• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We'll be using NTSC Brawl copies before the PAL release. A few players will already have the import version by then, so we're going with that. That's including Cats, Shaz, Cobalt, Plasia and Reon if he decides to return. All we really need is 3 copies to start a tournament, and it's pretty much guaranteed to happen, some get their JP copies within days.

PS - I'll might also invest in my own before then for good measure.

karadoc

Smash Rookie
Fair enough. Sounds good.

The only drawback is there will probably be a stack of people who haven't played it before, so the competition may not be as high quality as with Melee. I won't by buying Brawl until it is released in Australia... but I've never been to one of these tournaments anyway. (My enthusiasm for SSB oscillates, and it seems to be out of sync with the timing of the tournaments, so I've never been motivated enough to come along.)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i am getting JP brawl for sure, it might take me 2-3 weeks due to paypal and play-asia understocked and shipping time, but im getting it none the less, so when it comes to a meet pre-american release, or such, ill have brawwlllssiieess :3

Bjay

Smash Lord
April 7th? I'll be there CAO :)

Fair enough. Sounds good.

The only drawback is there will probably be a stack of people who haven't played it before, so the competition may not be as high quality as with Melee.
That's just what makes it more fun. We're playing a new game. We should enjoy it ^_^

nintounk

Smash Rookie
Reon here. My copy of Dairantou Smash Brothers X will be in by the end of next week. I have a Us Wii modded with D2B version Wiikey. Heard that *** Brawl cannot be played on this (pulls out a chunk of hair). So me being me again I've ordered a *** Wii and should get it around the same time. We should give ppl a chance to check the game out, anyone interested?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We've missed you Reon. Finally out of the cuteification rock? I'm interested too - it's been too long <3

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
So I see that cyclowiz works for modding. Understandably chances are low, but if anyone confirms that the same or similar mod works with a PAL wii let me know. The wait is going to be ridiculous. :(

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i am getting JP brawl for sure, it might take me 2-3 weeks due to paypal and play-asia understocked and shipping time, but im getting it none the less, so when it comes to a meet pre-american release, or such, ill have brawwlllssiieess :3
i'll be at your house... always, evem if it's just to watch :)

Khang McCloud

Smash Rookie
Yo

Hello everyone.

I've just picked up smash again recently, and it feels so very good.
On the topic of brawl, i have a japanese wii so it should be able to run dairantou smashbros x with no problems. I'd be glad to give people the chance to have a run at it until the pal release.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Welcome back everyone! *phoenix rebirth*

KhangMC, come to the RANBAT on March 22 - everyone's bringing their brawls there for funs and games <3

Bjay

Smash Lord
It's so weird not seeing Marth wavedash!

It's weird not seeing your Peach wavedash too!

But hey those were some pretty cool matches, how is the feel of Lucario overall?

I like his recovery :) Heh I can't wait to play Brawl!

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
so when is --officially-- the next smashfest or tournament?
It's late and all these different dates and stuff :s I never used forums until this year nor have i have been to a tournament [and one thats organised on threads] before so its all new to me :)
so can i come?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hi there, everyone is welcome - our next tournament is on March 22 at La Trobe Uni. The first post has all the info you need to get there.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Hey, I might come visit you guys this summer. If I can find some nice tickets I will really think about it, have you guys ever heard of tickets being under $1000 from US (Oregon) to Australia?

If I do, you guys will through me a big smashfest, right? I'll be sure to bring my Wii and Brawl disc ;)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
if either shaz or cats come, there should be brawl, or if my paypal hurries up and then play-asia take only a few days somehow, ill have brawl there too XD

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Oooooomiiiiiiiigoooouuurrrrrrrd, just found out that I'm coming to Melbourne this Thursday <3 <3 <3
Oooooomiiiiiiiigoooouuurrrrrrrd, we need to hit the town again. Let's go to Irish pubs this time, like Bridie O'reillys. This is all followed by or following some Smash, of course. <3

Dekar289

Smash Hero
forte's meet should be moved to thursday, perhaps?

edit: nvm that wouldn't work with school and stuff.... :dizzy:

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
gosh, I only have the original smash brothers and been playing it from 2000- 2005

and i've only borrowed melee recently (for 3 months and against computers) and I'll be competing with people who are crazy- crazy good at it?

ok, im scared. :p i'll come

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Yeh Falco plays a lot different now, I wont spoil anything but I will need time to get used to him. Because of that I really want to import a Yanky Wii and Brawl but when I looked it up on Play-Asia.com it will cost me $670 !. I'm thinking of staving myself in order to save up the money needed plus they are out of American Wiis atm so I would have to back order it.

I keep asking myself is it worth it ?

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Oooooomiiiiiiiigoooouuurrrrrrrd, we need to hit the town again. Let's go to Irish pubs this time, like Bridie O'reillys. This is all followed by or following some Smash, of course. <3
Oooooomiiiiiiigoooooouuuurrrrrrrd, Bridey O'reilys lol i went there for the first time the other week, pubs dont get much more irish.... unless your in Ireland :dizzy: cheap pints atleast

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
rooftop is the best bar in summer - skyscraper nirvana
vince should host something this weekend - if possible, its the only time im semi-free
there is a sydney guy coming here for a wedding tonight - only in melbourne for 24 hours (adam/bibs), will do something after work tonight, wanna hit up a bar tonight call me
wiki - its possible to get flights around 1K US, you gotta hunt well in advance though. flying from oregon, is prolly a bit more expensive since you'll have to fly to sfo or lax first for a connection
zac whats the reason for visiting?
wolf is too cute

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
rooftop is the best bar in summer - skyscraper nirvana
vince should host something this weekend - if possible, its the only time im semi-free
there is a sydney guy coming here for a wedding tonight - only in melbourne for 24 hours (adam/bibs), will do something after work tonight, wanna hit up a bar tonight call me
wiki - its possible to get flights around 1K US, you gotta hunt well in advance though. flying from oregon, is prolly a bit more expensive since you'll have to fly to sfo or lax first for a connection
zac whats the reason for visiting?
wolf is too cute
This is all news to me. Hosting? As much as I would love to do that, I just don't think it's possible.

But if you mean someone else... I'd love to come :)

~Vince.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know where to buy official gamecube (or as a last resort: really good 3rd party) controllers (in melbourne) in shops, and not online?

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
hahaha you wish EB has taken over TAKEN OVER I TELZ YA you'll never find em now...

><' cause im a nice guy il sell ya one of mine for ONE HUNDRED DOLLARRRRS BAHAHAHAHA

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
actually i was in sunbury the other day and i found a GamesRush i was like Zomg~ i thought they closed down everywhere.
they had gc controllers there

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
or if you get really desperate for an official gamecube controller as a last resort you could always buy a preowned gamecube from EB for under $50 which would come with a controller.
I've also seen some new controllers at JB HiFi keep in mind this was just before christmas though

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the info :) and semi-thanks to FiErCe_oNi.
i'll try finding them somewhere, somehow, i;ve already broken three 3rd party controllers in less than a year.

Did you know apparently Nintendo cant make wavebirds anymore because they lost the mold to shape the controllers? gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom