• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains Mafia - X1-12 lynched! Town wins! X1-12, Indie survivor, wins a bit less!

X1-12

Smash Champion
V/LA today. I really need to think about all this. I'll vote tonight. Zac, we really need to know where your vote will go toDay.

X1 is at L-1 btw
Rushing is a bad idea at this late stage in the game, thanks for not just voting on impulse though

Second @ SirB: Would EP not make just as good a recruit? he's already been confirmed to have a PR and up to that point he was more pro-town than me I would say

X1-12

Smash Champion
I think I do atleast..

GAHHHH

Swiss will be pissed too..

sorry for killing you btw Vand, I had to do it

X1-12

Smash Champion
If all of town or all of mafia are dead and I'm not, I win, however the game can still continue to resolve other player's win conditions.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ninja'd by Rajam!

FINAL VOTE COUNT:
Edreesespieces (1)- X1
X1 (3) - Edrees, Bedevere, Rajam

X1 (Independent Vote Manipulating Survivor) is lynched!

Game is now OVER.

Town wins.

X1-12, Kefka the survivor, wins... but not a complete victory.

I'll post role PMs in a second, but some clarification for the confused:

Kefka is a role I continually tweak; he's been used before and I've had him set up in multiple games that haven't been run (and might not be run). He's generally a type of indie, but his original role of "kill everyone but yourself and one other" was reeeeeeally difficult to pull off for an actual win. Yeah, he wins ties... but it's hard enough to get to a tie. Near impossible just by random chance, let alone people questioning you.

So, I made him a survivor with a second win condition. As far as X1-12 knew, he just had to kill all of mafia or all of town, or survive until someone else did it for him. What X1-12 (and town) would not know is that he had a hidden win condition. The game would continue upon all of mafia's death, and X1-12 could win by elminating the rest of town.

In other words, Kefka can win if he's alive when all of mafia or all of town can win, but he can make it to where he is the ONLY winner by killing off the remaining town or remaining mafia.

I thought it'd be an interesting tweak to a survivor role like Kefka. Have two win conditions, one just more "complete". It also helps me determine who gets MVP.

MVP for this game goes to Vanderzant, easily. While X1-12 played well, he did die before getting a complete victory, and Vanderzant managed to be a death blow to every scum member while maintaining every town power from lynches AND he chose to use Dastrn's ability on X1-12 the Night he died (and tried to kill Sir Bed); X1-12 would have died if Vand didn't. EP watching Vand resulted in X1-12 getting killed, so GJ there too EP.

X1-12

Smash Champion
lol, it wasn't easy to convince everyone you were scum when I was thinking I'd have to not out any kind of PR because I would get NK'ed and lose...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm said:

Hello, Sir Bedevere. You are Dr. Wily (Megaman)- Town Tinkerer!

Everyone always called you a Mad Scientist, but that’s so deceiving! You aren’t crazy, you’re just angry! You’re an ANGRY scientist! You’ll build a team of robots that will conquer the world one day, just they wait and see! Well, at least you will if there is a world left to conquer. A few of these loonies want to straight up destroy everything worth conquering, and that just won’t do.

Abilities: Each of these may only be used ONCE, and may be used at any time. You can even use them all at once if you want, but they can’t be unused after the command is sent.

Since the robot masters are the ones doing the actual abilities, you will be shown to have done no action and have no abilities by anyone that investigates or tracks you. You can still be blocked from using abilities. All robot masters will show themselves to whoever they use abilities on.

Search Man- Choose a target player. You will be told if anyone visited them that night.

Magnet Man- Choose a target player. They will be told privately they can only vote for you for the rest of the Day with any future votes for that Day. They are not forced to change their vote, and can post without voting if they desire. They will not be notified you were the person who caused it.

Flash Man- Choose a target player. That player cannot change their vote for the rest of the Day. This will be public information.

Wood Man- You cannot be affected by any Night abilities the following Night. You will not be notified of any attempts to target you.

Overswarm said:
http://www.totalmortalkombat.com/mkvsdcu/renders/shaokahn_render.jpg[/img

(bracket broken for huge image)

Hello, Vanderzant. You are Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat), [COLOR="Blue"]town soul-stealer[/COLOR]. You opened up the portal, ready to conquer earth, and stepped right into a villainous cesspool. This wouldn’t be so bad, except none of them are particularly impressed by you. You’re gonna have to do some serious work here before you report back home or Sindel will never let you hear the end of it.

Abilities:
Soul Steal- When you hammer a player, you will be given one of their abilities as pre-determined by the moderator. Certain abilities you cannot be given. You are unable to use more than one ability on a player at a time, should you obtain multiple abilities.

Win Condition:
You are Town aligned and win when Town has an undeniable majority or nothing can prevent this.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overswarm][img]http://hivelogic.com/img/uploads/g-man.jpg

Hello, EdreesesPieces. You are G-man, town watcher.

Some beings are attempting to destroy everything. Hmph. Your employers will have none of thisssss. None of this. The fabric of reality is particularly fickle, and this villainous test of will is hardly in the interest of your employers.

Abilities:

Watcher- You may pick a player at any time. You will watch this player until their death, and be told who visits them. This includes Day abilities. You may only watch one player at a time and cannot change who you are watching until the player you are watching dies.

Win Condition:
You are Town aligned and win when Town has an undeniable majority or nothing can prevent this.
Overswarm said:

Hello, UTDZac. You're Meta Knight (Brawl)- Town Unvoteable! You’re a bad guy. Maybe. Maybe a good guy? No one knows. You’re kind of a jerk though, and everyone hates you, and you cause a lot of trouble for Kirby who is a good guy. You aren’t really of the mind that you want to destroy EVERYTHING though, so you should probably stop these guys.

Abilities:

Infinite Dimensional Cape- At Night, PM me that you wish to use this action and during the following Day period it will be announced you cannot be voted for. This ability may only be used once.

Win Condition:
You are Town aligned and win when Town has an undeniable majority or nothing can prevent this.

Safe claim: King Dedede is not in this game. You’re Meta Knight, you might need a safe claim.
Overswarm said:

Hello, Zen. You are Dr. Claw (inspector gadget)- Town Cop! Your past is mysterious to everyone… what were you before? Where did you get that glove? Why do you sound like you’ve been smoking cigarettes more than breathing air? No one knows. You’re nothing too particularly special in the “powers” department, but you will TOTALLY get Gadget.

Abilities:
Investigate- Each Night, you may choose one player. You will be told whether or not that player is mafia.

Win Condition:
Overswarm said:

Hello, Meta-Kirby. You’re lightning in a bottle! You’re an earthquake in a can! You’re King Bowser, king of the Koopas! You are Bowser (Mario)- Town Jailer! These clowns think they can conquer the world and don’t include you? Laughable! You’re the best and it should be YOU who is conquering the world (after you figure out that pesky mushroom kingdom), not some reject upstart!

Abilities:

Kidnap- Each Night, you may target a player. This player cannot be affected by any abilities that Night, including Night kills, and cannot use any abilities of their own. You cannot kidnap yourself. That would be silly.

Restrictions:

Pride- You may only vote for someone who is already voting for you. If you do otherwise, you lose your kidnapping ability for the rest of the game. (If you vote for someone and then they unvote you, you may keep your vote on them)

Win Condition:
Overswarm said:

Hello, Xsyven. You're Azrael (Batman), Town Vigilante! You’re a little violent. Crazy, maybe. But you WANT to be good. Or at least not SO bad. Who cares if you brutally beat in a thug’s face with the leg of a table? The nails sticking out of the end aren’t even rusted yet. You’re looking forward to stopping the big bad guys here in some VERY creative ways.

Abilities:

Vigilante- Each Night, you may pick a target. This target will be brutally and viciously killed and strung up for everyone to see. (Bonus! You get to choose the weapon)

Win Condition:
Overswarm said:

Hello, Rajam. You are No Heart (care bears)- Town Shapeshifter.

You hate. Not anything in particular, you just hate. You can’t stand love or happiness or anything of good nature. You’re wanting to take over the world yourself one day, and a few upstarts here think they can destroy it! You’ll have nothing left to conquer!

Abilities:

Shapeshift- You may shapeshift into any other player in the game by sending me a PM with the name of a living player at any time. You will be notified of the name of the character you are shapeshifting into, but will not know any of their abilities or their allegiance. Anyone using any ability on you will be told they affected or visited the person you shapeshifted into. You revert back to No Heart during the day. If killed at Night, your name will be listed as whoever you shapeshifted into.

Win Condition:
MAFIA

Overswarm said:
Robokiyu- Mafia Janitor

Hello, GorditoBoy69. You are Robokiyu, the corpse eating robot! You were created by the Japanese to clean dead bodies off the street… but dead bodies don’t appear on the street too often, so you’ve teamed up with Carnage (J) and Onslaught (Dastrn) to create more bodies for you.

Abilities:
Devour Corpse: If Mafia or any other kill order comes through, you will be told the name and allegiance of the player that was killed. You may choose to devour this corpse, in which case the rest of the game will simply be told ???? in replace of the character’s name and allegiance. You may only have one devoured corpse at a time. Should you die, that corpse will be released.

Process Corpse: At Night, you may process a corpse. This will release the name and allegiance of the player you devoured, but will allow you to devour a corpse on another Night. You may not Process and Devour on the same night.

Mafia QT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/U7diJdi3KHz5x

Win Condition:
You are mafia aligned, and win when the mafia have the majority or nothing can prevent this.

Safe claim:
None. Make your own up.
Overswarm said:

Hello, J. You are Carnage (Spiderman)- Mafia Yakuza, murder personified. You find order, any order, to be a perversion of the natural chaos of life… but you’re willing to team up with others if it lets you kill more because, well, killing is fun. You're teaming up with Robokiyu (GorditoBoy69) and Onslaught (Dastrn)

Abilities:

Symbiote Transfer- At Night, you may PM me the player you wish to recruit. You will die upon recruitment, but they will join the ranks of mafia if they are town. This ability may only be used once, and your death upon recruitment cannot be altered or prevented in any way. You cannot use the Symbiote Transfer on any non-town player; doing so will cause the ability to fail. You will not die if the ability fails for any reason, and you may try again the next Night. If the ability fails, the player will be notified that someone tried to recruit him. This is the first ability in the Night Action Resolution.

Safe claim: Carnage, Town Executioner. You may only vote if it is a hammer.

Special Information: At least one town member cannot be recruited.

Win Condition:
You are mafia aligned, and win when the mafia have the majority or nothing can prevent this.

Quick topic:
Overswarm said:

Hello, Dastrn. You are Onslaught (X-Men)- Mafia Investigator! You are power supreme and wish for the world to be cleared of all sentient beings. Not one is worthy. Working with others is a temporary setback, but once you get rid of all of the other villains it’ll be a much easier time killing the heroes. You've decided to team up with Robokiyu (GorditoBoy69) and Carnage (J).

Abilities:

Mind read- Each Night, you may PM me the name of a player you’d wish to investigate. You will be told this player’s abilities as stated in their role PM, but not masonries.
Night Kill- You control the Night Kill ability. Should you die, it will move on to Carnage, then Robokiyu.

Win Condition:
You are mafia aligned, and win when the mafia has the majority or nothing can prevent this.

Quick Topic:

Independent

Overswarm said:

Welcome to Villains Mafia, X1-12. You are Kefka (Final Fantasy 6), Independent Vote Manipulating Survivor, the genetically engineered demi-god.

Due to early experiments with magical infusion, you’ve been driven insane and want only to destroy the planet. You don’t care how or who with. You just want to. You’re not going to bother with trivial details like working with others, you can do it on your own. You have a rough road ahead of you, but with power like yours…. Who can stop you?

Active Abilities:

Slave Crown: This ability can only be used once per Day, and can only be used if someone is currently voting for you to be lynched. When someone votes for you, you can force the player to vote for someone of your choosing in their next post by PMing me with the command “Slave Crown: (name)”. They will be notified that “someone” has used an ability on them, and be given the restriction “You must vote for (player) in your next post, and cannot change your vote until the following day”. Keep in mind if they don't post, the ability doesn't affect them. This ability's affect doesn't carry over to the next day. Posting rules (one post every 72 hours) still applies, and they will be notified of this. This ability can only be used if their vote isn’t already being manipulated, otherwise it will fail.

Light of Judgement: You may PM me the name of one player each night. You will be given information on this player's name and abilities, and you will be immune to this player's abilities the following Day and Night. You will not get information on their allegiance or masonries if any exist. They will not be notified.

Goner: At Night, choose a player by PMing me their name. That player will die and this ability may not be redirected or prevented. This ability may only be used once.

Posting restriction
You have to type "hahahaha", "lol", or :laugh: exactly as posted here (four "ha") in every post you make in which you vote for someone. Failure to do so will result in an unknown punishment (it will not be in your favor).

Special Information

Win Condition:
You are independently aligned and win when all of Town or all of Mafia are dead.

Safeclaim: Sephiroth is not in this game. You make up the abilities.

Special Information: This role has been used previously; it has since been modified. Be wary of giving out information that could pin you as Kefka the Independent!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Few notes:

Was sad no one used Azrael's vig ability like I planned. :(

It was gonna be super fun. You got to pick the weapon they were killed with, and I got to make up a little story about them being killed with said weapon. This lets you breadcrumb that you were the one to kill them, by the way. Saying "thought I'd pipe down for a bit, but meh. I've got questions to ask" followed by someone dying from a pipe, etc., etc. Was wondering if anyone would catch onto that.

UTD Zac did exactly what I would have done with his ability. Waste it immediately. Meta-Knight was designed to be a red herring; if he had used his "unvoteable" ability late game, he would have been a NKill target or lynch the next day for sure. Good play, UTD.

Rajam's shapeshifting ability was another red herring. He could use it to catch mafia if they used someone's name from janitor / investigation as a safe claim, but otherwise it was useless. Could have confused people potentially later though, so Rajam chose not to use it. Reasonable, I guess.

Town lynched the vig D1.

Town lost Cop N1.

Town lynched the doctor (jailer) D2.

Town should thank Vanderzant, because you guys would have gotten creamed without him :p

Mafia played a pretty poor game in general; they brought too much attention onto themselves and didn't use their abilities in a very productive manner. I was actually worried that mafia would be overpowered this game, as I designed them to be a kind of "synergy" team. Janitor can mask someone and claim their role, potentially get others lynched. Yakuza can recruit someone via Onslaught's investigation and get an awesome recruit instead of blind.

Just goes to show you that a strong mafia team can be brought down by one player. GJ Vanderzant.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Swiss you should sign up for FF6 mafia =P

All my games are pretty intricate and built by design.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Kefka makes an appearance in every OS game, we're gonna see him in normal people mafia next, amright?

Next time I want a stronger player to be Kefka though, KevinM as Kefka would be awesome.

Also, OS, get on aim. I'm currently bedridden and bored.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
maaaan i wanna comment when i get on a cpu. Also we didnt play well at all xD

FFFF u Vand for killing me ;-; So upset i couldnt fight or try and get out NOR could I use my Yak ability...

But yea gg. I wanted X1-12 to win.

Rajam

Smash Champion
I had the scummiest role ever for a townie... how was I supposed to use my ability in a pro-town way? :S

X1-12

Smash Champion
Thanks J!

I can't beleive town lynched me there though, tbh I thought I was dead after I blindly pushed for the vig's lynch (I needed to live) but then when I had a claim which checks out in pretty much every respect I get killed

I'd like to think a different town would have killed EP first =[

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
My post totally vanished :(

Nah, you did good X1, just saying I'd love to see a truly awesome scum player with this role.

And having a secret wincon was a little BS, were it me I'd probably let kefka choose when he eliminated one side and have both in the role pm.

M.K

Level 55
Yay Town!!!
Gg Vand we were a good team (hopefully you considered me valuable!)

How did I play? Posting from phone

Swiss

Smash Lord
MK I think you breadcrumbed your Jailkeepr role too obviously, and basically set yourself up for the NK. Vanz was clever in trying to tell you to STFU.

You played well from what I skimmed though.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I laughed when I saw I got MK but cried when I realized he was vanilla townie =(

I looked up my safe claim as DDD and found the ability Super Jump (read it from smash dojo). Makes me unvotable ;)

Sorry to everyone for not being active. I was getting wrecked by college/work/projects and just didn't have time to catch up and reread stuff.

Good stuff Vand!

Lol Swiss

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Better, flailed a bit in the beginning, pressure was good considering your post restriction, you gave your ability up way too early though. I liked the red herring though, one of the few cases where it was ok for town to lie cause it was totally non-confirmable except by scum night-killing you, and your general audacity about your roleclaim made it believable.

Improving, not there yet though.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The flavor and set up was amazing. I need to join more OS games. I wish I lived longer in this >_>.

Also Vandy is pro. Nice Job.

X1-12

Smash Champion
may as well do some shoutouts. Some people due to inactivity or early death I've just forgotten about, sorry guys

OS: I like the flavour, for D1 I was wondering if the mafia would all be heroes :p but no. I'm gonna be salty about the wincon for ages but other than that enjoyed the game and the roles

EP: You actually played a really good game but in my eyes it went downhill from D4, it seemed like you were tunnelling a bit hard. iImpressed by your play d1-3 though, watching Vand was a very good choice

Rajam: Voting so suddenly when the game is down to 5 players is never a good idea, take time to read over, I know it all worked out but impulse voting can be real bad. Especially in an OS game where there could be any crazy roles out there

Zac : Could have been a bit more active? also out of curiosity what would you have done at the end here after my claim?

SirB: shame about the monitor issues :/

Vanderzant: Props, major props, you played a good game and deserve MVP, good night action choices too.

MK: shame you died early, but playing with you was good, I'd not have pegged Dastrn if it wasn't for his and your banter about being indy

Dastrn: I saw in the QT you complaining about Gboy attacking you, but in all honesty you should be able to deal with pressure from buddies. If he has points on you that you can't defend against, it can only because you were playing badly. from my experience you seem to be just a better town player

Swiss: haha

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@X, I would have killed you off. We didn't know your win condition or why the game was still going. A logical conclusion is that you need to kill off the rest of town.

You claiming Indie and cross voting with EP made it a little easy :S

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
van ***** this game lol

I legit thought X1 was yak'd mafia, loooool. I was right for the wrong reasons. :>

Set-up was awesome.

Dam OS and his red herrings.

I never got to use any of my abilities. D: Although they were mostly pretty useless (WHY DO I HAVE TAUNT WHEN EVERYONE IS INDY-HUNTING? D: ).

And uh, why didn't J Yak anyone? @_@

3-0 babyyyyy

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
F this game.

F Vanderzant.

F THE WORLD.

I hate scum roles from now on. I suck at lying, and I look scummy regardless of alignment.

Van did great.

Town did very well.

Thanks to Swiss for trying to save our slot. Too bad I suck as scum though. Wouldve played, but that whole walrus scare amirite?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I love getting scum.

I think people remember me being scum even in games when I'm town

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Vander totally owned this game, he's def MVP, he made my job as watcher soooooo much easier by crumbing my role, otherwise i dont think I could have convinced anyone to vote x1. Amazing job van, u played a sick game.

OS LOVES that kefka role lol.

OS - this game was setup really awesome, i was trying to figure out who kefka was the whole time, lol. i thought it was rajam >.<

Rajam - LOL, I knew if i brought up Omni's independent play you'd be totally convinced to vote x1. I'm glad you learned from your mistakes. IMO anyone who is confirmed independent should be lynched on the spot unless there is confirmed scum, and i too learned that lesson from CT

X1- I still don't understand if your claim was true or not, but it was a good one considering the circumstances. u also totally fell off my radar, never expected you to be indy well played

Meta kirby - WELL played town game and nice job going after Dastrn.

Dastrn, J -

Gordito - Don't be so hard on yourself. I was the only one who was sure you were scum all game long. Don't think you were that obvious at all. you just triggered what i look for in scum, doesnt make you obvious. i saw scum in u but i wasn't even sure about dastrn, who everyone said was ovb scum in this game, so I think diff playstyles fool different kinds of people, and that's what I'm learning as I play more mafia games.

Sir Bed - sorry about your monitor those abilities you had could have been intensely useful. the reason x1 couldn't be yakked mafia is that j didn't get to use her ability, she died by vanders hand, and him knowing for sure his ability work proves it.

Zen - sorry about early death, its cuz u were obv town I guess! not a bad thing

Tandora/Xsyven - sorry for not believing ya guys, but Van's ability allowed ur spirit to live on. FATALITY!

Overswarm I have a question. If Van tried to vig shot J and she Yakuza'd someone else the same night, and lets say yakuza had higher priority. would van get a PM saying his ability failed?

Top Bottom