• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
remember guys, ranbats aren't exactly the most serious thing around, i want to try items, but its not only my choice, you guys are playing too :p
we had lol stages before, i liked that
anyone else except for me up for ITAMS TEAMS!?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
LOL stages are here to stay. Just throwing that out there. :)
Items can be good if you are selective of certain ones. As long as most are turned off and the fair ones are set to low it should prove interesting

But do a proper vote and see if items is a goer first, if most people are against it then I suggest not to bother until another time

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
lol stages + proper items (just stolen list from the tactical discussion) is the way to go
you mean theres always going to be lol stages as the random?

also like cao said, its gonna be a vote sorta thing, ill talk to people + read posts, then decide what will run

Great Aether

Smash Cadet
LOL stages are here to stay. Just throwing that out there. :)
Items can be good if you are selective of certain ones. As long as most are turned off and the fair ones are set to low it should prove interesting

But do a proper vote and see if items is a goer first, if most people are against it then I suggest not to bother until another time
Actually, that pretty much won't bother me, especially setting it to low. Now I do want items.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
haha just cause cao pulls out a beam sword AND a bob-bomb in one match as peach ^_^
items sound good. i like the 'lets-try-new-things' phase melbourne is going through. brawl was getting kinda boring...im all for it

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
So the changes that have been made recently were pretty much stuff like, changing Eldin to counter-pick?

What else was changed?

that never happened, all the CP's got thrown into random select

jei plays too much, sunday at highpoint wtf - thanks for plugging in the ranbats though

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
it was only a couple of games
and i dont have a wii to play it at home remember *sadface*
haha vsing randoms is fun. all i did was glide under the stage as pit and loop one arrow and ppl in the store are all 'wtf' and start cheering.
go me (and pit-tricks)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
like if i tried items, i would most likely have a balanced list of items, along with low setting too

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
maybe ban items where they perform by themselves like pokeballs and assist trophies? even though they're fun to use.
and long range ones like cracker launcher.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
(Smash Ball) (Assist Trophy) (Pokeball) (Containers) (Blast Box) (Maxim Tomato) (Heart Container) (Dragoon) (Super Mushroom) (Poison Mushroom) (Starman) (Superspicy Curry) (Lightning) (Fan) (Golden Hammer) (Cracker Launcher) (Bob-Omb) (Smart Bomb) (Deku Nut) (Bumper) (Unira) (Soccer Ball)

as stolen from a decent thread in tactical discussion, those items would be banned
tell me what others should be, or shouldn't be banned, and give me decent reasoning as to why, and ill consider it

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
But I like the soccer ball... it's too good... banning the fan? wow i need to read this items thread for some perspective lol

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
You want stupid kiddy casual brawl? Go home and play with your n00b friends and turn all the stupid crap on you want. Don't bring it to the tournaments.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ill highlight some reasons why they're banned

(Smash Ball) = obvious >_>
(Assist Trophy) = ....
(Pokeball) = ....
(Containers) = rigged containers spawn in an attack means you die instantly
(Blast Box) = same as container for a decent bunch of attacks
(Maxim Tomato) = heals too much
(Heart Container) = heals too much again
(Dragoon) = broken much?
(Super Mushroom) = both mushrooms interrupt animations for almost a second flat. ANY animation
(Poison Mushroom) = both mushrooms interrupt animations for almost a second flat
(Starman) = .....
(Superspicy Curry) = super broken curry more like it
(Lightning) = not so bad, might change this one
(Fan) = you can easily infinite with this and **** shields
(Golden Hammer) = ....
(Cracker Launcher) = broken long range rapid explosive?
(Bob-Omb) = spawn in your attack = win
(Smart Bomb) = same as bomb-omb
(Deku Nut) = instant stun, instant kill if it connects, can own you if it spawns in your attack
(Bumper) = WAYYYY too good at being a **** edgeguard, can be made impossible to recover for most characters
(Unira) = bumper + 1, cant hurt self, kills at under 100%, can be a broken projectile shield so on
(Soccer Ball) = can be broken if it spawns on you, may change though, this one isnt so bad

im thinking about it a ton myself, im looking at a few and thinking they could be on even though theyre stated as broken, so post what you think about some of these things, and why they should/shouldnt be banned, or just tell me that you dont want items

ps: boohoo plasia, cant you have fun for once? :p

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Items are inherently broken, so if you're going to do item teams you might as well be more lenient about what's turned on.

