• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager Video Thread

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
recorded one of my replays from for glory mode :

and here is the video of me dsmash>tree growth
it happens on the last stock so you might want to skip to the end, but since this is the villager video thread... just watch the entire thing anyway.
(btw i really liked the way this zss was playing and i wanted to play against her more, but she quit after one match.)

Last edited:

MadCanard

Smash Apprentice
and here is the video of me dsmash>tree growth
it happens on the last stock so you might want to skip to the end, but since this is the villager video thread... just watch the entire thing anyway.
(btw i really liked the way this zss was playing and i wanted to play against her more, but she quit after one match.)
dsmash>tree growth is so satisfying. Well done.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
I hope Salem starts bringing his Villager out more in tournaments. I think he underestimates his potential. I also really like his aggro style.

Derik

Smash Rookie
A good friend of mine asked me to watch and upload his first combo video so I decided to pass it on to the villager community, enjoy...

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Villager vs Greninja. I've been hosting a lot from this greninja and he's definitely pretty good, great to see some players picking him up.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
I would actually like to see how Mtn64 deals with sonic players as well, I'm having quite a bit of trouble dealing with the one on my smash scene and would love to see how others have approached the match-up with great success.

Even if all the footage you can get is like low phone quality off a camera on 3ds or something, good helpful footage is good and helpful regardless.
Heyo Zee, we need to get more matches in.
Sadly my device's camera isnt working, I'd love to share some of my videos.
Addressing the Doctor Mario cape killing him (a month or two back)
I posted of a similar situation in Lloid Discussion.

HeadofHudet

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
5259-5066-0804
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2JpZo-_jxQ

Ok guys, tell me what you think of this "diddy counter": Having timber counter (the trip plant) to ruin diddy's grab game, having the big pocket range to easily pick up his naner and keep it from him at all times, and having the explosive balloons - to make villager EVEN SCARIER offstage.
I ****ed up this tournament later on, though. I was too prepared for diddy and sheik, not mii brawler and rob :/

MadCanard

Smash Apprentice

Ok guys, tell me what you think of this "diddy counter": Having timber counter (the trip plant) to ruin diddy's grab game, having the big pocket range to easily pick up his naner and keep it from him at all times, and having the explosive balloons - to make villager EVEN SCARIER offstage.
I ****ed up this tournament later on, though. I was too prepared for diddy and sheik, not mii brawler and rob :/

Wow nice work! He didn't seem to know what to do against you.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

I would be so disgusted by you but then I remembered who your opponent was.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Hey guys, pretty major glitch I found in the Pac MU that essentially freezes the Villager indefinitely in centre stage. First thing in the video.
I'm really curious if pocketing the Trampoline is important for that glitch.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
I'm really curious if pocketing the Trampoline is important for that glitch.
Yeah, at the time I had no idea but I think I worked it out.

What basically happened was he had hit me allowing me to use another trampoline, which I duly used at the same time he pocketed my original one. Hence why you see me bob up slightly before dying as my new trampoline had completely vanished.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Had a match on the 3ds version, I did this awesome combo , launch gyroid>dair>gyroid hit>fair plane all the way across stage, off stage and to death.

Not sure if the upload thing worked as my phone is not reliable in that aspect

Edit: got that video uploaded from my phone, so here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=kmtGtgubml0

Last edited:

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Hey, guys. After the first game in this stream are two games with my Villager. There's a few more in the video that I haven't looked at yet, but look if you want to.

I'm pretty bad at the moment, so give me some tips. And I know, I have a bad habit of trying to grab even though the grab isn't all the great.

http://www.twitch.tv/mrxmaseve/b/606759476

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Grab is great but situational. I see it more of a hard read than a grab.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
By not great it takes a while for it to come out. I've been punished for trying to grab, before the net even starts swinging. Shield grabbing mostly. It's just too slow. If you grab you have to be sure it's actually going to catch them.

MadCanard

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait till someone uploads Salem's videos from the Clash Tournament yesterday. He was playing like a man possessed.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
By not great it takes a while for it to come out. I've been punished for trying to grab, before the net even starts swinging. Shield grabbing mostly. It's just too slow. If you grab you have to be sure it's actually going to catch them.
Which is why I said hard read.
The startup is 15 frames too.. Yikes.

The best uses are out ranging and grabbing, pivot grabbing, shield grabbing longer recovery time moves, and reads/lloid traps.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Which is why I said hard read.
The startup is 15 frames too.. Yikes.

The best uses are out ranging and grabbing, pivot grabbing, shield grabbing longer recovery time moves, and reads/lloid traps.
If one would avoid using it often because it's not safe, it would be very surprising it whip it out of, say, a retreating pivot. Then backthrow offstage. At high percents, that's a KO. I've been surprised by that backthrow a few times. It's definitely worth it. And the pivot grab has awesome range.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
finally got around to recording some of my replays with villager. and uploading them to youtube.
so here they are.

here is a for glory match replay i saved.

and a friendlies with one of my friendly friends.

and more villager goodness, with my friend.

still more villager :D with my friend.
At first, I was very skeptical when I saw you playing, but the way you took him across BF in that combo was phenomenal and deserved kudos. I personally pride my Villager play and feel like I'm top 5 in NYC if there are even 5 good ones cuz the only one I know of is Zee and someone I know. But, suffice to say you impressed me. It's refreshing seeing another good Villager.

Sorry for the lack of prime quality but here's a game from me vs. a very good CF player I know. RN, I;m working on my constant rolling which bites me in the ass many a time but overall, a good win for me. Its a portion of how I play. CF is a scary match up.

Last edited:

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
At first, I was very skeptical when I saw you playing, but the way you took him across BF in that combo was phenomenal and deserved kudos. I personally pride my Villager play and feel like I'm top 5 in NYC if there are even 5 good ones cuz the only one I know of is Zee and someone I know. But, suffice to say you impressed me. It's refreshing seeing another good Villager.

Sorry for the lack of prime quality but here's a game from me vs. a very good CF player I know. RN, I;m working on my constant rolling which bites me in the *** many a time but overall, a good win for me. Its a portion of how I play. CF is a scary match up.
Have you actually fought Zee?
I played him around November I believe, think it was 4-4 in our games.
If you can actually match up to him they'll be hype matches, I'll see if I can record 3 games since I'm playing him again with my terribad camera I just got.
Let me know if you're up for dittos, sadly I'm 3ds restricted atm.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766

Sorry for the lack of prime quality but here's a game from me vs. a very good CF player I know. RN, I;m working on my constant rolling which bites me in the *** many a time but overall, a good win for me. Its a portion of how I play. CF is a scary match up.
Well thank you very much.
I have a lot more videos to upload, but sadly, my computer is nowhere near me, so i cant be recording or uploading villager goodness for a while.

In those 4 videos, i didnt do some of my usual combos, i was still gettibg used to the game.

Things like fair strings across the stage or up air juggles are so fun to do. Tree edge guards, or baits into tree growth. Or even dair to prelaunched gyroid. Villager is just too fun.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Have you actually fought Zee?
I played him around November I believe, think it was 4-4 in our games.
If you can actually match up to him they'll be hype matches, I'll see if I can record 3 games since I'm playing him again with my terribad camera I just got.
Let me know if you're up for dittos, sadly I'm 3ds restricted atm.
Haven't fought his YET, but been commenting on videos of his on YouTube and be granted responses. I asked him to play and meet ups some time so hopefully that happens. But def, they will be super hype. Lemme know about those matches if you do!

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Well thank you very much.
I have a lot more videos to upload, but sadly, my computer is nowhere near me, so i cant be recording or uploading villager goodness for a while.

In those 4 videos, i didnt do some of my usual combos, i was still gettibg used to the game.

Things like fair strings across the stage or up air juggles are so fun to do. Tree edge guards, or baits into tree growth. Or even dair to prelaunched gyroid. Villager is just too fun.
Overhead pre-launched Lloyd into falling NAir or DAir makes me feel like a little giddy school girl inside. That combo not only racks up nice damage but is just ILL to pull off and I subconsciously do so a lot lol. Villager is my favorite in that whole game. I wanna see Shovel Knight and Bayonetta though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:c

Peep this crazy ish I did btw lol. Hopefully you can see it cuz it's on my FB.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
My series featuring Villager!

Your first video reminded me of Palutena's Celestial Fireworks. In Kid Icarus Uprising, Celestial Fireworks are done to celebrate Lady Palutena. Do you guys think the Villagers are celebrating her?
Also you reminded me why I refuse to show any footage of me in for glory, people get away with being terrible because you expect them to do the smart thing, its a sort of anti-meta shiz.

BTW I love your undefeatable series and watched all the ROB ones

Last edited:

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Hey guys! I finally recorded some games!
I did some friendlies with a very good Villager main!
I recorded two of my wins and two of my losses.
Its on my YouTube playlist which you can find here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmo0sfteixIs_IoOXDkDOWe59dJXOeLqN
Please check them out and lemme know if I wasn't doing something. (Should be entertaining too.)
I clicked on two random videos of yours and they happened to be the wins. Jesus, this matchup is hectic. Haven't played it much myself but I AM a seasoned Villager main since the demo so I know and have learned quite a lot. Tbh, I was gonna say "too many Lloyds" until I realized that was ridiculously ignorant. It's just bout to happen in this match. I respect that I saw minimal to no rolling l, as that is something I've been working on heavily myself. Your edge guarding game needs some work. Your opponent had the idea, getting you caught in those NAir strings that are so good. The only thing I could actually suggest that I see could be an excellent tool to get in on this ditto MU is to NOT throw as many Lloysds, bait out a Lloyd from your opponent and then run in upon their vulnerability period when summoning it with an axe for the meaty hit. In short, try to set up trees more. TRY. If it doesn't work in one MU, try it another time. Otherwise, not bad.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Last night i had some amazing villager dittos, i just wish i was able to record them live cuz they were so fun.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
I clicked on two random videos of yours and they happened to be the wins. Jesus, this matchup is hectic. Haven't played it much myself but I AM a seasoned Villager main since the demo so I know and have learned quite a lot. Tbh, I was gonna say "too many Lloyds" until I realized that was ridiculously ignorant. It's just bout to happen in this match. I respect that I saw minimal to no rolling l, as that is something I've been working on heavily myself. Your edge guarding game needs some work. Your opponent had the idea, getting you caught in those NAir strings that are so good. The only thing I could actually suggest that I see could be an excellent tool to get in on this ditto MU is to NOT throw as many Lloysds, bait out a Lloyd from your opponent and then run in upon their vulnerability period when summoning it with an axe for the meaty hit. In short, try to set up trees more. TRY. If it doesn't work in one MU, try it another time. Otherwise, not bad.
Usually the MU isn't that crazy, you need two villagers who really know how to move the character.
I'm getting under the habit of setting tree up / buffering jump for instagrowth, but before I had games where the button didn't even occur.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So I just got a Capture Card

I need to mess around with it a bit more to find out how to make better videos and stuff, but the point is, I love this match I had with my friend XP Especially the ending...

What do yall think? ;3

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
So I just got a Capture Card

I need to mess around with it a bit more to find out how to make better videos and stuff, but the point is, I love this match I had with my friend XP Especially the ending...

What do yall think? ;3
Nice last stock,

But.... WHY U NO USE TREE!!!!!

Mm linear rcovery could easily have been takem care of with a simple chop chop,

Top Bottom