• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villians For Brawl

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
First off, no to every hero having a playable villain to join them, since Smash isn't about the heroes going against their worst enemies from their own games. Not to mention I don't think it would be very original and would take up a lot of character slots that could be used for much better characters, villains or otherwise.

Bowser Jr.: Even if a stage from Super Mario Sunshine is in the game which also happens to be the first game Bowser Jr. shown up in, plus playing a big role in New Super Mario Bros., I still don't really support him. For one, he just doesn't seem different enough from Bowser to me. Now before the paintbrush gets brought up, what more would he do then paint some goon and maybe transform into Shadow Mario? Sure he could have pretty different moves from Bowser, but otherwise, is he really that much different from him? Before someone tries to turn this argument against me with Mario and Luigi, there's quite a difference. Luigi was always somewhat similar to Mario, plus Luigi is a very big icon to the Mario series, much more so then Bowser Jr.

Ganondorf: Yes to the G-Dorf as I see no reason for him to not return. Not really much else for me to say about him.

Dark Link: Other then an special color for Link (like in Melee, except this time not just purely black), no, just no.

Zant: Maybe appearing as a NPC on a Zelda stage or as an AT, because otherwise I don't really support him, at least not over Midna.

King Dedede: I think he's the only other Kirby character besides the pink puffball himself and Meta Knight that could get in. His hammer alone would lead to an original move set and at the same time balance out the numerous sword wielders in the game.

Dark Samus: As I mention in the topic about which females should appear in Brawl, I don't support Dark Samus except as an alternate look to Samus since otherwise she doesn't seem different enough. A dark version of the main heroine doesn't seem great enough to get in over someone like Ridley, who I'm about to get to.

Ridley: The only other one besides Ganondorf that I support getting in Brawl so far. Being a dragon and a trademark villain of the Metroid series, I think he's pretty likely to show up as playable. They could easily give him an original move set, plus he adds a darker mood to kinda balance out the lightheaded side of the game.

Black Shadow: What does he have going for him besides being a villain that shown up in the later F-Zero games? After a certain F-Zero character got denied as being playable, I think putting him in as playable would be a slap in the face to the fans of a certain someone else. I say no to Batman Black Shadow.

Wolf: I'll support him as a 3rd Star Fox character, if Krystal doesn't get in. I just feel like four playable SF characters would be one too many. I'm not really so sure would he could do, but Wolf supporters seem to have that figured out, when he isn't treated as a Falco clone that is. If all else fails, an alternate look for Fox due to their very similar size and shape, not so sure about style though.

Ya, I do come off pretty harsh for most of the villains, but I feel like every character added in Brawl should really count and bring originality to the game play as well as fan service, not getting in solely for being popular with limited originality to back it up.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
If we're talking villains, I would like to see the Koopalings (Roy, Iggy, Ludwig, Wendy, Morton, Larry, and Lemmy) make a return, maybe as assist trophies. They could come out with the magic ands from SMB3 and turn you into an animal for a short time. It might not happen since there's rumors of Bowser Jr. making the cut, but one could still hope.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
Kamek would be a good addition as an assist trophy. I would also like to see Exor and Smithy come to Brawl perhaps as ATs.

Wolf should make it as a playable villain in Brawl, after the way they teased us by putting him in Melee's opening sequence. Ridley should also make it based on this principle too, don't know whether or not he'll be playable though.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
if any zillain from rpg returns as an at i would like it to be croco

i know the others is more important but he was basically the reoccuring rival in the game

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
My support is definately for the following villians...

Wolf - Being that he's been Fox's rival thoughout the Starfox games and in Assault, he even fought alongside Fox. Wolf's definately the #1 Starfox villian who could be in Brawl, and he's way better than Andross.

Zant - Okay, not many people like him and he's only been in one game, however TP is one of the newer games (the first Zelda to debut on the Wii too) and is important to it's plot. There is also a TP level; maybe he might make it in...

And the ones seem promising but whom I don't know much about...
Ridley - I don't know much about Ridley since I've never played a Metriod game, but he sounds like a good idea too. Just size him down a bit, give him an original moveset (with a little flaws) and he's perfect. Wonder what version they'll have of him if so...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
I'm thinking that Vaati isn't going to make the cut, his first game, FS was barely anything more than a mini game and FSA wasn't much better due to the need for six diffrent cords to attatch to everyone's GBA. MC is the only game that might get Vaati in but face it, TP was waaaaaaay better than MC any day of the week.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Every hero has an arch enemy and what better for a grand fight in Brawl than a climactic duel between a hero and his worst villan, and so I propose a disscusion devoted to a debate of villanary chacters that would be worthy of joining Brawls roster a list would be:

Ridley
Zant
Wolf O'Donnel
King Dedede
King Krool
Pico
Kamek

Any other baddies to join in Brawl?
I agree, more villains for Brawl!

...Although, instead of Zant, I'd pick Vaati.

And it's K. Rool.

Also, is Pico really a bad guy? I understand why you said him, since Samurai Goroh... well, you know.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
-Skull Kid
-Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
-Ganondorf
-Black Shadow
-Deathborn
-Wolf
-King Dedede
-King K. Rool
-Ridley
-Dark Samus

Conker1

Smash Ace
Villains for the sake of villains is just plain stupid.

King K. Rool, Dark Samus, Wolf, Deathborn, Black Shadow, and Bowser Jr. are all poor choices at best.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Well Conky, There are other reasons to have a villian in Brawl than just for the awesomeness that is a showdown between Good and Evil. It's also the cool ability to play as the bad guy. How many people saw some moves a villian did in a final showdown and had to admit: 'Man, that is COOL!' Interesting characters is another reason to have villians in Brawl, I mean, how unique could Bowser Jr. be with that Brush? But I agree that villians for the sake of more fan support is not the reason for Smash. But fighting with the coolest moves in the universe is! And although I thing that Dark Samus is a bad idea, with the clone thing already part of the character, but what do you have against Wolf, K. Rool, Deathborn, or Bowser Jr.? (And nothing against Vaati?)

HeroOfTime64

Smash Cadet
I argree! The characters that Mr. Silverrims has aforementioned would be a very creative addition to Brawl's amazing roster. I only have one question left, who would be the enemy for Pokemon Trainer?

NOBODY SAY "GARY" BECAUSE POKEMON TRAINER ISN'T ASH!!!

Nelo_Angelo_Wesker

Smash Cadet
Some of the villains I'd like to see in Brawl are as follows

RIDLEY!!!
Wolf O' Donnell
King K. Rool
Skull Kid w/Majora's Mask
Fawful
Rawk Hawk
King Dedede
Black Shadow
Ganondorf(in Twilight Princess form and having the ability to transform into Ganon)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Rawk Hawk? He wasn't really a villain in the end, was he?

It's been a while since I've played through Paper Mario: TTYD, though. So if he was give me a break. XD

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
I argree! The characters that Mr. Silverrims has aforementioned would be a very creative addition to Brawl's amazing roster. I only have one question left, who would be the enemy for Pokemon Trainer?

NOBODY SAY "GARY" BECAUSE POKEMON TRAINER ISN'T ASH!!!
um not that id say gary but how is it not ash. we know at least this revealed outfit is ash AKA red.(you'd know they were the same person if you played red/blue cuz ash was one of the other default names for red)
I'd say mewtwo is already a good enuf villian for a pokemon trainer.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
yah raw hawk was a villian, but later on he becomes neutral. would be excellent in brawl though, but not as paper i would give him a real 3d design, also kudos for putting fawful on yer list, that ******* doesn't get enough love

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Wait, you aren't serious, are you?

susu_atari

Smash Ace
jimmysilverrims, you need to learn to not be a raging moron. post properly, and don't annoy everybody.

also, i reckon pokemon could have a villian in mewtwo, that would be the easiest thing.
also, i'd rather have medusa instead of eggplant wizard.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Ahem? Has susu forgotten her nappy? But seriously, chill. If you feel like being nasty, go vandalize Wikipedia (Which I do not support), If you don't like how I think that Dry Bones would be an AT if he's lucky then tough for you. I started the thread, so watch who you're calling a raging moron.

As for a Kid Icarus enemy, I don't see one coming anytime soon. If I was correct, Medusa was huge in Kd Icarus and Didn't really seem to have the kind of fighting style needed for a game lke Brawl.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Out of the list provided....Ridley and King Dedede are the only ones with decent shots. We already have a Mario, LoZ, Pokemon, and F-Zero villain (Blood Falcon) and with the two above, it will be good enough. (Though Bowser Jr. has a good shot)

The thing is, is that many people are thinking the SE has to have a boss villain for each franchise. The thing is, is that Sakurai just said they'd have to go each through their own themed struggle. This could mean boss fight, or could just be the stage that they have to complete. It's obvious though that all the stories mix in some way, which we'll learn later. Smash Bros is more about characters from other series interacting with each other, instead of the hero fighting the villain he normally fights. While villains are good to add to crossovers, they are not the main point, and there doesn't need to be one for each series.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
I say, the best choices for villains (and just plain good characters) would be King Dedede, Ganondorf, Ridley, Bowser Jr. and Wolf (and Mewtwo, of course). Vaati would be good, too; Ganondorf may fill the role of villain better, but Zelda simply should have another character and Vaati...is pretty kickass. >_>

Top Bottom