• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

_X_

Smash Lord
Everyone played well.

I think I must have cheated without know it... >_>

But yeah, good times had by all. Afterwards was wicked too.

Nay's mad allyway raving.

Thanks for the lift home Jai, we wub you.

kupo

Smash Lord
I'm still crap :(
You came third in teams! Good effort imo! I forgot...did you redeem yourself by beating Zax? :p

Anyways, just wanted to say that it was a well run tourney (Thanks Sam, Cao, Redact, Zan and others). Despite it running pass 8:30, I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to those who came to my uncles restaurant after rambats. Was muchly appreciated! ^__^

Oh yea..me second...wtf? Teams...first? Wut da flux!? Thats soooo not right. Jei made up for my noobishness.

Devil shoulda beaten me X_X. Woxy is scary! So is X's Snake! (shame on blowing yourself up >_<).

I beat Erick's Falco..that's all that counts! :p

lol Redact, we suuuuure need to practice moar ddr! <3

Team Fire Emblem next monthly! =D

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Since Chris is gone can I take all his points :).

Plasia: Team Fortress!

Bryan: I PMed you my Brawl FC.

VPR point differences:

1st: 26
2nd: 22 (-4)
3rd: 17 (-5)
4th: 17 (0)
5th: 17 (0)
6th: 11 (-6)
7th: 10 (-1)
8th: 6 (-4)
9th: 5 (-1)
10th: 5 (0)
11th: 5 (0)
12th: 3 (-2)
13th: 3 (0)
14th: 3 (0)
15h: 3 (0)

More balanced than last monthly?

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I did really bad in singles (Foxy was out of practice so i used Ike), granted the people i lost to came 1st and 5th respectively but still :(

X we should team next monthly, team Infinite Ammo! :chuckle:

Awesome crew battle though Redact did help a lot with coaching people when they got pressured (like me)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I wub Melbourne Smash Community! <3 <3 <3 wub wub wub! awwwww, *pet*

caramelldansen lol?

x and iced k wtf?

michael jorrrrdan/mary jane watson/em-jei team wins?

em borrow a wii for a week and beats everyone wtf???

advanced TAK-tics? att-TAK in crews?

redact, the best captain and coacher ever?

free lemonade? solo and real lemon varieties?

atticus can play max 300 after 1 day playing on the arcade machine?

our backstreet 'nightclub' was funny lol - show me your moves?

this all spells 1 word: ****

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Awww, I'm really jealous that I have to miss out on most of these monthlies. I would even play DDR if it would mean I could get Sunday mornings off (I have never even touched a DDR game).

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I forgot...did you redeem yourself by beating Zax? :p
Yes, I beat him good.

Suntan Luigi = Cobalt? o hai

Nice tourney. I'm starting to feel like I'm the Next Chris when I'm using Meta Knight. Plastia that was a close match. Thought I was gonna lose.
You were going to lose, but then I got stupid. You adapted to my anti-MK strat and instead of me thinking up something new or changing to a different anti-MK approach I just got really pissed off and started to suck.

Protip for Cao: When you use Charizard, don't just spam rock smash and aerials all day, I didn't see you do a single dtilt or ftilt. Those moves are really good. I'll PT ditto you in a friendlies match np :)

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Getting outpaced in Brawl fast, I need to prac up if I hope to stay ranked :3 perhaps some new character(s) are in order? Having not bothered this long I'm just going to wait for the local release to actually get the game though.

Good times at Box Hill :) I seem to have acquired more of a taste for Asian food now, and I was skeptical about getting pulled back into DDR but playing it in the arcade is heaps fun!

Thanks Plasia for getting me to CW and Sam for getting me (and my TV) back home.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeh, redact, i played super bad all day
getting second in teams was mainly you ;)
but you played so well because i was there, right? right!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
yeah, i had my super awesome forte-lover pal with me, boosting me to second
but you need a combination of forte-love and pony to win, its my super awesome strategy
<3 all the people playing ddr now

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
Bleh.
Well done to everyone, sounds like you had a great time. I suppose it's good to see that the results are not the same as last time, it does seem as though the gap between people is closing in quite a bit.
Anyway, I SO have to make it back to one of these tourneys and when I do, the west crew will reign supreme =D

Dekar289

Smash Hero
there's like 10 people that i could easily see winning the next monthly, and that's so good

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Apart from the May Ranbat being too good, we had a relaxed turnout this month - 29 people. I'm guessing that's because I didn't do enough to promote the event outside Smashboards as I have usually done, but that will change for the upcoming June Ranbat. For anyone who couldn't make it recently, please support the community by coming to the next one!

Redact will be taking charge on the day, and is a very reliable tournament director, and Sam will be always be around too! Just bump him off Melty Blood if need be.

One other thing, the Ranbat will be held in the Stan Oakes room. It's on the same hallway you use to enter the seminar rooms we've always been using. It's very easy to find.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
its more so looking at the brackets for getting sam off melty, just maybe leave melty to atticus's laptop, yet get it started earlier or something?
whatever floats the boat for sam and a consistently visible bracket :p

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
a japanese schoolgirl?

btw nay and i were at highpoint today and we walk into a games shop and theres ppl playin brawl.
we jump on and whoop them (urs truly coming first everytime of course) then we mentioned the tournaments.
an employee there seemed interested and said he will put up a sign for ppl who are interested in brawl to join the tournaments and shiz...hope that works out okay.

ps. this employee was trying to tell us how to play b4 we started our first match...cuuuute

oh yer:
" Jei made up for my noobishness."

quite the opposite actually, dont be so modest we won most of our games from u stealing the victory after i had died early

<failed at quoting>

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I think I'll come to the June 21st one in honor of my 21st birthday being on June 26th. Woo! Also, I've been rather strapped for cash.

I mean... I need that PS3 for MGS4 god ****it! And plus I bought The World Ends With You a few days ago... and Mario Kart Wii...

Anyway, moral of the story is I'm coming down hopefully. I'll be on holidays so I don't see why I couldn't make it.

Everence

Smash Apprentice
... And out comes a 4 month lurker.

Enjoyed that last Ranbat, coming 9th is alright for a 2nd timer I suppose. Annoyed that I lost to Emily but at least she went on to come first. I'll put up a better fight Cao next time so watch out :p

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Welcome to posting on the boards Everence. :) Sora, bug me for some friendlies next time, before I bug you

Chris! That's good timing. American smasher Unknownforce will be over in August as well - I'll need to plan the dates so that we can have an August Ranbat/Tournament that everyone can go to. Fonti too, since we're hitting the slopes ;) Yes, I'm organising a crew to go to Hotham or Falls, Sam and others are coming with us to get buttraped by hard a$$ unfluffy snow - more on that later

and we can set the next crew battle for August too! You can be the West captain - you've got hard work ahead though, Redact is too good at this stuff

PS - I want a smashfest in the southeast - Shaz/Adam, help!

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Lol I'm no longer alone, Everence also lives on the Mornington Peninsular, hopfully he can help. I'll start looking around at local clubs, halls and other such places to see if I can rent a room for the day, I will also speek with Shaz and see what is good for him.

P.S. Shaz, do you want to catch up tonight ?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
did anyone want anything special this monthly for new brawl rule set tryouts?
like anyone wanna try items? ;)
smash balls only?
unless everyone wants a normal rule set, singles and teams, and maybe crews again (this time crews of 4-5?)
anyone thought of something like that?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yes
items
put most of them on medium/high and away we go.
items teams or items singles?
crews if we get tons of people we should just do east vs west again, 10 vs 10 or w/e, more = moar epic

Great Aether

Smash Cadet
Welcome to posting on the boards Everence. :) Sora, bug me for some friendlies next time, before I bug you

Chris! That's good timing. American smasher Unknownforce will be over in August as well - I'll need to plan the dates so that we can have an August Ranbat/Tournament that everyone can go to. Fonti too, since we're hitting the slopes ;) Yes, I'm organising a crew to go to Hotham or Falls, Sam and others are coming with us to get buttraped by hard a$$ unfluffy snow - more on that later

and we can set the next crew battle for August too! You can be the West captain - you've got hard work ahead though, Redact is too good at this stuff

PS - I want a smashfest in the southeast - Shaz/Adam, help!
That'd be cool, but seeing u play, I don't stand a chance.

Items, I don't know. It kind of gives everyone an advantage and you'll have to rely on them than strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom