• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonChild

Smash Rookie
Hey, can i come along?

I've been to a few of the meets before, never really played much tho, watched a fair bit, enjoyed it a lot.

I wouldn't mind bringing anything which i can contribute...got tvs i could bring, nothing special.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Dude, please come. Looking forward to seeing you there. I can smell you already. And umm, a tv would be great. I'm just worried about the host and how much space he has. I was planning on bringing 2 tvs myself, plus yours crimson child, plus whatever he has...hopefully forte will comment soon.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Vince isn't going to comment, but his space is large and there is no cap on the number of smashers coming

Hey Owen, i miss your british accent

_X_

Smash Lord
Redact, thanks for saying what you did on Forte's name (lol). I appreciate that you're aiming to get better at smash. I'm more than willing to help any and everyone get to a better level at this game - so don't be scared to approach me about it. As for thinking I'm the only true smasher lol it's not the case- if anything judging myself on the fact that I rarely bother to try and rarely practise I think I'm the opposite if anything xD.

_X_ Everything you said wasn't at all necessary. There was nothing inviting you to defend yourself or attack others, so doing so was IMO a bad decision on your part. Heck everyone makes them though, so I'm not planning on holding it against you. I'll answer the questions you posed though.
"Why couldn't you "Professionals" hold your little Smash make out sessions to meet with someone, who you just called a friend, who has come all the way down here form WA? Seems pretty **** reasonable to me."
He was here to see his girlfriends family, and only suggested we meet up if there was a chance - as I mentioned I stated when I was free and it didn't happen. No love lost. It wasn't a make-out session - this comment wasn't necessary.
"I also could needed to point out the "Professional" thing again, I could help but laugh. How can you make a living off Super Smash Brothers? I think Pro', although being the same word, has less serious connotations than 'PROFESSIONAL'"
In the United States KO and I earned a position in the MLG professional league for teams. Were we to return to an MLG event we'd be sponsored, and seeded for the team tournament. This plus the fact we do use smash winnings to add towards paying the many expenses of everyday life plus travel using winnings between tournaments I feel does constitute professional status.
""you're only lowering peoples opinions of you by arching up." This also made me laugh, please do not speak for the rest of us."
I was speaking for the group of people I was with at the time who were of the same opinion as I was. You were not mentioned or intended as a part of 'peoples'. I'm glad it brought a smile to your face however xD.
Heaven forbit I post my opinion on a public forum. Didn't want people's opinions don't post of a forum.

" There was nothing inviting you to defend yourself or attack others, so doing so was IMO a bad decision on your part"

It was posted on a forum, this inviting me as a member of this particular forum.

"I was speaking for the group of people I was with at the time who were of the same opinion as I was."

Naturaly, I mean, people creating their own opinions, that's simply unthinkable.

Bringer edit: Woo for abuse of Mod Powers. What _X_ means is that he thinks you should have made time for Mat cos you aren't gonna see him for a long while. Any 'attack' or 'flame' on his part was entirely unintentional or non-existant as he knows it's completely against forum rules. ^_^

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i think its because the rooms we usually use arent available until then, at least thats why for jan

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
What are cookies without choc-chip in the mix?
Feb is the busy month for me, but Ill see what I can do for being available for you guys.
No cap? *senses another Narre Warren South xD*
Still arguing X? The hatchet was buried long ago but feel free to rant on *shrugs*.
It's likely someone will want to bring Brawl to the monthly. Brawl is already saying the "..ha-me.." part in its attack to finish Melee off once and for all xD
LMX How can you be a child of mine if you don't show up?
PS: Dedede is cool.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
me.." part in its attack to finish Melee off once and for all xD
Then by DBZ timeframe Brawl'll be here in November ;) Got to have Melee doing the "You can't beat me! <own attempt to counter the attack> followed by the "oh no this cant be happening" then with the flashback of all the major events, then the slow mo of it's defeat.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
so massive smash meet at vince's... tomorrow.. with lots of tvs and smexy people?

=D

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
holy crap im not too shabby at teams no more

lesson 1 atticus: up-tilt

also emo crew reppin, newest member: justin, the up and coming pro 8-year old marth
great meet apart from the bit where i was knackered due to no sleep, but youtube tv is win, makes everyone better than they should be cause it has to be on the net
ps: counter combo ftw

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
when me and dekar unite, its like when the planeteers unite, but instead of captain planet we get captain falcon

you guys are gone for teams

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
Yo, Mikul/mark/forblaze/jei jei any one you guys wanna come around Saturday for some smash?

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
DAAMMMN INTERNETZZ sorry i cant edit my post so im forced to double post this internet is teh gayzzz

i say meet at n2c tommorow im already gonna have friends there anyway so why not?

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
GL to those in Adelaide.

To those that didn't make the trip, just a reminder that the CW AGM is on tomorrow at 2pm, Union building at Melb Uni.
http://www.couchwarriors.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=876&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Basic idea is to get a rough idea of 2008 fleshed out and elect a proper committee to carry out tasks and improve on last years effort. Yeah, we are going fairly official but we're gonna try keep the read tape crap to a minimum. This year we'll be pushing for something a lot bigger than last.

Also, as a side note I have your voucher Freddo. Sorry for the lengthy delay, if you want me to hand it over to someone coming tomorrow I can do so, otherwise I'll just mail it out. When you use the voucher give the guy behind the counter your name.

Is there any specific reason why it begins in March and not February?
O-week people have the latrobe room booked for training and sexy parties.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
ahhh **** SWF going down at the worst time... anyone wanna do anything tonight/tommorow then? maybe monday? COMOOON SMASH
and i've been all home all week i need an excuse to get out...

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Unfortunately can't make it to the CW meeting, or down to Melbourne at all for a little bit yet.

I'm trying to sort my year out. Positive! I have 2 days of Uni a week, which leaves me with 3 free days xD

My course is broken.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman

Bjay

Smash Lord
Guys when is the next Smash tournament for Melbourne on? I'm interested in entering ^_^

I wanna go to Melbourne =D

karadoc

Smash Rookie
As far as I know, no release date has been announced for Brawl in Australia. It could be months away. I think it is a little premature to be writing off Melee and planning Brawl tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom