• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villians For Brawl

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
I'm not suggesting having one for each series, It's just Sakurai said he had an interst in having more villians and I am guessing which one will get in. And yes, I too feel that every boss from evey franchise will not be playable, although I think some of them that are villians, but are "larger than life" (ie. Andross, Mother Brain, Medusa etc.) could be included as a kind of "Final Boss" like Bowser was in Adventure Mode, although this time the final boss is dependant on the character you are playing as.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
also, i reckon pokemon could have a villian in mewtwo, that would be the easiest thing.
what about Meowth? Isnt he a notable villan from the Pokemon series. He's a villan, despite whatever generation we're on.

Edit: Also, i nominate King Boo as another potential villan for the Mario series.

Torvus64

Smash Rookie
What about an ing warrior playable villian? think about it they had many abilites and were strong and tough to beat.

heres what
i would put as a moveset

B-Dark Bomb-luanches purple goo at opponet

B -> -slash-a long reaching slash

b+up-upwards headbutt-thats prtty self-explanitory

b+down-inglet-inglet pops from underneth the opponet

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I don't know...I really see Waluigi and Dry Bones actually having a pretty decent shot. Just think about the number of games they've been in recently as playable characters. And has anybody played the new Mario Strikers game for the Wii? Wario has got this badass whip that he pulls out to do his "super shot," or whatever it's called.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Ahem? Has susu forgotten her nappy? But seriously, chill. If you feel like being nasty, go vandalize Wikipedia (Which I do not support), If you don't like how I think that Dry Bones would be an AT if he's lucky then tough for you. I started the thread, so watch who you're calling a raging moron.

As for a Kid Icarus enemy, I don't see one coming anytime soon. If I was correct, Medusa was huge in Kd Icarus and Didn't really seem to have the kind of fighting style needed for a game lke Brawl.
I'm sorry, but just because you created the topic does not entitle you to respond to somebody's opinion with several lines of the word "ha". Who on earth do you think you are?
You are a moron, and your opinions count for nothing. Dry Bones for Brawl!!

ps. I am male.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but just because you created the topic does not entitle you to respond to somebody's opinion with several lines of the word "ha". Who on earth do you think you are?
You are a moron, and your opinions count for nothing. Dry Bones for Brawl!!

ps. I am male.
**** Straight!

*Edit*

Err...
Darn Tootin'?

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
um not that id say gary but how is it not ash. we know at least this revealed outfit is ash AKA red.(you'd know they were the same person if you played red/blue cuz ash was one of the other default names for red)
I'd say mewtwo is already a good enuf villian for a pokemon trainer.
Actually, it's not Ash. Ash is one of the optional names, yes, but as proven by Gold and Silver, the character's actual name is considered to be Red, not Ash. I'm pretty sure that was canon even before Gold and Silver. Ash is based on him, sure. So is Red from the manga. And Red ini every other Pokemon game he's in.

Anyway, if there were a villain for him other than Mewtwo, it'd have to be either Green, utilizing Eevee's three original evolutions, or perhaps Giovanni. Because that guy is such a bada$$. But they'd be effort, so I suspect it'd be Mewtwo. Although Mewtwo really wasn't a villain in the games so much...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Woah, susu, calm down. This thread isn't about calling others morons, I created it so that people could responsibly and collectively disscuss the diffrent possibilities for villins in Brawl. I apologize for my multiple 'ha's comment, but when you give out an idea, you need to be right there to defend it. If you want me to stop saying that Drybones has no hope in Brawl, I'll need to see that he has something others don't: A unique moveset, interesting ailities, I want to know if he's popular or not. Otherwise this thread would just be "I want ______ as a Villian in Brawl" I need proof that these people are worthy. In addition, my thoughts do count, eveyone's do, but if you think that you have the right to call people worthless morons just because they say one word against you, then perhaps you need to take some time away from the computor and chill.

P.S- Sorry about the gender confusion, now is there something you need to say to me? (Hint: It Rhymes with 'Morry')

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Woah, susu, calm down. This thread isn't about calling others morons, I created it so that people could responsibly and collectively disscuss the diffrent possibilities for villins in Brawl. I apologize for my multiple 'ha's comment, but when you give out an idea, you need to be right there to defend it. If you want me to stop saying that Drybones has no hope in Brawl, I'll need to see that he has something others don't: A unique moveset, interesting ailities, I want to know if he's popular or not. Otherwise this thread would just be "I want ______ as a Villian in Brawl" I need proof that these people are worthy. In addition, my thoughts do count, eveyone's do, but if you think that you have the right to call people worthless morons just because they say one word against you, then perhaps you need to take some time away from the computor and chill.

P.S- Sorry about the gender confusion, now is there something you need to say to me? (Hint: It Rhymes with 'Morry')
Not really, I think he was within his right to get defensive. He made a suggestion and you flamed it severely. And don't even mention that he hidn't back it up in any way. Because I've scanned your posts in this thread, and most of them are suggestions for villains, no actual backing up. There's none in the intial post, nor for the Hunters, or Fawful. Deathborn, Zant, Kamek, etc. None of these are backed up by reasons. You also state that Big Boss should be in, and that he should be a clone. So much for interesting abilities, unique moveset, etc? The funniest thing is that you shoot down Dark Samus for being a clone, and therefore not having a place, when this character could have a moveset far more differentiated from Samus than Big Boss could ever hope to have from Solid Snake.

You've made this a "I want ______ as a Villian in Brawl" yourself.

Also, you're a hypocrite. Sure, your thoughts count, but not his? He mentions Dry Bones and you post a solid block of laughter? That's not one word against him. That's outright disrespect and rudeness. So yes, perhaps that post was somewhat moronic. And then, in response to him snarking back (a valid response to your comment, in my opinion), you insinuate he's childish, imply he's a vandal, blow him off like it you did nothing wrong and also acted like an arrogant jerk. You deserved his minor response. Perhaps him saying your opinion counts for nothing was harsh, but you did exactly the same thing in response to his Dry Bones suggestion. You were just ruder about it.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Jeez, who's flaming who? In apology, I am giving a unique, and interesting moveset for Dry Bones:

A: A quick headbutt
AA: Headbutt, Kick
AAA: Successive punches

Up B: Throws up his skull, and his body jumps up after it

Smash B: Throws His Ribcage (Amount of bones dependant on charge) Works like Boomerang

Down B: Falls apart, and is invulerable to attacks for a short period, then his bones shoot back together, hurting anyone in their path

Final Smash: Sand Storm- A Sand storm gales across the stage, in the Eyed Tornado form, like the Twisters from Paper Mario

Taunt: Looks at the screen, his head spins around on his neck

Kirby Hat: Skull

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
If you're suggesting that my critical analysis of your comment is flaming, I belive you're wrong. However, the moveset's very much inventive and new.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Thank you, I did see that perhaps I was being a tad hipocritical, I just want people to really get involved, I don't want this to feel like a comment box, I want it to be like a Marketing meeting. Why should I buy into the idea on Pico in Brawl? Here's why: ________. I want things to be like that, so if any one has a good moveset or pictures of the villians, please feel free to post them.

SehkmetCLS

Smash Cadet
I would love to see some villians, but mostly because its just the natural good vs bad thing.
And the fact that your playing as the one your always fighting is a cool thought too.

I would seriously like K. Rool in this, he could be in his Pirate Suit, complete with gun and some machines, maybe have a final smash where the Kremlins go stampede or something.

I'm sure tho that Nintendo will put in some great names, I mean, this is one of the biggest games ever.
So they can't dissapoint us really....At least I hope :p

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Zant

Twilight Princess seems to be getting a lot of attention Brawl-wise, why not let Zelda's newest villian shine?
Because Zant sucks.

Seriously;
I thought he'd be cool when he first showed up, but at the end of the game, he's just some stupid twit.

Don't know if that needed spoiler tags, but I don't care.

I really won't like Zant in Brawl. I think he's a pale villian compared to the Great King of Evil.

SehkmetCLS

Smash Cadet
Yup, Zant's not just good enough in my opinion.

He didn't do anything that evil...hell most standards minions look more evil and ready to brawl then him.
I liked his "I'm mysterious and evil" feeling he gave Link and Midna, but he ain't a brawler in my eyes.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Zant was okay. Ganon was cooler. No Zant for Brawl. Dunno enough about Vaati to judge on him. Skull Kid for Brawl!

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
I say there's enough Mario themed characters, so as much as I'd like to see characters like Dry Bones, lets try to get some other themed characters like Dedede

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Man, I had no idea my vote for Dry Bones would cause such controversy. I just thought that seeing as how many games Waluigi and Dry Bones were appearing in, as of late, I thouhgt they both had a shot. And seeing as now is the time to be making predictions...
And hey jimmysilverrims, I was never really too offended by your post, so no worries man. I do dig the move set you proposed. Especially the down b.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Hey, Zant may seem like a twit, but he's not stupid. He was tricked by Gannon, just like Agahnim, he was manipulated by Ganondorf. But he also has A LOT of flavor, possibly even more than Ganondorf. He could spin at high speeds, shoot balls of energy out of his hands, swordfight, turn peope into Wolves and make them stay that way, Turn giant fossils to life, erect a giant sheild over Hyrule Castle, among many, many more. So don't say that he's not interesting or flavorful, because he is.

Plus, He's Twilight Princess, which is getting a lot of attention in Brawl.

HeroOfTime64

Smash Cadet
True that! Also, before Twilight Princesses release, everyone though that TP, like Majora's Mask, would be Gannondorf-less (with Zant replacing him) and it wouldn't surround around the Triforce (The Twilight Realm as the key-object.)

Ganondorf came in as a surprise villain in TP.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hey, Zant may seem like a twit, but he's not stupid. He was tricked by Gannon, just like Agahnim, he was manipulated by Ganondorf. But he also has A LOT of flavor, possibly even more than Ganondorf. He could spin at high speeds, shoot balls of energy out of his hands, swordfight, turn peope into Wolves and make them stay that way, Turn giant fossils to life, erect a giant sheild over Hyrule Castle, among many, many more. So don't say that he's not interesting or flavorful, because he is.

Plus, He's in Twilight Princess, which is getting a lot of attention in Brawl.
True that! Also, before Twilight Princesses release, everyone though that TP, like Majora's Mask, would be Gannondorf-less (with Zant replacing him) and it wouldn't surround around the Triforce (The Twilight Realm as the key-object.)

Ganondorf came in as a surprise villain in TP.
First order of business...

GANNON-BANNED!!!!

:ahem:

Mass spoilers ahead.
Secondly, let's get our facts straight. Ganondorf, made the shield around Hyrule, not Zant. Zant had no reason to take over Hyrule. He wanted the Twilight Realm for himself. Granted, Ganondorf tricked him into helping him escape the twilight realm, by offering him power. Secondly, Zant never turned Link into a wolf. If anyone did, it was Midna, and even then, she didn't. It was the twilight (as in the realm corrupting the land) that did it, and because Link is bound by fate, he became the wolf instead of becoming a corrupted Twili. Remember, Midna was looking for a beast/being of power, and saw it in the Wolf (or something like that). Zant lacked flavor. At first, he seemed very creepy, and cool. But then he's revealed to be a complete doofus. He wasn't even close to the awesomeness that is Ganondorf in all of his evilness. I know that sounds fanboyish, but seriously. Scene of comparision. When we first see Zant move the "tongue" on the helmet, and he's talking to Midna, at first I was like, dude... Zant is creepy awesome. Then you get to the Twilight palace, and he's a complete nut; crazy, and too... I don't wanna say goofy, but he was. He wasn't even a great swordsman. I can wave my arms around like an idiot too.

Also, it's debatable, whether Agahnim is in fact Ganon, or not. It's been in debate for a long time. Different story though.

End spoilers.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
First off, it states quite clearly in the game that Anaghim was being pssesed by Ganondorf from the Shadow Realm. Technically a diffrent guy, but with Ganny's mind implanted in there.

