• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne's Smash 64 Community & Tournaments

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Redirect: A Tournament Thread by Robsta, an attempted tournament based in Flemington:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285516

Yes, a SSB64 scene exists in Melbourne! I am creating this thread to flag any interests in combining the Console-based SSB64, Melee and Brawl events in future to boost attendances and strengehen the overall scene (as I know there's Melee and Brawl players that would love to compete in 64).

Dekar289

Smash Hero
mario here lol
how did nobody notice all these melbourne smashers before

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
im all for it

time to main falcon in a game

or just play fox rofl

even more reason to move to melb biisshhesss

Robsta

Smash Ace
There is definitely one happening these upcoming school holidays we were expecting 10 or so. Feel free to come along.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i think this is the start of a huge rivalry between the original melb smash scene and the 64 smash scene
eventually culminating in an epic 9 hour pikmin 2 crew battle

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
im in on that crew battle. dibs on jiggs :D
it'll be nice to have a bit more motivation to come to couch warriors again.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
We've been hiding online. Look up Desiree's server on Project64k and get some practice in before the tourney!

On topic I won't be able to make this tourney either Robsta :/

Robsta

Smash Ace
Ahh that sucks ciaza.

Also when you guys do melee tournies where do you get the T.V.s from? We have all the consoles and controllers you could need but not enough T.V.s.

Also feel free to add me on Facebook if you want to get setup to play ONLINE!!!
rgc94@hotmail.com

asianaussie

Smash Hero
why are we all calling dibs

this isn't like melee or barwl you can easily get away with multiple mains, or hell, play the whole cast to a good level

asianaussie

Smash Hero
sorry, zero punctuation isn't very helpful

in melee or brawl you main one person and pick up one or two more seriously to diversify/cover for bad matchups

in 64 you play everybody and don't care for matchups, as i let you choose pika and dreamland vs my link

BTW GUYS VISIT THE 64 SECTION SHAMELESS PLUG HO HO

Dsc

Smash Ace
I just said it coz everyone else said it and i wanna fit in since im lonely and have no friends.

So.
This tourney will succeed.
And we'll all be happy smashers cheering and dancing in public singing the dreamland song. Just imagine that joy

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Ahh that sucks ciaza.

Also when you guys do melee tournies where do you get the T.V.s from? We have all the consoles and controllers you could need but not enough T.V.s.

Also feel free to add me on Facebook if you want to get setup to play ONLINE!!!
rgc94@hotmail.com
I can answer! I have been running Smash tournaments for years and have saved up a lot of money ($5K+ shared amongst different groups) from those events to purchase equipment and good venues. We have about 12 TVs that currently belong to the local Smash Community, which are typically stored at the venue we use in Abbotsford on a monthly basis. Some smashers also bring TVs to tournaments, although it's never enough on it's own.

Something tells me we should be instating Smash64 into future CouchWarriors tournaments -- if you guys want it to be!

Back to 64, if some of you guys could teach me how to play I'll **** in about... 5 months, LOL

Robsta

Smash Ace
Tom you got your wish. ^.^
(64 at couchwarriors)

I have two tv's that can be dedicated to 64

Zero

Smash Hero
A smash tourney isn't really a smash tourney unless you can hear the Dreamland theme.

All you S64 guys with Angel Beats avatars make me happy. :)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i want to use a dance mat

i mean gc controller

gc dance mat?

falcon without knee... quite the conundrum

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Get hype, the next CW monthly to feature a consolidated SSBB64/SSBM/SSBB tourney! It's so very rare for all three communities to co-exist, anywhere in the world! (Can't wait to try out Triangular Fox - Circular Fox is too hard!)

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
I used to play 64 online all the time - some of the guys who play these days are really good. I'd love to see some of Melbourne's best 64 players try their hand at Melee, and vice versa.

What's the story with the Australian version of SSB 64 though? I think it's 50 frames per second and has some other weird ****, is that going to be a problem?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We will never finish on time ever again.
Melee almost always finishes on time. The only time it didn't was when I wasn't there. 64 matches will also go fast since it has easily more 0-to-deaths than anything else.

Pick up the slack Brawl!

Top Bottom