(Smash Ball) = keep
(Assist Trophy) = keep
(Pokeball) = keep
(Containers) = keep
(Blast Box) = keep
(Maxim Tomato) = ban
(Heart Container) = ban
(Dragoon) = keep - fighting for the pieces will make it interesting
(Super Mushroom) = keep - oh no, don't want your animation interrupted?? then consider it a trap to avoid and don't pick it up.
(Poison Mushroom) = keep
(Starman) = ban
(Superspicy Curry) = ban
(Lightning) = don't remember this one
(Fan) = keep - ****** shields? sounds like exactly what brawl needs
(Golden Hammer) = ban
(Cracker Launcher) = keep
(Bob-Omb) = don't care
(Smart Bomb) = i thought this was okay?
(Deku Nut) = don't remember it
(Bumper) = keep - bumper is awesome, oh no you can't recover 30 times if someone can use it properly! again, QQ, this kind of thing is exactly what brawl needs
(Unira) = don't remember this one
(Soccer Ball) = keep

keep items out of singles

Dedu

Smash Lord
Items are inherently broken, so if you're going to do item teams you might as well be more lenient about what's turned on.

(Smash Ball) = keep
(Assist Trophy) = keep
(Pokeball) = keep
(Containers) = keep
(Blast Box) = keep
(Maxim Tomato) = ban
(Heart Container) = ban
(Dragoon) = keep - fighting for the pieces will make it interesting
(Super Mushroom) = keep - oh no, don't want your animation interrupted?? then consider it a trap to avoid and don't pick it up.
(Poison Mushroom) = keep
(Starman) = ban
(Superspicy Curry) = ban
(Lightning) = don't remember this one
(Fan) = keep - ****** shields? sounds like exactly what brawl needs
(Golden Hammer) = ban
(Cracker Launcher) = keep
(Bob-Omb) = don't care
(Smart Bomb) = i thought this was okay?
(Deku Nut) = don't remember it
(Bumper) = keep - bumper is awesome, oh no you can't recover 30 times if someone can use it properly! again, QQ, this kind of thing is exactly what brawl needs
(Unira) = don't remember this one
(Soccer Ball) = keep

keep items out of singles
While you're at it, ban Luigi, Lucas and Sonic for their godly Final Smashes ;)

heartless_pit

Smash Cadet
Hi nice tourny this month too bad i sucked in this one (i did better my first one)

I say put items on LOW then keep

smashballs: battle to the ball, keep play interesting.
lipstick, star rod: good held items not to strong if thrown and no ******** upwards knock like fan.
proximity mine: can be a smart choice if well places (like the side of the stage, its always evil XD).
fire flower: not to over powered.
ray gun: same reason.
Super scope: same reason.
gooey bomb: can be you best friend or worst enemy depending if it comes back to you.
barrels and such: this could also be a bad idea cause of the chance of it exploding.
team healer: for team battles of course.
food: be good to see peopl fighting over this stuff.
franklin badge: fun to trick opponents with, but give some characters a bit of a hard time.
dragoon: maybe ...
(btw if u dont kno who i am im called Kagix or Kajix in the tournys).

and i also agree with dedu u should keep items outta singles.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Bryan- Nice Wi-Fi matches yesterday. Sorry for the lag though. I have ADSL 2 and yet it's very slow. It keeps disconnecting me. My taunt messages were messed up. I wanted to press up-taunt but I kept pressing down-taunt which said, "I G2G" accidentally. I changed those so I won't have to worry about that anymore. Each round I play random so it's more fun.

Edit: Oops I checked my Facebook messages after I wrote up this one.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
i thought the connection was fine, your connection was blue colored; but as for disconnecting... its funny how it disconnected just after i hit u on ur last stock on castle siege. i could've won ;) nooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom