• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Video] Laser Storm: A Falco Laser Guide

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so here was my little attempt to make a guide about Falco's laser.

Its pretty general right now and I plan to improve the video once I get a capture card and more actual fighting to demonstrate the full potential of Falco's lasers (but until then, Sethlon's videos can help you with that xD)

Critiquing is welcome. Enjoy.

Laser Storm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5IgaK9SaiM

(Enjoy random Falco intermissions while watching :laugh: )

Daredevil

Smash Rookie
I hope you make more videos. That trick with the ledge hopping lasers is something completely new to me.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
yea no matter what color I tried it was unreadable so I put the read font stuff in the description.

Thanks for enjoying it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Good tips. If you make a next video, throwing in B Reversal and B Turnarounds would be good too.

By the way, what were the songs played in the video?

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
A great video. Very good tutorial. However consider your text colors a bit more carefully. The red (especially in such a small font) doesnt really work well to be easy to read.
Yea I know

since I video taped the replays via Camcorder and then put in windows media doesn't exactly make it any better with any other color or size.

Thanks for enjoying it thou.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
This is what I find when I go looking for a Falco guide or laser guide, and I deff didn't want to make a new thread.

Something I noticed while playing: If you dash, pivot, and jump, maintain momentum (backwards), initiate a laser and B-reverse, Falco will be impelled with reverse momentum (the way he came).

This means you go AT them, jump, and shoot a laser as you're moving away from them.
It's like Lucas' B-sticking PKF, but two more inputs, and way less pronounced.

I really can't believe no one else knows about this, but I've never seen it in a vid, or read anything about it. Surely it would have a use. If I'm not forgetting something you can of course double laser it, and I have seen the laser used at even short range to paralyze a foe for a Dsmash or even an Fsmash. This is a spacing option, although for what, I don't know.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Its like doing a RAR(Reverse Aerial Rush) Attack except you do an AF (About Face) SHL/SHDL instead.

I'm not sure about its potential use but you never know.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Good tips. If you make a next video, throwing in B Reversal and B Turnarounds would be good too.

By the way, what were the songs played in the video?
First Song: IDK

Second Song: "No Mercy" from Guilty Gear

Third Song: IDK

Fourth Song: "Xepher" from Beatmania

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
First Song - NGO (DDR SuperNova 2)

2nd Song- No Mercy (Guilty Gear XX)

3rd Song - The Prototype by Dimrain47 (Newgrounds)

4th Song - ICARUS (Beatmania IIDX 15)

5th Song - Bloody Tears IIDX Version (Beatmania IIDX 13)

Zinnakain

Smash Rookie
Well I think I know your problem with the hard time to read problem.
I looked at your video in Adobe Premiere.
When I was looking at it in fit mode usual it shows the full size of the video, but when I was looking at your video in fit mode it was smaller then usually, by any chance did you enlarge the video which can cause Pixelization.

I almost forgot :chuckle: Nice video

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
This is what I find when I go looking for a Falco guide or laser guide, and I deff didn't want to make a new thread.

Something I noticed while playing: If you dash, pivot, and jump, maintain momentum (backwards), initiate a laser and B-reverse, Falco will be impelled with reverse momentum (the way he came).

This means you go AT them, jump, and shoot a laser as you're moving away from them.
It's like Lucas' B-sticking PKF, but two more inputs, and way less pronounced.

I really can't believe no one else knows about this, but I've never seen it in a vid, or read anything about it. Surely it would have a use. If I'm not forgetting something you can of course double laser it, and I have seen the laser used at even short range to paralyze a foe for a Dsmash or even an Fsmash. This is a spacing option, although for what, I don't know.
That's because other people DO know about it lol... search the forums and you'll find it. You'll even find it on the front page in a thread.

Anyways, good laser guide. Glad to see lasers are starting to be put to good use.

voomm

Smash Apprentice
This is just what i have been looking for thank you!

Top Bottom