First off, yeah Zant was all creepy and evil, but when you got to him he went nuts. I think that that makes sense. I mean, he's never gotten the power he deserves, he finaly gets it, but this one guy keeps making his plan totally fall apart. Him going insane was perfect! Seeing an insane guy who will resort to anything is cool, an example: Fawfull. Fawfull is quite a bit nuttier than Zant, but it still is cool to see someone go frickin' mad. I mean, He resorrted to every ast thing in his arsenal. He changes the room to difrent rooms in a desperate attempt to get a better hand on the situation. Then, as a last ditch attempt he whips out swords and trys to kill him that way. I'm willing to bet that him going nuts was a last addition to the game. I think before someone put Ganon in, Zant was the main boss; Explaining why he was so sinister up until the Final Showdown, but when they decided to put in Ganon, they had to make him seem less like the one in charge, so they made him act nuts. But still, he'd be a better addition than Vaati.
I mean, is he any less wacky than The Amazing, Wafting Wario?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
First off, it states quite clearly in the game that Anaghim was being possesed by Ganondorf from the Shadow Realm. Technically a diffrent guy, but with Ganny's mind implanted in there.

I mean, is he any less wacky than The Amazing, Wafting Wario?
I'll have to check back with you on that. I don't wanna throw false information at you.

I'll give you Zant being a better choice than Vaati, though I only knew him in 4swords on the GBA. In that respect, Zant deserves a spot more than Vaati.

And Wario is supposed to be Wacky. He's Wario. It's not a dark, heroic, deep storyline driven game that builds up to the point of the climatic showdown between good and evil.

be back soon. at work.

Vali

Smash Ace
O D I N your words of wisdom speak true! Zant truly was the biggest disappointment in Twilight Princess. He could've been so much much more and ended up being lame and his fight a complete gimmick.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
O D I N your words of wisdom speak true! Zant truly was the biggest disappointment in Twilight Princess. He could've been so much much more and ended up being lame and his fight a complete gimmick.
I did find it quite a disappointment at the end... of that plotline anyway...

The Ganondorf fight was certainly my favorite of the game, and the swordfight was what I had been hoping for since OoT.

Words of Wisdom... this means I have to give up my eye...

I knew I'd be involved in the end of the internet... Effing Ragnarok...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
First off, let me show you a picture of the guy:

Is it just me, or does he not look like the type who would be a fighter equal to MArio? HE seems to be more of an even match to Master Hand. If there's one thing I know about Smash Bros, and that's this: The Fighter needs a face. Or at least a body. Or appendages. Zant has all of those and is less meh than Vaati. The first Four Swords was just tacked on to the GBA version of A Link to the Past and the sequel need a connector cable to play, besides that both games were wholelly unremarkable. As for Minish Cap, it was a good game, but like any GBA Zelda game, it's just a blip on the radar compared to the console games that were around that time ie. Twilight Princess. Minish Cap was big, but TP was much, much bigger and the villian from there is much, much more compatable to what Brawl has

SehkmetCLS

Smash Cadet
Zant has a decent chance when compared to Vaati (not sure, wasn't there a minish (the dwarf people thingies) version of him? Maybe that's better to use?).

But I doubt Zant will be interesting enough.

He just ain't popular enough, I mean, I wouldn't really mind him in or out, but I wouldn't miss him ever, he just seems too unbrawly.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ganondorf>Zant.

Add all the important villains, then add Zant and other secondary villains.

HeroOfTime64

Smash Cadet
Woah, woah, woah, woah... Why is everyone insulting Zant? Listen, I'll tell you why he's so lame in the "final" fight with him.

~Three years ago~

(Miyamoto is sitting in his office playing with a Link and Mario action figures)
(Aonuma busts in)

"Hey, Shiggy, we've got the plotline drafted down and we're beginning the work on Twilight Princess. It should come out late this year!"
(Shiggy looks at it.)

"Where is Gannondorf?"
"..."
"Uh... We were actually planning on not having Gannondorf in the game, Zant's the bad guy."
"NOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU PUT GANNON IN GAME OR YOU FIRED!"
"But we've made a really cool battle at the end of the game with Zant..."
"MAKE IT LAAAAAAME! I NOT CARE! MAKE FIGHT WITH GANNON BETTAH!"
(Aonuma walks out)

"Crap. To add in that stuff we're going to have to push the deadline back... About three years."

Top Bottom