• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains Mafia - X1-12 lynched! Town wins! X1-12, Indie survivor, wins a bit less!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm I have a question. If Van tried to vig shot J and she Yakuza'd someone else the same night, and lets say yakuza had higher priority. would van get a PM saying his ability failed?

I generally have fail PMs. I sometimes honestly forget, haha. I set up all my replies at once in new tabs and go through and hit "submit", and sometimes one or more doesn't send. That can be hectic. o_o

Overswarm

is laughing at you
question:

are there any villains you guys thought would be here that were missing?

what villain was most surprising? other than robokiyu, of course.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss: did you replace in purposely with the knowledge that you'd be mafia?
I'm not sure 2bh. I had a good reason at the time. I think had I known quite how bad my position was I might've skipped :p

I remember reading and knowing Das/Gord were scum - but not if that was before of after I got the role.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Just read the quicktopic. Seems they wanted to recruit me after I was investigated, so that's why they didn't recruit n1. not sure why you guys chose not to recruit n2 though, with cop dead..?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Personally i would've loved to see more varied source material for your villians, taking cinematic or literary villians like Mr. Kurtz from Heart of Darkness or Hal from 2001 a space Odyssey would be awesome, especially when contrasting the far more amusing villians that make up the cast of more nostalgic villians here.

If you're just going for saturday morning cartoon style then there are definate odd men out in this cast (kefka and Azreal immiediately spring to mind as much darker and more complex villains here).

Also, I lol'd at MK having a safe-claim in spite of being one of the nicest villians here.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Personally i would've loved to see more varied source material for your villians, taking cinematic or literary villians like Mr. Kurtz from Heart of Darkness or Hal from 2001 a space Odyssey would be awesome, especially when contrasting the far more amusing villians that make up the cast of more nostalgic villians here.

If you're just going for saturday morning cartoon style then there are definate odd men out in this cast (kefka and Azreal immiediately spring to mind as much darker and more complex villains here).

Also, I lol'd at MK having a safe-claim in spite of being one of the nicest villians here.
HAL was originally the janitor.

I changed it to Robokiyu to weaken scum. Robokiyu sounds really "out there", so anyone who claimed Robokiyu as a character would be greeted with "...buh?" and would give them undue attention. Scum doesn't want that.

In addition to this, his picture from google AND his device looks and soudns exactly like what a janitor would. If a janitor appeared in the game and someone claimed the name of a japanese corpse cleaning robot, attention would be directed on them at least momentarily.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm going to do shoutouts now because dag on my first game as scum was terrrible ;_;

OS: I loved the set-up soooo much haha. I wish I could've used the Yakuza ability. I was so tempted to use it on N2 before I killed MK though I was really confused as to what happened. I had no clue I was going to be NK'd by someone when the Vig was dead x.x.

Vanderzant: FFFF you...<3 Man you played such a good game. May I ask why you decided to Vig kill me? I mean was it really gut instinct that lead you to think I was scum? You got Dastrn and Gboy but actually only MK thought I was scum at first.

MK: When I killed you I was like, "Heck ya! The person who we knew was doc is dead and the one who had named all remaining scum is dead! We might have a chance." -turns to go back to mafia but never returns....- xD Seriously you played too well to keep around. What convinced you so much that if Dastrn flipped scum I was Mafia?

Zen: HAHAHAHA! I am so sorry but good god killing you was too much fun for me. We had originally decided MK would be the one to kill but at the time we did not know exactly who he was so we thought the doc would have wanted to save him. Out of the 3 "wolf pack" we saw you as the weakish lynch. Lucky us it was the cop at the same time. Though i'm glad I convinced to have ya killed. <3 ya mucho Zen.

Wolf Pack In General: WTF you three! Really good pack altogether. You had the Cop, the Doc, and the Hammer/Soul Stealer....at least we got 2 of you. Scary team which got all three of us very quickly. =x

Sir B: I was trying to buddy you sooo much but you kept disappearing on me :< gg ;D

X1-12: Didn't leave me a shoutout eh? Maybe I shouldn't leave you one either. xD But yea I wanted you to win when all the scum died. I knew you were the Vote Manipulator though I didn't know your restriction type things. Ah well thanks for finishing off the wolf pack for us!

Rajam: Why couldn't we kill you Dx Haha gg though. I really wanted to get ya lynched and connect ya to Vand a bit but meh I couldn't do it.

Edreese: I'm a guy.....gg though you played really well. The reason why I would've chosen you is because I thought you would have been the safest. haha I would've been so wrong. xD

UTD: Didn't really get to see from you much before I died :< gg ^^

Dastrn: Ack why did you have to die so early with that epic role ;_; I am sorry i bussed ya a bit but you were right it was the wrong thing to do and if I would've pushed Rajam more it would have worked maybe.

Gboy/Swiss: Gboy, ha...ha...ha we didn't do well as the last two scum plus we didn't really talk that much in the QT afterwards. Ah well we still did okayish. Swiss, I was like ":O he might actually save us....crap" You did really well but X1 had his teeth set in and got you lynched. T_T Oh wellz.

Tanny/Xsyven: I really wanted to keep you two alive ._. Xsyven just got the full brunt of it then when Tanny starting doing so well Vand killed her.

J: You suck as scum =P

Alright getting Vig killed sucked the hardest because I did not think I was gonna be killed. I never got to use my ability, nor did I get to fight which really made me sad. I never really got why I was Spiderman but eh still awesome role.

Also I didn't vote the ENTIRE game. T_T I thought I was playing that safe-claim really well and never got to do anything about that. Town Executioner would have been too good if I didn't die.

Gah as you can tell i'm a little salty but who wouldn't be if they were in my position. xD

X1-12

Smash Champion
J you died early and didn't post much, sorry dude :p I think you and Das actually left crumbs that the manipulator was indy which worried me for a bit but it may have been paranoia

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also OS, if MK roleblocked Vand N1 how could he have still had the Vig kill when he hammered Dastrn the next night. He said he Mind-read Edresse the next night and found out who he was.

I am sooooo confused as to how I die but I have one train of thought.

1.) Vand didn't kill me
2.) I didn't Yakuza myself
3.) X1 vig killed Vand so he hadn't used his killing ability yet.
4.) It had to be when I killed MK that I died.

Can you fully explain how I died D:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J you died early and didn't post much, sorry dude :p I think you and Das actually left crumbs that the manipulator was indy which worried me for a bit but it may have been paranoia
fiiiiine. =P And hahaha well I did idk about Das. I tried to post more but I did better than Oddworld. And All Star's my activity is my norm activity ;D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll answer questions when I get back.

Here's the kicker though:

There was a 13th player slot I had to get rid of! Anyone guess what (town) Villain it was?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Also OS, if MK roleblocked Vand N1 how could he have still had the Vig kill when he hammered Dastrn the next night. He said he Mind-read Edresse the next night and found out who he was.

1.) Vand didn't kill me

Vand wasn't roleblocked when he hammered. Hammering someone to gain their ability isn't a night action.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
No, wasn't Overswarm. I was a potential role though, designed to be anti-town.

Overswarm the role was hated (-1 to lynch), but wouldn't die when lynched the first time. Upon receiving the right amount of votes to lynch, it would then be stated that that player couldn't be lynched that Day and a new target was needed. He could be lynched the next Day.

Didn't use it because Mafia was still strong enough, and 3 mafia + 1 scum in a 12 man game is hard enough without that drastic of an anti-town role in it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Didn't use it because Mafia was still strong enough, and 3 mafia + 1 scum in a 12 man game is hard enough without that drastic of an anti-town role in it.
Is that more annoying that Sonic Mafia with 3 scum (1 was princess and 1 was bomb) with no Cop and a one shot doc?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That's a mafia setup designed for mafia to win without trying =P

My mafia setups are always closely related and require planning of all mafia members. One bad member will bring down the whole group like dominos in all my games.

Rajam

Smash Champion
question:

I lol'd at Kefka's claim. When X1 claimed Kefka with those abilities I knew the claim was true, but then I saw that weird win-con and just didn't, couldn't believe it. I quick-lynched X1 because of two reasons:

- His claimed win-con (I still can't believe it was actually true)
- Scum Edreeses would've claimed two people visiting vander, so we lynch one that Day, then the other next Day. I also didn't understand the yakuza role very well and I thought the recruited player got vanilla'd. X1 confirming he visited vander made him look even scummier+being confirmed indy

@OS: Where's Chewbacca and Alf :mad088:

Rajam

Smash Champion
Lol I still have problems linking english series names with the spanish translations (which sometimes are plain horrible)... they are called "Los Cariñositos" here... I don't even remember the names or other characters other than those dumb bears

btw do you know this guy?

pure evil

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Yaaaayyy post game :D. I'll respond to people later, I actually wrote these a little while ago (once I figured EP had it won!)

@OS: Thanks for the amazing game! I'm not a fan of massive power role games, but I thought my role was awesome, and the game worked really well. So much drama at the end lol. Although I kind of wished I was an indy with my ability. I reckon I could of pulled it off :p.

@EP: *high five* Good job pulling it through for town :D. I'm amazed at how accurately you picked up on all my crumbs, especially that I got confirmation from OS that my vig was successful.

Also, did you like my BS 100% out-of-my-*** case on you? LOL. I'll explain. I got my results pm from OS, saw "Watcher" and immediately concluded that any town watcher with half a brain would of targeted MK after he claimed he was Jailer. But then I went back and saw that you COULDN'T change targets, and logically deduced that you would of targeted me earlier on.

@Wolf Pack

Firstly ROFL at the three of us being Town's best PR's, and me setting us all up to be night killed :/.

@Zen: Awesome job on Day 1 man!!! Just wish someone else had got cop because you were too good for scum to keep alive LOL. You're WAY better at this game then you were in Dgames, I'd be afraid of you if I were scum. I can forsee a lot of N1 deaths for you in the future :p. Just think back to cartoons lol, you're like an entirely different player O.O

@MK: You too were awesome :D. Thanks for making sure we lynched Dastrn. We totally rocked Day 2. But why did you crumb so obviously that you had a power role AND were going to Jail me N1??? If you do that you gotta WIFOM it up and protect someone else :p. I still don't understand ROFL. I know it wouldn't of mattered because they investigated you… You still were awesome… but imagine if scum didn't investigate you :O.

@Xsyven/Tandora: So sorry if I came across a bit aggressive :/. Just really thought you were scum and I wanted to steal your ability :D

@Gord: You gotta learn to scum hunt bro! Even if you were posting a lot, you had like no substance… at all. GG though.

@Swiss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tACjxpxhW2Q

LOL. Thanks for replacing in :/, sorry Gord had already sealed your lynch :p.

@J: GG! Gotta work on your scum distancing though! Your little back and forths with gord were telling, as was Dastrn's all bark no bite D1 push! Also, remember to think TOWN TOWN TOWN the whole game! Think "would town auto assume that Xsyven was really the vig?" Also, I actually thought you might of been the vote manipulator because of how much you discussed it XD.

I tossed up killing you N1, it was really the mistakes you made above that made me pick you N2, and when Dastrn flipped scum I was almost SURE you were scum :p.

@Dastrn: GG! You sure know how to make someone second guess themselves as scum :D. You flipping scum was a big relief for me lol.

@Rajam; GG and good job copping all of that D2/D3 hate. Try to be more active next time! Inactives are such a pain for town :/.

@UTD: GG, I think that role was perfect for you lol. Actually, MK's role would of been better (Jailer that scum will never kill? Hell yeah!). Wish you could of posted more, but RL is a **** I guess :/

M.K

Level 55
@MK: You too were awesome :D. Thanks for making sure we lynched Dastrn. We totally rocked Day 2. But why did you crumb so obviously that you had a power role AND were going to Jail me N1??? If you do that you gotta WIFOM it up and protect someone else :p. I still don't understand ROFL. I know it wouldn't of mattered because they investigated you… You still were awesome… but imagine if scum didn't investigate you :O.
I definitely panicked a bit, and I put too much faith in my ability to convince scum that killing me wasn't the right thing to do. I think I played decently this game, but this is definitely one of my fatal flaws.

But hey! I can't complain, it's like....one of the only times scum considered me valuable enough to night kill ! :D

:D

T_T

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
question:

I reeealllyyy thought the Joker would be in the game as scum (or indy, but didn't know about your Kefka thing :p).

Also sorry about not using the vig flavour... I seriously MEANT to do it but just forgot each time.

I was planning to make my weapon "Kill J with my superior scum hunting skills" but blah, I forgot. Would of been funny though :p

1.) Vand didn't kill me

I wasn't role blocked N2, so I killed you and investigated EP that night. X1 killed me on N3.

@X1, it's ironic, but I don't see any way you could of really won by yourself. If you hadn't killed me I would of had all your ability results, and would of made town lynch you :p.

Bizarre that you were telling the truth though :/. But I had it mod confirmed that J died thanks to me, so there were no scum left, and a nerfed Watcher didn't make sense for an indy.

GG again though :D. Congrats on the win too!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I definitely panicked a bit, and I put too much faith in my ability to convince scum that killing me wasn't the right thing to do. I think I played decently this game, but this is definitely one of my fatal flaws.

But hey! I can't complain, it's like....one of the only times scum considered me valuable enough to night kill ! :D

:D

T_T
Lol when you said "Vand isn't going anywhere toNight" I was like "OH HELL NO he just claimed jailer!!!!! my obv town buddy claimed jailer nooooooo" Then Zen was the cop and I was like "WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!!"

Scum must have missed the crumb though :p.

But again, you were way spot on with your reads, so *high five*

The three of us have to sign up for the same game again lol. Too much fun on Day 1 :D

EDIT:

How did I forget

@Sir bed: How does it make you feel that I tried to vig you both N1 and N3 but failed each time :p. Thought you were scum N1 and indy N3 lol. GG though, sucks that you couldn't be more active, but RL is a ****. Let's play again some time :D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
ikr! You put me in the biggest pickle ever seriously T~T I got screwed over. Also I would love to play another game with you sometime. Hopefully of the same side! xD

I even had a cover story to a mistake I made in RVS with the town executioner.

Top Bottom