• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hey guys, I think Anna is the best choice for an FE representative.

You know why? Because I want her in.

Now stop arguing please and show some love for the red-haired beauty.

Edit: Two years later and this post is just as dumb. :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm still waiting for that visual of Anna and her many sisters giving a big hug to Lucina. :troll:

EDIT: But seriously, when I don't have to worry much about upcoming tests or essays, I'll get to making all the movesets I had planned, including Anna's.

I've got a whole list of characters I've planned to make movesets for....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm coming to this one conclusion that I find everyone who supports Anna and not Impa a hypocryte.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm coming to this one conclusion that I find everyone who supports Apples and not Oranges a hypocryte.
Sorry, couldn't resist. :troll:

Anyways, I agree with MaskO'Gears, do explain why people are hypocrites if they like Anna but not Impa? So far I know their completely different characters and the only similarity they have is that their reoccuring characters in their respective series and that they are female but yeah...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I agree with MaskO'Gears, do explain why people are hypocrites if they like Anna but not Impa? So far I know their completely different characters and the only similarity they have is that their reoccuring characters in their respective series (and that they are female but yeah).
Plus, can you imagine Impa selling you items? XD. Or Anna becoming a serious Sage of Shadow?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Plus, can you imagine Impa selling you items? XD. Or Anna becoming a serious Sage of Shadow?
Or Anna babysitting a princess?

Anna's bubbly personality is part of her charm and one of the reasons why she's so awesome. Comparing Anna to Impa is like comparing apples to oranges. Yes they have one or two similarities but overall their completely different.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Diddy, man... C'mon. I created the Impa thread and I think you're being silly. Sometimes I wonder how many more Impa supporters we'd have if you weren't shoving her in people's faces all the time. You really should save it for the Impa thread (which is dying, by the by) or the Zelda Franchise thread (which is dying, by the by).

As for Anna... I think I would want her shtick to be pulling out different kinds of weapons from a giant bag she keeps over her shoulder to use for her standards. No more simple sword-swingers.

See? That's... a green-haired (?) Anna wielding a giant Santa-sack and lance.

Proposed weapon cycle:
Sack (What she starts the match as. She swings her giant weapon bag as a slow but heavy club)
-Power: +
-Range: =
-Speed: -
Sword (Balanced)
-Power: =
-Speed: =
Lance (Slow but long)
-Power: =
-Range: +
-Speed: -
Staff (Low damage, randomized effects on hit)
-Power: -
-Speed: =
All of her standard attacks would have the same animation for each weapon, just with different hitboxes, speed, and damage/launch. The staff would also apply different random magical effects on a hit (poison flower, freeze, the occasional shrink etc.), with stronger effects being more likely on stronger attacks.
Yes, this would mean she'd be swinging the lance like an idiot instead of stabbing people. I'm okay with that.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Here's a suggestion about costume changes.

I think A potential outfit change for Anna is the merchant outfit she wears in Awakening or the Yukata she wears in spa of bonds.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I have an idea for a Final Smash.

Anna summons many of her Anna sisters and they all do the assassin critical where the screen turns red and you only see their silhouettes landing criticals.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I have an idea for a Final Smash.

Anna summons many of her Anna sisters and they all do the assassin critical where the screen turns red and you only see their silhouettes landing criticals.
A final smash where she summons her many sisters to cause a massacre in the battlefield sound awesome to me. :troll:

She should definitely have a final smash that involves her sisters. It will only make Anna even more awesome. :laugh:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Or what about she summons them and they start aggressively selling things to the opponents that overwhelms them and cause Anna's opponents to jump off the stage and lose a life?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Or what about she summons them and they start aggressively selling things to the opponents that overwhelms them and cause Anna's opponents to jump off the stage and lose a life?
So long as she says "Another happy customer!" at the end then heck yeah! :troll:

210stuna

Smash Lord
I married her with my character, and I believe she would be something unique with a diverse move set.

All of that put together, I'm in favor of her in the next Smash, but I believe it's very unlikely she would be in it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I married her with my character, and I believe she would be something unique with a diverse move set.

All of that put together, I'm in favor of her in the next Smash, but I believe it's very unlikely she would be in it.
So, should I put you in the supporter list? I'll take your comment as a yes.

D

Deleted member

Supporting a series mascot that's been in all FE games except Gaiden over a "recurring" character that only appears in-game in only 3 Zelda titles (4 if Oracles count as two) is hypocritical?
I guess the standards for what's hypocritical have changed. :rolleyes:

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Being a reoccurring easter egg doesn't exactly make her the mascot. Iconic maybe just not mascot status.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I suppose I have to just take your word for it but I have a hard time believing that all of japan agrees that Anna is the FE mascot.

We're giving her a lot of credit for appearing in nearly every game. But its easy to go through a FE game without knowing who anna is or that she even exists (Awakening excluded). I'm not sure what everyone else's definition of a mascott is but I'd say its either
the developers treats the character like the mascot
or
they're the character that comes to mind when you think of their respective game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What?

I wasn't aware this was a poll.
Not exactly a poll, but the "Supporter List" is a list of people that want the character in the game...

You said that you wanted Anna in the game, so I added your name to the list.

D

Deleted member

I gotta agree with GM on this one, but personally I can't see Anna as a series mascot. Hell I wasn't even aware she existed till I came across this thread back in November. I never realized that all of the Anna in the FE games were the same girl. Like, I wasn't even aware they were all named Anna.

To me, it was more like a neat little Easter Egg, than a mascot. It'd be like calling Nurse Joy the series mascot for Pokemon because she's in every game.

If any character is the mascot, it'd have to be Marth.

I'm glad Anna is getting more recognition and she's being fleshed out as a character, and I'd love to see her get more playable roles in future FE titles, but atm, I feel it's too soon for her to be labled as anything other than a neat cameo. Even among FE fans she's kinda unknown, like I said, I've played 7 games in the series, and was never aware that she existed. Likewise consider those who only played 13, if Anna were in Smash 4, they'd be confused as to why a generic unit got in over the likes of Lucina or Chrom.

Personally, I kinda find Anna's chances to be MUCH lower than what people think. If anyone is willing to convince me otherwise though, by all means. I'm just voicing what I think, but if there is evidence to the contrary, then I might join your ranks. I just don't see Anna as important enough to the series to merit a Smash inclusion.

Not over the likes of Roy and Lyn, and especially not over the likes of Lucina.

EDIT:
Likewise, I gotta agree with Diddy that Impa is more important to Zelda than Anna to FE. Impa's had prominent and important roles in several games. Whereas Anna could always be ignored and was the equivalent to say... Beedle, Malon, the Postman, or the Great Fairies. All of them appear in multiple games, and they have similar roles to that of Anna.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Okay, I have a question. Suppose one of these three (written in bold) things happened to Anna in the future of the Fire Emblem series. What would you say about her chances in terms of smash?

1. Anna's role gets further expanded from Awakening and she gets more playable unit roles in the future of the series. Maybe even contributing more to the story of the series.

2. Anna ends up getting her own spin off series where she is the main character like they did with Yoshi and Wario etc. (Unlikely of happening but still thought I'd put it out there...)

3. Anna goes back to how she's usually been in the series and her playable unit role in Awakening was just a one off thing.

Just wondering, really...

D

Deleted member

My personal opinion is the following.

If 1 or 2 happen, then it merits inclusion as a fighter. Especially 2, since it'd be like with Tingle. I may not want Tingle in, but his addition has merit.

If 3 were to happen, she'd be lucky to get in as an AT in future games. In fact, as it stands now, given Anna's supporting role in the series, I feel she'd be better of as an AT for FE than a fighter.

Likewise, consider the following:

Famitsu labled Anna as the series mascot for FE. Now while that title was clearly pulled out of their ass and is up for debate, lets take it as official for argument's sake. So Anna is the "series mascot" but, you know who else is a series mascot, even more prominently than Anna, and got in as an AT. The Metroid. It's name is even the name of the series. Anna getting in imo, would be like Metroid getting in as a fighter as well. And for those arguing it couldn't be done, remember that Metroid, like the Aliens in Alien go through evolutionary phases, so it could very well work as a one-directional transforming character. However, Metroid can't be a playable character because the series has more prominent Heroes and Villains.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I suspect 3. With maybe a playable appearance again once in a time.

You know what, you all think Anna is so special, but what about this dude here:

Jake. The ORIGINAL dude with multiple playable appearances, and in the meanwhile lover and companion of Anna.

As a Warrior / Hero / Pirate and Ballistican he'd for sure bring the same stuff on the table Anna does. And he's been playable SINCE THE FIRST GAME. Yup Anna, your lover brings some serious competition.

This is how stupid Anna support sounds to me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Chrom = Ghirahim
Lucina = Impa
Anna = Groose

I think supporting Groose is stupid to

Top Bottom