• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vindication Series. $2,650 in BONUS CASH ADDED! - May 11th, 2013 - Ontario, Ca

Charoo

Smash Champion
VindicationArt.png

Allow me to introduce an unprecedented new monthly event. Set amidst a ridiculous 35,000 square foot multi-level arcade venue complete with food service, a full bar, 30 foot projection screen, pool tables and candy cabs. We’re kicking this off in spectacular fashion by giving away thousands of dollars in cash and prizes including a free raffle. It shall be called “The Vindication Series” and it shall be legendary.

Date: Saturday, May 11th

Featured games: $2,650 IN BONUS CASH ADDED!!Injustice: God’s Among Us (PS3) - $500 pot bonus
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Xbox) - $500 pot bonus
Super Smash Bros. Melee (Game Cube) -$500 pot bonus
Super Street Fighter AE v2012 (Xbox) - $250 pot bonus
Street Fighter x Tekken v2013 (Xbox) - $250 pot bonus
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) - $250 pot bonus
Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3) - $100 pot bonus
Persona 4 Arena (PS3) - $100 pot bonusKing of Fighters XIII (Xbox) - $100 pot bonusTekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3) - $100 pot bonus

Bring your own controller/fightstick. This includes USB sync cables for PS3 players. We do have a couple house Xbox/PS3 fightsticks for emergency use but please do not rely on their availability.

Schedule:
11:00am - Doors open and registration begins
12:30pm - Melee/Brawl doubles begin
2:00pm - Melee/Brawl singles begin
3:00pm – TTT2 and KOF begin
4:00pm - UMvC3 and MK9 begin
5:00pm – Injustice and SFAE begin
6:00pm – Persona and SFxTK begin
11:00pm – Doors close and thanks for playing

All registration is on site. Please arrive AT LEAST 15 minutes prior to start times for registration. Be aware that we will strictly follow our schedule and cannot allow for any delays.

4541 Mills Circle
Ontario, Ca 91764Plenty of free parking

Pricing:$5 venue fee per player: Paid only once. Includes free casuals and one free raffle ticket.
$5 cash pot per player per game (Doubles $10 per team)
Casuals Only: $5 (includes one free raffle ticket).
Spectating is free

Raffle:
One free raffle ticket is included with your paid admission. Additional tickets can be purchased for $1. Raffle prizes will be updated as they are added.

Payout:
Top 4 (60/25/10/5)
Doubles (60/30/10)

Rules: Double Elimination
Melee: Melee Ruleset
Brawl: Brawl Ruleset
Evo Games: Evo Ruleset
Injsutice: YTB

Contact Info:
Site:
T.O.’s:
Compton:
Brian@EpicGamerProductions.com
@EGP_Compton

SRK/TYM: TenZeRo7
Champ:
champtaros@gmail.com
(562) 645-6031

“The Vindication Series” is a collaborative endeavor by Epic Gamer Productions “EGP” and 2 Good Gaming “2GG” in an effort to provide one of the finest monthly event series ever assembled for our community.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
This looks ... amazing.

$500 bonus pot for Melee, full bar, 30 ft projector, and only $5 venue fee for 35k sq ft. Thats incredible.

Great job, champ.

If this is really going to be a monthly series it will change Socal forever.

I'll make sure to promote it at KoC 2.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
ontario is close

if a controller falls into my lap and im not hella busy w/ yoga ill think about it

_kSo_

Smash Master
My car is bringing at least 2 tvs + a mini travel screen (for friendlies i guess...LMAO)

~hype hype hype~

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Why does a tournament like this not get ravenous attention? I'm sure a good amount of people are going because its Cali but I **** my pants when I thought this was in Ontario Canada.

And this is just their way of kicking off a monthly series. Venue sounds amazing, is there a stream? Doesn't sound like there is one.

BlakDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlakDragon
3DS FC
2938-7104-7763
multitwitch.tv/epicgp/epicgp2

Stream feeds for Vindication. Traditional fighting games on /epicgp and Smash games on /epicgp2.

/offcast is apparently going to be streaming stuff but nothing's live there yet at the time of posting this.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Shoutout to you mother****ers

Mango - <3 nice to see ya again and tell Joey his Dante is ass
Wes - <3 nice to see ya again as well.
S2J - you lost alot of weight. Good stuff in doubles with Mango. you're still da best
Combofest - Sup
Stab - I just saw my own set against Mango/Baka and I couldn't react fast enough since I'm rusty =[ plus I forgot what to do with Marth in general =___= I should start hanging out with the 949 crew again
Anto - sorry that we didn't get to play but nice seeing ya again!
Eddie Mexico - ahaha its been along time! Nice to see that you're still playing!
Crimson Blur - we need to play next time haha Nice seeing ya as well
Sung - Thanks for everything today! I like your spare controller alot
Baka - Nice seeing ya again and sucks that you didn't beat Wes (What a meanie)
J666 - glad to see that you're still rocking that link and tell Emily that i said hi!
Signia - SUUUUPPPP
Okami - Okamiさん、あなたにもう もおーいちど みていい!(I think i typed it right)
Champ - thanks for the tournament and nice to see ya again
HugQ - DUDE I almost couldn't recognize you since like well forever! Good to see ya again!
A Rookie - suppppp
Pnoy/Jflow/Legendz - nice to see you guys at almost every FGC tournament hahaha...Pnoy, you're jerk for convincing me to play Melee again for EVO. Jerk ass ***** >=[

to everyone else I didn't give a shoutout - I'm sorry, I couldn't remember! I'm really tired.

Foxy_Faux

Smash Rookie
shoutouts:

Stud Muffin, for bein super cool and encouraging whenever i ledge-teched or did something newbs like me generally wouldn't do
Dante, good thing i brought another set up for that one tv, so we could play more since tht wii was just not gonna leave th menu.
Chewy, for recognizin me from th pm tournament and playin some friendlies
J666, for being so chill and just beastin on me in friendlies
The Crimson Blur, so glad i got to say hi to you, our community really is amazing, & hope to play you sometime in th future.
Ken, i forget your gamertag but thanks for all the advice on my teching patterns and pumelin those mu's into me it was fun
Sung & Stab for bein so ****in hype behind the commentary setup during grand finals cheerin on mang0 that **** was a ****ing blast!
Mang0, you totally do major in chinchillin cuz you were the chillest dude ever, glad i got to meet you, since you & psychomidget's set against Silent Spectre and Tang was what originally got me interested in competitive melee as a spectator.

Champ, didn't see you but i really wanted to thank you for gettin' this melee tournament so close to my home, even though i ddnt make it in time for singles im really glad i dropped by anyway for some lvling up.

Everyone else whom i ddnt get to meet i can't wait to meet you all and play with yall in the future. This was the first melee tournament i've been to & it was such a blast to be at, hell my friend who originally went for "Injustice: Gods Among Us" said he felt way more inclined to play melee competitively from here on out cuz grand finals were mad legit and This community is so legit. Thanks for being so awesome everyone! =?

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to 1 and only person.
JOHNNY
MOTHER
****ING
KIM!!!!
Was FILTHY chillin and drinking with you bro. Thanks for paying for the shots, letting me borrow ur controller and just being the ****in man.

Nuhjeea

Smash Rookie
This was my first smash tourney. I joined as samus, knowing I needed more practice but wanted the experience. Got owned twice by capt. Falcon by Fist and Westballz... would do again :) great event!

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
It is happening again though, guess they forgot to post on here too but melee and brawl are on the roster for the next one (forgot the date) on srk so someone should contact the dude to make a thread here or update this one.

Top Bottom