people who are working on Smash 4 and Intelligent Systems know (and anyone else who has seen the game and characters I suppose).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
>Says Lucina is basically a shoe in

I love you Smashboards.
Internet is wonderful.

EDIT: Fixed

Also, love how you said we all gave bias reasons because not all of us support Impa. Just like how you said were hypocrites for not supporting a character you like. (Yes. Thats how you worded it)

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I love how this argument is now more focused on bashing people rather than discussing the character.

Answering with why lucina might not be a new rep is better than just asking why and condemning certainty.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Meh, I dont even want to turn this into an Anna vs Lucina debate since I like both characters. (Though Anna a bit more) I just think Diddy's arguments are pretty poor. Especially whenever he feels like bringing Impa up at every opportunity he can find and then tries to play the victim by saying stuff such as that he was only saying that Lucina was more "likely" than a "shoe in" leading us into this silly debate.

Just make sure you choose your wording carefully and we wont have to waste our time arguing like this.

D

Deleted member

I understand what Diddy is trying to do, though I think his efforts are having a negative effect.

He's right though, Impa's arguments against her are ill-justified when contrated to Anna's support.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I think that overall, with her popularity in the west, Lucina has a great chance of getting in.

^^^^ Is there an edit of that picture with Groose and Zelda?

Groose is awesome btw, I wanna see him in more Zelda titles.
groose.jpg

Your wish is my command.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
He meant a picture of Groose and Zelda with that same message. I couldn't find one except one that uses the F word (Smashboard doesn't let me upload it because of that). I guess we could make one but meh, don't really feel like doing it...
Ah, I see. But still, it's pretty good.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hey, remember when people supported characters because they liked them?

I like Anna.

210stuna

Smash Lord
You guys are looking into this to much.

I'm pretty sure Marth is going to be in it, along with a new character. So what's not to love?
Even if it's not Marth per say, it will probably be a clone/similar fighting style like Lucina or something.

2 characters is enough for me.

D

Deleted member

Likewise, I gotta agree with Diddy that Impa is more important to Zelda than Anna to FE. Impa's had prominent and important roles in several games. Whereas Anna could always be ignored and was the equivalent to say... Beedle, Malon, the Postman, or the Great Fairies. All of them appear in multiple games, and they have similar roles to that of Anna.
I wasn't aware "several" meant "one or two".
Because really, Impa is only "prominent and important" in Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time. And even then, her role wasn't any bigger than the other Sages in Ocarina.
She doesn't even appear in Zelda I and Zelda II, just the manual. Oracles, she briefly appears in one of them, and has a slightly bigger role as being possessed by the villain in another.

And before that you bring up Anna only having a minor role in every game she's but Awakening (and maybe PoR and RD due to the newer players doing a Tutorial, though that's a bit of a stretch), the difference between Impa and Anna is that more people actually give a damn about Anna, especially in Japan, where she's pretty much deadlocked with Lucina in terms of a Fire Emblem character for Smash (behind Roy and Chrom, though), and that she's seen as the series mascot in comparison. Even TVTropes makes a nod to it on their Fire Emblem Characters page.

That being said, am I against the likes of Lucina? No. In fact, given her sheer popularity outside Smash compared to Chrom, I can see Sakurai including her between the two. But at the same time, I can also see Anna being looked at as an option.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
2 characters is enough for me.
more More MORE! It's not enough, it will never be enough, we need moooooore everything more star fox more mario more FE more pokemon more retro more kirby more metroid more characters more EVERYTHING, 50+ new characters. Anna better be one of them, and I'm greedy just like her, but I'm greedy for more characters, AND her <3.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
more More MORE! It's not enough, it will never be enough, we need moooooore everything more star fox more mario more FE more pokemon more retro more kirby more metroid more characters more EVERYTHING, 50+ new characters. Anna better be one of them, and I'm greedy just like her, but I'm greedy for more characters, AND her <3.
Money, money, money, money! Characters,characters,characters,characters!

CHE-CHING!

Anna's dialogue is just awesome imo. They should definitely use some of them in smash. C:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow, a ****storm again. I wonder how many people here have begun to hate Impa solely because of Diddy. :glare:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The problem with Lucina is that barely any Smash Bros. fans want her in. Even the Japanese who are much friendlier to the idea of clones, are not keen on the idea of Lucina getting in.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/66107896

Lucina is an unpopular idea for a newcomer amongst Smash Bros. fans due to her strong similarities to Marth.

Also, encouraging to Anna fans is that GameFAQs is pretty much Chrom's strongest territory, yet Anna is competitive with him as a choice to represent FE13.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
The problem with Lucina is that barely any Smash Bros. fans want her in. Even the Japanese who are much friendlier to the idea of clones, are not keen on the idea of Lucina getting in.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/66107896

Lucina is an unpopular idea for a newcomer amongst Smash Bros. fans due to her strong similarities to Marth.

Also, encouraging to Anna fans is that GameFAQs is pretty much Chrom's strongest territory, yet Anna is competitive with him as a choice to represent FE13.
I'm just glad Robin was included in the poll for once.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wonder if Sakurai has done any character polls for smash 4. Didn't he used to do that during the Melee and Brawl day's? I can't remember. :/

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That poll has too few voters to seriously consider it...
It has enough to get an idea of what Smash Bros. fans think of possible FE13 reps. Lucina is severely hurt by being thought of a Marth clone, to the point people even label her as genderswap Marth.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Ew.

Anna's dialogue is just awesome imo. They should definitely use some of them in smash. C:
If anything, I see her more of a assist trophy, like Lyn, or to replace Lyn.

This is my opinion of course, so don't go all Fire Emblem psycho on me.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If anything, I see her more of a assist trophy, like Lyn, or to replace Lyn.

Why would I? You said it was just your opinion after all.

I'd rather she be playable but I suppose the possibility is there that she could end up being an assist trophy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I see that you're new to Smashboards, so let me give you a word of advice...

Fire Emblem discussions never end well. That's all you need to know.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I see that you're new to Smashboards, so let me give you a word of advice...

Fire Emblem discussions never end well. That's all you need to know.
Yeah. Just look at xXIke-SamaXx's General Fire Emblem thread title to get a good idea of what Fire Emblem discussions are like, if you get what I mean. :laugh:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah. Just look at xXIke-SamaXx's General Fire Emblem thread title to get a good idea of what Fire Emblem discussions are like. :laugh:
Ike-Sama is right. There's no sympathy in Fire Emblem discussions. Anyone's opinion will always conflict with another.

You could say that Fire Emblem discussions...

:cool:

...are fiery by themselves.

Top Bottom