• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager Video Thread

CodyOdyO

Smash Cadet
LOL! That commentator is hella salty talking about Villager's recovery. What a baby.
Most of my local scene has the same attitude as the guy who is commentating, but towards Sm4sh as a whole. It's really annoying when I put out good footage and gameplay and it doesn't really garnish much respect.

Oh well, their salt becomes my money.

I'm also amused that somebody managed to post the top 3 video before I did. There's some more footage of my villager around 17:00-18:00 minutes in I believe. It's the GF set.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Most of my local scene has the same attitude as the guy who is commentating, but towards Sm4sh as a whole. It's really annoying when I put out good footage and gameplay and it doesn't really garnish much respect.

Oh well, their salt becomes my money.

I'm also amused that somebody managed to post the top 3 video before I did. There's some more footage of my villager around 17:00-18:00 minutes in I believe. It's the GF set.
Don't worry Cody. We recognize ya.

Also I gotta see that X3 Your matches are always nice.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Some of your reads early on seemed a bit off, and you might want to save Smash attacks for when you know they will kill, since other, less commiting moves can come out faster and form better strings for just as much, if not more, damage.

But great finish, especially coming back from an unfortunate SD.

I faced Skillager already, but haven't had the chance to face Zee, and I did NOT know who Cat God was O.o

However, I WOULD like to face you at some point to try and learn a few pointers, if that'd be fine :3

Also, I feel Salem also has a really solid Villager~
Well, again, I mean not to be a jerk but just to be blunt in my critiques. You're not bad, just didn't see anything I haven't seen yet is all. I went to a meetup yesterday at this guy named Bum's house who's known in the smash community and had a reality check. I'm short, I have a lot of practice to do, thank you for the advice and compliment though. My friend thinks I have a better Vlaher than Salem but now I'd like to retreat into my shell and just practice insteD of declaring how good I think I may be. Add me on Wii I though. I'd love to play. RioFlows

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Well, again, I mean not to be a jerk but just to be blunt in my critiques. You're not bad, just didn't see anything I haven't seen yet is all. I went to a meetup yesterday at this guy named Bum's house who's known in the smash community and had a reality check. I'm short, I have a lot of practice to do, thank you for the advice and compliment though. My friend thinks I have a better Vlaher than Salem but now I'd like to retreat into my shell and just practice insteD of declaring how good I think I may be. Add me on Wii I though. I'd love to play. RioFlows
Alright, definitely will ^.^

What day are you free?

And yeah, what's interesting about Smash is, you can play against players that are decent/good, and destroy them, but at the same time, just when you think you're good, you face someone that just faceplants you XP

Also I feel my style is a bit rough because up until recently, I was a self-taught Villager. As in, I picked him up in the demo, and just used him like, a LOT. However, I never faced another Villager, except like maybe 5-7 in 500 matches. Then I decided to start looking through Smashboards for stuff.

Now I'm getting used to DIRTBUS, b-reverse Pocket, dsmash to usmash (which is so good <3) etc.

Last edited:

MadCanard

Smash Apprentice
Question for you fine folks. Check out 14:05-14:06 of this video. Does Villager jab, jab, fair without leaving the ground? Not sure if I'm seeing that right, but the sound effect and the distance make it seem like that's what happened. Am I losing my mind or am I seeing that right? And if so, how?

Edit:

Just figured out how to use gfycat. When I slow it down I don't see the slingshot actually come out, but I still can't tell what exactly is happening.

https://gfycat.com/TestyBiodegradableInchworm

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Question for you fine folks. Check out 14:05-14:06 of this video. Does Villager jab, jab, fair without leaving the ground? Not sure if I'm seeing that right, but the sound effect and the distance make it seem like that's what happened. Am I losing my mind or am I seeing that right? And if so, how?

That was a 3rd jab, that traded with Diddy's attack.

A slingshot at that range, at that percent, would 100% kill.

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
Was pretty impressed with this guy's villager. He's very fast paced.

I feel like that one commentator was a used car salesman. I couldn't watch the rest of the video cause his voice was so annoying..

Decent villager though. After the first match he got really predictable

Last edited:

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Alright, definitely will ^.^

What day are you free?

And yeah, what's interesting about Smash is, you can play against players that are decent/good, and destroy them, but at the same time, just when you think you're good, you face someone that just faceplants you XP

Also I feel my style is a bit rough because up until recently, I was a self-taught Villager. As in, I picked him up in the demo, and just used him like, a LOT. However, I never faced another Villager, except like maybe 5-7 in 500 matches. Then I decided to start looking through Smashboards for stuff.

Now I'm getting used to DIRTBUS, b-reverse Pocket, dsmash to usmash (which is so good <3) etc.
I am self taught from the demo as well but just picked up things very quickly. Wtf is a DIRTBUS btw?

I don't have free days per say but we can just play whenever. Like, I may be on for a few soon if you way want a match or something.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I am self taught from the demo as well but just picked up things very quickly. Wtf is a DIRTBUS btw?

I don't have free days per say but we can just play whenever. Like, I may be on for a few soon if you way want a match or something.
Sadly, can't today. Got a headache x-x (I blame Skullgirl's final boss)

Would tomorrow night be good? =D

Also a DIRTBUS (Dash into Run Transition Booster Up-Smash) is a Villager AT that was discovered, where if you upsmash right after a dash, in the transition between dash and run, your usmash will slide forward, like a DACUS.

There's a thread on it.

Last edited:

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
I use the tree sometimes for edgeguarding, but oftentimes I just decide to jump in after them with nair XD

But yeah, tree can definitely be used. I just stopped using it frequently for some reason x.x

Also that match is a month old or so. This is a more recent one.

IDK if you can see an improvement.

Ok so I lurk around a lot in the Villager threads and I see you post a lot so I thought I'd give this a look see. I'm gonna break it down to the good, bad, and ugly.

Good- Lloid stalls were used very effectively. Moderate mix up with fair and dair, I can tell you like the dair a lot. You landed it quite a few times, but I would say that because you input that attack many more times. You're not afraid to follow people off the stage, and with a character like Villager who is so good at gimping that's a nice trait to have.

Bad- Predictability. Full hop dair approach hoping to poke them with the sourspot will not get you very far competitively. The megaman caught on to you and started spot dodging, then realized he should grab and grab he did. I would say use nair more as both an approach and out of shield option.

Ugly- Timber use was 0. In a match that long I expected to see some falling trees but there was not even a sapling planted. If you dont usually KO people with Timber I would suggest at least planting it when you have time for scare tactics. Also, against a mega man I would have gone pocket crazy. I counted about 7 attempts at pocket and 3 captures. Unfortunately you didn't hit him with that pocketed fsmash, but for that match up I would have baited for his fsmashes by spacing myself in front of him more.

Overall I think you have a lot of potential. Just remember, if it can be done as a full hop it can be done as a short one :)

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Sadly, can't today. Got a headache x-x (I blame Skullgirl's final boss)

Would tomorrow night be good? =D

Also a DIRTBUS (Dash into Run Transition Booster Up-Smash) is a Villager AT that was discovered, where if you upsmash right after a dash, in the transition between dash and run, your usmash will slide forward, like a DACUS.

There's a thread on it.
Ah word? Nice. Yeah, tonight should be good for me and I'll look up/ try that DIRTBUS AT today so thanks for that

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Ah word? Nice. Yeah, tonight should be good for me and I'll look up/ try that DIRTBUS AT today so thanks for that
No problem. I'm actually thinking of doing a compilation thread of all the Villager ATs tghat have been found, because jeez, there have been a lot xD

And alright, I'll look forward to it =3

@ Kohak Kohak - Thanks. ^.^

Yeah, I realize my Villager is easily shield grabbed when I approach like that XD In fact, shield grabbing has been the bane of my existence. If I do the lloid to grab, they simply jump half the time and I'm left open for a counter since Villager's grab is so slow. Should I only grab if I see them shielding (as in, would I have time?)

Regardless, I DO plan to keep practicing, especially my ground game, since I definitely am in the air too much XP

Also I always find it weird. In my early Villager days, I used Timber a fair amount...now I hardly pull it out x-x I think I've just sort of forgotten that it's part of my arsenal (same with pocket) that's why I'm trying to get more accustomed to both.

Needless to say, I think I'm good with Villager, and have some really nice areas, but the weak areas I have are so blatant that I need to work on them ASAP, or risk getting wrecked by advanced players XD

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
No problem. I'm actually thinking of doing a compilation thread of all the Villager ATs tghat have been found, because jeez, there have been a lot xD

And alright, I'll look forward to it =3

@ Kohak Kohak - Thanks. ^.^

Yeah, I realize my Villager is easily shield grabbed when I approach like that XD In fact, shield grabbing has been the bane of my existence. If I do the lloid to grab, they simply jump half the time and I'm left open for a counter since Villager's grab is so slow. Should I only grab if I see them shielding (as in, would I have time?)

Regardless, I DO plan to keep practicing, especially my ground game, since I definitely am in the air too much XP

Also I always find it weird. In my early Villager days, I used Timber a fair amount...now I hardly pull it out x-x I think I've just sort of forgotten that it's part of my arsenal (same with pocket) that's why I'm trying to get more accustomed to both.

Needless to say, I think I'm good with Villager, and have some really nice areas, but the weak areas I have are so blatant that I need to work on them ASAP, or risk getting wrecked by advanced players XD
So, based of of what you just said and Kohak's input, I'll say this for you Link:

1) Don't ALWAYS Lloyd to grab. Bait your opponent with Lloyds, run up to them and see what they do. They have three options when you throw on out: Shield, jump or spot dodge. Try to get predicting which will come out and either FAir or NAir forward and you may catch them. Also, you can Lloyd, run up to them at a good distance and F or DTilt as well for safe pressure. (these things I'm telling you are things I'm just thinking of RIGHT NOW that I will actually be utilizing in practice later today lol)

2) IMHO, I feel you simply NEED a tree out at SOME point(s) in a match. It's a huge part of our spacing as well as offense (Remember: Sapling = Watering can which pushes opponents back, tree growth = strong/long-lasting hit box on growth + possible fruit/wood chip to heal/damage and full tree = NEW kill option in the axe as well as shenanigans with the tree.)

3) I too forget about the pocketing most of the time, particularly cuz the friends I play use characters that are not projectile spammers or just aren't worth pocketing (such as Yoshi and Sheik) But, remember that B-reversal Pocketing is key to get away and track your opponent from time to time because it is invincible on starting frames.

That's it for my analysis atm. It's crazy how invested I am in typing all this up. The Smash community gives me the energy and drive to want to do so and help others. ^.^ Hope I helped a bit.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So, based of of what you just said and Kohak's input, I'll say this for you Link:

1) Don't ALWAYS Lloyd to grab. Bait your opponent with Lloyds, run up to them and see what they do. They have three options when you throw on out: Shield, jump or spot dodge. Try to get predicting which will come out and either FAir or NAir forward and you may catch them. Also, you can Lloyd, run up to them at a good distance and F or DTilt as well for safe pressure. (these things I'm telling you are things I'm just thinking of RIGHT NOW that I will actually be utilizing in practice later today lol)

2) IMHO, I feel you simply NEED a tree out at SOME point(s) in a match. It's a huge part of our spacing as well as offense (Remember: Sapling = Watering can which pushes opponents back, tree growth = strong/long-lasting hit box on growth + possible fruit/wood chip to heal/damage and full tree = NEW kill option in the axe as well as shenanigans with the tree.)

3) I too forget about the pocketing most of the time, particularly cuz the friends I play use characters that are not projectile spammers or just aren't worth pocketing (such as Yoshi and Sheik) But, remember that B-reversal Pocketing is key to get away and track your opponent from time to time because it is invincible on starting frames.

That's it for my analysis atm. It's crazy how invested I am in typing all this up. The Smash community gives me the energy and drive to want to do so and help others. ^.^ Hope I helped a bit.
Indeed, I went on FG and out of 10 matches, I sprouted like at LEAST 11 trees.

Honestly, at worst, trees will buy you some breathing room, cuz no opponent is stupid enough to dash into them....most of the time.

I actually do like using the watercan slide, cuz it's a very fast spacing/baiting tool, as it allows you to quickly move forward, then back.

My main use of running behind lloid is to fair them, so that when they try to jump, they will get hit by fair, then by the lloid, and I can follow up with another fair...but if I condition them to shield, thinkin I'm gonna fair, if I do somethin else, it SHOULD get them >:3

And yeah, b-reverse pocketing is usually better than airdodging, cuz no extra landing lag. And cuz, ya know, you get to actually shift your momentum XP

Thanks for the input ^.^

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
As a mix up you can launch the llid overhead to cut off the jumping option and run undernearh the lloid with fars nairs or dairs or a grab to fthrow into the lloid

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
As a mix up you can launch the llid overhead to cut off the jumping option and run undernearh the lloid with fars nairs or dairs or a grab to fthrow into the lloid
Would running under it and using dash attack be good too?

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Would running under it and using dash attack be good too?
That's very dependent because I feel like most smart players would block. Doing it once or twice may work in a match but the dash leaves you quite vulnerable so you need to watch out. What's cool about the pot though is that (although not the best) it is another edgeguarding tool as it falls off ledges. I've been practicing throwing it off specific markers on stages where it JUST goes over the edge to gimp. Could lead to an Fsmash set up.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
That's very dependent because I feel like most smart players would block. Doing it once or twice may work in a match but the dash leaves you quite vulnerable so you need to watch out. What's cool about the pot though is that (although not the best) it is another edgeguarding tool as it falls off ledges. I've been practicing throwing it off specific markers on stages where it JUST goes over the edge to gimp. Could lead to an Fsmash set up.
The pot normally hits on opponents that don't expect its range. Other than that, it's very unsafe XD

Interestingly, the pot itself is not a good edgeguard, but it IS good for setting yourself up in a better position FOR edgeguarding, since it can get there faster than you, and can stun the opponent for a second, so you can prep a fsmash, or chase with nair/fair.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Really solid villager. Looks as if that bowser doesnt have much villager experience.

On that first stock of the second game, it lookd as if you could still double jump fair to close out that stock, but you didnt.
Youve got crazy mobility. Nice bowling balls off the platform, always good. I dont get to do that since for glory is fd only.
Need to fully sheild all hits of bowsers up b before punishing, a common mistake.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Your edgeguards are sick, dude.

Tho in the first fair combo, I feel you coulda gotten another one, didn't you have a second jump? =o

Regardless, great stuff.

EDIT Ninja'd.

Last edited:

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
I felt like I had another double jump too, but I kinda freaked out a little bit and thought I didn't have another one and didn't wanna risk seeing if I had another one cause I might've SD'd if I didn't have another jump.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I felt like I had another double jump too, but I kinda freaked out a little bit and thought I didn't have another one and didn't wanna risk seeing if I had another one cause I might've SD'd if I didn't have another jump.
But you forget you were using Villager.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Is this really THE LordCatGod? Dude, pleasure "meeting" you. I've seen a few of your matches, including this one, and have been very impressed with how you play our beloved Villager. I feel like you, Zee and Salem are the best around that I'VE seen. Great shenanigans on the edge. I do the same trap set up with Lloyd to FSmash or NAir on the edge. Also, as I'm sure you may agree, BF is my favorite stage because they're perfect for random yet strategically dropped bowling balls on unknowing opponents. One of my favorite parts of that match was on BF I believe when you had CalmAnimal off stage and planted the tree, he climbed from the ledge after one tree chop, rolled behind you, you grabbed him and threw im him back off the stage. #disrespectful #mean #gawjuss lol. Do you live in the NYC area? I would absolutely love to play with you. I live in the north Bronx but frequently travel by car or train.

Btw, peep this match I had against my friend last night who's an incredible Yoshi. Surprised myself and it was one of those morale boosters after losing all night coupled with bad lag. You or anyone lmk what ya think. Any critique is welcome. Granted this was NOT my best match but my comeback was something to marvel at due to my patience and smart decision making mixed with some misreads of my friend.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
It is nearly impossible to sd with villager. The only timez i sd is when i accidentally buffer an air dodge or aerial off stage.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
It is nearly impossible to sd with villager. The only timez i sd is when i accidentally buffer an air dodge or aerial off stage.
Sometimes I do it cuz Im stupid.

Like my opponent dodged my uair by jumping, so I try another one for no good reason, knowing it will miss, and by that point I die before I can upB.

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
Is this really THE LordCatGod? Dude, pleasure "meeting" you. I've seen a few of your matches, including this one, and have been very impressed with how you play our beloved Villager. I feel like you, Zee and Salem are the best around that I'VE seen. Great shenanigans on the edge. I do the same trap set up with Lloyd to FSmash or NAir on the edge. Also, as I'm sure you may agree, BF is my favorite stage because they're perfect for random yet strategically dropped bowling balls on unknowing opponents. One of my favorite parts of that match was on BF I believe when you had CalmAnimal off stage and planted the tree, he climbed from the ledge after one tree chop, rolled behind you, you grabbed him and threw im him back off the stage. #disrespectful #mean #gawjuss lol. Do you live in the NYC area? I would absolutely love to play with you. I live in the north Bronx but frequently travel by car or train.

Btw, peep this match I had against my friend last night who's an incredible Yoshi. Surprised myself and it was one of those morale boosters after losing all night coupled with bad lag. You or anyone lmk what ya think. Any critique is welcome. Granted this was NOT my best match but my comeback was something to marvel at due to my patience and smart decision making mixed with some misreads of my friend.

I actually don't live in the new York area. I live in Dallas,TX. Thanks for the input I didn't think I'd have someone who really loved how my villager plays, I just try to play a character I really like and villager just sticks with me. I'm actually in class right now lol so I'll watch your video when I get home, but Yea whenever I have time I like to plant trees especially when my opponent is offstage because it gives them a huge disadvantage.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I actually don't live in the new York area. I live in Dallas,TX. Thanks for the input I didn't think I'd have someone who really loved how my villager plays, I just try to play a character I really like and villager just sticks with me. I'm actually in class right now lol so I'll watch your video when I get home, but Yea whenever I have time I like to plant trees especially when my opponent is offstage because it gives them a huge disadvantage.
I watched your match against Awestin.

You know

The one with the tree and the bat.

I wonder how you felt at that moment. XP the commentators were dying...

Last edited:

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
I watched your match against Awestin.

You know

The one with the tree and the bat.

I wonder how you felt at that moment. XP the commentators were dying...
I actually hated it all day cause I felt it was embarrassing to make a mistake like that. I was actually trying to pocket the tree cause I knew he was going to bat it back but I didn't have a double jump so I was forced to recover. The ledge invincibility just died on me...;-;

Also I play online A LOT so anyone can play me. My Wi-Fi is really good so typically I never lag

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I too would like to chalenge other villagers.
Ive been playing so much zss that my villager skils have tapered imensley and i need to regain control of my inner creepiness

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Damn, TX. Welp, I'd LOVE to play you man. My tag is RAzul. Def add me. I just cant find yours. Hopefully we play someday. I'd love your feedback on my video as well when you get a chance, especially in that Yoshi MU. That's one of our toughest so I want to see how you approach it or any tips you may have.

Kohak

Smash Apprentice

@ RAzul RAzul a while back I said I'd show you how I handle Yoshi players. Here's an alright video that kinda covers what I said before. Granted this Yoshi was an egg spammer and had an unfortunate SD at the end, the basics were still there. I only got the Usmash punish once, but you can see how dair spammers can be handled with pretty easy with Villagers usmash.

I'm also open to critiques! Sorry for the bad quality

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965

@ RAzul RAzul a while back I said I'd show you how I handle Yoshi players. Here's an alright video that kinda covers what I said before. Granted this Yoshi was an egg spammer and had an unfortunate SD at the end, the basics were still there. I only got the Usmash punish once, but you can see how dair spammers can be handled with pretty easy with Villagers usmash.

I'm also open to critiques! Sorry for the bad quality
Interesting. Thank you for showing me that. Well, here are some of my critiques:

1) That Yoshi was porkbutts and taters. He's MC Scrub-a-lot.
2) I feel like you were a bit too aggressive at times. Granted, he was an egg smammer, but in situations like these when the person sucks (and usually other situations), just run up and shield. You'll be safe, move in efficiently and are able to get a lloyd out and follow it towards him for an easy grab, tree set up or mix up.
3) I know you did it only once which is fine here and there, but you don;t ever really have to pocket Yoshi's eggs in this match up. It's okay too, but do not abuse it (this goes for everyone reading this right now) because it's almost pointless. You have to remember the trajectory at which it was launched in order to hit with it btw in case you or anyone else didn't know. It's cool to catch one, have him off stage and bombard him with a Lloyd up top, throw the egg on neutral ground off the edge and bowling ball for low recovery. For the love of bacon though, be EXTRA careful in challenging a Yoshi n the air. ALL of his aerials are stupid good cuz of the disjointed hitboxes they have. This guy in this video had no combo knowledge so unfortunately that was not displayed.
4) I would try to have a sapling out for as LONG as possible and gradually water it for the surprise sprout kill or meaty damage. REMEMBER: Once the tree sprouts, your ax is your best friend. It's SO good with minimal cool down after its animation of being used. Use SPARINGLY but smartly. Don't wanna telegraph that you're going for it. I personally like to use it when chasing someone ff the edge as a surprise because of its high kill potential and good KB at mid to higher percentages.
5) The USmash punish you got was pretty good. Make sure you try baiting out a DIRTBUS (reference the Villager AT forum here on smash boards) It helps a hell of a lot. I was at a tournament yesterday where I used this quite a bit and capitalized on it. They don't see it coming much of the time it you don't abuse it.
6) Lastly, WHen you grabbed near the end, it was a great opportunity, but Idk why you threw him up...? I had no knowledge of where his percentage was at but I feel like the Up and Forward throws are useless (S/O to JTails for making me see this although I've never really used them anyways). At low percentages, DThrow combos into SHFFFAirs depending on the opponents wait and DI. Back throw should always be the main throw though. REMEMBER: Always try to get two pummels in at least. I usually forget to but am teaching myself to do that more often for extra tacked on damage.

That's it for my advice thus far. I wanted to finaly add that I was at a tournament yesterday where I FINALLY and fortunately met RiB|Zee and got to play/speak with him during casuals before the start of the tournament. (I took two videos of a set he had. I'll maybe put them on my YouTube and I'll ask him first so I can share it.) Anyways, He beat me in a 2-1 set and honestly, it could have gone either way. I almost had him. He was a little nervous himself lol. Ever so composed though, he complimented me on my play and it was just such an awesome experience cuz it's like sensei vs. grasshoppper. He's younger than me I believe but HE'S the one I've been watching this whole time mostly and learning from since the game came out and I was looking for a high level Villager to study. We'll be meeting up and practicing in the near future so we can better out Villager game. Suffice to say, I feel like I'm on a nice path of making a name for myself as in singles and doubles I recieved high praise for my play. (In the second doubles match I had against my boys named Valholla (SHeik) and Dr. Eggplant (Ness) who are EXTREMELY GOOD, I came back in a 2v1 when my partner's Yoshi was KO'd. I wish I had the replay. We lost a CLOSE set to them but they had mad respect for me and it was an incredible moment for me, personally. Villager has "untapped potential" as Zee himself put it. Stick to him if you love him and maybe you'll have those sweet comebacks like I had which never get old.

Sorry for the extra long post but I tend to have a lot I like to speak on whether it's Smash or an opinion about athletes I like. I've very outspoken and chill. Hope this helps not only you Kohak, but anybody who read this.

Never Give Up.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I find pocketing yoshis eggs is a good anti air. If they try to aproach with SH nair, dair, or fair or evn a down b read. In my experience, eggs dont clash and their littl explosion wil out prioritize anything except for another disjoint

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
I find pocketing yoshis eggs is a good anti air. If they try to aproach with SH nair, dair, or fair or evn a down b read. In my experience, eggs dont clash and their littl explosion wil out prioritize anything except for another disjoint
Duly noted. I'll try to implement that more in my games with my friend who badgers me with them from time to time.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
ctrl+f Ranai, IMO best villager ATM, a lot to learn from him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A95dQeF6MTw
Wow, 8:30-8:36 was awesome. Banana un-pocket > lloyd > shielded the approaching aerial > threw the banana > hit him in hit stun. So quick and genius. I think what's impressing me the most is his speed on the battlefield. It's just incredible.

Top Bottom